Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

the next 4* healer just seems like a strong powercreep that seems to just do everything Natasha can do, but better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I might be fixing to commit the cardinal sin of pulling for a 4* on a 5* banner I don't want. There's no way I'll have a JY situation happen to me twice, right, God?

One more Natasha eidolon for e6 :(

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Sushang e6 come to me.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I don't really find Luocha fun to play, but he does allow for different team compositions. I never liked Natasha because I always felt like I had to run her with Fireblazer or March. Luocha removes the need for that second sustaining unit and gives me more room for characters I like.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Honestly you just stick loucha onto a team, play normally and he'll auto heal twice and create a field preventing you from ever dying.

His ult purging buffs is nice but creating an insta stack has been the most valuable part about it.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Fu Xian is everything I been wishing for in an 'all-rounder' 5*
might have to whale for her a bit and make her my waifu

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
My nat has been solo healing one side of MoC 1-9, no preservations. It does get a little dicey sometimes if her "oh poo poo" button isn't up though.

e: NM didn't read his poo poo! I don't think he has auto skilled for me yet lol

acumen fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jul 18, 2023

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Luocha's field charges on skill use (including auto skill) and on ult

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

yea I've probably used luocha's skill purposefully like 5 times since pulling him a couple weeks ago. he's just a autohealing skill point generator with a good element and ult. what more could you want

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I screwed up and took some time off and now I don't have any currency to pull for Kafka. I guess I'm going to try to get lucky 1 pull per day.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also Luocha makes me want Blade, whereas before I pulled Luocha I had no interest in Blade. But Luocha synergises so well with Blade, and Blade being skill point positive fits in very well with how I like to build my teams. I don't even need Pela as much anymore since I could just slap Resolution Shines on Welt and have him be my debuffer for Blade and Sushang.

Obviously if you're happy with your sustain you don't need Luocha. Just like if you're happy with your dps you don't need Blade or Kafka.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I took no time off and probably won't have the currency for anyone let alone fu xuan which is like four (?) banners from now

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I find Natasha really boring to use because she's so straightforward. Just heal, or don't. Luocha is fun for me because you can maximize his use of his basic attack by keeping track of his automatic free skill use, his ultimate, and his flower stacks.

I'm a healer main in FFXIV and it weirdly kind of reminds me of what I enjoy about healing there-- sure if you're doing well you spend most of your time pressing one button, but you get to feel smart when you line things up and keep the party alive while dealing damage.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

UHD posted:

I took no time off and probably won't have the currency for anyone let alone fu xuan which is like four (?) banners from now

I have good news! F2P people make enough to get every other featured 5* with AVERAGE luck. Even with the worst possible luck (going to full pity every time), you will still get one out of every four! And the more you play, the more likely you are to closely hew to the average. And sometimes you'll get lucky and pull the character super early!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Sexual Aluminum posted:

We are totally helping her Single White Female poor Tamelia

That was not the direction I expected them to go given their dialogue.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I didn't start spending money until after I got Luocha. So I got 3 banner 5 stars all f2p.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I have zero desire for kafka and blade. IL Dan looks cool but I don't really need a third hypercarry yet so I guess I'm aiming for Fu Xuan and Lynx for a quantum party.

Kinda interested to see how they plan on keeping that carrot dangling, I'm only $30 in and I have two full squads already. At this point in Genshin I didn't even have a 5*

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

acumen posted:

I have zero desire for kafka and blade. IL Dan looks cool but I don't really need a third hypercarry yet so I guess I'm aiming for Fu Xuan and Lynx for a quantum party.

Kinda interested to see how they plan on keeping that carrot dangling, I'm only $30 in and I have two full squads already. At this point in Genshin I didn't even have a 5*

5-star re-releases of 4-stars and seasonal variants (Swimsuit March 7th etc) is my guess

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Walla posted:

I didn't start spending money until after I got Luocha. So I got 3 banner 5 stars all f2p.

Keep in mind you were also flooded with the initial jade rewards that get poo poo onto new players. First-time rewards from leveling, clearing content, achievements, etc. So you can't project this kind of pacing into the coming months when your jade income is significantly lower

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I've finally started to get repeat daily missions; I think I've encountered 3 or 4 repeats so far. I still get some new ones as well, but I think I've mostly exhausted the list now.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

even though the new relic set is made for Blade with the HP, and crit. for using up hp, I think I just might go with the regular wind set for Blade. for the advance forward.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Tatsuta Age posted:

what more could you want

an actual interesting character

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Look all my attachment entirely comes from Otto Apoclapyse, but the ending of his story quest hinted at him doing something big, and you know it's going to be good. :colbert: We'll find out in a few hours hopefully.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I know people are jonesing for the mono quantum team but fu xuan and Lynx seem like overkill. I bet fu xuan can solo sustain no problem. We need a quantum harmony now.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
That's why you use Seele, SW, and Qingque.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

All quantum all the time. The most interesting characters.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Kyrosiris posted:

an actual interesting character

I'm amused by the weird pretty boy carrying around a coffin and weirding everyone out.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Tagichatn posted:

I know people are jonesing for the mono quantum team but fu xuan and Lynx seem like overkill. I bet fu xuan can solo sustain no problem. We need a quantum harmony now.

Good news everyone. If the current quantum harmony's leaked kit ever touches live that team is going to be absolutely disgusting. Her skill is a weird hybrid of Lynx's and Bronya's, max hp% increase and boost forward. Her ult just straight up restores 4 skill points. Her talent is if a unit uses a skill point, boost their damage for that turn. Just busted.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

where the gently caress is lynx

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Eimi posted:

Look all my attachment entirely comes from Otto Apoclapyse, but the ending of his story quest hinted at him doing something big, and you know it's going to be good. :colbert: We'll find out in a few hours hopefully.

We will never find out. The next patch will just replace with launch screen with an image saying "THANK YOU FOR PLAYING" and no future patches will ever be released.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Meowywitch posted:

where the gently caress is lynx

Gone fishin'.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

What time does the update drop Eastern US? Anyone know?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

We will never find out. The next patch will just replace with launch screen with an image saying "THANK YOU FOR PLAYING" and no future patches will ever be released.

This would fit entirely with what happened to the Shattered Swords VN that Luocha is based from, so I believe it.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Walla posted:

What time does the update drop Eastern US? Anyone know?

Usually they start maintenance around 5PM and finish around 10 or 11, iirc. Don't hold your breath.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Eimi posted:

Good news everyone. If the current quantum harmony's leaked kit ever touches live that team is going to be absolutely disgusting. Her skill is a weird hybrid of Lynx's and Bronya's, max hp% increase and boost forward. Her ult just straight up restores 4 skill points. Her talent is if a unit uses a skill point, boost their damage for that turn. Just busted.

Honkai: Quantum Rail.

2.x will then spend its entire year nerfing the hell out of quantum somehow.

Clarste posted:

Usually they start maintenance around 5PM and finish around 10 or 11, iirc. Don't hold your breath.

Make sure to use your trailblaze power before maintenance.

i do not understand why the energy bank mechanic (Imersifier) is so limited in this game compared to genshin

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
luocha SLAMMING the coffin down during his ultimate feels good.

i wish he had the basic attack of Natasha which is way more chunky and delicious.

he makes my team never die while i autobattle the simulated universes.

hooray for luocha

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

By "limited" do you mean "in terms of what you can do with it"? Because we have a bigger bank of stored energy available in SR compared to GI - 320 total vs 200 total.

It is a bit weird that we can only burn them on SU relics and not all relics, since the energy cost is the same across both, but it makes sense that you can't use them on minibosses or calyxes due to the difference in cost (increments of 10, 30).

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

JT Jag posted:

Yeah, the ability to drop fat nearly 3000-health restoring single heals as a follow-up already makes Luocha great, but his field straight up heals more than Natasha's ult after a few hits

this is the part that really pushes it so much for me, like on top of his ridiculously juicy kit with Both a debuff and cleanse, he actually has even more healing power than even bailu. the common criticism he gets where 'oh he doesn't have a reactive insta full heal button' kind of feels superfluous considering his skill alone seemingly heals easily anyways.

e: i feel like i have enough brainworms over not having gotten luocha that i should make a last minute effort to get him even though i already got bailu. because that would be a healthy brain choice to make, right

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jul 18, 2023

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

The reason you never really need to use his skill is that if an ally falls below 50% HP, he’ll automatically heal them instantly without using a turn or skill point, which he can do once every two turns he takes. This heal also adds to the Abyss Flower stacks. Plus even without an ERR Rope, Luocha will proc his ultimate fairly quickly, which again adds to the Abyss Flower stack. Then after two stacks he deploys his healing field and any damage that your party does to the enemies, will heal your party.

He’s frankly ridiculous. The only case where I can see you use his skill is if someone has a debuff and you need to cleanse it ASAP, or you somehow have to heal someone below 50% HP after he’s already automatically healed someone else, though I’d argue you aren’t leveled or equipped right in that scenario.

Selenephos fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jul 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

And all the pre-release hullaballoo over Luocha being a fragile flower because he's Attack scaling instead of HP scaling was nonsense, too. His base attack and base HP are among the highest in the game (I think attack is the highest among all characters) and the scaling numbers are high enough that you really don't need to invest heavily into attack for him. He does just fine with HP/Def/whatever else on his chest piece and orb.

But while IMO he's the clear #1 healer in the game, if you have Bailu or intend to pull for Lynx, I don't think he's a must-have. You'd almost certainly be better off holding onto your jade/tickets for either a real tank (if you're lacking one) or another top-tier DPS unit like 5* Dan Heng is looking to be.