Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Feedback: I thought anyone could *send* PMs, just not receive them without plat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Rust Martialis posted:

Feedback: I thought anyone could *send* PMs, just not receive them without plat?

I'm pretty sure that's not the case - I think access to PMs is all or nothing.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

expecting a feedback thread to operate in good faith while generalising the general discussion forum as biased bullies is setting it up to fail. (which it immediately did looking at the probes)

do you have literally any examples of what you're talking about? what are these failed SAD threads? you can easily link them.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

this is a bad probation because its on topic feedback to seth wrt to discussing mod related stuff

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Mekchu posted:

this is a bad probation

This has already been addressed, apparently:

Karma Comedian posted:

This is the post my post was referring to.

"You did XYZ in another forum" is interforums drama.

Eta: wow lmao let's :sweep: it up here fnln.

E2: anyway DW and I have PMd about this. I explained to them that it felt like they were bringing up a discussion we had said to stop, I apologized if I misread the context of their post, and I offered to ask an admin to rescind the 6r if requested.

Their response was that they didn't mind the probe, admitted it was a little between the pages, and to ask me to edit to let people know I misread the context and that we've spoken.

I genuinely hope that helps. If not, my PM's are open and so is my contact email for those without platinum.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

expecting a feedback thread to operate in good faith while generalising the general discussion forum as biased bullies is setting it up to fail. (which it immediately did looking at the probes)

do you have literally any examples of what you're talking about? what are these failed SAD threads? you can easily link them.

Mod Edit:

DW and I have PMd about this. I explained to them that it felt like they were bringing up a discussion we had said to stop, I apologized if I misread the context of their post, and I offered to ask an admin to rescind the 6r if requested.

Their response was that they didn't mind the probe, admitted it was a little between the pages, and to ask me to edit to let people know I misread the context and that we've spoken.

I genuinely hope that helps. If not, my PM's are open and so is my contact email for those without platinum. - KC

Karma Comedian posted:

Do not import interforum drama into this thread, goons

CaptainSarcastic posted:

The GBS Feedback Thread is really not the venue for discussing problems with SAD. I'm not sure what the proper venue for discussing problems with SAD would be, but this ain't it.

none of this is interforum drama.

the chain of events was the former gbs thread got closed, a thread in sad about the tarquinn thing got made, there was discussion about mod actions in gbs there but none of the gbs mods (afaik) were actually participating, seth opened this thread and i suggested mods from gbs go to sad and discuss what went on etc.. seth said no, he thinks sad isn't neutral place for discussion and referred to previous experiences, i asked for clarity, seth said he'd provide it (hopefully he won't forget), and dw69 was responding to that.

this all happened in this thread. again its not importing interforum drama lol

tl;dr, commut dw69's 6er like you guys did for that other person because this is more of a b.s. probe than that was

edit -

CaptainSarcastic posted:

This has already been addressed, apparently:

i didn't see the recent posts so that's why i missed this one but its still silly to have happened and shouldn't have in the first place.

edit 2 -

it's still a bad probe, hth

vvvv

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jul 18, 2023

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Mekchu posted:

none of this is interforum drama.

Nobody claimed that was.

Karma Comedian posted:

This is the post my post was referring to.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

no offense seth but you once ran into a thread to make some really weird accusations against another poster because they had an anime avatar thats probably why you got such a negative reputation in SAD lol
"You did XYZ in another forum" is interforums drama.

Eta: wow lmao let's :sweep: it up here fnln.

E2: anyway DW and I have PMd about this. I explained to them that it felt like they were bringing up a discussion we had said to stop, I apologized if I misread the context of their post, and I offered to ask an admin to rescind the 6r if requested.

I genuinely hope that helps. If not, my PM's are open and so is my contact email for those without platinum.

The "interforums drama" post has nothing to do with the probe. They are two separate actions referring to two separate posts. Hth.

Karma Comedian fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jul 18, 2023

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Real feedback: If the r word is considered a no-no then autist should be as well. I only ever see people use it as a slur substitute and/or if they're from 4chan. Not that I'm noticing some epidemic here, but something has to get this back on track.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

emSparkly posted:

Real feedback: If the r word is considered a no-no then autist should be as well. I only ever see people use it as a slur substitute and/or if they're from 4chan. Not that I'm noticing some epidemic here, but something has to get this back on track.

It is (barring context like someone speaking about their personal experience). I've dropped a fair number of probes for it in the past, but it seems like the usage has died down the last few months.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

CaptainSarcastic posted:

The GBS Feedback Thread is really not the venue for discussing problems with SAD. I'm not sure what the proper venue for discussing problems with SAD would be, but this ain't it.

I'm sure the admins would make an extremely good faith suggestion that you post about it in SAD.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what are some gbs threads people like that are under 50 pages long?

i like the cool sea creature thread.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
I like when the mods are like “hey what can we do to change or improve the place?” then they see the feedback and are like “lol no, don’t u get it being a mod is hard, u complain everywhere u go, anyway what’s ur feedbacks?” endlessly.

It seems super loving productive.

Chief McHeath fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jul 18, 2023

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
My biggest feedback was that mspaint/photoshop threads should come back in style.

Now there's a stickied mspaint thread.

Mission accomplished.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
My feedback is that we don't need feedback threads right now

They just create drama, they haven't been helpful

We could take a time out from them for a while

Creative content would be nice for GBS and we all know this and maybe in time it will increase

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Spinz posted:

Creative content would be nice for GBS and we all know this and maybe in time it will increase

but then where would the feedback go

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

politician standing at ground zero, pleading for less togetherness, that now is the time to stand apart and simmer independently

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

too much feedback lately. have to put the thread to nappy for a while. and everyone can think about what they've done

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

feed me

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

but then where would the feedback go

straight into the paper shredder instead of waiting for the feedback box to get full

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
https://youtu.be/E7SbmU1yFB4

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spinz posted:

burying your head in the sand won't resolve anything lol

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I'm very upset about what you just said. Now let's spend five pages arguing about it.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4035076

Pictures with any context is good and funny

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

I like the guy with a big hand thread

surc
Aug 17, 2004

People should also post good GBS threads in the SAD thread for threads forum-wide that are good imo https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3977241 let the healing begin and share the good stuff with the rest of the forums.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Nooner!!!!!!!! No!!!! Bad!!!!

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Toxic Mental posted:

Nooner!!!!!!!! No!!!! Bad!!!!

Yeah, that's exterior use only, you need the indoor stuff.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

:sweep:

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007
Here's my feedback to the mods: Stop treating Nooner like your pet. Your probes even convey this. "BAD NOONER" and all that litters his probe sheet. Even the recent ones act like he hasn't been doing the same poo poo for like 8 years. Give him real probes instead of slap on the wrists every time he blatantly and purposefully breaks the rules and tries to poo poo things up.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i don't think the idiot flamingo person is doing real harm with their posts and I doubt a month off would persuade them to not post things that get a reaction.

we have just gone through the whole "don't do pointless ramps against mild trolling" debate and it's not a different situation here just because the mods think this guy's on the good gbs side rather than the bad Outsider side on whatever weird red-string forums corkboard they have

I wonder what threads nooner likes

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Counter point. Nooner is a funny and good poster and I love him and the fourms wouldn't be the same if he was caged longer or banned

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
E: Humblebrag already said it

BAGS FLY AT NOON fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jul 18, 2023

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

i don't think the idiot flamingo person is doing real harm with their posts and I doubt a month off would persuade them to not post things that get a reaction.

we have just gone through the whole "don't do pointless ramps against mild trolling" debate and it's not a different situation here just because the mods think this guy's on the good gbs side rather than the bad Outsider side on whatever weird red-string forums corkboard they have

Iirc they used to ban nooner repeatedly and hed constantly rereg so clearly was well off enough to just treat it as a trole toll and not care. Or am i thinkong of nom epique

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Saalkin posted:

Counter point. Nooner is a funny and good poster and I love him and the fourms wouldn't be the same if he was caged longer or banned

Correct

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Kchama posted:

Here's my feedback to the mods: Stop treating Nooner like your pet. Your probes even convey this. "BAD NOONER" and all that litters his probe sheet. Even the recent ones act like he hasn't been doing the same poo poo for like 8 years. Give him real probes instead of slap on the wrists every time he blatantly and purposefully breaks the rules and tries to poo poo things up.

I'm also outraged.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

Constantly skirting lines especially in a feedback thread doesn't really help anything.
Feedback, more photoshop days. Mandated.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

this isn’t feedback, i apologize, just a moment of reflection

in the time nom epique has been probed for the audacity of sincerely asking a mod to update the op of a thread, we’ve had 3 full waves of sad vs gbs drama play out, lol

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

free o🅱️

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Wendigee posted:

I'm also outraged.

I'm not really outraged, it's just a bit of an pattern where 'lol so funny' people just get turned into forum pets and then they start going wild because nobody cares what they do.

Drone_Fragger posted:

Iirc they used to ban nooner repeatedly and hed constantly rereg so clearly was well off enough to just treat it as a trole toll and not care. Or am i thinkong of nom epique

Nah he's only been banned a few times. So I guess that'd be nom epique.

Honestly it was less that they weren't ramping and more that they were just treating him like him intentionally breaking the rules was like their cute dog who they had to mildly scold. See: Toxic's "BAD NOONER!!!!" post.

Kchama fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jul 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

K