Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

mafio fuckin bindretti folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Sunk Dunk posted:

Did we talk about this one already? Not like the teams would ever let it happen

https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/1681215439106453504

This isn't news the FIA has always been pushing for more teams since they get income from more entries and the impasse has always been the teams and FOM not wanting the pot of money diluted.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

MustardFacial posted:

I bought the Stagg on lightning deal during Prime days and while yes it does pour incredibly slowly, I find it lightyears better than the bonavita one I had before.

Ya it's definitely better than the average poo poo you're gonna buy off the shelf from Best Buy or something. I just got a cheap rear end Hario that doesn't even have the temperature control

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

tony quidtana posted:

This isn't news the FIA has always been pushing for more teams since they get income from more entries and the impasse has always been the teams and FOM not wanting the pot of money diluted.

Actually you aren’t news

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
I'm rolling with the Baratza Encore ESP grinder.

For single cups, Aeropress
For multiple cups, a frankenstein melita pourover into a chambered IKEA french press
For my morning treat, a latte with my Bambino Plus.

:coffeepal:

Fodder Cannon
Jan 12, 2008

I love to watch Fox News and then go club some baby seals
i'd like more teams but i hope fia and the teams keep stringing andretti along because it's funny

i don't really drink coffee at home but i have a stovetop coffee maker for my gf and a chemex for guests and a nespresso for me wanting something and being lazy. thinking about getting an aeropress since there's mostly single cups round here

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Fodder Cannon posted:

i'd like more teams but i hope fia and the teams keep stringing andretti along because it's funny

i don't really drink coffee at home but i have a stovetop coffee maker for my gf and a chemex for guests and a nespresso for me wanting something and being lazy. thinking about getting an aeropress since there's mostly single cups round here

I love mine. Would heartily recommend. Get the metal screen so you're not dealing with papers.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
I use:

Grinder: Baratza Maestro Plus Grinder I bought got in med school in like 2008
Kettle: Bonavita that has a broken thermometer but keeps heating stuff
Just me: Aeropress
Wife/Etc: Bonavita Connoisseur Drip machine

I keep on thinking of getting an espresso maker but know that I would never ever use it during the work week and it would really just be an excuse to spend money to fill the emptiness in my life.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Residency Evil posted:

I keep on thinking of getting an espresso maker but know that I would never ever use it during the work week and it would really just be an excuse to spend money to fill the emptiness in my life.

The 20 min commitment you have to make with an espresso machine is the exact reason why I don't get one. I buy golf poo poo to fill the bottomless void in my heart and soul.

Fodder Cannon
Jan 12, 2008

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I love mine. Would heartily recommend. Get the metal screen so you're not dealing with papers.

is that for the aero press? good to know ty, I usually drink tea in the morning but I want to know how to fit in lol

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
we drink red bull here

Fodder Cannon
Jan 12, 2008

MustardFacial posted:

The 20 min commitment you have to make with an espresso machine is the exact reason why I don't get one. I buy golf poo poo to fill the bottomless void in my heart and soul.

there’s a kitchen appliance shop i usually go to and they have such beautiful espresso machines that I feel bad every time I don’t spend $2k on one. i just know realistically I could get that quality for decades getting it on the way rather than at home and if I did I’d just spend all my time in the kitchen rather than among people

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Sunk Dunk posted:

we drink red bull here

Boiling hot Red Bull with a little bit of half and half

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I make coffee with a Bialetti and passione

Fodder Cannon
Jan 12, 2008

Sunk Dunk posted:

we drink red bull here

nurses and below love energy drinks but the idea of drinking soda in the morning is disgusting to me

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Fodder Cannon posted:

nurses and below

:hmmyes:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Fodder Cannon posted:

nurses and below love energy drinks but the idea of drinking soda in the morning is disgusting to me

nice class shaming rear end in a top hat

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

MustardFacial posted:

Flair Pro2/58 + Niche Zero + Bellman Steamer + kettle = lattes in 10 minutes.

For pour over I'm enjoying an Origami dripper but honestly can't tell a difference from my Hairo Switch/Kalita Wave.

90% of my non-espresso coffee is Moka Pot tho.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i have an aeropress and a chemex and they are both wonderful

Fodder Cannon
Jan 12, 2008

tony quidtana posted:

nice class shaming rear end in a top hat

:jerry:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Let'em all in. 28 entrants, 24 qualifiers. Bring back DNQ

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

I enjoy my 20 EUR Tassimo coffee machine and I can make a Milka drink with it too

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

ilmucche posted:

in theory I think this is okay but I think now that they're pulling the safety car every time theres like a weevil on track instead of just throwing a yellow flag its not practical.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

Sunk Dunk posted:

we drink red bull here

Fodder Cannon posted:

Ayo, gently caress ya'll!

Computer janitor checking in.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

ilmucche posted:

Poor Checo.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Personal Lucubrant posted:

Ayo, gently caress ya'll!

Computer janitor checking in.

I think they serve those in POW camps

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

tony quidtana posted:

in theory I think this is okay but I think now that they're pulling the safety car every time theres like a weevil on track instead of just throwing a yellow flag its not practical.

I hate that you're right about this because more entrants could possibly open the door to single car team weirdness too

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

tony quidtana posted:

Russell is always on the track

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

ilmucche posted:

I hate that you're right about this because more entrants could possibly open the door to single car team weirdness too

Don't get me wrong I'd love for them to do that but I just think you would have to change so much of the mindset of the sport that it ain't gonna happen.

Its really weird thinking about how the '83 season shaped so much of modern F1 by bringing pit stops into strategy and that only came about because of how open the rules were and its basically copied that ever since but in the shallowest most formulaic way possible. You'll never see some new dynamic to the sport come about like that ever again sadly.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I understand it can't go full can-am but it'd be cool to see a little more wild poo poo. On the other hand, outside of (cheating) red bull the cars seem pretty even this year

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Ya I'm not saying they should be able to go hog wild but I do think it's fairly stupid that you absolutely have to pit stop in a race.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

amenenema posted:

Flair Pro2/58 + Niche Zero + Bellman Steamer + kettle = lattes in 10 minutes.

That's great for the weekend but for the morning routine it's just not feasible

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

MustardFacial posted:

How the gently caress does it take 20 minutes to make a coffee with an espresso machine? I am going to time myself tomorrow but I think it’s around 5 minutes at most and I think around 2 minutes, this is with a Sage Barista Express so not a fully automatic machine.

Turn on, wait for light to stop flashing and grab some milk and lob it in a cup while doing that. Turn on steam wand and wait for steam, put in cup, water your rag, put in portafilter and get some grounds out of the machine, fluff it, tamper it, by now milk done. Pop in portafilter, pop cup under, get coffee. Clean up wand while doing that then clean up stuff for about 10 seconds. Enjoy coffee.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Starbucks posted:

How the gently caress does it take 20 minutes to make a coffee with an espresso machine? I am going to time myself tomorrow but I think it’s around 5 minutes at most and I think around 2 minutes, this is with a Sage Barista Express so not a fully automatic machine.

Turn on, wait for light to stop flashing and grab some milk and lob it in a cup while doing that. Turn on steam wand and wait for steam, put in cup, water your rag, put in portafilter and get some grounds out of the machine, fluff it, tamper it, by now milk done. Pop in portafilter, pop cup under, get coffee. Clean up wand while doing that then clean up stuff for about 10 seconds. Enjoy coffee.

If you're turning it on and pulling a shot right away, you're doing so with a stone cold grouphead. the 20 min figure I'm estimating is for the time to go from everything stone cold to both boiler and group head hot and all of the prep work done and ready to go. It's probably an overestimation (I don't have an espresso machine to try it on), but whatever the actual number is, I guarantee you I could have a pourover done in about 3-5 mins.

[edit] it also would vary depending on the machine you had.

asur
Dec 28, 2012

MustardFacial posted:

If you're turning it on and pulling a shot right away, you're doing so with a stone cold grouphead. the 20 min figure I'm estimating is for the time to go from everything stone cold to both boiler and group head hot and all of the prep work done and ready to go. It's probably an overestimation (I don't have an espresso machine to try it on), but whatever the actual number is, I guarantee you I could have a pourover done in about 3-5 mins.

[edit] it also would vary depending on the machine you had.

You leave the machine on so the grouphead is hot and ready to go.

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

Residency Evil posted:

Grinder: Baratza Maestro Plus Grinder I bought got in med school in like 2008

Baratza makes incredible grinders that are actually built to last. I've had my Encore for 11 years and I've only had to replace one part which Baratza sent to me for like 6 bucks. Pretty sure you could build one yourself if you really wanted just from the spare parts they offer.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

I internally judge the gently caress out of anyone who regularly drinks energy drinks, unless they're a child/teenager because their brain isn't properly formed yet.

I use a Knock Aergrind hand grinder and a La Pavoni Europiccola lever espresso machine, a very artisinal experience.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ilmucche posted:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

asur posted:

You leave the machine on so the grouphead is hot and ready to go.

If you're going to waste electricity like that then yeah you can pull a shot in about 10 seconds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

MustardFacial posted:

This is why I replaced the dogshit Nespresso machine in my office with a Breville Barista Touch. Quick and (mostly) efficient