Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Yeah but having extra points in Devouring Blaze on an amulet was a key part of getting enough extra crit damage on the Ice Spikes to amplify the damage even more

"uber lilith no longer gains immobilize when staggered" voila,

It's insane to balance the rest of your game against this particular interaction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

bio347 posted:

The random teleport was always kinda an intentional malus because the occy was very good. It's... maybe kinda in the same boat here?

Like, free teleport enchantment would likely be completely bonkers without SOME sort of drawback, because Raiment exists. But also it's not 2001 anymore, so maybe just let people have fun?

But letting people have fun doesn’t maximize engagement time and play time and those going up means more store sales.

Modern AAA game design isn’t about fun. It’s about threading the needle between “make your player hate the game so much they quit” and “make the player hate your game just enough so they don’t quit and spend lots of money”

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Shredder posted:

protip: none of this poo poo matters unless you are end-tier poopsocking

I just logged into my 62 barb and was doing level 75 poo poo no prob

This has to really be emphasized. Most of the game is easy as poo poo with any class. It's only the very tail end of the game where some classes suffer and most people never get there anyway

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

bio347 posted:

The random teleport was always kinda an intentional malus because the occy was very good. It's... maybe kinda in the same boat here?

Like, free teleport enchantment would likely be completely bonkers without SOME sort of drawback, because Raiment exists. But also it's not 2001 anymore, so maybe just let people have fun?

15 ranks of teleport is cool, but it doesn't have damage affixes and you lose an aspect. Hopefully there's room for it though because unlimited teleport is good. If the cd scales linearly like level 24 teleport shouldn't have a cd anyway so I don't see needing the dodge.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
For the record, i like the random tp. This game needs more whacky poo poo

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Sorc bad, so what

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
my stormclaw druid build seems to be still making GBS threads out damage but whatever defenses i've lost (probably the masochistic nerf) clearly has had an impact as I'm actually having to hit buttons to heal, and i have to think about when to mash buttons that make me unstoppable. I'm not doing 70+ tier nightmare dungeons yet or anything though.

build is still good but still boring. i should go back to lightning storm.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

flashman posted:

"uber lilith no longer gains immobilize when staggered" voila,

It's insane to balance the rest of your game against this particular interaction

they already did this for creeping death (separate % for stagger), so the intention here was absolutely to make t100 harder in addition to making uber lilith harder.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Collapsing Farts posted:

This has to really be emphasized. Most of the game is easy as poo poo with any class. It's only the very tail end of the game where some classes suffer and most people never get there anyway

yep. oh no I can't run nightmares 40 levels above me anymore while I watch netflix

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
So I went from doing T55 dungeons fine at level 86 to getting one shot in a T41 now. My damage is still good enough to do 57 but I instantly die if anything even looks at me funny.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Actually getting pretty Randy about using the oculus with a 0 second teleport cd mana problems are non existent you have 100 percent lucky hit on that poo poo and permanent DR added

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013
My 91 very much not optimized Bonespear Necro can still easily kill poo poo thats 15-20 levels higher while I am high as poo poo. So I have been pretty ok with the patch so far.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Has NM resource burn always been 16%? Also it seems to be triggering from melee attacks now.

Feels like poo poo

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Totbot posted:

My 91 very much not optimized Bonespear Necro can still easily kill poo poo thats 15-20 levels higher while I am high as poo poo. So I have been pretty ok with the patch so far.

Yeah boner necro still feels great

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Lister posted:

Maybe we can pool our money together to pay that necro a few pages back to clear it for us. As a range build rogue I never had enough damage to much of anything besides nuke other people in pvp.

for the amount of time i’ve put in getting the right gear + attempts, i could have leveled a necro to 92 and beaten her by now, but it’s the principle of it i guess. oh well

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
ahahaha AHAHAHAHAHA oh man those fuckin patch notes

throw sorc in the dumpster, that is amazing. lovely monkey's paw unique, major nerf to devouring blaze, and crit lightning damage took a hit so even my off-meta charged bolts build will be worse off. It's gotta be because sorc is the most popular class despite being the weakest at high level. The design is just hosed and this patch didn't do anything to even nudge it in the right direction. Sasuga, Blizzard-san.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

coelomate posted:

It's fun to rag on The Oculus from the patch notes, but the item itself is way more interesting when you see the other 4 modifiers it has:

Getting teleport to level 20+++ would give it nearly zero cooldown... right?

Lack of +dmg mods hurt it badly, but could be zoomy fun good times with your non-evade teleport while speedfarming. Maybe?

So the first five levels of teleport scale linearly -0.55s per level, this means it should be 0s cd without any cdr at level 20 (I'm not on my computer so I can't confirm if it stays linear, if not you might not get there with +19 and need the defensives on amulet as well.

Teleport has mad lucky hit and being able to spam it like this with the meteor enchant will take away the need for firebolt enchant (Esp with raiment) and you could also take frozen orb enchant to pump them out everywhere, blizzard rank 1 with the Dr in your own blizzard and the gem that will spend all your mana in orbs and I think we got something cooking here partner.

This is predicated on being able to get teleport cd low enough that it's spammable.

odinson
Mar 17, 2009

coelomate posted:

It's fun to rag on The Oculus from the patch notes, but the item itself is way more interesting when you see the other 4 modifiers it has:

Getting teleport to level 20+++ would give it nearly zero cooldown... right?

Lack of +dmg mods hurt it badly, but could be zoomy fun good times with your non-evade teleport while speedfarming. Maybe?

Maybe you get teleported and stuck in the ground lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjZUGMKCGow&t=47s

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Collapsing Farts posted:

what part of the game do you think the people who are talking about these aspects and ability changes are playing?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

harrygomm posted:

what part of the game do you think the people who are talking about these aspects and ability changes are playing?

Have not cracked 80+ yet but almost everyone mentions it's boring af because it's nothing but nightmare dungeon runs, so it's sort of a quit-while-you're-behind situation

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
lmao that was a great read, thanks everyone. Good to see blizzard doing the needful and enshittening this game into diablo immortal 2

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

odinson posted:

this happened to me 3~ times on launch day with regular teleport. cant tell if they broke it again or the issue was latency related.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Bone Spear won't go through waller walls any more either... And I'm doing maybe 40% less damage. All in all it's not unplayable but feels pretty lovely.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I need to get the rest of the shrines before the season starts.

I think I'm gonna start with a rogue. Just played necro from the start and it was just alright.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

They're going to fix resistances by reducing the amount of armor your gear gives you by 40%

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Teleport cooldown stops around 6 seconds.. Womp. Womp

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
Thread - Diablo IV season 1: Malignant Fart

(thank god for no more vuln stack)

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
they made the game better by reducing the amount of A in the ARPG with sweeping numbers reductions. mfers think they have some dark souls gameplay that we're missing out on or something

oh they're selling xp buffs with the battlepass?

lmfao

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

flashman posted:

That's too bad. Almost had a kind of interesting character concept there.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Rock Puncher posted:

The free and paid passes have the same xp buffs I believe.

But everything else they've done has been pretty moronic.

KajiTheMelonMan posted:

(thank god for no more vuln stack)

Huh? Vuln is still the stat you need on every piece of gear if you want to be doing top damage.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Name Change posted:

Have not cracked 80+ yet but almost everyone mentions it's boring af because it's nothing but nightmare dungeon runs, so it's sort of a quit-while-you're-behind situation

Yeah, the end game feels really half-baked and if you played it before the xp buff to nightmare dungeons it was very painful.

Now it's going to be worse because your chance of getting 1shot past a certain point skyrocketed. And with the mob xp nerfs, experience is probably pretty close to where it was before overall.

Remnant 2 comes out next week though so maybe that will be a good replacement for this season.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rock Puncher posted:

they made the game better by reducing the amount of A in the ARPG with sweeping numbers reductions. mfers think they have some dark souls gameplay that we're missing out on or something

lmfao

Only on the free pass. This is why people seem to think that these nerfs won’t really be an issue once the season starts. You get a bunch of power and experience buffs through the free pass.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Smoldering Ashes are earned from the Free Tiers, which can be spent on Season Blessings that provide you with a bonus to earning experience, Gold, or Obols depending on the Blessing you choose. The bonuses gained from Season Blessings only last until Season of the Malignant ends.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Name Change posted:

I petered out around 72-73. Running nightmare dungeons was indeed super boring once the rate of meaningful upgrades dropped like a rock.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

odinson posted:

working as intended.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Cinders seem to be dropping at about half the rate as pre-patch, a 20 minute helltide session netted me about 125. Seems much more of a reduction than just fixing whatever bug was causing extra cinders to drop from shamans?

e: confirmed bug, that's good but also lol it wasn't noticed in any kind of testing

Tirade fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jul 19, 2023

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Blizzard after the patch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loqYlYqtsmY&t=69s

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jul 19, 2023

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

flashman posted:

lol really?

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Pixelante posted:

Can someone link a really fun Druid leveling build to try for the season? I haven't experimented with them yet and have no sense at all what's powerful.

as others have said druid is kinda slow early on and your build is really dependent on which aspects you have drop. that's a double-edged sword because there are a bunch of different viable, fun druid builds but they're dependent on aspects. so you kinda grind along in WT1, it's not hard it's just not as fast as other classes.

that said my recommendations for druid leveling skills:

Storm Strike (basic) - gives you damage reduction and an easy way to proc Vulnerable (50%) and Immobile (15%) on hits
Landslide (core) - with the Terramote (Primal) option you get big guaranteed crits from inflicting Immobile with Storm Strike and Creeper active. landslide is a little tricky to aim I guess but it seems like it does the best damage of the core options at least without aspects.
Wolves and Creeper (companions) - wolf damage seems to really drop off closer to level 50 but they are alright early and importantly they will tank for you. Poison Creeper aoe does really good damage and also inflicts Immobile to charge up your Landslide crits.
Earthen Bulwark (defensive) - good barrier skill and you can spec to make yourself Unstoppable while it's active which is awesome. get out of CC free card, kinda.

ofc there's a lot of flexibility there but the basic idea is to charge Terramotes with Storm Strike and creeper active, then dunk big guaranteed crit Landslides on stuff. Storm Strike is your source of vuln though you could get ravens too if you wanted, whatevs. wolves help tank and Bulwark is an awesome defensive skill

it's not very flashy but it worked fine for me and I'll do something similar to the above on a new druid for season 1. the aspect that makes Landslide hit twice makes this build way stronger and if you get the trampleslide aspect it's easy to transition into that.

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jul 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Rock Puncher posted:

lmfao
No.