Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Devo posted:

loving hilarious that I have to open my phone to even check that Conquest event. This game has been out a year and still doesn't have more than a bare bones functional PC client.

a big reason I play this game is the iOS app runs natively on my M1 Mac.

this event, though, if I tap into it, leaves me no way of exiting beyond quitting the game entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm

Devo posted:

Mirage is going to be straight to series 4, so that might be a good week to skip and use tokens anyway. Unless you're still looking to pull Thanos that is.

That is good news, it's hard to keep up with what I should be happy or angry with in regards to the ever shifting card acquisition

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

cinnamon rollout posted:

That is good news, it's hard to keep up with what I should be happy or angry with in regards to the ever shifting card acquisition

Upcoming cards:

7/18 - Echo (Series 5)
7/25 - Legion (Series 4)
8/01 - Mirage (Series 4)
8/08 - Daken (Season Pass)
8/15 - Lady Deathstrike (Series 5) [lmao]
8/22 - X-23 (Series 5) [also Nebula and Silk. fantastic week if you aren't a season pass buyer]
8/29 - Silver Samurai (Series 5)
9/05 - Loki (Season Pass)

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

No idea if this works, but according to this Marvel Snap Zone tweet you can log in to the Conquest event via a regular browser here: https://www.marvelsnap.com/conquestfrenzy

https://twitter.com/MarvelSnapZone/status/1681227403119718400

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Given that we can't really reliably gather tokens anymore without spending money s4 and s5 cards are pretty much now effectively lumped together in the same pool, unless of course you're sitting on a stockpile of tokens which will eventually be gone unless you're spending money at which point it will all be lumped together for you too. Crazy how you look back and wish we could go back to series drops again

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

extremely curious what percentage of MAU is S3 complete, cause it seems like if you aren't, spotlight caches are good?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Fate Accomplice posted:

extremely curious what percentage of MAU is S3 complete, cause it seems like if you aren't, spotlight caches are good?
It's hard to evaluate good/bad because S3 drops never ever is so tied up with spotlight caches. If you hold S3 drops constant spotlight caches are good if S3 drops never happen again as the cost of spotlight caches they are god awful.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Surely they have to start dropping cards again in September. Some of these S4/S5 cards are downright ancient at this point. I think they said something about announcing 6 weeks in advance?

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
Any deck suggestions that use nimrod? Just a standard destroy?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Tom Smykowski posted:

Any deck suggestions that use nimrod? Just a standard destroy?

Pretty much just a destroy shell. I don't have an exact list pulled up but:

T4 - Shuri
T5 - Nimrod
T6 - 2 of Venom/Carnage/Deathlok or Destroyer

Bucky, Nova, Wolverine earlier etc. That's most of a deck right there anyway.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Nimrod badly wants to be dropped after Shuri.

Invisible Woman with a venom/carnage/deathlock behind her is a sneaky way to get more Nimrods on the board than your opponent is expecting.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Devo posted:

Surely they have to start dropping cards again in September. Some of these S4/S5 cards are downright ancient at this point. I think they said something about announcing 6 weeks in advance?

Zabu was released in January.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Sandwolf posted:

Zabu was released in January.

LMAO Zabu is still S4? Holy poo poo I was thinking more along the lines of Hit Monkey and Jeff.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Devo posted:

Upcoming cards:

7/18 - Echo (Series 5)
7/25 - Legion (Series 4)
8/01 - Mirage (Series 4)
8/08 - Daken (Season Pass)
8/15 - Lady Deathstrike (Series 5) [lmao]
8/22 - X-23 (Series 5) [also Nebula and Silk. fantastic week if you aren't a season pass buyer]
8/29 - Silver Samurai (Series 5)
9/05 - Loki (Season Pass)

I'm only missing 4 cards at the moment: Echo, Stegron, Howard, and Master Mold.

My plan is to not open any spotlight caches until X-23, and then wait again until the Loki season. Mobius is probably going to be excellent and Alioth, as datamined, seems broken as hell.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Fate Accomplice posted:

a big reason I play this game is the iOS app runs natively on my M1 Mac.

Wait, it does?!

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

uXs posted:

My plan is to not open any spotlight caches until X-23, and then wait again until the Loki season. Mobius is probably going to be excellent and Alioth, as datamined, seems broken as hell.

I want X-23 and the Silk variant, and then I'm going to see if I can snag all of the new cards in September because they look cool as hell. I'm not very enthused with the August offerings outside of X-23.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Devo posted:

Their last statement on series drops is that they are not doing them until further notice because they need enough cards for Spotlight Caches

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
I would have settled for either Iron Lad or Echo but instead I got Kang and Negasonic Teenage Warhead (which I already own). I will never financially emotionally recover from this

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Is it called second dinner because ben brode is a fat guy?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

icantfindaname posted:

He's a big guy, but I dunno if I'd call him fat.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Devo posted:

they ain't dropping squat. they don't even have enough cards to support the existing spotlight system, they're already doing repeats (knull).

if you want a s4 / s5 card at this point and it's not in the spotlights, gotta pin it in the shop and buy those tokens until you've got enough :smith:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Protip posted:

Feel like I got lucky on this spotlight cache as well with the mystery card. I didn't have Iron Lad or Kang, and the first cache I opened gave me Living Tribunal. While maybe not a great card right now, at least it was one I didn't have, and it meant I got 4 new cards out of this week's spotlights.

I've run into a few brutal Tribunal decks but they can be undone by a well placed Enchantress. If you don't have that, though, holy poo poo.. ramp Electro, Iron Man, Tribunal, Onslaught.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Last King posted:

they ain't dropping squat. they don't even have enough cards to support the existing spotlight system, they're already doing repeats (knull).

The fact that they're doing repeats actually makes me think they'll drop a few of the cards that haven't been featured. I could very well be wrong though.
NTW, Zabu, Stegron, and Snowguard are not featured in any of the datamined caches so I could see those dropping to S3. Hit Monkey and Howard aren't showing up either, so those might be dropping to S4 before they're featured.
Again, I'm probably completely wrong.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Devo posted:

The fact that they're doing repeats actually makes me think they'll drop a few of the cards that haven't been featured. I could very well be wrong though.
NTW, Zabu, Stegron, and Snowguard are not featured in any of the datamined caches so I could see those dropping to S3. Hit Monkey and Howard aren't showing up either, so those might be dropping to S4 before they're featured.
Again, I'm probably completely wrong.

I wouldn't be surprised if Howard stays 5 just to gently caress with the series 5 pool.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Stegron is in a $75 bundle this coming month, he’s not dropping. If any cards are dropped in August it’ll be the exact amounts that were introduced to S4/S5. So we got two of each this month, maybe they’ll lower two S4s to S3s. But you’re basically dumb if you put any money on that, because SD have been upfront that we get no advance communication and they will change their mind on a whim.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

$75 Stegron better be at least 5x value

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Devo posted:

$75 Stegron better be at least 5x value

It comes with a card back :)

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Are the 50 token drops what replaced the s3 complete 100 tokens boxes?

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Yep. Went from 200-400 + 100 to 100 + 50.

godogg
Dec 29, 2008
Everyone seems to be zeroing in on the same two preferred fixes: dupe protection and more gold and tokens. A real outside-the-box solution would be a sudden massive influx of new cards, like when Series 4 and 5 were first added at the end of 2022. Players can't complete their collections if you're adding content faster than they can snap it up. Of course that would never happen

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

godogg posted:

Everyone seems to be zeroing in on the same two preferred fixes: dupe protection and more gold and tokens. A real outside-the-box solution would be a sudden massive influx of new cards, like when Series 4 and 5 were first added at the end of 2022. Players can't complete their collections if you're adding content faster than they can snap it up. Of course that would never happen

I don't think they have the team size to do that.

I could be wrong.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Man they have trouble releasing one card a week without game breaking bugs, let alone try an influx of several cards at once

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

icantfindaname posted:

It's called Second Dinner because they're so loving greedy.

The Stegron bundle is absolute poo poo.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I wish I had enough gold to buy the bp bundle before it's gone and I'd even consider buying the namor bundle to get there but even that's not going to get me to the finish line with the gold spigot turned off so I'm just gonna buy nothing

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I wish I had enough gold to buy the bp bundle before it's gone and I'd even consider buying the namor bundle to get there but even that's not going to get me to the finish line with the gold spigot turned off so I'm just gonna buy nothing

If I grind maybe a little bit I could afford that bundle but that’s all my gold basically forevermore in exchange for one S5 card, so, I am going to not

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
The "boink" sound effect from Spider-Han only seems to work , at best, 1/3 of the time.

Unplayable garbage

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Don't worry guys, I kicked Trump's rear end in Conquest.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

It's called Second Dinner because they're so loving greedy.

The Stegron bundle is absolute poo poo.

gd that is a good line, i'm def. taking that one and using it wherever possible.

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

Last King posted:

gd that is a good line, i'm def. taking that one and using it wherever possible.

I dunno how easily you're gonna slide "the Stegron bundle is absolute poo poo" into casual conversation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I had a pretty good opponent username yesterday

Name: Thunder Delivery Guy
Title: Is Bringing the Thunder