Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I was really excited for Fu Xuan's original kit, I really liked the more damage focused aspect she had. As she lost that to be a better solo sustain I've lost a lot of interest in her, but I still find myself liking her personality and I've got Seele and SW as is so it feels wrong not to try and go for mono-quantum. But I dunno now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Tatsuta Age posted:

cute girls are more attractive than emo boys, op

:wrong:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Eimi posted:

I was really excited for Fu Xuan's original kit, I really liked the more damage focused aspect she had. As she lost that to be a better solo sustain I've lost a lot of interest in her, but I still find myself liking her personality and I've got Seele and SW as is so it feels wrong not to try and go for mono-quantum. But I dunno now.

I like her better this way because I don't want to have to bring 2 supports. Even if one's half-dps, that's still wasting half a slot.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Really all I'm hoping for at this point is that the inevitable Huntblazer is solid DPS and not Wind.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
Looks like the new SU path is the Qingque path, huh. :getin:

edit: Sorry, saw this in leaks, thought it's coming out in 1.2, apparently it's not.

facepalmolive fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jul 19, 2023

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I want a good destruction unit (hook isn't it)

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

facepalmolive posted:

Looks like the new SU path is the Qingque path, huh. :getin:

Oh drat there's a new SU path? Time to have some fun with my newly maxed out QQ (outside of eidolons).

...After the update finished downloading, at least.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

facepalmolive, that's really kind of funny to me that you haven't used Clara. I would love Clara.

With the sole exception of Quinque, I like low cost units. Gepard, SW, Luocha, E6 Serval all require very little in the way of skill points which means I rarely have to worry about not being able to use a skill when I need to. Even Sushang can just spam her basic until the enemy is broken and then she costs nothing. From what I understand of her kit, Clara is similar in that she does her job without a high sp investment.

I also prefer dual dps comps and debuffers over hyper carry comps. Not exactly optimal or the best, but it's what I find fun. I think Asta is the only Harmony character I actually enjoy and that's because of her break potential.

MoC 5 is still sitting at 2 stars for me. I was so focused on Kafka and the Deer that I haven't given it a rerun yet. I just got Serval to 70 today so Luocha is the only one still in the 60s. Tingyun doesn't count because she's not a long term investment for me. As for MoC 7, I couldn't even get past the first half with my Quinque and SW duo but I only tried it once so far.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 8 days!)

i have Bronya at lv1.
open harmony team slots are very very limited.

wish kekfa banner was first so i have more time to save up for blade

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jul 19, 2023

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
Every experience I've had with Clara was just frustrating. Her ult doesn't mitigate nearly enough, so when they all target her, she just folds and dies. In retrospect now I'd probably needed to invest more in her (traces as well as levels). She's too slow in MoC for me right now, having to wait for enemies to hit her. Maybe she'll get better in higher floors when all the enemies are mega cracked up and end up outspeeding your own units anyway.

I've seen a lot of Clara showcases and none of them matched with any of my experiences, which is sad because she sounded amazing on paper. I couldn't figure out a good team around her at the time (though now with Luocha + Yukong, it's a different world for her). I realized I didn't particularly enjoy her playstyle anyway, so I stopped trying to make her work.

Ibblebibble posted:

Oh drat there's a new SU path? Time to have some fun with my newly maxed out QQ (outside of eidolons).

...After the update finished downloading, at least.

Gah sorry, I was on the leaks subreddit. I thought it's coming out with the new patch, but apparently it's just some future thing.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Well that sucks.

I've got 0 complaints about Clara but that's mostly because I've hyperinvested in her. She was my only 5* for a long time (not including TB).

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Had to pony up some $$$ to get Blade but it also netted me his LC (in a single ten pull.) so I'm all set. Not going to be able to get Kafka if I lose her coinflip though, sad.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Getting some weird lag on entering battles and during certain characters' burst animations after the update, it's incredibly annoying.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fyi, going by the number crunching people have done, blade's best lightcones seem to be roughly

1: his personal one natch (unreachable side)
2: s5 secret vow (note: secret vow requires the target to have higher hp than you, so enemies who shield themselves and running a healer with blade can gently caress it up a lot, so its inconsistent)
3: s5 fall of an aeon
4: s5 mutual demise (the three star one)
5: s1 secret vow
6: s1 fall of an aeon

so unless you have aeon already maxed out you might wanna make sure you save 5 copies of demise if you're going for blade

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Decided to take a closer look at Moon-Drinker Dan's numbers and, yeah, geeze. Spoilers for people who want to avoid numbers on unreleased characters:

His fully-charged (and fully-leveled) basic attack (3 SP spent) has 7 hits dealing a total of 500% damage to the primary target and the final 4 hits also deal a total of 180% damage to adjacent targets. Those last 4 hits (including the splash hits) have a stacking +12% crit damage each to a max of 48%, and each hit of his attack has a stacking +14% damage buff up to a max of 84%. Both the crit and normal damage buffs last until the end of the turn, so they buff his ult (which "only" does 300% damage to the primary target and 140% to anything next to it) if you use it right afterward. He's also got 12% crit rate built in against imaginary-weak enemies.

Assuming each hit of his attack deals the same percentage of the overall damage, and ignoring crit for simplicity, his 3-SP attack actually deals just a hair over 710% damage to the primary target. For comparison's sake, Seele's Resurgence-buffed skill is 396% damage and Jing Yuan's 10-hit Lightning Lord is 700% if every bolt hits the same target.

Of course, that comes with the cost of needing 3 SP every turn, which means he's pretty restricted on which other characters you can put with him. The numbers on the lower-SP versions of his attack are much less impressive, so he really, really wants to have all 3 SP available every turn. There's a 2-SP discount every time you fire his ult, so you can still afford to bring someone like Tingyun who only needs one point every few turns.

And his eidolons are gross, but we don't chase 5* character eidolons. E1: the stacking damage buff stacks twice as fast and the cap increases by 4, raising his effective 3-SP attack damage to 900%. E2: His ult gives +1 SP discount and advances his turn forward 100%. E4: The crit damage bonus lasts until the end of his next turn, ie, permanent. E6: Whenever another character ults, ILDan gets +20% Imaginary damage pen for his 3-SP attack only, stacking 3 times, until end of his next turn.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Eimi posted:

i'm pulling for her anyway because she's cool

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Zurai posted:

And his eidolons are gross, but we don't chase 5* character eidolons. E1: the stacking damage buff stacks twice as fast and the cap increases by 4, raising his effective 3-SP attack damage to 900%. E2: His ult gives +1 SP discount and advances his turn forward 100%. E4: The crit damage bonus lasts until the end of his next turn, ie, permanent. E6: Whenever another character ults, ILDan gets +20% Imaginary damage pen for his 3-SP attack only, stacking 3 times, until end of his next turn.

Yeah his E2 is massive. Honestly while I'm definitely not going to pull for E2 right away, it's a big consideration for a potential long-term goal once I think I've got enough characters/LCs that I can start going tall instead of wide. Extra SP efficiency alone is huge but slapping a 100% Advance Forward on top of it is absolutely insane.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

sushibandit posted:

Getting some weird lag on entering battles and during certain characters' burst animations after the update, it's incredibly annoying.

Yeah, I noticed things seemed a bit laggier as well. It's not good!

Also in regards to Clara chat, my doing her character trial was my first time using her in combat, and my immediate thought was "I want to see a Kid Gohan/Piccolo mod for Clara/Svarog"

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Word of warning about the new gorilla mobs: DO NOT gently caress WITH THE MONKEY JESUS CHRIST

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

SU world 7 is definitely in, by the way. I just cleared 7-1. The boss is That loving Deer, of course.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

UHD posted:

i'm pulling for her anyway because she's cute

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

facepalmolive posted:

I've seen a lot of Clara showcases and none of them matched with any of my experiences, which is sad because she sounded amazing on paper. I couldn't figure out a good team around her at the time (though now with Luocha + Yukong, it's a different world for her). I realized I didn't particularly enjoy her playstyle anyway, so I stopped trying to make her work.

Not liking a characters play style can be a difficult thing to come to terms with, especially if everyone else tells you they're cracked. It took me several tries to realize that with Jing Yuan.

I think getting jades with this new patch is going to be simple for a while. I already have over 1,100 and I literally had 1 before the update. I'll be able to do a 10 pull in no time. Plus I was finally able to finish the loving museum! That 100 jades feels kind of small now.

I am wishing I had held off on the last Equilibrium. These new enemies are no joke.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i guessssss i can roll for blade

worst thing that happens is I get pity for kafka

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Zurai posted:

SU world 7 is definitely in, by the way. I just cleared 7-1. The boss is That loving Deer, of course.
I actually like the deer, but drat that was too close for comfort. Serves me right for trying to be a smartass and not take a healer or abundance.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

YOU CANT GET AWAY

TIME TO TWIRL

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Lost the 50/50 for Blade but got Bronya instead which... honestly that might be even better than winning the 50/50 for my account overall. And it means I'll have guarantee for Kafka. So really, more of a win than a loss.

Plus the Aurumaton have been what's been blocking me from MoC 10 and she's like perfect for dealing with their imprison shenanigans.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I lost the 50/50 to a Bronya dupe. lol.

I did get 3 more sushangs and another sampo though.

Bronya E1, Sampo E1, Sushang E4...I'll accept this.

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jul 19, 2023

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Bronya E1 and Welt are the standard chars I want the most. However my standard fates from hitting 65 surprised me, I got a super early Clara e2.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

70 is when the pity really starts kicking in, yeah? I think I'm at like 65/90 on Stellar.

Then again my first 5-star came at loving 84, so who knows.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

70 is when the pity really starts kicking in, yeah? I think I'm at like 65/90 on Stellar.

Then again my first 5-star came at loving 84, so who knows.

74 on character banner, 63 on weapon. Standard banner uses character banner pity. Going above 80 is super rare, you got really unlucky.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I'm so tempted to pull for Blade but I think I really should wait for his rerun

I can't even just try my luck with a few multis and use "building pity" as an excuse since I also want as many of Sampo and Luka's Eidolons as possible on Kafka's banner

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tagichatn posted:

I know people are jonesing for the mono quantum team but fu xuan and Lynx seem like overkill. I bet fu xuan can solo sustain no problem. We need a quantum harmony now.

Having hit trailblazer 65 recently I'm re-evaluating the viability of glass cannon teams entirely. More sustain more better.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Lost the 50/50 to Yanqing e1 which I'll take since I have Gepard and am working up Pela for Team Ice.

I kind of wanted Blade since I don't have Seele but I should probably hold out for Dan2, Jingliu, or a future hunt.

I'm excited for more story again, only played enough tonight to get down to the docks but the music and visuals have been great. The fights are bit tedious but I blame my own bad planning for weak characters at the moment.

Meowywitch posted:

YOU CANT GET AWAY

TIME TO TWIRL

I love so much that the new Himeko trial includes Herta so people can see how ridiculous the pair is on easy AE fights. Arlan died in round 2 of his trial for me lmao, everything focused him down despite March shielding herself.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Threw 30 pulls in, got the eidolons I wanted (plus an Arlan eidolon), built up some pity for the next one. All in all a good banner.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Eimi posted:

you got really unlucky.

I am so shocked to discover this. Devastated, really. /s (it's me, the one that the aeon of randomness arengee specifically despises)

Good to know where the breakpoints are though. Maybe I'll get lucky and scoop Bailu so I can do silly Kafka/Serval/Bailu/SW nonsense when Kafka comes home.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

I am so shocked to discover this. Devastated, really. /s (it's me, the one that the aeon of randomness arengee specifically despises)

Good to know where the breakpoints are though. Maybe I'll get lucky and scoop Bailu so I can do silly Kafka/Serval/Bailu/SW nonsense when Kafka comes home.

Like in Genshin, I have pulled 22 5*'s from the character banner. Of that, only one came home at above 80 rolls, Yelan at 81. My luck isn't even good, I'm in the bottom 40% luck wise.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Eimi posted:

Like in Genshin, I have pulled 22 5*'s from the character banner. Of that, only one came home at above 80 rolls, Yelan at 81. My luck isn't even good, I'm in the bottom 40% luck wise.

The salt in the wound with this knowledge is that it was a light cone.

Admittedly it was In The Name of the World, so like, a really good cone, but... yeah.

Edit: meaning, yes, my only two five stars are Gepard (newbie banner pity) and Silver Wolf. :v:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

The salt in the wound with this knowledge is that it was a light cone.

Admittedly it was In The Name of the World, so like, a really good cone, but... yeah.

Edit: meaning, yes, my only two five stars are Gepard (newbie banner pity) and Silver Wolf. :v:

Me but Clara instead of Gepard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

all the people in space china have significant life problems