Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

the bitcoin of weed posted:

what the hell this is a whole new york times article about 5 twee high schoolers forming a no phones club its just some brooklyn bullshit

I'd rather just read a Raytheon JP Morgan joint piece on how actually stoxk buybacks are critical to the success of the average American than this absolutely painful poo poo. This new wave of libs is going to make us wish we still had all the geriatric nepotism elementals.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Rather than worry about a random generation script that replaces script writers, worry about the poor quality of script writers that they can easily be replaced by a random number generator.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

This is a weird thing to do. Does the EU think they are independent?

Macron had smoke blown up his rear end by Obama now he thinks he’s actually Jupiter

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Mola Yam posted:

futurama seaon eight episode seven, airing in september, is literally titled "rage against the vaccine"

edit oh i guess that's where you got your prompt from huh

Thank you, Melllvar.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1681640277684142085?t=4OvPR5SnbKt4mxn2jlyvpw&s=19

Limp Bizkit school of economics

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

We're so good at economics we're already recovering from a recession that also totally didn't happen or is still currently happening

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

the bitcoin of weed posted:

what the hell this is a whole new york times article about 5 twee high schoolers forming a no phones club its just some brooklyn bullshit
Write what you know.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Spaced God posted:

We're so good at economics we're already recovering from a recession that also totally didn't happen or is still currently happening

our economy has achieved CHIM and is now able to experience many realities at once

this is wonderful news for number!

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Spaced God posted:

Isn’t that the magic of economists? Recessions are bad. But recovering from a recession is good. So just skip the bad part and go straight to the good part. It lets them get back to screaming “LoWeR ThE InTeReSt RaTe!!!!” Over and over.

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

inflation is still above target m, the fed must raise rates!!!

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Shel Silverstein economics

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/USDOL/status/1681662722478338049

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

affordable access to union jobs that will be crushed by the government on behalf of corporations. thabk you mr president

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Sisyphean economics

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Recovering from something that never happened?

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

affordable access to union jobs that will be crushed by the government on behalf of corporations. thabk you mr president

Are you sure this isn’t the corporations’s plan? Flood the marketplace with trained alternatives to the union workforce to depress wages or outright break the union.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

*Feel Good Inc outro laugh*

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Now I know y'all be lovin' this poo poo right here
The J-E-R-O-M-E is right here

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Nothus posted:

Recovering from something that never happened?

Still recovering from the last 10 recessions. Always recovering; never recovered.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

https://twitter.com/RealScreenGeek/status/1681309971320049665?t=JQfjlnqrjcmLFLc3VwxIkQ&s=19

Chairman Xi, you have the opportunity to do the funniest thing in the history of two separate countries.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
3rd largest LTL carrier in USA (Yellow)might strike and possibly go under soon. going to be a big loving deal.

I’m already taking them off customer planning because I don’t want what happened couple years ago with central freight and terminals just closing.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

sonatinas posted:

3rd largest LTL carrier in USA (Yellow)might strike and possibly go under soon. going to be a big loving deal.

good

Let's get some big freight strikes going

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

sonatinas posted:

I’m already taking them off customer planning because I don’t want what happened couple years ago with central freight and terminals just closing.

https://twitter.com/supertrucker/status/1681663798631907328

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

BLOOD

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I hope UPS, DHL, and FedEx all go under as well.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Mr Hootington posted:

This is a weird thing to do. Does the EU think they are independent?

the french are annoying and difficult hth

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

22,000 ltl drivers could go on strike by July 24? Sure, gently caress it, awesome. Hope the airline workers join

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/APFAunity/status/1681370037657927717?s=20

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Obama's going to have to stay on the phone almost constantly over the next couple of weeks.

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

sonatinas posted:

I read an article about how payments to truckers have collapsed and it is driving people out of the industry. Some company stooge referred to load payment minus fuel costs as “profit” collected by independent drivers. Not a word about eating or sleeping on the road, or even maintenance.

They are already pricing in autonomous maintenance-free trucks.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Biden will bring in the national guard to replace the flight attendants.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

FlapYoJacks posted:

I hope UPS, DHL, and FedEx all go under as well.

only after i get my stuff…

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

How many strikes is that now?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Crazypoops posted:

the gov tracks it
https://www.bls.gov/wsp/

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Crazypoops posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cW1CL5GCpM

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
Nominative determinism wins again.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

yeah i just poked at a few news articles. it looks like the us govt and a PE firm bailed them out and they havent touched the debt.t hey have 100mil in cash, owe 25 mil in pensions every month, and owe 1.2 billion dollars to the us govt and the PE firm combined

put a fork in them