Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

GigaPeon posted:

How does it work? Does each player get to make their own PC?

If they’re in the game at the very start, yes. Otherwise they just control whatever companions are in the party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Its also not a nested launcher thing, they're running directly through Steam. Just need a Battlenet account. Probably prep-work to put it all on Game Pass after the merger goes through

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

CBD Corndog posted:

Its also not a nested launcher thing, they're running directly through Steam. Just need a Battlenet account. Probably prep-work to put it all on Game Pass after the merger goes through

Gonna be real irritated to buy D2R again.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Avicus posted:

Before anything else, sniff that wonderful vent smell. It doesn't last forever.

Ty all for advice. Still haven't played a game yet! Left my Deck on overnight as it was importing games into Emudeck. This morning screen was off, fans were loud and had to do a restart. Still trying to load these old rear end games. Trying to do it manually now instead of importer. Vent smell is very nice.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

zimbomonkey posted:

You should use at least 15 hours before playing to break the system in by installing a bunch of scripts that don't work quite how you want. It helps you appreciate how good the OOTB experience really is!

Your journey into the fold isn't complete until you've reimaged your Deck once. You've moved into the higher echelon of Deckers if you've swapped out the SSD.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

Gonna be real irritated to buy D2R again.

If it skips/gets rid of the launcher entirely hell I might double dip

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

hmmm, I'll probably skip the biadlo4 expansion and just wait a few years for the goty edition to hit steam

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Good news, BattleBit will continue to work!

https://www.pcgamer.com/battlebit-remastered-wont-leave-steam-deck-players-behind-when-its-anti-cheat-update-arrives/

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
An indie company can do it but alas, :dice:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

More that the anticheat company is bending over backwards to add Linux support because all the pissed off deckies made the Battlebit people waver and consider using a different product. Increasingly can't get away with ignoring Linux anymore.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Has anyone here gotten Pokemon Infinite fusion to run on deck ?

Avicus
Aug 31, 2007
Gentleman Bastard
Grimey Drawer

Talorat posted:

Can I skip to shadow of war without playing shadows of Mordor first?

Yep, it does have a recap of the events of the first game at the start. SoW is very big though and felt a little overwhelming even after playing through SoM.

It's not the case of "the first game but better!"; SoM is short and polished (and weirdly has better graphics), whereas SoW cranks up all the dials and throws it into a massive ubisofty world.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

fit em all up in there posted:

What is this? A romhack?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lol did the thread title just update from my spicy deck debacle months ago?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

homeless snail posted:

More that the anticheat company is bending over backwards to add Linux support because all the pissed off deckies made the Battlebit people waver and consider using a different product. Increasingly can't get away with ignoring Linux anymore.

Finally, the year of Linux on the desktop, because I have sat the Steam Deck down on it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Every desktop is a Linux desktop now

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Yep works well

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

RBA Starblade posted:

Finally, the year of Linux on the desktop, because I have sat the Steam Deck down on it

The Deck makes me not give a gently caress about OSes for video games, and actively makes me wish I never had to use desktop mode. I really wish Windows wasn't the defacto standard for video games.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
They have done an incredible job consolizing the Linux PC gaming experience honestly.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Annath posted:

What is this? A romhack?

More than that. There's a thread for it, which should give you an idea if you'd like that sort of thing.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

More than that. There's a thread for it, which should give you an idea if you'd like that sort of thing.

is this where I go to ask what the most breedable pokemon is?

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
What’s yalls go to cozy Stardew likes that work well on the deck? I’ve been eyeing Travellers rest and see that its on sale, not sure it has the depth SDV has but that’s not a deal breaker, Coral Island looks decent and so does Sun Haven but Sun Haven looks kinda rough on the deck. Like the UI and controls aren't really optimized for Deck.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Disappointing Pie posted:

What’s yalls go to cozy Stardew likes that work well on the deck? I’ve been eyeing Travellers rest and see that its on sale, not sure it has the depth SDV has but that’s not a deal breaker, Coral Island looks decent and so does Sun Haven but Sun Haven looks kinda rough on the deck. Like the UI and controls aren't really optimized for Deck.

Dinkum works perfect on the deck. Animal Crossing + Stardew, built in controller support, cloud saves to go between PC and Deck, no issues with sleep mode so far.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Macichne Leainig posted:

They have done an incredible job consolizing the Linux PC gaming experience honestly.

I haven't hosed with any sort of pc gaming since 2007 so I really appreciate having it pretty much work as is 90% of the time.

I'm thankful that the other 10% is fairly easy for my smooth brain to understand, and thankfully there's a plethora of resources.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Did a full OS reinstall, gonna give it a few days to see what plugins I was using I actually miss. Gonna have me some stock Deck time.

homeless snail posted:

Every desktop is a Linux desktop now

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

njsykora posted:

Gonna have me some stock Deck time.

Please remind us what it's like. It's been so long.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

The funny thing is Microsoft makes more money off of Linux than it does Windows now (because of Azure)

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
this truly is the year of linux on the maternity pillow

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

90s Cringe Rock posted:

the year of linux on the maternity pillow

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Lol did the thread title just update from my spicy deck debacle months ago?

I was 3400 posts behind, but as I was catching up I laughed at it so hard I changed it :)

LeFishy
Jul 21, 2010
Does anyone in here have Assetto Corsa running on their deck right now today at this very moment?

I ask because literally none of the guides I've found on the internet that definitely honestly work definitely have had any success and I just want to drive cars around mountains dangit. So if somebody here has had success and can remember what they did to make it work I would be incredibly grateful.

Or any other suggestions for games that might let me drive fast in many many different cars and not take up half of the deck's storage (looking at you GTAV) then I'm all ears. I already have Beamng sort of running which gets close to scratching the itch.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Games Forum posted:

I was 3400 posts behind, but as I was catching up I laughed at it so hard I changed it :)

I love it lmao

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'm sure this has been posted elsewhere, like in the VS thread if there is one (I can't remember), but noclip just released their doc on Deck-favourite Vampire Survivors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQVdR8mJrds

It's 30 minutes, and I'm wondering if that length was intentional :thunk:

Anyway, I'm almost done it but so far, it's just as great as their other stuff. Man, I can't wait until the Switch port.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm sure this has been posted elsewhere, like in the VS thread if there is one (I can't remember), but noclip just released their doc on Deck-favourite Vampire Survivors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQVdR8mJrds

It's 30 minutes, and I'm wondering if that length was intentional :thunk:

Anyway, I'm almost done it but so far, it's just as great as their other stuff. Man, I can't wait until the Switch port.

It’s a really good watch but god drat dude needs a better microphone.

Miguel Prado
Nov 5, 2008

Don't worry, like they say " It's all good! "

Ace combat 7 is fantastic on the deck! A game I would probably never play on my desktop but on the couch with the deck it’s so good

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

It runs well and all the online features seem to work. Great choice of user-submitted controls. Add .exe to Steam and force proton 7.x in compatibility.

Recently the dev switched from a simple files.zip to a .bat/.sh script to install and update. Haven't updated since that came out.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Yeah works fine. The version I have (from some time in June) appears to run at 40fps. It worked much more smoothly when I set the refresh rate to 40 and set a cap of 40. Otherwise it felt a bit jittery. Things could have changed since June though.

For controls, just make sure you have something bound to Enter and Escape so you can navigate text prompts better.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olnzwPXPtVs

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Chiaki has been EZ on the deck forever and there’s an official windows remote play client for PS4/5 which has also existed forever this YouTube clown doesn’t know dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Do you even know Richard D Steamdeck? Do you............youtuber?