Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Thanks Ants posted:

I only drink Lewis Hamilton brand Monster

I will also drink The Doctor (VR46) Monster :italy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

MustardFacial posted:

Cite your sources. Show me where he says this.

Well well well, looks who's just randomly throwing out poo poo to see what sticks now kbmanlan 😎

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
His last post wasn't long enough to be a full Tony rant.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

MustardFacial posted:

Cite your sources. Show me where he says this.
Just keep getting wrecked
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8eYs2vxT-8&t=925s

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
This is not the unhinged rant I was promised. Mods pls ban Khablam.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

he's talking about the differences among the brewers he's fuckin reviewing, which are all automatic pourover machines

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

pictured: every method from v60 to mr coffee:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Hoffman has been pretty vocal that the fault with the automatic brewers is the water distribution and that's the advantage of the manual pour over. He's said that more than once lol

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

tony quidtana posted:

Hoffman has been pretty vocal that the fault with the automatic brewers is the water distribution and that's the advantage of the manual pour over. He's said that more than once lol

He also says it's because the first ~100mL of water they put into the coffee is cold.

karoshi
Nov 4, 2008

"Can somebody mspaint eyes on the steaming packages? TIA" yeah well fuck you too buddy, this is the best you're gonna get. Is this even "work-safe"? Let's find out!

Rinkles posted:

The telemetry required for that kind of comparison is publicly available?

Might've been recovered from the per-driver video feeds, triangulating the camera each frame.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

tony quidtana posted:

He's also said his daily coffee routine involves one of the brewers in this video (the Sage 3rd from the left) because the difference in any pour over machine / technique is immaterial unless you're doing it in a blind taste test where it's marginal at best.
Pour over coffee is fine. It's fine, it's just fine. No one should be caring one iota about whatever method you're using so if your method involved wanking into paper filters and going OOOOH this pour clock measures my pour time and I find 15.2596453 seconds per 100ml is optimal all you're doing is creating theatre for yourself.
If you want better coffee (better = more interesting, more unique) you want espresso. If you want good espresso, you're not getting it at home.

Which brings me back around to the simple logic of exchanging goddamn pocket change for a vastly superior product but unfortunately without the smugness.
Anyone who thinks they can make a comparative coffee at home is delusional.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9YhsDPz2I0&t=546s

Oh look you can watch a video where an award winning barista using a $400 machine tries to make better espresso than a first-time user of a $30k machine and loses.

Weird how that works

Am i citing enough sources? Have any of you had proper coffee ever?
Even if you're one of the nupoors trying to save money the cost of buying said coffee is mitigated by the fact the coffee you make at home isn't free and if you're buying comparative beans you still have a significant cost per cup.

Especially because half of that is lost in your dumb paper filters.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

do you have any friends

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

f1 is about loving premium european goods and brands

F1 is about 2nd racism and cheating OP

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

hi I'm James Hoffman and there's no difference between making coffee with a rechargeable makita brand brewer and making it with a moccamaster, go get em khablam

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

dude the video even says that the espresso was tied between the two

you're not just an idiot, you're wrong

f1thread.txt

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Might I suggest you all buy a Wanker Coffee reusable cup.

https://jimmyrees.bandtshirts.com.au/buy/jimmy-rees/11536-wanker-coffee-reusable-cup

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Has anyone tried running a chess-boxing type sport but you have to pull a killer macchiato while navigating a road course at full speed?

Fender
Oct 9, 2000
Mechanical Bunny Rabbits!
Dinosaur Gum

Khablam posted:

Oh look you can watch a video where an award winning barista using a $400 machine tries to make better espresso than a first-time user of a $30k machine and loses.

You didn't actually watch the video, did you? That is not how it turned out; the barista with the cheaper machine won. If you wanna quibble, their scores for the coffee portion tied and the barista won overall on the strength of her milk game.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Fender posted:

You didn't actually watch the video, did you? That is not how it turned out; the barista with the cheaper machine won. If you wanna quibble, their scores for the coffee portion tied and the barista won overall on the strength of her milk game.

Lmfao

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/formula1god/status/1681581688172978178?t=HCEYHhdTtMTMxuy8YZTT0A&s=19

Imagine the population control measures that could be enacted if everyone had to get pole first.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
shocking developments in the formula one thread

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

the way to tell its a race week is when the thread starts going super hard about cookware and coffee

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/formula1god/status/1681581688172978178?t=HCEYHhdTtMTMxuy8YZTT0A&s=19

Imagine the population control measures that could be enacted if everyone had to get pole first.

Pole first is usually how it works, in the vast majority of cases at least

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Fender posted:

Khlassic Khablam Khulture

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the milk machine posted:

shocking developments in the formula one thread

lol

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

dude the video even says that the espresso was tied between the two

you're not just an idiot, you're wrong
I did watch it. The scoring was biased. It's clear they prefer the proper espresso but score it the same anyway.
And even if you accept the scoring, it supports my point. You're not a skilled barista specifically trying to work around the limitations and still coming up with a 6/10 to match a doofus who press buttan.
You're the doofuas who push buttan want coffee and your """Affordable"""" solution is going to serve you bilge.

do you have any friends
Yeah I go and get good coffee with them and have a nice time and dont talk about paper ph and how my kettle can be set to 5 different temperatures I imagine makes a difference and bore them to death

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq0m3-LtdmE

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I'm smelling a Perez Podium people.

Also I am slowly realizing you lot aren't doing a bit, you actually do care this much about pans and coffee.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
The coffee contest is a Danny Ricardo in an AT analogy.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Fender posted:

Khablam only does strawmen and appeals to authority, research is for lower-class goons with aspirations to discourse.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Khablam posted:

I did watch it. The scoring was biased.

lmao

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
I dunno if those fancy coffee places would like me rocking up with just my boxers on at 7am mate, and for that - at home wins.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Zedd posted:

Please give me whatever you're on

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

tony quidtana posted:

Please give me whatever you're on

Clearly they're on a podium taking a sniff

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Imagine how much it would own if Are Dan got a podium this weekend

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Thanks Ants posted:

Imagine how much it would own if Are Dan got a podium this weekend

NOR
ALO
RIC

lock it in folks

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Khablam posted:

He's also said his daily coffee routine involves one of the brewers in this video (the Sage 3rd from the left) because the difference in any pour over machine / technique is immaterial unless you're doing it in a blind taste test where it's marginal at best.
Pour over coffee is fine. It's fine, it's just fine. No one should be caring one iota about whatever method you're using so if your method involved wanking into paper filters and going OOOOH this pour clock measures my pour time and I find 15.2596453 seconds per 100ml is optimal all you're doing is creating theatre for yourself.
If you want better coffee (better = more interesting, more unique) you want espresso. If you want good espresso, you're not getting it at home.

Which brings me back around to the simple logic of exchanging goddamn pocket change for a vastly superior product but unfortunately without the smugness.
Anyone who thinks they can make a comparative coffee at home is delusional.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9YhsDPz2I0&t=546s

Weird how that works

Am i citing enough sources? Have any of you had proper coffee ever?
Even if you're one of the nupoors trying to save money the cost of buying said coffee is mitigated by the fact the coffee you make at home isn't free and if you're buying comparative beans you still have a significant cost per cup.

Especially because half of that is lost in your dumb paper filters.

This is the unhinged ramblings of a pedantic braggart I came for. Keep going daddy :ck5:

Khablam posted:

The scoring was biased.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

do you have any friends

Search your heart, you already know the answer.

This dick head only gets hot and bothered yucking someone's yum.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Zedd posted:

does a perez podium smell like burned toast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
From what I can tell the Williams won’t be good in Hungary so I’m boycotting this race