Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Leraika posted:

If you want Kafka and don't think you'll have ~150 pulls saved by the time she drops, don't pull light cone.

I failed the 50/50 on Seele and have been saving jade and tickets for Kafka ever since. It's been a long tough road but we're almost there... i did break down and throw some jade at the regular warp just because i needed some currency for the shop to buy Tingyun, but I ended up getting her with said jade and so only did a few pulls on that even. My Natasha is E5 so I would like to pull for her as much as Blade too, but will just wait for the re-runs.

Not pulling on Silver Wolf was tough though, I actually did the calculations to see my odds as i have enough jade to get two characters even on the worst pity, but that means I'd be doing the coin toss on Kafka and can't risk it, I've only ever won the coin toss twice in Genshin. Kafka's a must have for me, The Trial is one of my favorite novels you see...

I'm way behind on the story, been playing since the first day but just finishing up side quests on Jarilo now and probably going to do the trial to be eq4 this week. I blew through Genshin in the first year and then ended up having nothing to do and forgetting about the game for a long time. Don't want to make the same mistake here, so I'm taking my time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Meowywitch posted:

wow ok that boss is definitely somebodys fetish

and also a difficulty spike

that rules

Yeah Phantylia and her break animation are a special treat from someone on that team to someone on that team.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

getting hit hard by bad rng on relic substats

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Clarste posted:

Incidentally, I'm still kinda pissed that they're following their Genshin precedent and turning Chinese stuff into Latin. Like, I can sort of see the logic in terms of "this sounds fancy and old fashioned" but also this is blatantly Space China and everyone has Chinese names I can't pronounce, so can't you just let it remain Chinese-flavored?

It's not even that fancy-sounding in the original Chinese IMO. I do think it's a bit of an odd translation choice.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
The new forgotten hall isn't loving around. Expected it to be like the first set and auto through it but the latter stages are 80+

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

The new story content was good but not mindblowing. I do agree it should probably just have been in there for release though, since there's clearly more to go involving Jingliu and Luocha. Remember that Tingyun and Luocha have voice lines talking about each other which is interesting given Luocha mentions having one final job to do and Tingyun was Phantylia all along, there's clearly more to it.

Having said that... Jarilo-VI is going to be the better arc of the two it looks like. The Luofu took a while to really grab me but Jarilo-VI grabbed me right from the start.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like all the stuff in Xianzhou that is about people there being semi-immortal. It's an interesting topic.

The space station is my favorite location, though.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'm withholding judgement on Xianzhou until we have the whole thing but I'm definitely docking points for its release schedule.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Dan Shu calling them "celestials" in this update made it suddenly hit me that the Xianzhou isn't just Space China, it's Taoist Heaven populated by ascended superhumans who have transcended both their own humanity and their earthly origins. Which should have been loving obvious since it's called the Xianzhou but forgive me I am dumb.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
heh, i already got that before, im smart B)

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
What's going on with the last stage of the new forgotten halls set? I think the top stage boss has more hp on its own that the entire moc 10 hp pool combined. Maybe JY is just bad here despite having a type advantage, infinitely respawning mobs kills his stand's single target dps.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

coldtaxi posted:

Yeah, it was kind of a trip to walk with Jing Yuan down Plot Dump Beach and still not really get any concrete answers for what exactly Cooler Dan's deal is.

Also, am I just spacing out, or did Kafka's Makima-Voice-of-Control thing kind of come out of nowhere? She gets alt-colored "listen" or whatever in her speech commanding a stop to the fighting and all three of Dan, Blade, and Yanqing are bound to obey somehow? Has she ever done that before?

Late to the party, but that's something she's been doing (and to you specifically) since the very very beginning of the game.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

I just want to know what's going on with her eyes. Between the scene at the divination commission and every other appearance of her, Kafka is running around with two different looking eyes.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

space contacts

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
just didn't have her makeup on boo

Kale
May 14, 2010

Gamerofthegame posted:

it wasn't bad but they sure blew their hype boss load on cordelia/wildfire huh

Depends on how much you buy into the vocal theme beat drop economy of hype. It seems to automatically pump most people up and earn instant approval but does little for me and I find it kind of cliche at this point. :shrug:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Main story done, got all the chests and tough enemies and trotters. Also got Yukong E2 thanks to FH. Just have Yukong's mission left.

Mark me down as another who's slightly disappointed. The big bosses are probably my least favorite part of the game and this entire update was nothing but Phantylia. Hopefully we get more before 1.3 or it's going to be a long 2 months.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Clarste posted:

Dan Shu calling them "celestials" in this update made it suddenly hit me that the Xianzhou isn't just Space China, it's Taoist Heaven populated by ascended superhumans who have transcended both their own humanity and their earthly origins. Which should have been loving obvious since it's called the Xianzhou but forgive me I am dumb.

I think one of the text lying around has a person going down to a planet and acting like the typical arrogant celestial in front of the peasants before getting arrested

Or something but that was when I made the connection

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Eimi posted:

It hurts more because while Jarillo wasn't as good as the best of Honkai it was the beginning and it was a HELL of a good beginning. I was there for every moment of that ride. It's just both parts of the Xianzhou arc that don't land. I don't know why when Jarillo was so good, but the contrast definitely makes them feel weaker.

For me it's the characters. I was way more invested in the people of Jarilo-VI, whereas the characters on the Luofu are insanely hit or miss, and they keep trying to emphasize the misses (Luocha, Jing Yuan).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbf jing yuan is insanely popular so, they clearly hit it out of the park for the average player. hes the kind of character thats always gonna be more popular in chinese/jp circles i feel like

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/dimbreath/status/1681961445477498881

yo fu xuan's animations are sick

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

edit: ^^ yo holy gently caress I want her even more now

Endorph posted:

tbf jing yuan is insanely popular so, they clearly hit it out of the park for the average player. hes the kind of character thats always gonna be more popular in chinese/jp circles i feel like

Yeah, all my takes are entirely self-focused. I don't even mean them meanly; if people like Blade or Luocha or JY, that's cool and I'm glad those characters are there for them. :shobon: They just don't really do much for me.

Luckily there are characters like Kafka and Fu Xuan that do have me excited. Something for everyone. :toot:

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jul 20, 2023

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

:suspense:

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Sooper Gila posted:

I failed the 50/50 on Seele and have been saving jade and tickets for Kafka ever since. It's been a long tough road but we're almost there... i did break down and throw some jade at the regular warp just because i needed some currency for the shop to buy Tingyun, but I ended up getting her with said jade and so only did a few pulls on that even. My Natasha is E5 so I would like to pull for her as much as Blade too, but will just wait for the re-runs.

Not pulling on Silver Wolf was tough though, I actually did the calculations to see my odds as i have enough jade to get two characters even on the worst pity, but that means I'd be doing the coin toss on Kafka and can't risk it, I've only ever won the coin toss twice in Genshin. Kafka's a must have for me, The Trial is one of my favorite novels you see...

I'm way behind on the story, been playing since the first day but just finishing up side quests on Jarilo now and probably going to do the trial to be eq4 this week. I blew through Genshin in the first year and then ended up having nothing to do and forgetting about the game for a long time. Don't want to make the same mistake here, so I'm taking my time.

wow

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I just learned how strong Luocha and Gepard are together. I can pretty much auto any SU stage now on every difficulty.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
After playing her companion mission, Yukong's just about my favourite character in the game now.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Kyrosiris posted:

For me it's the characters. I was way more invested in the people of Jarilo-VI, whereas the characters on the Luofu are insanely hit or miss, and they keep trying to emphasize the misses (Luocha, Jing Yuan).

True, they should have just made Qingque and Yukong the main characters.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Clarste posted:

Just put Hook and QQ in the same room and wait to see what happens imo

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

drat I'm glad that Lynx is on her banner too apparently.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

Clarste posted:

:hmmyes:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

someday they'll make us actually play mahjong in a qingque focus event

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Clarste posted:

Yeah they all talk like they're from a Xianxia too. It's great.

Me, a Xianxia fan: this is the best!!!!!

Xianxia is very popular with younger demographics in China so it makes sense that they went there.

Endorph posted:

The dream!!!! I love mahjong.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

Does the word robot have a different meaning for you or what

I see someone hasn't done the mission with the Unshackled :D

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Endorph posted:

pray for mahjong soul collab

Kale
May 14, 2010

They should add a Mahjong mode to the gamw where you can challenge characters to matchs like the TCG in Genshin.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I was gonna skip fu xuan but the latest buffs and Lynx being on the same banner is gonna kill me, unless Topaz is an extreme toxicity

(impossible, she uses warp pigs as attacks)

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

I like all the stuff in Xianzhou that is about people there being semi-immortal. It's an interesting topic.

The space station is my favorite location, though.

yea, its a good bit, but it just feels less impactful since its all separated in like 2-3 hour pieces overtime versus ice planet that got released all at once.
i know some people out there were complaining about 2 hours of content while waiting for 2 months, but I don't really mind. Like this should not be your main gaming content in your life. its not even a real mmo, or a sandbox game like Genshin.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Blade whale (if going for E2) get so much free crit.
15% crit from E2, 16% from new relic set, 8% from 2pc set, 11% from traces, and like 18% from his LC(just one copy too)~ from his LC is 68% crit out the bat

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I just pulled E4 Arlan! Who needs Blade? :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

finished the boss fight
Wasn't really sure what the Ravagers were, thought they were just a bunch of weird space pirates/terrorist group, didn't know they were led by a bunch of demigod avatars of various outer gods

sucks that the echo of war for this one still has the musketeer/break set as drops. wish this one would shift to the two new sets