Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

All of my algorithm advertising is about investments and finance, I'm assuming because Trashfuture is my comfort podcast and my app is selling my data to idiots. Which is hilarious as i'm broke as poo poo, I have nothing to invest.

Facebook however is determined to show me wall-to-wall Mr Fantastic from the fantastic 4 getting killed in the most violent and excessive ways possible. No idea how this started but it is definitely a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Haven't been on FB in years, sounds like it's taken a cue from the YouTube "Elsa fights Pregnant Spiderman" universe

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Batman The Automated Series

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I have temporarily fixed it by joining a disco elysium shitposting group, which has taken over my entire feed and I couldn't be happier.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Mine are mostly crypto (due to the tweets dunking on crypto mostly thanks to SA) and extremely pretentious t-shirts featuring a cat drinking coffee.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Facebook however is determined to show me wall-to-wall Mr Fantastic from the fantastic 4 getting killed in the most violent and excessive ways possible. No idea how this started but it is definitely a thing.

Same except they're mostly just Dr Doom saying stuff.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I have temporarily fixed it by joining a disco elysium shitposting group, which has taken over my entire feed and I couldn't be happier.

Fake news, there's no way Detective Sonic could pull off so many sweet jumps with those flare-cut trousers negatively impacting his Savoir Faire.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Mine are mostly crypto (due to the tweets dunking on crypto mostly thanks to SA) and extremely pretentious t-shirts featuring a cat drinking coffee.

I kinda love that cat. At first he was just saying the bowdlerised quote from Game of Thrones about drinking wine/coffee and knowing things. Then the quotes became increasingly abstract and stupid. At some point it will be dumb enough that I'll be forced to buy the shirt

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/UK_Polling/status/1682048815652544514

lol if Kid Starver has hosed it by being too tory.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Greens and Piss Diamonds doing a Ukip to Noo-Noo Labour might be the best chance of them bringing something less poo poo to the table next year.

:discourse:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Big lol if Keith doesn’t win any of these by elections.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/bylinetimes/status/1682060491525349376?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

Byline continuing their string of stories on Wootton being a gigacreep.

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

smellmycheese posted:

Big lol if Keith doesn’t win any of these by elections.

If they win, it’ll be proof their rightward shift is working. If they don’t win, it’ll mean they need to shift further right.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Looks like the EU are doing a 180 on the whole Falklands/Islas Malvinas thing

quote:

Mr Sunak's spokesman said the EU had now "clarified that their position on the Falklands has not changed".

"To be clear, the Falkland Islands are British, that was the choice of the islanders themselves," they said.

"The EU has rightly now clarified that their position on the Falklands has not changed after their regrettable choice of words.

Oh yeah "regrettable choice of words" that old chestnut.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The correct name for the islands is "The Conquest of the Desert was a Genocide" and Europe should use that name in all of their correspondence with Argentina.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Guavanaut posted:

The correct name for the islands is "The Conquest of the Desert was a Genocide" and Europe should use that name in all of their correspondence with Argentina.

Surely the proper name is "The Desperate Scraps of a Dead Empire."

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/ecomarxi/status/1682071801168379920?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

bessantj posted:

Surely the proper name is "The Desperate Scraps of a Dead Empire."
That's a good one that's true for whichever party is claiming it.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
:siren: UKMT Solidarity Fund Update, July 2023 :siren:

I am suffering from caffeine withdrawal due to a combination of a rotten tooth meaning I can't drink coke and no milk meaning I can't drink tea. As a result my brain is functioning poorly and I can't think of anything inspiring to say here. Erm... As always, thanks ever so much to our generous donors, it still feels good to be able to help people living on a budgetary knife-edge, and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity.

Also, apropos of nothing much, I would like to assure you that we will always allocate funds with due care and never, for example, commit to paying out more than we actually have on account.

Have some stats!

June Stats:

Monthly donations and payouts graph:

Quarterly version of the above:

UKMTSF Data Trends | Record of Activity | Constitution

If you are someone that is in need, please get in contact. This fund is here to help you with whatever comes your way. If something is causing you stress, pain, worry or physical distress, please get in contact with us. Please do not go hungry or without something because you are of the belief that your pain is not important enough. Feel free to contact any of the committee if you would like to discuss an issue. All matters are treated in complete confidence.

Donate:
Bank Transfer - PM IrvingWashington (aka Bill Drummond on Discord) for account details

Apply:
Application Form
Email Us
PM: AceClown, Fargle (discord only), Maugrim, The DPRK or Tsietisin.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
More like

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

All hail PM crackhead.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
UKMT, do any of you have any experience of living in a building with a practically permanently busted lift? My building management do send people out to fix it, which gives it a bit of life for a couple days before it breaks down again.

I've been doing some cursory reading around LOLER and it seems like these things have to undergo a "thorough inspection" every 6 months, or every time a fault is reported. I wonder if these are the most thorough inspections such a system can be subject to, or if there is an inspection even more thorough that might be able to ascertain the more fundamental problem this lift seems to have.

It might just be that it's a fuckin old lift and there's just nothing they can do beyond tearing the whole building down, but I'm wondering if perhaps the management aren't keeping a compliant log, or aren't sharing it with the engineers so they have no idea what the recurring issue is. I feel like it would be very unlikely that the engineers themselves are being shoddy about it.

Mostly I'd just like to know if I need to give up chasing the management a longer term fix or I should just have to live with reporting it every time I feel some fatigue coming on.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive

is this AI generated

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I for one welcome our new Slenderman, Rodent, Max Headroom PM

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Nuclear Spoon posted:

is this AI generated

Looks like poo poo so my guess is yes.

Edit : the image also sucks

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
At first I was 'that looks like an AI of 'if Lawerence Fox sobered up' and then realised, lol

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Nuclear Spoon posted:

is this AI generated

AI is getting really good but there are some giveaways in that image. A slightly gammy finger, something very odd going on with his suit below his crossed arms, and that flag looks a bit wrong but I'm less sure about that. If it turned out the background was a real image I wouldn't be totally surprised

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Microplastics posted:

AI is getting really good but there are some giveaways in that image. A slightly gammy finger, something very odd going on with his suit below his crossed arms, and that flag looks a bit wrong but I'm less sure about that. If it turned out the background was a real image I wouldn't be totally surprised

All of those things are true of real politicians, is the issue.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Nuclear Spoon posted:

UKMT, do any of you have any experience of living in a building with a practically permanently busted lift? My building management do send people out to fix it, which gives it a bit of life for a couple days before it breaks down again.

I've been doing some cursory reading around LOLER and it seems like these things have to undergo a "thorough inspection" every 6 months, or every time a fault is reported. I wonder if these are the most thorough inspections such a system can be subject to, or if there is an inspection even more thorough that might be able to ascertain the more fundamental problem this lift seems to have.

It might just be that it's a fuckin old lift and there's just nothing they can do beyond tearing the whole building down, but I'm wondering if perhaps the management aren't keeping a compliant log, or aren't sharing it with the engineers so they have no idea what the recurring issue is. I feel like it would be very unlikely that the engineers themselves are being shoddy about it.

Mostly I'd just like to know if I need to give up chasing the management a longer term fix or I should just have to live with reporting it every time I feel some fatigue coming on.

If you have the opportunity, could you speak to the actual engineers coming out? They might know more about it, both in the specifics and whether there is some obligation on the part of the building company.

Lifts shouldn't require demolition to function properly though, they're mechanical devices and can be repaired or replaced piecemeal.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jul 20, 2023

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Microplastics posted:

The red diagonal on the bottom left is too narrow and isn't offset from the centre.

It's also flying upside down.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive

OwlFancier posted:

If you have the opportunity, could you speak to the actual engineers coming out? They might know more about it, both in the specifics and whether there is some obligation on the part of the building company.

Lifts shouldn't require demolition to function properly though, they're mechanical devices and can be repaired or replaced piecemeal.

potentially but we don't tend to get informed of when they get sent round and i don't work from home

could potentially leave a note out asking them informing them of the situation i guess

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ah right ok, wasn't sure if you were regularly running into them.

Apparently "dangerous or unstable buildings" fall under the purview of the local council building control office, so if you have one of those you could potentially ring up and ask if they could advise on whether it's a legal issue.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jul 20, 2023

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah I've never had to deal with a lift issue but when my electricity meter/cutout board fell off of the wall "danger to life" was the key phrase that made people suddenly arrange to fix it for free.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lol, Lmao

https://twitter.com/taj_ali1/status/1682016789452976129?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/UK_Polling/status/1682048815652544514

lol if Kid Starver has hosed it by being too tory.

This just seems made up unfortunately.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

This just seems made up unfortunately.

of course it's fake, it's there to downplay the #LibDemFightBack

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
https://twitter.com/Davejackson9876/status/1682106318667104256?s=20

More unpleasantness ageism & ableism by "Hannah" can be seen on the thread below her tweet.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
The Labour right are a few snakes and a lot of worms, but if you ask any of them they'd all insist they're a snake.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Payndz posted:

The Labour right are a few snakes and a lot of worms, but if you ask any of them they'd all insist they're a snake.

Well, yes. They're fascists, and fascists are a bundle of sticks who all think they're the axe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
They're entitled, amoral careerists who see other people as tools for their own advancement. Think of the worst middle manager you've ever had. The ones even your bosses boss hated to be around. That's the entirety of the Labour right.