Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Super 7 are now showing off fully vac metal “toy colors” versions of Silverhawks, after all the time they spent swearing up and down that it’s not possible and that their weird cartoon versions are the only option. Gonna be a lot of angry customers who bought the first round, especially because the metal ones look amazing. Time will tell if they are as fragile as the old Kenner toys.

The Cats’ Lair playset is huge and looks amazing. I want it, but where the hell would I put it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I went for Benedikta, Jill, Clive/Torgal and Cid for now.

I don't need Hugo, and I haven't finished the game because vacation has interrupted it so I don't know if I like Dion and Barnabas enough yet to buy their figures.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
People in the UK are getting their Range Vipers and Big Ben.

Techno Viper is in the works, we might see him very soon. Supposedly something is packed with him. What that is, is unknown.

And finally:

It looks good, but I don't like the purple on the cannons.

Must be some dark energon tie in.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I kinda dig it, like scorch marks from their weird sci-fi ammo.

Got notified from Pulse that TF Dusty and Crimson Pythons are shipping soon.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Last Call posted:

People in the UK are getting their Range Vipers and Big Ben.

Techno Viper is in the works, we might see him very soon. Supposedly something is packed with him. What that is, is unknown.

And finally:

It looks good, but I don't like the purple on the cannons.

Must be some dark energon tie in.

This was the toy on the playground everyone wanted to play with back in the day.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Sanschel posted:

I kinda dig it, like scorch marks from their weird sci-fi ammo.

Got notified from Pulse that TF Dusty and Crimson Pythons are shipping soon.

I prefer a more typical dirty scorched/worn away look myself. The purple stands out way too much.

Vintersorg posted:

This was the toy on the playground everyone wanted to play with back in the day.

And armed to the teeth!

It fixed one issue had with the HISS, this has a ton of firepower.

The old model HISS with it's smaller cannons came off woefully ill armed for the size of the vehicle.

Probably why I liked the HISS II that looked like it meant business.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Aphrodite posted:

I don't need Hugo, and I haven't finished the game because vacation has interrupted it so I don't know if I like Dion and Barnabas enough yet to buy their figures.

I haven't started FF16 yet (finished TOTK and almost done with Triangle Strategy, and just started Ragnarok) but I bought Clive blind knowing I'll want at least the main character. I bet I'll want the rest later when they're more expensive.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/mattguzy/status/1682047803688910850?s=46

Range Trooper
Two Cobra Troopers.

https://twitter.com/MattGuzy/status/1682048962575089664

More shots of the HISS

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Evil Ryu already sold out. Welp.
Edit: in line to checkout!
Some items are no longer available. Your cart has been updated.

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jul 20, 2023

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Yeah, evil Ryu is a poo poo show. Looks like it's actually gone, but who knows... First time they've done something like this so I imagined there would be issues.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

Yep same here. Sold out in under a minute. Let me add to cart somehow but when I was in line for checkout, it got removed.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
drat, I am glad that was one I wasn't interested in. That bullshit is so frustrating.

Luchacabra
Jun 12, 2015

It's back up as a preorder! Ships in October.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Luchacabra posted:

It's back up as a preorder! Ships in October.

I got in on it. I was gonna get boo berry too but $10 a pop to ship is a no.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

Snacksmaniac posted:

I got in on it. I was gonna get boo berry too but $10 a pop to ship is a no.

Yeah holy poo poo. I was gonna order the SF cars, Boo Berry, and Evil Ryu but $10 each for shipping was too much. May just hold off.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Nice,l that they had the ryu pre-order ready to go. Must have anticipated the sellout... I can wait for Oct!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Evil Ryu isn't even technically on my wants list but the sign accessory is so good (also I'm weak)

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Torpedo is great. For such a simple figure, I think it might be one of my favorites now. I don't know what it is about it, it just looks amazing.

Copperhead is a welcome addition. He really looks like a thug. Again, another simple design, but it works.

Red Sonja. I am glad I have a Sonja figure, she will go great with Conan. She is overpriced for what she is. No doubt about it. LooseCollector needs to get these figures down to a minumum of 50 a pop, which I think is still too much.

CaptainN
Jul 28, 2004

Glad I live in the UK and will have zero chance to buy these at retail.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

CaptainN posted:

Glad I live in the UK and will have zero chance to buy these at retail.

If by retail you mean in store its that way where I live. I haven't seen anything beyond the Jitsu wave inside of a store. That's 2 Walmarts and 2 Targets here in convienent driving distance, all with the same old stock. The 3rd Walmart stopped selling MOTU all together.

If they aren't sold online where you are, that really sucks.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Joe Fisto posted:

If by retail you mean in store its that way where I live. I haven't seen anything beyond the Jitsu wave inside of a store. That's 2 Walmarts and 2 Targets here in convienent driving distance, all with the same old stock. The 3rd Walmart stopped selling MOTU all together.

Yeah, I don't know what arcane metrics the big box stores use to order things nowadays but mine seem to have mostly given up on a lot of different lines.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

More awesome Road Brawlers coming our way

https://twitter.com/toybroreviews/status/1681829667748159489?s=20

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, I don't know what arcane metrics the big box stores use to order things nowadays but mine seem to have mostly given up on a lot of different lines.

I get it, at least at these stores they aren't moving. They need to clearance all of them out and see if new stock will sell better or just abandon them. Same goes for black series, one Target has about a dozen Landos that obviously no one wants.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Hell yeah, these are all badass.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I’m all in on these even if they’re not in VS games.
Someone please make doll cammy.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Never forget in a GIJoe/Street Fighter crossover Jinx won the tournament by beating Bison.

She didn't just beat him, she scared the hell out of him by going full Satsui No Hado that evil Ryu and Akuma uses.

She also did a hadoken and dragon punch for good measure.

For those who want to see the HISS via video, here's Pix Dan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lH7KQtq5W4

Shows off features, lights etc.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jul 20, 2023

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Aphrodite posted:

yeah, I went for all of the ones you did plus Dion. Hugo is fine but not particularly a stellar design to me, and Barnabas I didn't like enough to get a figure of.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Why yes, I DO enjoy buying the same god drat figures every year with slight upgrades (X-Men '97 Legends).

https://marvelousnews.com/252-33530

Definitely all in on Wolverine and Magneto and maybe on Gambit. They all look great and I hope we get more since none of the figures sport the cel-shaded look.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Maybe it’s just my bad luck, but I have 3 delayed packages right now. Seems weird to have that many. 2 usps and 1 ups.

Anyone else seeing odd delays?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

The Last Call posted:

Never forget in a GIJoe/Street Fighter crossover Jinx won the tournament by beating Bison.

She didn't just beat him, she scared the hell out of him by going full Satsui No Hado that evil Ryu and Akuma uses.

:stare: :stare: :stare:

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Louisgod posted:

Why yes, I DO enjoy buying the same god drat figures every year with slight upgrades (X-Men '97 Legends).

https://marvelousnews.com/252-33530

Definitely all in on Wolverine and Magneto and maybe on Gambit. They all look great and I hope we get more since none of the figures sport the cel-shaded look.

I keep drinking that garbage (I’m gonna get all these even thought I just paid a fortune for a three pack magneto).
They need to do more vhs ones — also someone give me jubilee and Wolverine.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Looks like the last figure in the line is Bishop: https://marvelousnews.com/252-33531

Great lineup and character choices all around, glad folks will get to dip into figures they may have missed out on previously. I'm glad for a new Wolverine and Bishop as they're the two in my case with the darker yellows and clash with everybody else, and the Wolverine looks fantastic.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Superboy and Eradicator!

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1682377250891546626?s=46&t=2Vl5mZOAuXyv2LbW1v-6cQ

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Woop woop I got my order in for MOTU Motherboard. :woop:

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Does anyone know if Sideshow is reliable when it comes to limited pre-orders? As in: they'll only have 1,000 available. Or do they oversell and later cancel orders like some other retailers? I snagged one of the Spider-Man 2 Advanced Suits this morning and just want to know how confident I should feel about truly getting it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It always depends but with sideshow your can at least cancel when it’s about to ship unless they pull another quietly charge you bullshit like they did with spiderverse miles

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I don’t have any DC stuff but that eradicator might be a must get.
I don’t think Todd made a passable one yet.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

I don't believe that I'll send up wanting to cancel. I'm just hoping they don't say "well, we got 1,000 of them in stock but sold 1,250 pre-orders so you 250 folks just had your orders forcibly cancelled due to no fault of your own"

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Wow, not just Superboy and Eradicator but Riddler, Scarecrow, Daredevil, Tony’s stealth armour, comic Miguel, and AoA Logan and Cyclops…

..but still no Tim Drake? Come ON guys, we’ll all be dead at this rate.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
OHMIGOD, etc

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1682365539690086401

Give her to me. Now.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1682365933120094210

Steve’s alright but I prefer more modern looks for him, I always hated the pirate boots and dopey wings on his head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

thiccabod posted:

Does anyone know if Sideshow is reliable when it comes to limited pre-orders? As in: they'll only have 1,000 available. Or do they oversell and later cancel orders like some other retailers? I snagged one of the Spider-Man 2 Advanced Suits this morning and just want to know how confident I should feel about truly getting it.

Sideshow is the distributor itself, so the 1000 is their 1000. They don’t oversell, and they won’t get less than they say (since the 1000 is a fake number for artificial scarcity anyway, non-NA distributors get them too.) They’re the most reliable.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jul 21, 2023