Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

LiterallyATomato posted:

I despise kimchi but I will check out the chiles and canned goods. Thank you!

:sigh:

Have you considered you have just never had good kimchi, like the one with two "g"s?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

LiterallyATomato posted:

Guys on my second ever trip to Costco (my first trip was to get RX glasses) I bought:

Booze
A blender
Aluminum foil
Garbage bags
Vitamins
Toothpaste
Deodorant
Dried steak strips
Frozen blueberries

What things should I get on my next trip? I live alone 50% of the time, and with a small child the other 50% of the time, so I might not get through bulk perishables before they expire.

Vacuum sealer makes a lot of the bulk food viable for 1 or 1.5. Portion it out, seal, and freeze.

Buy a rotisserie chicken every run. 5 bux is a screaming deal.

The you bake it chicken enchiladas are great.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
The packs of chicken sausages in the open refrigerated section in the back are great and easy to freeze/thaw for an easy meal with veggies, pasta, whatever.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Chinatown posted:

The packs of chicken sausages in the open refrigerated section in the back are great and easy to freeze/thaw for an easy meal with veggies, pasta, whatever.

Yup this

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
I know its sacrilege but I don't like the 2 G's kimchi, tried it a few times to be sure it wasn't just a bad batch. Not sure why because I would house tubs of the stuff from my local H-Mart.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

david_a posted:

canned…mushrooms

Wtf

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

barf

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

honda whisperer posted:

Vacuum sealer makes a lot of the bulk food viable for 1 or 1.5. Portion it out, seal, and freeze.

Buy a rotisserie chicken every run. 5 bux is a screaming deal.

The you bake it chicken enchiladas are great.
I bought a vacuum sealer thinking this is what I would do but my freezer can’t fit the massive loving portions and I don’t have space for a chest freezer

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Vegetable posted:

I bought a vacuum sealer thinking this is what I would do but my freezer can’t fit the massive loving portions and I don’t have space for a chest freezer

I also have very limited freezer space.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Fake James posted:

I know its sacrilege but I don't like the 2 G's kimchi, tried it a few times to be sure it wasn't just a bad batch. Not sure why because I would house tubs of the stuff from my local H-Mart.

It kinda varies a lot. From my recollection the jongga stuff was a bit less seafoody than I've gotten from the H-mart. So if you liked the savory, funky seafood flavor then it may just not have enough of it.

Other dimension is how fermented (sour) it is.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Hit up the 'co on my way home from work, snagged a Motor City Pizza Co. Double Pepperoni Pizza 2-pack, some salsa, and a strawberry sundae for the road. Hot af out today, it really hit the spot.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

bizwank posted:

Motor City Pizza Co. Double Pepperoni Pizza 2-pack

thos pies are legit

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Canned mushrooms have their uses. They're especially handy to throw in as an addition to already prepared food, since they're basically already cooked. Throwing them into a Life Cuisine cauliflower pizza bowl thing was actually really good, now that I think about it.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

LiterallyATomato posted:

I despise kimchi

:yossame:

My wife loves that poo poo tho. Of course she has a bottle of double-g sitting in the fridge

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

LiterallyATomato posted:

I despise kimchi but I will check out the chiles and canned goods. Thank you!

mods?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Our kimchi (TOWTG) is like almost a year past the date in it and it's still :yum:

Also, hoody's peanut butter chocolate mix is literally like cocaine to me. I can't not eat it. Mini Reese's cups? Reese's pieces?! Yesssssssssssss

josh2112
Jul 25, 2007
Is that a meteor? That's a cool meteor.
Costco must be a great place to work for an angry person. The employees get to vent their frustrations on the customers and treat them as if they're herding cattle.

The lady at the returns desk yells "HAVE YOUR COSTCO CARD READY!" The guys at the exit yell "FORM TWO LINES!" The person manning the self-checkout yells and points at the next person in line as soon as a register is vacated.

I made the grave mistake of having my items to be returned in a grocery bag. As soon as I get up to the counter the lady yells "TAKE THEM OUT OF THE BAG" 3 times in rapid succession, with no break in between. Trying to smooth things over, I smile and say to her "I bet it must be frustrating working the returns desk". She barks back with "I'm not frustrated! Don't put that energy on me!"

Nobody says "hi". Nobody smiles. It's just a soul-draining experience every time I go in.

Not gonna stop me from getting my giant bag of whole-bean Colombian Supremo or the half-and-half that's a dollar cheaper than the same brand/size at the grocery store tho!

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

josh2112 posted:

Costco must be a great place to work for an angry person. The employees get to vent their frustrations on the customers and treat them as if they're herding cattle.

The lady at the returns desk yells "HAVE YOUR COSTCO CARD READY!" The guys at the exit yell "FORM TWO LINES!" The person manning the self-checkout yells and points at the next person in line as soon as a register is vacated.

I made the grave mistake of having my items to be returned in a grocery bag. As soon as I get up to the counter the lady yells "TAKE THEM OUT OF THE BAG" 3 times in rapid succession, with no break in between. Trying to smooth things over, I smile and say to her "I bet it must be frustrating working the returns desk". She barks back with "I'm not frustrated! Don't put that energy on me!"

Nobody says "hi". Nobody smiles. It's just a soul-draining experience every time I go in.

Not gonna stop me from getting my giant bag of whole-bean Colombian Supremo or the half-and-half that's a dollar cheaper than the same brand/size at the grocery store tho!

I think that has more to do with your location than Costco in general. The only hint of that I ever got from my location was when they started checking cards before the self-checkout and I think that was only because there isn't really a clear line and the checker has to run around a crowd of mixed shoppers and people waiting to checkout trying to figure out who needs to show a card.

Weembles fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jul 21, 2023

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
even if its about the best paid and longest tenured retail that exists, its still retail and peeps are stupid

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

josh2112 posted:

Sounds like New Jersey.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Yeah my church is mad chill all around

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
There's people at my area self check outs trying to check IDs but they don't hassle you if they are already busy with one person and walk past them. It's also likely that store management is freaking out over unauthorized card use and demanding they catch people trying to do it for places where people are shouting and being aggressive about it.

What's a good option for bulk breakfast at costco that isn't cereal? Microwave/toaster, or just eat as is. I've been eating the spicy ramen tonkatsu(gone now) as a quick breakfast at work, it's ~$2 a meal and even that is expensive by ramen standards but still cheap and filling, never realized how a hot soup is a great way to start the day. Years, years ago I'd buy poptarts but every brand other then strawberry was borderline inedible to me and last I looked costco only stocked like, brown sugar or smores variety.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
My wife has eaten the same Evol breakfast burritos nearly every morning for 5 years or more. We buy two boxes at a time and keep stock in the deep freezer just in case they're out or we don't have anything else we need. It's a standing item on our shared Costco list.

I like the little belvita biscuits, or Jimmy dean turkey and egg white muffins. Sometimes we splurge on the fresh burritos, or I'll get the egg bites.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
The only customer-directed “not chill” I’ve ever really experienced is food court related, but I’ve definitely witnessed desperation around executive memberships.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
Does the 'sco ever have fresh, pre-pattied burgs? I needed a bunch for a party and did not want to patty them myself but Costco didn't seem to carry them.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

What is a pre pattied burg? Isnt that just ground beef

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

What is a pre pattied burg? Isnt that just ground beef
They come pre-shaped and pre-seasoned

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

ah. I have learned something new today

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

They do have frozen patties but you'll have to add your own salt.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

StormDrain posted:

My wife has eaten the same Evol breakfast burritos nearly every morning for 5 years or more.

Respect for being able to do this and also got it just being ridiculously easy

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

welcome 2 Clown Town posted:

Does the 'sco ever have fresh, pre-pattied burgs? I needed a bunch for a party and did not want to patty them myself but Costco didn't seem to carry them.

just the insanely expensive ones in the cooler case next to the tritip roasts and similar.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

One near me has a brand called meat district that are decent. They are in the refrigerated section, not frozen.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I bought some once and they were like 80% lean. Just massive drippy fatty burgs

My co also has the Beyond Meat patties

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*

They sometimes have some pre-formed patties in the ground beef section at mine. But they're literally just ground beef in a burger shape with no seasoning.

Ledhed
Feb 13, 2006
Doesn't believe in the letter a
Seconding the Belvita biscuits, despite them looking like something a doctor has to prescribe to you.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

my costco got rid of beyond sausage packs and ive been devastated for like 6 months pray for me

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Ledhed posted:

Seconding the Belvita biscuits, despite them looking like something a doctor has to prescribe to you.

I wish they had the blueberry

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Partner and I visited Church this afternoon hoping to find "Reese's animal crackers" and King Arthur flour, both of which she saw at a Co in Chicago last week while visiting family. No such luck at our local church unfortunately. To make it worth the trip, I bought two more bottles of Kirkland vodka and a bottle of "cookie dough" whiskey, which should be...something I guess. I'm pretty sure I spend more on liquor at Costco than I do on anything else.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Slotducks posted:

my costco got rid of beyond sausage packs and ive been devastated for like 6 months pray for me

i really wanted to like the beyond stuff but it got so expensive so fast I'd rather then buy tofu and drown it in some kind of sauce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

there’s a crazy regional isp failure today, so i did the only sensible thing and said gently caress trying to work over a hotspot and went to costco

not a lot going on there today, but i am stoked that the witching season has apparently officially begun

e: also returned the four surfboards that mrs. fontaine bought awhile back as some kind of extreme couponing scheme and to my surprise it worked and we ended up saving a few hundred dollars on a big online order

TrashMammal fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jul 21, 2023