Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

drat they should've done a several minutes long video package before the match and leading up to the show to explain the story.

I think they should be doing dramatic in ring promos where they pull their hair and fake cry and yell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The_Rob posted:

I think they should be doing dramatic in ring promos where they pull their hair and fake cry and yell.

That's how you get the Emmys, baby!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
So someone started replying to me with the old "Vince is innocent" stuff all WWE fans believe, fine whatever, not really paying attention just quote tweeting him while I'm taking some photos on the ol' job. Someone replies to that guy with this and then I realize his handle is WWEStockholder and I've found a new Kurtz. Well, I guess an older Kurtz because this guy has been around a long time.

https://twitter.com/ShootNameJohnny/status/1682119168814972928

There were in fact his last tweets

https://twitter.com/wwestockholder/status/12988666516

https://twitter.com/wwestockholder/status/12821855588

Good for him.

But all of us true fans know this is false.

https://twitter.com/wwestockholder/status/1682119801097920515

https://twitter.com/VinceMcMahon/status/753035502484348932?lang=en

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jul 20, 2023

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mr. Stockholder, these are two separate if barely coherent ideas.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/AndrewTRich/status/1682179647474204673

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

MassRafTer posted:

So someone started replying to me with the old "Vince is innocent" stuff all WWE fans believe, fine whatever, not really paying attention just quote tweeting him while I'm taking some photos on the ol' job. Someone replies to that guy with this and then I realize his handle is WWEStockholder and I've found a new Kurtz. Well, I guess an older Kurtz because this guy has been around a long time.

https://twitter.com/ShootNameJohnny/status/1682119168814972928

There were in fact his last tweets

https://twitter.com/wwestockholder/status/12988666516

https://twitter.com/wwestockholder/status/12821855588

Good for him.

But all of us true fans know this is false.

https://twitter.com/wwestockholder/status/1682119801097920515

https://twitter.com/VinceMcMahon/status/753035502484348932?lang=en

The Raiders are in even more trouble than I thought

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Guess who didn’t like Blood and Guts :(

https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1682049395842326528?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
(Watching the thing I don't like for the 50th straight week) I can't believe it. They're still not doing things the way I think they should be done

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I feel like anyone with friends would understand why going to war with your friends is a compelling thing to watch.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

do you think he actually watched it or do you think he just read a bunch of takes about it and formulated his own take that he had to inflict upon his audience of like 3 people

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

boxcarhobo posted:

do you think he actually watched it or do you think he just read a bunch of takes about it and formulated his own take that he had to inflict upon his audience of like 3 people

He had it on, his tweets showed he was at least watching it. It was very funny when he didn't understand that Ibushi was going to come out in matching gear to Kenny because the guys were all dressed up like their buddies.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Doesn't Leslie also get upset when it's super violent death matches?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
"Wrestling should be about two men who want to beat each other to death but also it shouldn't be TOO violent"

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
He thinks wrestling should look like a real fight and not choreographed stunts which is fine but the line between two seems to be whether CM Punk is wrestling or not

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Seams posted:

He thinks wrestling should look like a real fight and not choreographed stunts which is fine but the line between two seems to be whether CM Punk is wrestling or not

CM Punk fights usually suffer from a glaring lack of realism (i.e. CM Punk winning the fight)

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The thing is, zero wrestling matches have ever achieved the standard of "looking like a real fight", so what people like Leslie actually want is wrestling that does not deviate from the storytelling conventions of 40+ years ago (or what they perceive to be the storytelling conventions of that era, at least)

It's funny to imagine that standard applied to basically any other medium. Trashing any movie that doesn't show the Hero's Journey over a traditional three-act structure, saying alt-comedians are all goofball hacks who don't understand it's supposed to be all about setups and punchlines

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If the Barbie movie has the insane opening weekend it is projected to have we will be without Leslie for awhile in this thread because he is going to be too busy being angry about The Barbie Movie to be angry about AEW.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Dawgstar posted:

strapping Leslie into the Clockwork Orange chair and turning on a montage of Jun Kasai matches

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

strapping Leslie into the Clockwork Orange chair and turning on a montage of Jun Kasai matches

Nick Gage vs Mox Domino's clip over and over :haw:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MassRafTer posted:

If the Barbie movie has the insane opening weekend it is projected to have

This will just be me seeing it six dozen times

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

MassRafTer posted:

If the Barbie movie has the insane opening weekend it is projected to have we will be without Leslie for awhile in this thread because he is going to be too busy being angry about The Barbie Movie to be angry about AEW.

Are there deathmatches in the Barbie movie?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Power Windows posted:

Actually, yes.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

hot-take artists start with the conclusion and reverse-engineer reality from there. stopping to consider what you actually believe is just wasted mental energy

xbilkis posted:

The thing is, zero wrestling matches have ever achieved the standard of "looking like a real fight", so what people like Leslie actually want is wrestling that does not deviate from the storytelling conventions of 40+ years ago (or what they perceive to be the storytelling conventions of that era, at least

there's a meltzer anecdote i think about a lot where he grew up in a multi-racial area and the white kids would always say lucha sucks because it looks so fake, but the mexican kids he knew would always say that american wrestling sucks because it looks so fake

little munchkin fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Jul 21, 2023

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They just want wrestlers to be 80s dads who got in from the night shift like 2 hours ago and they’re trying to sleep but goddamn kids keep making a racket and they’re coming down the hallway in their underwear to kick some rear end except the hallway leads to a curtain and now they’re on the way to the ring and the rear end they’re gonna kick belongs to an equally sleep deprived and grumpy dad.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Endless Arn Anderson mirror matches is what I’m saying

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

They just want wrestlers to be 80s dads who got in from the night shift like 2 hours ago and they’re trying to sleep but goddamn kids keep making a racket and they’re coming down the hallway in their underwear to kick some rear end except the hallway leads to a curtain and now they’re on the way to the ring and the rear end they’re gonna kick belongs to an equally sleep deprived and grumpy dad.

yup. also they want the athletes to be making surprised faces into the camera every time the other guy gets up. you see this all the time in boxing and mma

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Power Windows posted:

Jun Kasai swaps in for Ryan Gosling as a body double at times

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

History Comes Inside! posted:

ngl that sounds v. good for a match on the card, not for the entire thing

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ryan Gosling doing the Pearl Harbor drop would own so hard

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Margot Robbie getting more screentime than AEW's women division smh

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

little munchkin posted:

yup. also they want the athletes to be making surprised faces into the camera every time the other guy gets up. you see this all the time in boxing and mma

Also just like Boxing and MMA at least 80% of the show should be the fighters standing in the ring telling you what the storyline is and then the actual fights are like 30 second DQs

Quid
Jul 19, 2006
One of the things that stands out to me is how often an aew hater will talk about their experience at a live show. I consider myself a fan but buying a ticket is supporting aew more financially than I have. I think some people just like to complain.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Quid posted:

One of the things that stands out to me is how often an aew hater will talk about their experience at a live show. I consider myself a fan but buying a ticket is supporting aew more financially than I have. I think some people just like to complain.

Yeah, some of these AEW Discourse Havers have done a lot more to support the promotion than I have. There's one dude - one of the it was better in the 80's, outlaw mud show, blah blah blah - who goes to any nearby event and brings his kid along so he's buying at least two tickets while taking angled shots to show how few tickets were sold. I can barely give money to thinks I like.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Couldn't sleep, put on the preshow for the ROH show tonight...

Unfortunately I missed the chance to screencap the one where they declared the Bloodline storyline as better than all of cinema and deserving an Emmy and an Oscar.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Skios posted:

Unfortunately I missed the chance to screencap the one where they declared the Bloodline storyline as better than all of cinema and deserving an Emmy and an Oscar.

There's the sad part of these... people? Wasting their time to troll but the best part is that AEW and RoH live rent free on their heads and get mad because of that and it's actually funny.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

CrossFaceX wrote on 03.03.2023:
[0.0] "Tony Khan is the worst promoter in pro wrestling history, even worse than Vince McMahon. For Example, he didn't handle about CM Punk and The Elite incident properly and consequently he didn't fire Punk. Even Punk has all responsible about this incident, he didn't fire him because of ratings and mercahdise sales. What if Hunter or Vince do in this situation? Probably fire him without hesitation. Not only that, the AEW's ridiculous storylines, boring shows, people who don't get the opportunity, his blunders are countless. Tony Khan is responsible for all this AEW has become like this."

TheDeviantPro wrote on 06.10.2022:
[2.0] "Terrible booker. Dude can't book matches with a good build up without doing multiple rematches, countless inference or nonsensical booking. His booking of the women's division is just terrible. AEW's weekly rankings has become pointless nowadays as Tony just books number one contender matches, tournaments and battle royales instead rather then using a ranking system for that sole purpose. He's also shown not to a good boss with backstage fights and heat between talent seamlessly increasing on a weekly basic. He needs to stop being a mark and stop trying to be best friends with his talent and start being a actual boss that's not afraid to put his foot down. Anyone who gives Tony higher then a six is just kidding to themselves to thinking that Tony is a good boss or booker, when he's none of those things."

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Skios posted:

On twitter he's claiming it wasn't him, and a quick look through his tweets it seems like he doesn't care about AEW or ROH at all, other then claiming that "Real Wrestling" is coming on in 7 minutes or Monday Night, etc. But I could have missed something.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Yeah the YouTube chat people are all impersonators. Odd ducks.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
That's definitely not him, but he also in fact cares deeply about AEW, just not in a positive way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.