Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
the America AAA gacha, you love to see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
diablo 4 dev chat at 2pm et should provide some good content

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
thats ok i need to make space on my ssd for 150 gigs of baldurs gate anyway

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

turn off the TV posted:

i assume that blizzard's in game store also doesn't have any confirmations outside of buying the monopoly money itself

who knows, its super easy to avoid the store so idk even if they make you buy the in game currency first or just let you buy the pretty clothes directly.

this is mainly about the people who bought the extra expensive version of the game that came with 1 free battle pass but got mad that blizzard did nerfs so they're saving it for 3 months from now when and in the meanwhile they're just going play the game as if they hadn't already spent the money.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

they should have made a collectors edition of bg3 that came on 214 standard CDs

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Trabisnikof posted:

who knows, its super easy to avoid the store so idk even if they make you buy the in game currency first or just let you buy the pretty clothes directly.

this is mainly about the people who bought the extra expensive version of the game that came with 1 free battle pass but got mad that blizzard did nerfs so they're saving it for 3 months from now when and in the meanwhile they're just going play the game as if they hadn't already spent the money.

there is no way that they would allow you to make direct purchases since they wouldn't be able to do the thing where they sell packs of 600 funbucks but every cosmetic costs 450

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

gradenko_2000 posted:

like basically every poo poo feature in games except perhaps "open world design" has its roots in Blizzard coming up with it years before it hits the mainstream

Sorry but Oblivion invented DLC horse armor

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

BONGHITZ posted:

gotta do the hardest difficulty in single player games or you are not getting the full value out of the game

The value in my games is in me completing them usually. I have more game-hours in my library than I could spend I don't need it to take longer to finish!

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

gamers be like: "mmmmm slurp slurp I love drinking my slop give me more Diablo"

https://twitter.com/Rurikhan/status/1682187267425574914

yeah it's malicious design. what are you gonna do about it, bitch? stop playing?

hahaha paypigs deserve this

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

i beat d4 and the option to forever skip the campaign came up and my face went like :getin:
its so perverse how they make a terrible 30 hour game where you dont even seen half the mechanics to leveling a character at all and then are like yeah that was awful right lol have fun now.

oh ya for sure, now is when the game will stop being terrible

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

turn off the TV posted:

there is no way that they would allow you to make direct purchases since they wouldn't be able to do the thing where they sell packs of 600 funbucks but every cosmetic costs 450
600 vs. 450 is way too nice, since it means "just" having to buy 3 to get 4. Has to be some hosed-up ratio that's never quite right, ideally one where you get special offers that encourage you to not empty you funwallet.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

3 was so good that it will never stop being funny to me that they consider it to be a failure because they hired business consultants to design an in-game cash marketplace instead of hiring psychologists to make the thing into an overlay on a cash extraction scheme that goes straight to the lizard brain

Anybody who bought it deserves all of this and more, they were very honest about what they were putting out

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

I don't know how to tell you this but Diablo 2 invented the concept of seasons in gaming

Don't remember anything like that, was that a later addition? Haven't touched a Blizzard game since they redid the warcraft 3 plot in starcraft 2.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

genericnick posted:

Don't remember anything like that, was that a later addition? Haven't touched a Blizzard game since they redid the warcraft 3 plot in starcraft 2.

No, that was in the original release.

They would run the "ladder" for so many months, and people would race to level 99, then they would reset it.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Cup Runneth Over posted:

yeah it's malicious design. what are you gonna do about it, bitch? stop playing?

Lmao

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

free

fish

friday

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1682451731593166848

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I think all games should have a feature where if you lose to the same boss/puzzle/level/whatever 5x a little dialogue pops up that says "would you like us to beat this part for you" and saying yes you watch the AI do the correct actions for you while saying no sleeps the option for another 5 tries

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

also bring back Game Genie

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

indigi posted:

also bring back Game Genie

they killed game genie so they could sell cheat codes

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

indigi posted:

I think all games should have a feature where if you lose to the same boss/puzzle/level/whatever 5x a little dialogue pops up that says "would you like us to beat this part for you" and saying yes you watch the AI do the correct actions for you while saying no sleeps the option for another 5 tries

im imagining how mad souls gamers would get at this

from should def do it

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

ninja gaiden had a ninja dog mode that you could play on that would unlock if you died a bunch of times, and it would insult you through the whole playthrough if you chose it

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

indigi posted:

A lot of games have that pop up where it says "are you a dumb little bitch that sucks? Do you need to lower the difficulty but you're too stupid to do it yourself?"

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Lib and let die posted:

ninja gaiden had a ninja dog mode that you could play on that would unlock if you died a bunch of times, and it would insult you through the whole playthrough if you chose it

That seems appropriate. Or the mgs5 chicken hat

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Lib and let die posted:

they killed game genie so they could sell cheat codes

they don't even have those anymore though

Hatebag posted:

A lot of games have that pop up where it says "are you a dumb little bitch that sucks? Do you need to lower the difficulty but you're too stupid to do it yourself?"

not all games have difficulty settings. or if I’m playing a game with a lovely level check boss I might not want to go back and grind xp

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Oh Bg3 is on gog. Now I'll be able to play it for unspecified reasons.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

MonsieurChoc posted:

Oh Bg3 is on gog. Now I'll be able to play it for unspecified reasons.

:whitewater:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

dod gog still do the absolutely no drm just zip up the installer and email it to someone thing??

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Al! posted:

dod gog still do the absolutely no drm just zip up the installer and email it to someone thing??

More or less yeah

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Cup Runneth Over posted:

i've never once accidentally pressed that button fake video

also why wouldnt you want to activate your battle pass thats the whole point of having it

stupid streamer looking for clout

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Frog Act posted:

yeah we’ve entered a golden age of good price to content ratio in that regard. stuff like battlebits for multiplayer and thus up to thousands of hours and then countless games like Dave the Diver which seems likely to be a solid 40 hours and somehow manage to be both compelling, cheap, and lengthy. obviously the whole indie explosion has been happening for awhile but it feels qualitatively superior to what was around in 2016 or so

what really excites me is the prospect of Chinese companies entering the western market as giant conglomerates continue to gently caress everything up and kill off series like battlefield, every MMO ever, etc. there’s gonna be a gaming renaissance emanating from China in the near future

What are some Chinese game properties you consider great?

Also on an unrelated note Jagged Alliance 3 is so good. I desperately wish they did more of the old fake Internet stuff like what they did in 2 though.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 73 days!

Halser posted:

is it in a playable state? I heard about it but it was in a really early state.

installing it now but i probably wont get to it until tonight/tomorrow, ill let you know. honestly i expect anything stalker-related to be chockablock with bugs, just part of the experience. stalker gamma crashes if ur too successful lol

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 73 days!

evilmiera posted:

Also on an unrelated note Jagged Alliance 3 is so good. I desperately wish they did more of the old fake Internet stuff like what they did in 2 though.

dyson sphere program and amazing cultivation simulator off the top of my head are very good

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I feel so seen

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

evilmiera posted:

anti japan war online

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i signed up for the sega fishing thing but they wont email me the code until after august first lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

anglers must learn patience

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Hatebag posted:

I love getting those when I die in a lovely platforming section or some quick time bullshit that is completely unaffected by the difficulty.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

its absolutely top notch that they made the theme of season 1 "that game you just played a shitload, but with more grinding"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

nailed it