Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

I saw a big package of pokemon cards intended as a trick-or-treat gift today. Not sure if that's the best of ideas, lots of kids probably won't care enough about them. Maybe as an option: have some chocolate and if you want a pack go for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Slotducks posted:

my costco got rid of beyond sausage packs and ive been devastated for like 6 months pray for me

Huh I never saw the beyond meat sausages at my costco. Were they frozen? I never go by the meat area so IDK if they'd have been there.

They did have the field roast sausages a few times, which are more of a seitan sausage. The nice part of those is they're ready to eat so it'd make a decent sandwich/hotdog for a take along lunch to the zoo or something like that. But they're not really like sausage at all, it's very seitan-y

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

StormDrain posted:

Sounds like New Jersey.

I have never had anything other than a courteous interaction with a costco employee, even in the heart of gently caress-me NO gently caress YOU country.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Has anyone been to a business center recently? In the far off, pre-pandemic times of 2019 you could get some pretty nice brisket for stupid cheap, but before I schlep all the way to Hackensack I'd like to know if the price is still in the same ballpark.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Eeyo posted:

I saw a big package of pokemon cards intended as a trick-or-treat gift today. Not sure if that's the best of ideas, lots of kids probably won't care enough about them. Maybe as an option: have some chocolate and if you want a pack go for it.

nah they all would probably get hyped to do a "halloween bag reveal" on tik tok that includes pokemon card unboxing

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

RoastBeef posted:

Has anyone been to a business center recently? In the far off, pre-pandemic times of 2019 you could get some pretty nice brisket for stupid cheap, but before I schlep all the way to Hackensack I'd like to know if the price is still in the same ballpark.

I'll have to look tomorrow and see if the store has that, I got a small smoker and I have Meat Business to do.

Ledhed
Feb 13, 2006
Doesn't believe in the letter a

Armacham posted:

I wish they had the blueberry

My store in DFW had both Cinnamon AND Blueberry a couple of weeks ago, first time seeing Blueberry there ever.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Canned mushrooms have their uses. They're especially handy to throw in as an addition to already prepared food, since they're basically already cooked. Throwing them into a Life Cuisine cauliflower pizza bowl thing was actually really good, now that I think about it.

No it wasn’t

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Eeyo posted:

We got these last year and they were a huge hit. I probably won't do it again since they're probably mostly the same cards and mostly the same kids.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

RoastBeef posted:

Maybe for 5x the price? Everything is significantly more expensive since 2019, and beef is even higher

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

RoastBeef posted:

Zooming in on the price there i bought a brisket (not from the business center) and it was $75.00 for about the same ones as those.

So roughly 2x as much.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Wayne Knight posted:

We got these last year and they were a huge hit. I probably won't do it again since they're probably mostly the same cards and mostly the same kids.

now that you have their expectations up you could get a bunch of fake super rare cards off of aliexpress. the kids would be beyond stoked and at the same time you would crash the local market for trading those things and that is a social good right there

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

I’m going eat mushrooms straight out of a can to spite you

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

RoastBeef posted:

they had tomahawk ribeyes for 9.99/lb iirc at my local business center last time i went

Chinatown fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jul 21, 2023

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Is this the kimchi everyone is always talking about

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Dick Fontaine posted:

now that you have their expectations up you could get a bunch of fake super rare cards off of aliexpress. the kids would be beyond stoked and at the same time you would crash the local market for trading those things and that is a social good right there

Just the general idea of getting large amounts of counterfeit goods to give out on halloween is hilarious. Fake rolexes for all the 8 year olds!

bird with big dick posted:

that's the one with two Os

TOWTOs

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

bird with big dick posted:

sorry man, your costco hates you. probably has those surly cashiers and everything too

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I tried the mango smoothie and it tasted like way over ripe/fermenting mangos

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Armacham posted:

I wish they had the blueberry

They used to!

Ledhed posted:

Seconding the Belvita biscuits, despite them looking like something a doctor has to prescribe to you.

I refer to them as airplane snacks.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Hello.

I do not eat mango but my mango smoothie experience is that the last time I attended my local Costco the lady ahead of me got one, took one sip and immediately asked for her money back. Thank you.

Kinda disappointed in the samples last time. Frozen pizza was nice I guess. Got random sale stuff like Beyond Burgers and picked up a handle of the Canadian whiskey.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i dont take the samples

Ledhed
Feb 13, 2006

StormDrain posted:

I refer to them as airplane snacks.

You sure you’re not thinking of the Biscoff cookies? I’d never had them until finding them at Costco years ago and when I’d bring them up to people, they’d say “oh yeah, those are the airplane cookies”.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Ledhed posted:

You sure you’re not thinking of the Biscoff cookies? I’d never had them until finding them at Costco years ago and when I’d bring them up to people, they’d say “oh yeah, those are the airplane cookies”.

Those too! Also sometimes I get nature's bakery fig bars which are a good Costco snack and airplane cookie.

Ledhed
Feb 13, 2006
When I was still working in an office, I kept my desk full of those fig bars, as well as the madras lentils and the microwavable rice packs. And yeah the Biscoff cookies are one of my favorite things with coffee; recently they also had a box of oreo-style Biscoff sandwich cookies.

cracker
May 12, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Fig bars own and I haven't seen them my last few trips to Costco.

Is the onions being back some deep lore joke I'm unaware of or are people do hot dog onions really have a cult like following?

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

cracker posted:

Is the onions being back some deep lore joke I'm unaware of or are people do hot dog onions really have a cult like following?

Onions are not a joking matter my friend

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

it clap needs clap texture clap

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

cracker posted:

ban this user

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

cracker posted:

are you stupid or something

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

I have to yell at members constantly in food court and they loving hate it and i loving hate it but administration wants us to do it and they REALLY ride out rear end about it. :( I'm always yelling TWO LINES MEMBERS TWO LINES and then they come up at me and yell at me for yelling at them and it just sucks. it sucks so bad. they want us to put them in two lines even if its just me there. they would rather the lines be split and look "nice" and have me go back and forth between the lines than pretty much any other option. i hate it!!!!! deliver me from this hell!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Be faster so there's no line :smug:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
i need a new shower head

does co sell

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
Went to church last night. After checking out I was scoping out the food court condiments looking to see if my congregation had been blessed with onions again. Sadly, it was the same setup it has been (mustard, ketchup, relish). I admit, I was disappointed, frustrated... I felt doubt enter my heart. I kept walking, with my receipt dutifully in hand, preparing for the cart check sacrament. At the last food court table, right next to the car display, there was a happy man eating a hot dog and drink (w. refill). He had onions sprinkled on his dog. I smiled and nodded. He nodded back, obviously satisfied. My brief crisis of faith was resolved.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Onion ramekins are at the pickup counter in my location

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

DamnitGannet posted:

I have to yell at members constantly in food court and they loving hate it and i loving hate it but administration wants us to do it and they REALLY ride out rear end about it. :( I'm always yelling TWO LINES MEMBERS TWO LINES and then they come up at me and yell at me for yelling at them and it just sucks. it sucks so bad. they want us to put them in two lines even if its just me there. they would rather the lines be split and look "nice" and have me go back and forth between the lines than pretty much any other option. i hate it!!!!! deliver me from this hell!

Hah, that’s basically what I was talking about here:

Blue Moonlight posted:

The only customer-directed “not chill” I’ve ever really experienced is food court related…

It wasn’t even someone in the food court yelling, it was someone on his break in line with the rest of us, and the folks that moved to the second line gave him the dirtiest looks in the world when the food court cashier proceeded to ignore them.

I didn’t know it was some corporate edict - sorry you have to enforce that. If they want two lanes, they should be installing queue stanchions (that aren’t wide enough for carts :colbert:) or something, not relying on paint on the floor and yelling.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Alan Smithee posted:

i need a new shower head

does co sell

yes

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

i need a new shower head

does co sell

yes, if they have a good kohl or waterpik one, unless you live in CA where by law all showerheads have to be low flow.

The waterpik ones you should be able to just take it slightly apart and remove the water regulator, just a solid chunk of plastic, and then get the kind of spray that might actually hurt if your skin is sensitive.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

pentyne posted:

The waterpik ones you should be able to just take it slightly apart and remove the water regulator, just a solid chunk of plastic, and then get the kind of spray that might actually hurt if your skin is sensitive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMITcQUe-9M&t=67s

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Colorado news, the wart style liquor stores are all closing next month. All of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Umm you're coming home with me.

I'm gonna eat em all with the tag on it.