Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
got knives, have you seen 'em?
in your back's where we keep 'em
you're never gonna reach 'em
now that sounds fair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Recoome posted:

The whole knife thing is aimed at youth crime where kids can basically gently caress up their lives because they are carrying weapons and might actually use them. The Queensland trains also have 'em and also IIRC there have been more than a few cases of kids/young adults killing people and really adding barriers can help to reduce that.

no poo poo

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006
That's not a life, that's a silver spoon

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

hooman posted:

If only he was merely that poo poo. Rather than editorialise further, I will just quote him.

The city of perth gives 1 vote to each resident and 2 votes to each business. Resident votes do not outnumber business votes, it's not even close.

Edit: city of perth elections also usually only have like 30% turnout

Spookydonut fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jul 20, 2023

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Spookydonut posted:

The city of perth gives 1 vote to each resident and 2 votes to each business. Resident votes do not outnumber business votes, it's not even close.

I never realised Perth was so cyberpunk.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Spookydonut posted:

That’s absolutely hosed.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Recoome posted:

jesus what the gently caress is this

It's true. Under Victorian law, if three or more African youths gather together at any time, they are legally classified as a knife.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
6 or more and its technically a sabre

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
But what if you need a knife to run faster?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

birdstrike posted:

got knives, have you seen 'em?
in your back's where we keep 'em
you're never gonna reach 'em
now that sounds fair

oh, this is bound to be good.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
African gang violence is out of control, I know this because I saw a black person at Dandenong station one time

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

So what was the answer?

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

Comstar posted:

So what was the answer?

"A major factor to be considered when drawing up a will is what effect a legacy could have on a beneficiary. As you have learnt, a widow can lose her pension if all the money was left to her instead of being judiciously spread among family members.

Just keep in mind that the full pension for a single home owner is $28,000 a year and your portfolio is already giving you almost as much and will almost certainly grow. An aged pension appears out of the question but you would certainly qualify for a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card."

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Comstar posted:

So what was the answer?

Marry another part pensioner.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Buy a bigger house worth $600,000 more than your present one.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Comstar posted:

So what was the answer?

crypto

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Comstar posted:

So what was the answer?

Unfortunately it wasn't "get hosed"

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.
I was just going to respond to something said on this page, but apparently in my newborn-induced, sleep-deprived state I forgot to hit post on some previous comments... Oh well.

Mola Yam posted:

Covid's death toll was 7500% higher than influenza last year.

On track to be a smaller number this year, but still many times higher than the flu. Covid's not going to be in line with the flu for a long while.

But anyway, yes, the article says there are still 17 clinics, so honestly it probably does make sense to close a few.

Sucks if it's one close to you or your patients, though.

(A bit late, but I'm on newborn o'clock now and time has lost all meaning.)

hooman posted:

"Do you have stairs in your house, I want to throw your nan down them."

Oof :(

The Lord Bude posted:

They should ban Airbnb and the like. Short term accom is for motels and hotels and resorts.

I remember reading how advocates tackled it in New York and something they did was move away from calling it Airbnb or whatever other stupid startup name is in the same market, and instead call them "illegal hotels".

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Unfortunately it wasn't "get hosed"

Doubt this'll make anyone feel any better, but I am a glutton for punishment and was reading Money magazine and when some old git mailed in to complain he wasn't allowed to keep stuffing cash into his super to create a gigantic inheritance, the columnist responded with a (very polite) "get fukt".

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Eediot Jedi posted:

Marry another part pensioner.
I'm surprised it wasn't 'become a sex worker'.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
get them old tits out on onlyfans

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
onlynans

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Bargearse posted:

African gang violence is out of control, I know this because I saw a black person at Dandenong station one time

Did they have a knife?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

apologies to JBP, I guess I didn't realize what being a sparky actually meant

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

will rent this post for food

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

the one to the right of the nunchucks...is that a screwdriver?

e:f,b

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
You could buy enough knives to build a house made of knives. That's only if you're sharp enough.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Anidav posted:

You could buy enough knives to build a house made of knives. That's only if you're sharp enough.

Brick's basically a heavy baton, baton's a knife. House is already made of knives.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
part pensioner big naturals

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

DRINK ME posted:

I was kind of curious if the entire poster made sense because they are numbered 4 and 5.
It still doesn’t explain the batons and nunchucks, I guess they can make a case for Swiss Army knives but what about my fancy EDC multi-tool that has blades for all kind of tasks?

There's no excuse for carrying a knife... Except for having a lawful excuse for carrying one.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

competitive knifey spooney player

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

I remember years ago in a forgotten Auspol thread someone posted a question to Noel which was literally "My wife and I are retired and we have a little over a million in savings and an investment property in addition to the home we live in. How can we get by on our pension?"

This has the same wonderful energy. I am sure JBP has an excellent take on this financial matter.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
While we're on the topic of knives, my mum was convinced that you should never leave the dishwasher door open because she read somewhere that someone somewhere tripped over a dishwasher door and was impaled on a knife that was in the dishwasher and died.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
dishwashers are illegal knives in victoria

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

While we're on the topic of knives, my mum was convinced that you should never leave the dishwasher door open because she read somewhere that someone somewhere tripped over a dishwasher door and was impaled on a knife that was in the dishwasher and died.

I swear I read something along those lines in some ABC news clickbait bullshit recently. "Put knives blades down into the dishwasher so if somehow you fall or trip over the open door you don't do stabby stab as you go down"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

bee posted:

I swear I read something along those lines in some ABC news clickbait bullshit recently. "Put knives blades down into the dishwasher so if somehow you fall or trip over the open door you don't do stabby stab as you go down"

That just seems like pretty good advice in general? Dishwasher doors can be pretty ideal tripping hazards, and leaving the knives blade up means you might cut or stab yourself while putting other utensils in or taking them out.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Knives shouldn’t be in the dishwasher in the first place, you’ll ruin them.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

The Lord Bude posted:

Knives shouldn’t be in the dishwasher in the first place, you’ll ruin them.

This is the correct opinion

As for falling on the dishwasher drawer, I would think you'll probably do substantial damage to yourself whether the thing is loaded or not if you hit it square on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

bee posted:

This is also why Victorians keep their nunchaku flat to the surface instead of perpendicular.