Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Hide your kids hide your wife

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
We must secure the existence of gas boilers and a future for cis children

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Angepain posted:

We must secure the existence of gas boilers and a future for cis children

:lmao:

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Nothingtoseehere posted:

It's quite funny that there was definitely suspicion about Sadiq Khan being too melty during the Corbyn leadership and now he's seen as too left wing for Starmer.

I think Starmer and the homunculi in his inner circle are somewhat concerned that Khan could make a run at the leadership in the not-too-distant future.
Which is a lot more appealing an idea now than it was a few years ago, I'll be honest.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I thought the legend told it was supposed to be the king in the north?

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

kingturnip posted:

I think Starmer and the homunculi in his inner circle are somewhat concerned that Khan could make a run at the leadership in the not-too-distant future.
Which is a lot more appealing an idea now than it was a few years ago, I'll be honest.

He's about the only person who might have a chance at it that I don't despise at the moment, I think. Be nice to have someone who isn't a lily-white man as Labour leader for a change, too.

Don't suppose he's got a chance in hell these days though.

E: to be clear, my level of enthusiasm is 'I don't hate him, most of the time' which is a sharp contrast to Starmer

Unkempt fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Jul 22, 2023

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Unkempt posted:

E: to be clear, my level of enthusiasm is 'I don't hate him, most of the time' which is a sharp contrast to Starmer

That's because he's only in the news being attacked by Starmer or the Tories. He's melty as gently caress and I doubt he'd shake things up so realistically he'll probably be very close to Starmer one way or another if he becomes Labour leader.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
He might say 'children living in poverty is bad' which will put him far ahead of sir starver.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
https://fortune.com/2023/07/19/chatgpt-accuracy-stanford-study

Looks like ChatGPT versions might be getting worse not better at certain things:

quote:

High-profile A.I. chatbot ChatGPT performed worse on certain tasks in June than its March version, a Stanford University study found.

The study compared the performance of the chatbot, created by OpenAI, over several months at four “diverse” tasks: solving math problems, answering sensitive questions, generating software code, and visual reasoning.

Researchers found wild fluctuations—called drift—in the technology’s ability to perform certain tasks. The study looked at two versions of OpenAI’s technology over the time period: a version called GPT-3.5 and another known as GPT-4. The most notable results came from research into GPT-4’s ability to solve math problems. Over the course of the study researchers found that in March GPT-4 was able to correctly identify that the number 17077 is a prime number 97.6% of the times it was asked. But just three months later, its accuracy plummeted to a lowly 2.4%. Meanwhile, the GPT-3.5 model had virtually the opposite trajectory. The March version got the answer to the same question right just 7.4% of the time—while the June version was consistently right, answering correctly 86.8% of the time.

etc

Don't rely on it for your maths homework (or coding!) boys & girls!

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lmao

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

https://fortune.com/2023/07/19/chatgpt-accuracy-stanford-study

Looks like ChatGPT versions might be getting worse not better at certain things:

Don't rely on it for your maths homework (or coding!) boys & girls!

Yeah, I've had it doing SQL queries for me and it didn't know that if you have 2 join statements in the same query, they need to be bracketed. Silly Chat GPT.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I thought the legend told it was supposed to be the king in the north?

He doesn't seem all that interested.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Keith: Labour’s job is to have nice policies that no Tory could possibly object to

https://twitter.com/patrickkmaguire/status/1682680354455408640?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
lol, they're not even prepared to fight for the sainted Blair's most treasured policy:

https://twitter.com/iainjwatson/status/1682714636808798210?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

smellmycheese posted:

Keith: Labour’s job is to have nice policies that no Tory could possibly object to

https://twitter.com/patrickkmaguire/status/1682680354455408640?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Labour policies being on Tory leaflets before they’re even announced and backtracked on is much better

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

smellmycheese posted:

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1681424737384435713

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

smellmycheese posted:

They must never make the mistake of having identifiable policy ever again.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Look I know we're the opposition but we can't go around saying things that tories might oppose.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Jesus, he's such an absolute shameless arsehole.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
A holeless shamearse.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I thought they were taking their policies directly from Tory leaflets?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

An arseless shamehole?

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

big scary monsters posted:

I thought they were taking their policies directly from Tory leaflets?

Look, I didn't join Sir Keir Starmer's staff to do anything as mundane as read a leaflet. I was head of Labour Students at Durham, for Tony's sake.
I joined to do a mound of coke and get a bunch of free meals from lobbyists.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/HumanBollard/status/1682748439732400128

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Blasmeister posted:

They must never make the mistake of having identifiable policy ever again.

you should work with that pollster woman the labour party seem obsessed with

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I think its uncharacteristic of Starmer to support Arsenal. If asked what football team he supports he should reply "I will not be drawn into debates about football teams. The British public know that if I were to pick a side, it would be a good side, it would be a side that works for Great Britain, it would be a side that grows the economy and thats what I promise under the first term of a Labour government."

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Labour can't possibly make a policy decision. If they do that then there could be negative and positive reactions. If there are negative reactions well then Labour will lose votes and after all the entire point of politics is to get the most votes. If the policy garners a positive reaction then it will be come a negative reaction when Labour drop that policy to make sure they gain the votes of the people that had a negative reaction to the policy thus leading to more lost votes. Labour's manifesto must be as empty as the moral centre of its MPs.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1682415870981668864

:toot:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Lol he's absolutely going to destroy* your country in 20 years

(* Moreso)

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Failed Imagineer posted:

(* Moreso)

Optimistic to think we'll have a country in twenty years.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
They should do a count up of all the kids who said they were going to be Prime Minister one day - 99.99%* will fail in that ambition. Just now and then one might succeed. After all, it worked for William Hague..... NOT.

*completely made up %.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Gorn Myson posted:

I think its uncharacteristic of Starmer to support Arsenal. If asked what football team he supports he should reply "I will not be drawn into debates about football teams. The British public know that if I were to pick a side, it would be a good side, it would be a side that works for Great Britain, it would be a side that grows the economy and thats what I promise under the first term of a Labour government."
*2 months later* "Look, it's simply not economically viable for football to 'come home' as some unrealistic and frankly leftist voices are demanding. It's neither responsible nor is it sensible for that to happen, which is why I have walked out onto the pitch here at the semi final, punctured the ball with my swiss-army knife, and demanded the English team go home for their tea."

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Failed Imagineer posted:

(* Moreso)

Disagree. Being thrown into the sordid pit of Westminster will crush his fragile briefcase boy mind. He will be exposed in a scandal involving Pimlico prostitutes and buckets of cocaine within 5 years.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

I despise every oval office who allows this kind of petty toddler ambition to direct their life.
If your main ambition is to be Prime Minister, you will be incredibly poo poo at it.
Particularly, and this applies to Streeting's former lackey, if you've never actually had to engage with real life before going into politics.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

bessantj posted:

Labour can't possibly make a policy decision. If they do that then there could be negative and positive reactions. If there are negative reactions well then Labour will lose votes and after all the entire point of politics is to get the most votes. If the policy garners a positive reaction then it will be come a negative reaction when Labour drop that policy to make sure they gain the votes of the people that had a negative reaction to the policy thus leading to more lost votes. Labour's manifesto must be as empty as the moral centre of its MPs.

The tao of labour. The policy that can be named is not the true policy

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you see the policy on the leaflet, kill it.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

*2 months later* "Look, it's simply not economically viable for football to 'come home' as some unrealistic and frankly leftist voices are demanding. It's neither responsible nor is it sensible for that to happen, which is why I have walked out onto the pitch here at the semi final, punctured the ball with my swiss-army knife, and demanded the English team go home for their tea."

I welcome the government's decision to keep the football that is trying to come home on an old cruise ship, bit would urge the government to go further by removing the lines painted on the deck.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Just been reading about Nauru, as it’s been in the news because the Bitcoin fascists at FTX wanted to buy it, and - dear lord - if this isn’t a truly hearbreaking, miserable story about how colonialism and pure greed hosed up a perfectly lovely place

https://thereader.mitpress.mit.edu/dark-history-nauru/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
two whole weeks ago lol
https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1677238704962777090