Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the most forgettable character in mk is mavado, actually

What about leatherdaddy Tsu Hao?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Hsu Hao is at least notable for how much Ed Boon hates him

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
hey guys what's been going on in this thread

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
is mortal kombat actually good or is it just a developer traumatizing machine

it never seems like the games have that long of a public shelf life like street fighter or, like, marvel do, it always looks like it's a series whose games are hot poo poo for a little bit and make a shitload of money and then fade away from the public eye

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Frank Frank posted:

The pinnacle of this sort of bullshit was the one time I saw a twitter post where someone unironically said "eating Mexican food if you are not Mexican is cultural appropriation"

Also lmao

I cook a ton of Mexican food, like as a white guy it's probably 90% of my diet. I've definitely caught poo poo from white people for it.

Meanwhile my friend took me to his grandma's house to learn how to make corn tortillas and tamal. Turns out people really just do like when their culture and heritage are enjoyed and dgaf much past that.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The part that a lot of those dipshits overlook is that cultural appropriation is at the expense of the culture being appropriated from. Sharing culture is good and most people enjoy that and there is nothing wrong with it at all and I loving loathe how the discourse about this stuff has evolved online.

Flute guy is cool.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

it never seems like the games have that long of a public shelf life like street fighter or, like, marvel do, it always looks like it's a series whose games are hot poo poo for a little bit and make a shitload of money and then fade away from the public eye

the new mortal kombat looks fun at least. mk11 bored me to tears. some people really like them but they have dial a kombo and block buttons and lots of janky moves

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

MK needs to go back to uppercutting someone and 12 ribcages fly out. The epic ultra realistic gore poo poo is the most fail crap imaginable.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fajita Queen posted:

The part that a lot of those dipshits overlook is that cultural appropriation is at the expense of the culture being appropriated from. Sharing culture is good and most people enjoy that and there is nothing wrong with it at all and I loving loathe how the discourse about this stuff has evolved online.
its a secret machine to make it so white people never have to engage with other cultures but can still be woke

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

MK needs to go back to uppercutting someone and 12 ribcages fly out. The epic ultra realistic gore poo poo is the most fail crap imaginable.

this. x-rays also are crap, slowing down the game to show you supermarket brand saw scenes sucks

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
i hate when someone wades into a discussion of white british food being bad with "uhh actually indian-british food is good"

like clearly discussing the full english and its trashcan glory but yes repeat the more kebab shops than chippies line pls

they should be torn apart by goro (back on topik)

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
full english is great. no notes

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Endorph posted:

its a secret machine to make it so white people never have to engage with other cultures but can still be woke

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

pog boyfriend posted:

this. x-rays also are crap, slowing down the game to show you supermarket brand saw scenes sucks

“Shoves a railroad spike sideways through a guy’s skull and shows you their brain and skull getting destroyed in excruciating detail”

(Does 15% damage)

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Endorph posted:

i remember someone on tumblr posting a picture of a white lady and a japanese lady in kimonos at a cherry blossom festival in japan and it was captioned like 'finally getting to experience this with my best friend' and getting tons of death threats and essays about how obviously uncomfortable the japanese lady was until the op said 'im the japanese person in this photo you morons'

lmao, allies ftw

Cuttlefush posted:

also raiden was right to wear a sombrero in mexico

Raiden going "Adios, amigos" and the men calling him a freak

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
It's like how white people hear inuit throat singing and are like to eachother "this is sacred you can't do that" meanwhile Tanya Tagak is all like "it's a game to see who can make the most hosed up noises and whoever laughs loses"

Or at one of the universities my roommate went to. A faculty member was giving him grief for using Chinese instruments in his composition on accounts of concerns of appropriation. The commission was from China. They gave us all the instruments to loan and everything. I got to play the guzheng

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
people talking poo poo about allies but i don't see axis posting any better

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the hitlers, you see, are too calm to become involved

also i just got to the final bossfight in Lost Judgement and thought "hey, maybe i should use that Warrior's Onslaught extract i've had in my inventory for like 40 hours". it turns out that makes your strikes unblockable and do about a health bar's worth of damage per hit, so i just absolutely and instantly bodied the guy built up all game as a terrible threat

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPH0uUB6R7U

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
When its white people complaining about appropriation its 99% wanting to be visibly seen as a capital A Ally.

The rest of the online whining is often just reactionary bullshit from 2nd generation kids who aren't really connected to their mainland culture but want to wear it like a merit badge. Arguably there's some valid issues of culture and cultural pride but they just pick the worst targets to vent their aggression at.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Eating sushi makes you worse than Hitler

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Did Hitler have an ethical objection to eating Jews

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

think so. he spent a lot of time talking about untermunchin'

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

https://twitter.com/GaoRush/status/1624861600602636295

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

This album I got today is clearly cultural appropriation.

Also the inside has a giant poster of the creepy mouth burger.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Thank you for this I've been trying to find this tweet but no amount of "scarecrow combo youtube poop" would find it.

If you're wondering how Mortal Kombat is looking:

https://twitter.com/NamelessVer2/status/1677445042292551682

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

mycot posted:

Thank you for this I've been trying to find this tweet but no amount of "scarecrow combo youtube poop" would find it.

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mycot posted:

Lmao

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

i hate when someone wades into a discussion of white british food being bad with "uhh actually indian-british food is good"

like clearly discussing the full english and its trashcan glory but yes repeat the more kebab shops than chippies line pls

they should be torn apart by goro (back on topik)

Actually its good because you can easily get goons to get really racist about who and who isn't really british

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

any dish and any cuisine can be prepared well and tasty, goons are just enormous babies about things for no earthly reason.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Regarde Aduck posted:

Actually its good because you can easily get goons to get really racist about who and who isn't really british

The trick is to check the hands for the blood of the Irish to make the call.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Indian food in Britain is like Mexican food in the US

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

mycot posted:

lmao

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

oh?

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

full english is great. no notes
I dunno if you’ve seen it already, but Final Table on Netflix has an episode where Michelin-rated chefs from all over the world put their own fine-dining spin on the full English

It’s hilarious how much they overthink it

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

An imperial acquisition

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

An imperial acquisition

when you definitely know history

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

oh, so its good then?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dongicus posted:

oh, so its good then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’m an imperial acquisition Greg. Can you eat me?