Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I feel like having strong hallucinogenics on a long space flight is probably a bad idea?

4th of July weekend! Rules are loosened!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

redshirt posted:

Protein is protein!

You keep saying that and that's why I've been rerouting the methane off the greywater recyclers!

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Jenkem if you got 'em

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Xlorp posted:

Jenkem if you got 'em

Xlorp sounds like an alien and jenkem use is illegal in the stimpire so gi' us the feckin gun.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Howard Beale posted:

You keep saying that and that's why I've been rerouting the methane off the greywater recyclers!

You think we don't notice???

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I feel like having strong hallucinogenics on a long space flight is probably a bad idea?

This loser hasn't done a spacewalk... whilst high

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Blue Footed Booby posted:

So what I'm hearing is that the moons of Jupiter are inhabited by bear women. :riker:
Just that one. Ganymede is inhabited by a young man that Zeus abducted and brought up to Mt Olympus to be his cup bearer. He is also personified in the constellation Aquarius.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Callisto will be the Saudi Arabia of the solar system! For whomever can claim it.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Can't manually exit the airlock without a spacesuit. Who designed this piece of poo poo?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Is there any sort of homesteading legislation in place for anyone who may want to stay on Callisto?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Is there any sort of homesteading legislation in place for anyone who may want to stay on Callisto?

I'm glad you asked! There is a robust working population on Callisto, but few long term residents due to gravity issues. Most workers live in spinning habitats in orbit, and travel up/down to the surface either via space elevator or ship.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

redshirt posted:

I'm glad you asked! There is a robust working population on Callisto, but few long term residents due to gravity issues. Most workers live in spinning habitats in orbit, and travel up/down to the surface either via space elevator or ship.

I’m very short so I think low gravity would suit me well. I might look into this, thank you for the information!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

someone keeps loving with the EQ settings in the lounge.

shen
Jan 22, 2006

redshirt posted:

On the return trip we're going to have to cart back anyone who's gone space crazy aren't we. What's the current population on or in orbit around Callisto?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Whoever's illegally growing cannabis in the O deck ventilation system can you please weed out any males you're loving with my P deck ventilation op.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

shen posted:

On the return trip we're going to have to cart back anyone who's gone space crazy aren't we. What's the current population on or in orbit around Callisto?

Give or take a thousand. And yes, the space crazy will need to be dealt with.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

numberoneposter posted:

someone keeps loving with the EQ settings in the lounge.

The only thing worse than being stuck with redshirt for eight years is being stuck with redshirt spending eight years hogging the only computer capable of playing Everquest.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Bonzo posted:

It's me everyone. The science officer that's really a robot

Show me your milky ways

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

redshirt posted:

Give or take a thousand. And yes, the space crazy will need to be dealt with.

Dealt with as in brought back to earth or dealt with as in practical decision making in a resource poor environment?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Outrail posted:

Dealt with as in brought back to earth or dealt with as in practical decision making in a resource poor environment?

Mushrooms gotta eat

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Outrail posted:

Whoever's illegally growing cannabis in the O deck ventilation system can you please weed out any males you're loving with my P deck ventilation op.

The offender has been dealt with. The guinea pigs will feast tonight.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Outrail posted:

It varies case by case.

Sanity breaking? All kinds of compromises.

Narcissistic monster who wants to eat people? We will do the needful.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Let's not be hasty a narcissistic cannibal is a real asset to the team.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Outrail posted:

Let's not be hasty a narcissistic cannibal is a real asset to the team.

Well I suppose it depends on his technical skills.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Barbie movie has been a huge hit. The 12 person movie theater is booked out for 3 days.

shen
Jan 22, 2006

going to do some gaming in shuttlepod 3 until my movie time, no spoilers! for the sake of convenience i'll leave my key half-turned in the gun locker lock for whoever wants to do target practice, remember to use the signout sheet please and thank you.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

shen posted:

going to do some gaming in shuttlepod 3 until my movie time, no spoilers! for the sake of convenience i'll leave my key half-turned in the gun locker lock for whoever wants to do target practice, remember to use the signout sheet please and thank you.

You can just game Cap'n, you don't need to hide it.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Has anyone else noticed that banging sound coming from the hull?

shen
Jan 22, 2006

redshirt posted:

You can just game Cap'n, you don't need to hide it.

just wanted to establish that there are tons of reasons why crewmembers might decide to spend some time in a sealed shuttlepod. enjoying one's space-weed rations, video entertainment, communicating in private space odyssey-style... nothing for a shipboard a.i. or mission control to worry themselves over.

Outrail posted:

sounds to me like someone nominating themselves for the first spacewalk of the mission! go get 'em tiger!

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Outrail posted:

Let us in. Let us in. It's so cold and lonely out here.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Outrail posted:

Probably just space settling.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

shen posted:

just wanted to establish that there are tons of reasons why crewmembers might decide to spend some time in a sealed shuttlepod. enjoying one's space-weed rations, video entertainment, communicating in private space odyssey-style... nothing for a shipboard a.i. or mission control to worry themselves over.

sounds to me like someone nominating themselves for the first spacewalk of the mission! go get 'em tiger!

You know the more I consider this comment, the more I am concerned. Sending a flag up to Central Command.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

redshirt posted:

Barbie movie has been a huge hit. The 12 person movie theater is booked out for 3 days.

That's nothing! The Barbie program in the HoloSim is booked 6 weeks out! 9 weeks is you want Asian Barbie.

edit: Ken is 12 weeks

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I accidentally breached the hull trying to drill a glory hole in the bathroom stall

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Pinche Rudo posted:

I accidentally breached the hull trying to drill a glory hole in the bathroom stall

No worries, I already plugged it. Pretty good suction. Cold though

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Xlorp posted:

Let us in. Let us in. It's so cold and lonely out here.

Pinche Rudo posted:

Another success story from the Kirk school of dick first diplomacy.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jul 23, 2023

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
Thanks to the wide corridors onboard and my political connections, I can continue to wantonly endanger pedestrians in my Chevy Tahoe in space. I also used up all the comms bandwidth sending unhinged passive-aggressive holo messages to my child back on Earth, Brantlynn.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

can you drop me off here? I'm skiplagging and it turns out getting a round trip ticket to Callisto is hella cheaper than buying an actual one-way ticket to Phobos

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Tunicate posted:

can you drop me off here? I'm skiplagging and it turns out getting a round trip ticket to Callisto is hella cheaper than buying an actual one-way ticket to Phobos

Yeah but no.

Unless you are working on the surface or in orbit for the next 4 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death By Yogurt
Apr 3, 2007

Death to the Martians and the Belters!!!