Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

much like tesla, musk cannot start his own company, he has to cannibalize other established companies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Willa Rogers posted:

the ACA will never be overturned, bc it was written & legislated by the insurance industry, pharma & other donor industries that are its beneficiaries.

they'll somehow find a way to strip out all the positives and keep all the negatives

goodbye medicaid expansion, hello return of pre-existing conditions!

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Brimruk posted:

it’s incredibly depressing reading up on the sbf saga and seeing articles that painted him as some kind of wunderkind because he’d play lol in client meetings, instead of the loving dipshit that he is. multiple entities giving him tens if not hundreds of millions is just further proof that we’re in the late stage and everything just needs to loving crash already

it is funny how all these ‘betters’ of ours continue showing their rear end by investing in things like this and theranos, proving once and for all that they or their parents really just lucked out in a hosed system instead of being some kinds of special geniuses

People found his account and his winrate was loving terrible and he was in like the second worst bracket lmao

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/deitaone/status/1683179445186592768

lol

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Nanomashoes posted:

People found his account and his winrate was loving terrible and he was in like the second worst bracket lmao

IIRC, AOC was better than him

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Justin Tyme posted:

much like tesla, musk cannot start his own company, he has to cannibalize other established companies

Elon Musk, founder of Twitter/X.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
lmao this is going to break so much poo poo isnt it

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I can't get into discord anymore. I said I need to authenticate on the app?

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

can't wait to see how half-assed it is

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
x, the nothing app

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

RandomBlue posted:

*sees a twix*

lawsuit time

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

lol this poo poo is so dumb

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

everyone's gonna keep calling it twitter and he's gonna get soo mad lol

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Is this it? Can we now officially saw Muskie has killed Twitter?

I mean maybe he pulls a miracle out of some software dev or 3 letter agency’s rear end and “X” goes on to do great thingsmake enough money to limp along for a few more years, but now it is something new that Elon founded, not Twitter.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Google search engagement is way up after the name change, this property is hot hot hot

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

actionjackson posted:

I can't get into discord anymore. I said I need to authenticate on the app?

They seem to push authentication by phone number more since that guy leaked confidential documents about the Ukraine war.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ballistic: Twitter vs :sever:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

You just know that if Musk does this and the site stays afloat, all the other social media execs watching him do this will follow suit and do a rebrand. Watch Zuck completely drop the Facebook name in favor of Meta after this.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

XxX is back with Ice Cube

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

just casually typing xxx into google uh oh

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

renaming your uniquely named app to a single letter that is already a bunch of other things is gonna be great for seo

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

super sweet best pal posted:

X goin' give it to ya!

I'm guessing they did some research and found that most people react to Twitter by looking for an X to click.

Edit: I assumed the X was replacing the bird, not the name Twitter.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

they call it x because you turn x degrees and walk away

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Xitter

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Definitely a good idea to push a big change to production on sunday

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

he’s going to claim the new name change means all the old contracts are void as they were with the old company

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

LonsomeSon posted:

no way it’s in earnest, at the end there’s a shot of him talking on two phones at once like an 90s cartoon businessman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbbW8SO08XQ

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Shear Modulus posted:

I pushed a big dump to the toilet, I’m ready to let that sink in 💩

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

Well yeah, if it breaks the employees have all week to work on it

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Whoever owns x.com has owned it since 2017 and is currently redirecting it to twitter.com.

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
The economy is going great. I keep getting rejected from the seemingly fake job postings for the win. There’s basically no middle class to speak of. That’s just the power of the Biden, Buttigieg economy. Thank you B! Thank you squad!

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Rhesus Pieces posted:

they'll somehow find a way to strip out all the positives and keep all the negatives

goodbye medicaid expansion, hello return of pre-existing conditions!

that's what they've done with "medicare" "advantage" (stripped the positives of socialized medicine & added negatives)

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

RandomBlue posted:

When does he rename himself X-II~lon?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

MuadDib Atreides posted:

The economy is going great. I keep getting rejected from the seemingly fake job postings for the win. There’s basically no middle class to speak of. That’s just the power of the Biden, Buttigieg economy. Thank you B! Thank you squad!

I'm always surprised when I run into people that are making $250k a year for very fake sounding jobs. Does Grey Goose need a something or other marketing team lead for the Canadian Under 30 demographic? I don't know, but someone in their Toronto office has that job, and/or someone in a marketing firm has that account.

When you see the job listings, how can you tell what's a real job and what's a fake posting these days?

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

better hurry

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Frosted Flake posted:

Does Grey Goose need a something or other marketing team lead for the Canadian Under 30 demographic?
under a western capitalist market economy, probably yes very much so

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

I'm always surprised when I run into people that are making $250k a year for very fake sounding jobs. Does Grey Goose need a something or other marketing team lead for the Canadian Under 30 demographic? I don't know, but someone in their Toronto office has that job, and/or someone in a marketing firm has that account.

When you see the job listings, how can you tell what's a real job and what's a fake posting these days?

I assume those high end vodka companies need as many marketers as they can get because their entire business model is built on convincing Premium Consumers to spend triple for a nicer looking bottle with the same stuff inside.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Shrinkflation continues
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1683199491069956099

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Yellow update:

https://twitter.com/rrpre/status/1683234823114981376

Teamsters posted:

Under Pressure from Teamsters Leadership, Central States to Extend Health Care Benefits for Workers at Yellow

The Central States Health and Welfare Fund agreed Sunday to extend health care benefits for workers at Yellow Corp. operating companies YRC Freight and Holland, under intense pressure from Teamsters General President Sean M. O’Brien and General Secretary-Treasurer Fred Zuckerman.

The extension of health care benefits for Teamsters and their families averts a strike at the freight companies, which could have begun on Monday after Yellow failed to make contractually obligated benefit payments of $50 million to Central States on July 15. The agreement by Central States at the urging of the Teamsters gives Yellow 30 days to pay its bills with the understanding the company will do so within the next two weeks.

The intense discussions between Teamsters leadership and Central States successfully convinced fund trustees to reverse their previous decision that health care benefits would end on July 23 if Yellow remained delinquent. O’Brien subsequently ordered the Teamsters National Freight Industry Negotiating Committee to meet in-person with Yellow representatives on Sunday evening. Meetings will take place in Washington, D.C., to review the state of the company and the current contract.

As the Teamsters and Yellow sit down, the reversal by Central States will keep health care benefits paid and hardworking Teamsters on the job for the time being.

“Our members at YRC Freight and Holland cannot work without health care, and the Teamsters worked tirelessly to ensure an immediate strike at Yellow could be averted,” O’Brien said. “These discussions were not easy, but Central States has made meaningful movement under pressure from the union. We are seeking a real resolution, but let this solution today serve as a profound reminder that our members can only endure so many sacrifices. Teamsters at Yellow simply work too hard and have already given so much.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
sad. low energy.