Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Booties posted:

My kids are on GOMAD. They are absolute units

They'll never lose their lactose tolerance!

E:

I feel this https://www.instagram.com/reel/CrKm4EGtVz-/?igshid=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 16:49 on May 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RamboMoe
Aug 12, 2005

This account was a birthday gift from my brother. I wanted an RC car. Fuck you.

Mustached Demon posted:

Replace bench press with over head press or push press.

For bigger arms?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

New squat 1RM of 350lb at 145lb body weight. Wednesday I test Bench and Friday I test Deadlift.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Batterypowered7 posted:

New squat 1RM of 350lb at 145lb body weight. Wednesday I test Bench and Friday I test Deadlift.

That's awesome, congratulations on the hard work paying off.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

strong goon

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

My bench continues to be wimpy at 210lb. I was hoping it had gone up from 205 to 215 at least.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Here's me deadlifting 424lbs. It's not much in terms of like, bodyweight ratio (I'm 290 lbs) but it's within a pound of my lifetime PR (I got 425 once in high school).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD4hpUeriJU

My favorite wrestler is CM Punk. His entrance music coming on right as I was going for my third attempt is completely coincidental. But also I think probably helped me make the lift.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

How funny CM Punk is my favorite mma fighter too

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Hellblazer187 posted:

Here's me deadlifting 424lbs. It's not much in terms of like, bodyweight ratio (I'm 290 lbs) but it's within a pound of my lifetime PR (I got 425 once in high school).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD4hpUeriJU

My favorite wrestler is CM Punk. His entrance music coming on right as I was going for my third attempt is completely coincidental. But also I think probably helped me make the lift.

Good lift. After a quick google, confirmed it was at the end of a whole powerlifting meet that you came within 1 pound of your DL PB

You can certainly deadlift more than that, at this very moment

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Budding fitness influencer “Justyn Vicky” died recently while doing a failed squat, of 460lbs. I just saw the video somewhere and uhhh, yikes, I didn’t know THAT could happen. “internal decapitation” is how the news described it. Even had a spotter behind, who honestly didn’t/couldn’t do jack poo poo once Justyn failed.

So uhhh, yeah, I guess be careful?

Edit: mild video describing the news, the actual clip is quite cursed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26QJKx_IUCg

Comfy Fleece Sweater fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jul 23, 2023

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Hafþór Björnsson had a near-catastrophic miss when re-racking a huge squat, and it was only the fact that he had something like 4 spotters that saved him. (Of course, then he suffered the pec injury later when going for a powerlift world record.)

The lesson here is to have safety arms or bars and set them properly so that you can ditch or fail safely.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Literally everything went wrong in the video. From the spotter not knowing how to spot to not using the spotter arms you see in his other videos to both falling backwards and pitching forward with a super high near on the neck bar position.

It's weird not only did he use a high bar position he was looking down and unracked with a pretty forward torso angle.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

That’s the reason I don’t squat 460 lbs.

And the only reason.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Power cages aren't too expensive.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Mustached Demon posted:

Power cages aren't too expensive.

One of the downsides of so many gyms getting those Rogue Fitness Monster Rigs (and their ilk) is that power cages have gotten a lot more rare. And while safety arms work just fine, safety bars in power cages have the advantage of (usually) always staying on the rack. In the gym I go to, the safety arms are stashed off in the corner and you have to go find them and attach them before your squats. Sadly, this means I'm one of the few people in my gym who actually bothers to do that.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Guyver posted:

Literally everything went wrong in the video. From the spotter not knowing how to spot to not using the spotter arms you see in his other videos to both falling backwards and pitching forward with a super high near on the neck bar position.

It's weird not only did he use a high bar position he was looking down and unracked with a pretty forward torso angle.

What actually happened? The video above wasn't super clear describing it and there's no chance in hell I'm watching the actual video.

I've heard of professional wrestlers have internal decapitations from years of being dropped on their heads weakening their spine.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

He unracked took a step and lost his balance. Fell backwards but also doubled over rolling the bar up his neck on to the back of his head just as he hit the ground. Pretty much would have ripped it off if not for his neck skin stretching.

edit: He looked super shaky too. I read he's done the lift before but he didn't look like he could have even have finished the rep from the walk out.

Guyver fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jul 23, 2023

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Violator posted:

What actually happened? The video above wasn't super clear describing it and there's no chance in hell I'm watching the actual video.

This is wise, it was unpleasant.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Violator posted:

I've heard of professional wrestlers have internal decapitations from years of being dropped on their heads weakening their spine.

I once had a patient with this. He was hit by a van trying to escape the cops.

Which was pointless because he was wearing an ankle tag.

(I called it atlantooccipital dislocation though because I am cool.)

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
The first article I saw read "squat presses" so I assumed he was doing squat jerks or something with a very respectable amount of weight and dropped it on his neck. Reality is always dumber.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Dysgenesis posted:

I once had a patient with this. He was hit by a van trying to escape the cops.

Which was pointless because he was wearing an ankle tag.

(I called it atlantooccipital dislocation though because I am cool.)
So what was that patient's outcome? I assume he was still alive when you encountered him since corpses aren't usually referred to as "patient"

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
It's survivable but 70% of victims die before even making it to a trauma center. My wife has seen it once at her hospital, guy survived.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

feelix posted:

So what was that patient's outcome? I assume he was still alive when you encountered him since corpses aren't usually referred to as "patient"

He died about ten minutes after we made the diagnosis.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I squat at home, in my power rack, with safeties. I was actually just thinking about setting up safety straps from the top of the cage too. Probably insane and unnecessary to have two sets of safeties. But also, insane to die from squatting.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

You can if you want but what happened was some final destination poo poo where everything had to fail in just the right way.

If any one thing didn't happen he wouldn't have died.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Seeing that video makes me wonder how close I was to a similar outcome. The crash that shattered my C4 also dislocated it but only like 5-10 mm rather than the like 3” that it appeared to be on that guy.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Guyver posted:

You can if you want but what happened was some final destination poo poo where everything had to fail in just the right way.

If any one thing didn't happen he wouldn't have died.

Also his spotter was a huge loving moron and if you check his Instagram, despite being a "coach" he can't spot the squat at all.

Apparently the coach owns the gym and has taught everyone there to spot incorrectly. Don't loving spot if you don't know how or feel uncomfortable with the weight.

B-Rock452 fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jul 24, 2023

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I guess he'll never be the head of a major corporation

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
New milestone unlocked: first time wearing a tight tank top to the gym. Finally I can rest.

LordoftheScheisse
Jan 16, 2016

Booties posted:

New milestone unlocked: first time wearing a tight tank top to the gym. Finally I can rest.

Oh, you're just getting started, pipsqueak.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Wear a singlet and then you're serious.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

I can't imagine not just lifting in the nude, to be honest. The tightness should come from the pump you feel after a heavy set.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Batterypowered7 posted:

I can't imagine not just lifting in the nude, to be honest. The tightness should come from the pump you feel after a heavy set.

When my penis and testicles are resting on the ground I know I've squatted deep enough.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Ok. I’ll body paint a singlet then. The testicle paint stain on the floor will let me know if I’m hitting depth.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Anyone else say completely deranged insane poo poo while lifting? I've been saying poo poo like "Power is everything...." or "The weak survive; the strong thrive"

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

I don't say poo poo like that, but whenever the program I'm doing calls for overhead press, I remember the Goon whose friend came over and overhead pressed more by "cheating" (lowering the bar a little bit before pressing upwards). Always gets a good laugh out of me.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
double dipping will get you KILLED at a strongman comp

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Buschmaki posted:

Anyone else say completely deranged insane poo poo while lifting? I've been saying poo poo like "Power is everything...." or "The weak survive; the strong thrive"

I will let out the occasional Ronnie Coleman-inspired “nothing but a peanut!” during a particularly heavy lift.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMy3uuZResw

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Light weight babyyyyyy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I would annoy my friend while lifting by just nonstop quoting Jason Genova. Just going "Ssthickening...." and "Who cares about for we're freaks!" over and over