Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
its going to be funny to watch all the little entities and businesses and such try to switch over to X

my kid and I listen to the radio on the drive to school, and there'll be like an ad for a family-owned A/C company or after school county run arts program or something that uses twitter, and it'll be great to hear them say "find us on x" at whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ChickenHeart posted:

This is just another step in Musky's slow metamorphosis into becoming a Batman supervillain:

Jack was kinda funny. Elon has a lot of work to do

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/parismarx/status/1683187321078792193

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

smoobles posted:

what the gently caress is a "global town square" someone please explain it to me

It's an oxymoron, as opposed to Elon, who is an oxy abusing moron

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
it's kind of funny that elon wants to turn twitter into an everything app but so far his only idea for it is to just add payments, as if people want to entrust all their money to a platform where people are constantly getting hacked

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Well he's talked about using Twitter X for dating, jobs, and I'm sure some other dumb poo poo.

So far, he's made it a far inferior place to write a blog I guess

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Apparently I am using the last days of my normally quiet twitter account to insult some terfs. It's like a fire sale on telling pieces of trash to choke on their own poo poo.

"I'm doing my part!.gif"

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI
Gonna be first to market with a payment app people can use on their telephone in the year 2023.

Next feature (coming 2024): the ability to send emoticons to friends and family.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Concerned Citizen posted:

it's kind of funny that elon wants to turn twitter into an everything app but so far his only idea for it is to just add payments, as if people want to entrust all their money to a platform where people are constantly getting hacked

Especially given that the original x.com was an online bank with a quaint lack of transactional security

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Hot take here: Elon Musi is a bit of and I doubt that he's worth as much praise as some people seem to give him

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
lol nobody is gonna type "x" in an autocomplete address bar.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Are we sure that Elon hasn't personally bought the domain x.com a few decades ago and was trying to profit from it ever since then?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

cant cook creole bream posted:

Are we sure that Elon hasn't personally bought the domain x.com a few decades ago and was trying to profit from it ever since then?

who loving cares? if he moves it to twitter it becomes twitter for all intents and purposes

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

Steadiman posted:

lol nobody is gonna type "x" in an autocomplete address bar.

I'm sure everyone knows you will need to type h tee tee pea colon forward slash forward slash ex dot com forward slash TILDE twitter

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

smoobles posted:

what the gently caress is a "global town square" someone please explain it to me

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

paying 44 billion dollars so that a failed idea can fail twice because you are obsessed with a letter

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

unless he's somehow getting $44 billion dollars for it I wouldn't call this a profit

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

is that paper mario? I loved Mario RPG. Never played the next one

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

who loving cares? if he moves it to twitter it becomes twitter for all intents and purposes

Maybe it's a way to embezzle investor money. The domain is Elon's personal property and the company formerly known as Twitter pays 44 billion a year to him so they get to use it.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Maybe it's a way to embezzle investor money. The domain is Elon's personal property and the company formerly known as Twitter pays 44 billion a year to him so they get to use it.

elon owns twitter

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

oh a tax dodge. Why didn't I see that one coming?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

kazil posted:

elon owns twitter

he does indeed.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

he does indeed.

:wrong:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Elon doesn't own twitter. Now I am confused

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Then what the hell did he spend $44 billion on?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Lamech posted:

my kid and I listen to the radio on the drive to school, and there'll be like an ad for a family-owned A/C company or after school county run arts program or something that uses twitter, and it'll be great to hear them say "find us on x" at whatever

"Find us on x" would make me think of pokemon every time I heard it

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Then what the hell did he spend $44 billion on?

Humiliation

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

kazil posted:

elon owns twitter

the twitter you own ends up owning you

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

not gonna argue

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

mate, it's a shitposting app

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

BoldFace posted:

We're about to find out why Alphabet didn't do this with Google and Meta didn't do it with Facebook.

You say that like they're not going to copy this next week

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
X Gon post it for ya

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

smoobles posted:

it’s where you go to laugh at fools. maybe throw some rotten food at them

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

X Gon post it for ya

first we gonna post

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

lol missed this one

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

the great amazing genes of a white guy in his 30s.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

kazil posted:

elon owns twitter

Aren't there still other idiots who own twitter shares? I thought Twitter Jack specifically still owned some.
As far as I understand, Elon does not own 100% of that pile of garbage.

Google tells me he owns about 80% of it. Certainly not everything. And honestly, if those rubes haven't seen the writing on the wall by now, they deserve to get squeezed.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jul 23, 2023

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

PhazonLink posted:

the great amazing genes of a white guy in his 30s.

He was in his 20s there.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Aren't there still other idiots who own twitter shares? I thought Twitter Jack specifically still owned some.
As far as I understand, Elon does not own 100% of that pile of garbage.

He didn’t have the cash to buy it himself so he has partners/investors/creditors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

I hope he does build his AI sexbot so we can see Ex Machina happen IRL.

Does Oscar Isaac dance.