Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Walla posted:

Okay, so seriously. Does anyone main Arlan? I've been playing with him a bit and it feels like he needs both March and Natasha or Bailu to be effective. Even then you still want to bring a second dps because his damage is pretty mid. I don't have him maxed out or anything but he's level 70 with a level 7 skill and 6 talent and about 1,700 attack and he only dishes out a little over 7,000 damage at 1 hp. Is there something I'm missing?

no, he's a loser. we need to wait till badass 5* Future Arlan traveling back into the past to save us, who's now a buff cyborg chad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

arlan got nerfed into the ground because he was really overpowered in one of the betas. hes just not very good.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

GateOfD posted:

no, he's a loser. we need to wait till badass 5* Future Arlan traveling back into the past to save us, who's now a buff cyborg chad.

Ah, Punished Arlan.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Herta in the Tales event trial seemed really fun with cool animations
but i know outside of the unique buffs, in real play, she's probably very underwealming

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

GateOfD posted:

but i know outside of the unique buffs, in real play, she's probably very underwealming

shes great

for farming calyxes

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i dont know much about arlan but these days he seems like lovely Blade

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Oh cool thanks.

This is the Blade I've been wrecking stuff with. Still need to clean up his substats (don't need that much crit, need more crit damage)

drat, that's impressive. Mine only has like 5000HP, 1950 attack, and 40/75 crit stats (though that's just with what I've pulled together from my existing relics, so he only has two from the new set equipped).

Edit: Those ornaments are nuts

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

GateOfD posted:

Herta is fine and fun. Everyone focuses on her lovely follow up attack but her skill and ultimate are great and she's great for aoe. She's probably one of the best 4 stars to bring against the drat deer. I'm definitely going to build her but I'm trying to find a use for everyone.

Arlan is so far the only real letdown. Everything he's decent for Serval is simply better. I guess he would work as a sub to her with an S5 Woof! but since I destroyed the one copy I had it's going to be a while before I can try that out.

I also have never used Hook. She's the only character I've never used but I'm probably going to build her too.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hook's very good and extremely underrated. e6 hook does damage equal to e0 seele.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

What is the point of this monkey man having a cooldown after does his big punches if he's just gonna get mad again on his next turn anyway.

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWXPNyt6oTE

Usually not the biggest on vocal themes these days, but when a guy gets their own heroic ballad tribute to their awesomeness I'm usually for it. Plus this EP was pretty cool. Some spoilers for the 1.2 story.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

The Shame Boy posted:

What is the point of this monkey man having a cooldown after does his big punches if he's just gonna get mad again on his next turn anyway.

If you are willing to take a billion years to beat it and are a complete coward, that's your chance to unload all the SP you've been saving up!

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I decided I was safe enough heading into daniel banner to toss a few pulls at blade, got a 5* destruction....

e3 Clara.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Endorph posted:

hook's very good and extremely underrated. e6 hook does damage equal to e0 seele.

That's good to know. She's at 60 and ascended but I've just never built or used her. I'm thinking Hook and Herta would make a good team against that drat deer and I hope it's still a boss when I get around to both of them. In retrospect I'm glad I didn't pull Blade. It gives me the time to build these characters I've been ignoring instead of trying to turbo boost yet another 5 star.

The Shame Boy posted:

The drat monkey is what made me finally level Dan Heng. He's the only strong wind breaker I have and makes short work of the monkey.

I hate the wolves that summon more and inflict shock. Bastards.

Clarste posted:

If you are willing to take a billion years to beat it and are a complete coward, that's your chance to unload all the SP you've been saving up!

Dan Heng with Gepard's help can break him in 2 turns. 3 total skills and an ult from Dan.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jul 24, 2023

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Endorph posted:

Hook is great and I love Hoyo Explosion Gremlins. Which makes me very salty that I only have her at E1.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Got done with the story quest and some people are crazy when it comes the music. Wildfire might have a cool drop but Pedujara is miles ahead from a composition standpoint

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Walla posted:

The drat monkey is what made me finally level Dan Heng. He's the only strong wind breaker I have

Tell him to stop eating so many goddamn beans then

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Clarste posted:

Why bother saving at all though when Loucha will just heal whoever gets Monkey Punched for free anyway

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

gently caress this stupid event has too much text

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Meowywitch posted:

gently caress this stupid event has too much text

:yeah: i was already glancing through the plot stuff just to get to the fights but as soon as little kid Dan Heng showed up i just zoned out.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I cant wait to rate it all 0 on the next player feedback survey because this is some genshin-level nonsense poo poo

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

The Shame Boy posted:

:yeah: i was already glancing through the plot stuff just to get to the fights but as soon as little kid Dan Heng showed up i just zoned out.

u mean MK3000

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Walla posted:

but her skill and ultimate are great

Her skill literally has the same ratio as her basic, lmao

Herta is bad

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
The secret to the monkey is to just unload SP anyway, he's only punching one character no matter how much you use.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

GateOfD posted:

u mean MK3000

gently caress i should have picked that if that was one of the options! I just picked the first loving thing that popped into view and went "ha ha yeah funny whatever" and kept skipping!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Got done with the story quest and some people are crazy when it comes the music. Wildfire might have a cool drop but Pedujara is miles ahead from a composition standpoint

I think it's mostly how it's used, to me at least. I love both songs but Wildfire has that hype lyrical kick in when Cocolia does her super that makes it stick with people.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

As someone with no musical education whatsoever, the only way a background song can stand out to me is if it shocks me in some way. It needs to have a moment that makes me go "oh, huh, there's a song playing!" And that moment is what makes me like it.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

I actually have read a bunch of these wuxia chinese stories, so I actually understand the munbo jumbo talk in the story and parody its doing, so it probably hits me closer than others

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I understood the parody, I just thought it kept going on long after it needed to with nothing really new to say.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

The Shame Boy posted:

gently caress i should have picked that if that was one of the options! I just picked the first loving thing that popped into view and went "ha ha yeah funny whatever" and kept skipping!

you can also call him cold dragon young

also yeah, the wuxia parodies and the pot shots it takes at the main story (and the fact that you can whine and bitch about everything) make it for me but other people probably wouldn't enjoy it in the same way.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i liked reading the actual event chapters that inserts the characters you used in the points run part though. Especially when it Madlabs Blade as a caring character.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I think it's mostly how it's used, to me at least. I love both songs but Wildfire has that hype lyrical kick in when Cocolia does her super that makes it stick with people.

tbh doing the lyrics kick in at the climax of the fight is very overdone that it's par for the course these days i feel. i think point for point i appreciate phantylia's song progression way more considering it even gets you with dropping to trap in phase 2 which just somehow works really well with the chanting

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the item descriptions are really good. the laser gun has a joke about it just being a toy he borrowed from his niece and her getting mad at him for running the batteries dry.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I appreciate that, but also my mind is too numb from skimming through the parody as fast as possible to get to the event that I have no inclination whatsoever to read them. I think it's just really poorly paced for something standing between you and the minigame.

Edit: Perhaps if more of the story were framed as a reward for the minigame that you can approach at your own pace.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I usually like Mihoyo's poking fun at themselves, but like you compare the Yae Miko story quest, even though Inazuma had some issues, it had the bulk of Genshin before to poke fun at it. Like a funny haha at the story works better when what is there is solid. And it's clearly mocking the current update which is not.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Clarste posted:

I appreciate that, but also my mind is too numb from skimming through the parody as fast as possible to get to the event that I have no inclination whatsoever to read them. I think it's just really poorly paced for something standing between you and the minigame.

Edit: Perhaps if more of the story were framed as a reward for the minigame that you can approach at your own pace.

honestly yeah that does make sense

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

ha ha didn't this take just a bit to long to come out? lol lmao but really we have fun here.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I liked the story in the minigame. I do wish I hadn't rushed all of the battles since I've now rushed myself through all the available content, but it is what it is.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The sole thing entertaining me is hearing TIME TO TWIRL over and over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Meowywitch posted:

The sole thing entertaining me is hearing TIME TO TWIRL over and over

having attempted scene 2 too many times, i am now perfectly fine skipping blade as i am thoroughly sick to death of his ult lines