Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
They're adding some in-game stuff to the real-money shop to commemorate FanFest.

There's a new 32-seater bike:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05aMYjohfms
Just like the FF7 bike, it has the first stage of increased movement speed. Also, I really like where the second seat is.

A new emote that has you do the classic three-point-landing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxEYIH84bC8

Three new versions of the Cheer emote, which are the same animations but with green, violet and white colors:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfm38QSEMCY

And finally, they're adding Orchestrion Rolls for Eorzean Symphony 3 and PULSE: FFXIV Remix.

There's also going to be a sale for the Moonfire Faire stuff, so heads up for that if you care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
A dungeon, or perhaps a raid series, overexplaining the Heart of Sabik

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.

goblin week posted:

A dungeon, or perhaps a raid series, overexplaining the Heart of Sabik

this surely must be a bit, we literally just had that

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I’m in Stormblood :v:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

good times

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Maybe next they can do a raid series that overexplains it without still leaving everything super vague

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Kwyndig posted:

I don't see that one ever happening because you'd have to switch jobs in a very limited time window which is already a hassle when you do that manually while you're waiting, making it a required part of queueing would just result in more dropped instances.

How so? It would be the same as now, just switch to the job the matchmaking tells you to. Or if they are worried about that they could make it an option you have to specifically enable in duty finder settings.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.

goblin week posted:

I’m in Stormblood :v:

😶

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I still wonder if the non-English communities were as caught up about the Heart of Sabik as us. Because I feel like the main thing facilitating that whole mystery was that for several expansions, we didn't even know on a base level what the Heart of Sabik is, and it took so long for someone to say 'it's auracite' that we weren't ready to just leave it at that (not to mention the fact I think a lot of people missed the Werlyt story saying it).

...but in every other language it was always called 'Black Auracite Sabik'. They knew what it was from the jump, and had a whole lot less reason to question all of it.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Onean posted:

Just like the FF7 bike, it has the first stage of increased movement speed. Also, I really like where the second seat is.
Huh, this is yet another time 'cool thing we thought would be from content X' is a cash shop item instead. I was sure it was gonna be the big fanfest mogtome prize.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

I thought it could be reward from The Rising event, welp.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Onean posted:

A new emote that has you do the classic three-point-landing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxEYIH84bC8

I instantly bought this

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

super sweet best pal posted:

It'd have to be called Physician or Chemist since we already have a craft job called Alchemist. But yeah, I'd love something like that, just collect monster parts and Mix them.

They've tried to do Chemist twice, and haven't been able to make it work. The first attempt became Machinist, the second attempt became Sage.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Onean posted:

They're adding some in-game stuff to the real-money shop to commemorate FanFest.

the strike through blends in so well on the 3 that i didn't notice it until I quoted this post wherein I was going to express my shock and hope at a 32 seater super stretch bike

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Theris posted:

They've tried to do Chemist twice, and haven't been able to make it work. The first attempt became Machinist, the second attempt became Sage.

Which on one hand, means that we're unlikely to see them take a third attempt at it...

But on the other hand, it's the only 'referenced but not playable' job in the game that we know they've actually got interest in adding!

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Theris posted:

third time's a charm

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

You bet your rear end Alpha gets the seat.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

hazardousmouse posted:

the strike through blends in so well on the 3 that i didn't notice it until I quoted this post wherein I was going to express my shock and hope at a 32 seater super stretch bike

New cash shop mount: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re4VWoTrAuQ&t=699s

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016

Onean posted:

I'm glad that Alpha doesn't get replaced by another player in the sidecar, the player just has to hold onto the sidecar for their life instead.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Chemist should be a tank and all its cooldowns are self medicating with magic potions.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Lord_Magmar posted:

Chemist should be a tank and all its cooldowns are self medicating with magic potions.

That sounds more like a Harrier Du Bois

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Never thought I would get involved into an RP plotline that would cause me to make a murder board (or crazy wall, or investigation board whatever) in flowchart software. When I get home from work I need to make a PI glam for this.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

make chemist a limited job to piss people off

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Make chemist a trust only job

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Detheros posted:

Make chemist a trust only job

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ArZC4mu6fSU&pp=ygUXaGFuayBzY29ycGlvIHRydXN0IGZhbGw%3D

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Regalingualius posted:

That sounds more like a Harrier Du Bois

job gauge centered around managing cigarettes/booze/pyrholidon/speed and a two-minute burst window based on having gently caress

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

World War Mammories posted:

job gauge centered around managing cigarettes/booze/pyrholidon/speed and a two-minute burst window based on having gently caress

And Mr. Evrart is helping me find my gun

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

World War Mammories posted:

the best part about susano is that his voice actor is also the voice actor for urianger
I mixed Susano with Suzaku and was confused for a second there

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Hair design contest is open!

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1683431889326198786?t=qnSfGZl3Zo5lQpalSoVogA&s=19

Men's ponytails or long hair pleeeaaassseee

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Men's ponytails or long hair pleeeaaassseee

I would do terrible things for tied-back male hair other than the manbun+shaved sides style that it feels like is on 85% of player Highlanders.

My real wish is that every long and loose hairstyle would have a corresponding tied-back version.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
1 ilm taller pompadours please

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I want a really long ponytail that also has awesome bangs. None of the ponytails are what I'm looking for.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I want early to rise without the braid

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

I still want a crafter combatant, perhaps implemented as a caster DPS

Not necessarily tied to existing crafting classes/mechanics though some thematic links would be nice

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

My big wish for the new expansion is to have separate auto-skip options for voiced and non-voiced dialogue.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Zomborgon posted:

I still want a crafter combatant, perhaps implemented as a caster DPS

Not necessarily tied to existing crafting classes/mechanics though some thematic links would be nice

I don't know how well it'd work plausibly, but I do like the idea of a Chemist job basically having a combat version of the crafting system, where you lay down self-buffs to increase the power of the next major attack (or heal if it's a healer).

It might come out like a more centralized version of MCH's Automaton Queen meter, maybe with some notes taken from SAM's Meditate to allow for the Chemist to really make use of phase transitions.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

My big hope is that if we ARE going to Meracydia, they rework coils into being msq required just like they did CT.

I'd also like to see the rest of Ilsabard, get those clouds off my drat map!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
speaking of Queen, I hope they don't just bolt more damage onto that button again. they should give MCH an AoE use for battery gauge though. maybe just a 30s cooldown that consumes some of the gauge to throw an EMP grenade or something

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Countblanc posted:

speaking of Queen, I hope they don't just bolt more damage onto that button again. they should give MCH an AoE use for battery gauge though. maybe just a 30s cooldown that consumes some of the gauge to throw an EMP grenade or something

Yeah I've wanted this for a while now, battery is useless in dungeons except for bosses, simply because of how much time the Queen takes to retarget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Have the queen turn into a wearable kamen rider suit for your lvl 100 burst phase. Yes I know that's basically Reaper's gimmick and I don't care.