Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

It says a lot about people who can't tolerate the occasional ravings of a jester

Edit: My snipe feedback is that Nom Epique should get their own thread again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

death cob for cutie posted:

cop a better posting style, imo

you could have been a contributor to the keyboards thread in SH/SC but your posting style is so ironic that it's wrapped around to sincerely annoying

MuadDib Atreides
Apr 22, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

death cob for cutie posted:

cop a better posting style, imo

you could have been a contributor to the keyboards thread in SH/SC but your posting style is so ironic that it's wrapped around to sincerely annoying

I posted genuinely in that thread. I posted no less than two separate images of two separate Domikey keycaps sets which I had copped. I would go so far as to say, I was one of the largest contributor to the thread recently. My crime, evidently is using the word copped instead of bought. I also posted the knowledge management thread. The mod banned me for a month while simultaneously saying it was a great thread. in that entire month there’s not a single post in the thread. Lol. But this is the GBS feedback thread.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

MuadDib Atreides posted:

Ok. Content is king, as it has been well said. GBS is the normal homeowner dad forum and that makes haters mad because they wish it was 2010 and people were posting pics of their steampunk parties and calling each other good sir. Well, I want that too but , you can’t go back if there’s nothing to go back to. You can either completely nuke what is left of GBS as some are wishing, or not. That’s basically what this thread comes down to. I suppose someone will make a decision.

gently caress off.

e: excuse me this isnt feedback.

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jul 24, 2023

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
A little dog with a hat and a baton

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Fluffdaddy posted:

You and aardvark are the only ones who have interacted positively with yhis thread and I appreciate it. I just meant in general. There ARE like 85 of yall.

Feel like if a mod doesn't care about feedback of the forum they run they shouldn't be mods, personally.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Kild posted:

Feel like if a mod doesn't care about feedback of the forum they run they shouldn't be mods, personally.
You're not a forum, kild.

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

MuadDib Atreides posted:

You can either completely nuke what is left of GBS as some are wishing, or not. That’s basically what this thread comes down to.

no....no it isn't.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

MuadDib Atreides posted:

FirstnameLastname posted:

nom epique can continue trying to prove why he shouldn't be banned and in the process probably end up demonstrating why he should, or skip a move or three to not draw the attention of half of the website onto himself like hes about to, and be fine
I just came into the thread to cop the latest drama and people were talking about me for some reason

q.e.d.

i don't decide how things work, it's just how i see the situation: self-fulfilling prophecy, crystal ball's in your court; u aint gotta go for the layup

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Cugel the Clever posted:

You're not a forum, kild.

Glad they'll care about my feedback then.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

seems like gbs is doing pretty well if the biggest complaint is "a poster i find annoying should be banned"

use the ignore thing if you need to, there are loads of annoying posters all over this site

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Removed. Inappropriate.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Yeah I like it too. Probably gonna keep it for a while until I can think of something different.

That reminds me: nom epique delenda est.

nom epique delenda est.

nom epique delenda est.

Why would anyone, especially the admins who aren't entirely deranged, think this sort of thing is a good idea? Hence why I said and will continue to say: nom epique delenda est.

I almost got probated for saying "nom epique delenda est" in the gibbis feedback thread because Seth is very defensive of him.

nom epique delenda est.

nom epique delenda est

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

:catstare: that is insanely creepy behavior

nom epique delenda est

this one is from today lol.

i really dont know what their deal is with that poster but that's pretty weird behavior

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

teemolover42069 posted:

i really dont know what their deal is with that poster but that's pretty weird behavior

He just likes to complain about things. I mean, like a lot.

Fritz the Horse posted:

There appear to have been 186 reports filed by Vincent Van Goatse in the last 90 days.

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Valko posted:

He just likes to complain about things. I mean, like a lot.

lmao jesus christ, ok it's coming into focus a little more now

I still wouldn't follow someone around like that but sheesh

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

We should all the mods of various forums swap what forum they're moderating at random for a week! That will shake things up. Could be interesting, I think it would be really good at getting people to post :D

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

Fluffdaddy posted:

Nom epique or whatever has barely even came across my radar to be honest.

I do think the threshold for perma should be higher than annoying gimmick poster though.

It’s interesting because afaict people are mad at him for mild repetitive trolling but for the most part this sort of topic has come up time and again and the general consensus is that overreaction to this sort of thing is more of a problem than the trolling itself.

Stuff like Arf doing the “not gonna watch this” in the gdq threads, AiT’s cooking comic spam, repeated thread necros, whatever, there’s kind of countless examples of mild trolling that if anything we make more fun of the people who get tilted by it, it seems weird to single out this one guy for the same sort of gimmick.

I don’t really get the forum pet discourse tbh as there’s usually a sad or qcs kerfuffle anytime someone gets hit with a more significant lifetime achievement sort of shot that no one post really warranted individually. It’s clearly a tough rope to walk.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i dont think he should be banned i think he should be probed more. topic locked

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i dont think he should be banned i think he should be probed more. topic locked

Agreed. That's my feedback.

Also to this:

Fluffdaddy posted:

You and aardvark are the only ones who have interacted positively with yhis thread and I appreciate it. I just meant in general. There ARE like 85 of yall.

It's very disappointing that out of GBS' many mods that only two respond with good faith in here. That sucks and it needs to change.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
They were participating before Fluffdaddy took over the thread from them.

And I don't blame them for not participating. The thread sucks.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Just for the record, I have participated since, but I understand I'm pretty forgettable. I responded to the stuff that was asked of me, personally, and then the thread moved on. :shrug:

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Just for the record, I have participated since, but I understand I'm pretty forgettable. I responded to the stuff that was asked of me, personally, and then the thread moved on. :shrug:

And you would be whom, exactly?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Rust Martialis posted:

And you would be whom, exactly?

Autisanal Cheese posted:

It's very disappointing that out of GBS' many mods that only two respond with good faith in here. That sucks and it needs to change.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

oughta sixer just for the incorrect use of "whom", like the old days

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Literally the whole point of SA's moderating ethos is 'we can probe and ban you for any reason we feel like, there's no adhering to the technical letter of the law here' specifically because so many forums have obnoxious and intolerable users who barely don't actually break any major rules and have the limp-dick mods going 'Well, our hands are tied, nothing we can do because of the rules we ourselves made up'

It's also entirely valid to go 'the joke's worn out its welcome ten times over, find a new shtick or we'll ban you' and yes turn on your monitor etc

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Literally the whole point of SA's moderating ethos is 'we can probe and ban you for any reason we feel like, there's no adhering to the technical letter of the law here' specifically because so many forums have obnoxious and intolerable users who barely don't actually break any major rules and have the limp-dick mods going 'Well, our hands are tied, nothing we can do because of the rules we ourselves made up'

It's also entirely valid to go 'the joke's worn out its welcome ten times over, find a new shtick or we'll ban you' and yes turn on your monitor etc

Use the ignore button imo and stop being a baby about someone posting bad once in a while, it is not like anyone is innocent of that.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

satanic splash-back posted:

Use the ignore button imo and stop being a baby about someone posting bad once in a while, it is not like anyone is innocent of that.

Congentially lovely posters are like a small rock in your shoe. They aren't a huge problem in the full scope of life but the answer isn't to ignore the problem. You get the stupid rock out of your shoe.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

comparing posters to rocks makes sense when you see them as nothing more than report button fodder

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Congentially lovely posters are like a small rock in your shoe. They aren't a huge problem in the full scope of life but the answer isn't to ignore the problem. You get the stupid rock out of your shoe.

You got a 3 day probation and a post blanked for being a super aggro rear end in a top hat a few days ago

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't mind knowing why my "silly post" caught a sixer, but "this thread sucks" is fine?

The answer, though, is that mods and admins moderate to their own tastes as well as the rules, and that's always been the case and that may always be the case. Such is life, as long as they're still doing the function of their job. Not everyone is going to treat you the same, or ways you'd necessarily prefer over others. We learn to deal with it.

I'm seeing parallels between my annoyance with Greg youtube posting, and VVG's vendetta against Nom. I like Nom though and will defend his mildposting. I'm sure lots of people don't care about random youtube links (except in their charity threads, that was low Greg) and its very much a "me problem." I'll take some thread advice and just learn to deal or put them on ignore. I think we could all stand to do a little of that.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Should we train an AI on what is deemed "good", "bad", "fine", "probatable" and "ban worthy" and just have it tell us what to do? Seems like the fairest way to remove human bias if the idea of people modding irks you :shrug:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
The posting analysis AI flags me as a spamming bot because I used the character ℃ in a post and like thread titles it can't parse unicode

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Here's some positive feedback: the RandomWaffle thread gives me unending joy.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

new solution, every 3 months the top ten most ignored users get a permaban

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

syntaxfunction posted:

Should we train an AI on what is deemed "good", "bad", "fine", "probatable" and "ban worthy" and just have it tell us what to do? Seems like the fairest way to remove human bias if the idea of people modding irks you :shrug:

Is that how my post reads? That wasn't my intention, sorry. Just morning coffee posting at 5 am.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Charles Bukowski posted:

Is that how my post reads? That wasn't my intention, sorry. Just morning coffee posting at 5 am.

It was the ephemeral "you", not you specifically. I'm just trying to invent new and dumb ways to help the forums, that's all :)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

new solution, every 3 months the top ten most ignored users get a permaban

they should be made mods

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Whenever mods do this it results in agro. For instance kirbykhan got a week long probe for constantly trolling the ukraine thread, and a bunch of people went to SAD to complain how unfair it was he punished so harshly for extremely mild trolling.

Now while i dont think nom would get the same response, it would raise a lot of questions about other posters who mildly troll not getting the same treatment.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Drone_Fragger posted:

Whenever mods do this it results in agro. For instance kirbykhan got a week long probe for constantly trolling the ukraine thread, and a bunch of people went to SAD to complain how unfair it was he punished so harshly for extremely mild trolling.

Now while i dont think nom would get the same response, it would raise a lot of questions about other posters who mildly troll not getting the same treatment.

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

some posters are the pets of the gbs moderation crew (see the .xlsx), and some are not. simple as