Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

not interested in Kekfa because don't wanna overhaul my entire team for her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

GateOfD posted:

Same, I'm perfectly content to skip both her and Hot Dragon Short who are both buildarounds

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

GateOfD posted:

I’m kinda in the opposite boat. I want her because it’s an excuse to overhaul my entire team.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Wait Kafka is so high she cannot crit?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

DoT ticks cannot crit

she does a fair amount of damage upfront and has Follow-Up attacks when your team acts though, so its not like crit is ENTIRELY worthless for her

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
Yeah I can't stand EN Kafka because she just tries too hard. At least I play in JP so I don't understand what she's saying which lessens the cringe somewhat. :v:

Detheros posted:

They replaced the deer with Yanqing, meaning he gets owned again, lmao

As a Yanqing haver (and hater), the fact that the sole reason he exists in this game is to get dunked on makes me very happy.

He's on my second MoC team for now but he is very close to the chopping block once I get another DPS.

JT Jag posted:

Same, I'm perfectly content to skip both her and Hot Dragon Short who are both buildarounds

That's the price you pay for not being a Qingque believer!

All of my teams are extremely SP positive so Dragon Dan slots perfectly into them. (I'm probably still pulling Fu Xuan instead though (even though she's not as SP-positive as I would've liked).)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Ghosts of the Past is by far the best daily series

I love me some creepy

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Meowywitch posted:

Ghosts of the Past is by far the best daily series

I love me some creepy

It's creepy and doesn't require a ton of running around unlike other dailies I am looking at you Adler you dumb child.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

GateOfD posted:

if changing 25% of your team doesn't shake up your team then you need to look at that slot anyway

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

GateOfD posted:

Good news, you get the team you need just by pulling on her banner. It's a one-stop-shop for dot squad!

Kafka is great because there really isn't that strong 5* that you wish you had to make her really good. All of the 4*s on her banner are everything you need. But the dot scaling issue is definitely something to be concerned about, for sure.

Gearman fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jul 24, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

It is very funny to me that Luocha means I can just full auto SU and not have to think about it. Also Nihility is fun!

It was a good few runs of SU. Got a new Physical Herta sphere with a decent crit substat and a gold Luofu ER rope.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

got lighting damage orb with hp/crit rate/crit damage/effect res. to replace the one on serval that was defense/crit rate that rolled all def.

ended up hitting all hp...so my upgrade was like the base 5 crit damage or something..

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

facepalmolive posted:

Yeah I can't stand EN Kafka because she just tries too hard. At least I play in JP so I don't understand what she's saying which lessens the cringe somewhat. :v:

I like EN Kafka specifically because she doesn't sound like she's trying too hard. Her actress doesn't feel like she's really playing up the SUPER SEXY MOMMY DOMMY thing at all to me. She sounds bored and/or stoned(as stated upthread) with a side of vague amusement, which is a good vibe for someone who is intentionally acting out a predetermined script that no one else is aware of.

EN Phantylia is a much better example of someone trying hard to sound sultry.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Hearing that in practice Daniel is as sp hungry as Seele when she goes sicko mode actually makes me more desperate to get Luocha rather than less lmao

Even with Pela/Tingyun on the team things start getting annoying sometimes.

Wonder when they're gonna start doing reruns. Genshin didn't take that long, but it looks like star rail has a lot more characters lined up for release. Hopefully it's not like 1.6 or something :v:

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i can imagine finding a excuse in story to go back to the first planet for something or an event and along with it put up a temp. 1 week banner with Seele in it alongside the main banner.

also hoping for a free 4* or 5* ticket during xmas

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

There are 2 readables in Belobog related to what looks like a theater, so that's probably when Seele might rerun.

Yanqing is much easier than that stupid deer. Managed 2 stars on my first go so I might even break 18 this cycle.

Also I don't now have any interest in Seele. I mean, if they rerun her in 1.3 maybe, but by the time they run her again my dps will be solved. It mostly is already.

Plus there's still characters from the standard banner I want. Pela refuses to come home, and I would love Bronya and Clara. Especially the latter because it would be funny to try a 3 man team with her and Yukong and Luocha.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jul 25, 2023

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm gonna make Sushang God

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Meowywitch posted:

I'm gonna make Sushang God

E6 means you can just use attack boots forever. She starts at 128 speed before you break someone. :D

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

got yanqing on the standard banner...I don't have preservation mc built, nor do I have march 7th built, nor do I have Gepard. Uhhh, so i guess I'm building preservation mc?

Kale
May 14, 2010

Futaba Anzu posted:

tbh doing the lyrics kick in at the climax of the fight is very overdone that it's par for the course these days i feel. i think point for point i appreciate phantylia's song progression way more considering it even gets you with dropping to trap in phase 2 which just somehow works really well with the chanting

I've had this opinion for a while that it's cliche as gently caress as well, but my god does it seem to work on a lot of people every time. It's probably the easiest way to generate hype during some sort of climax scene, but doesn't do much for me anymore. :shrug:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Kale posted:

I've had this opinion for a while that it's cliche as gently caress as well, but my god does it seem to work on a lot of people every time. It's probably the easiest way to generate hype during some sort of climax scene, but doesn't do much for me anymore. :shrug:
yeah I'll admit that, if the song in question is good, the vocals kicking in gets me hyped every time

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Hit EL6, finally time to spend all of my fuel on relic farming. I think it cost close to 4 million gold to get blade semi-off the ground, and that is not even counting relics which I am still farming, just 4* lightcone, traces, and leveling.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007

silvergoose posted:

got yanqing on the standard banner...I don't have preservation mc built, nor do I have march 7th built, nor do I have Gepard. Uhhh, so i guess I'm building preservation mc?

Go with March 7th, fire MC's shields aren't big enough to prevent Yanqing from taking damage. Also he pairs really nicely with Tingyun if you've got her since her ult speeds up his ult by a turn and that's where most of his damage comes from.

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!
Just like in the Genshin thread, I've picked up this game. I've completed the story content and have Pela, Bailu, Quinque, Asta, Yukong, March, Natasha, Dan, Fireblazer, Hook, Serval, Herta, Arlan and Sushang. I feel like I've got an okay lineup. Usually I slot fireblazer, march and bailu for a lot of fights, cycling out as weakness comes up.

I know I'm no where near getting top tier damage, but I can seemingly hold my own against ~3-5 levels above my party's level.

Is there anything I should be working on? Just leveling up and ascending? I've got my assignments out gathering a bunch of level up material every day, but of course I'm not as seasoned with this game.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

unruly posted:

Just like in the Genshin thread, I've picked up this game. I've completed the story content and have Pela, Bailu, Quinque, Asta, Yukong, March, Natasha, Dan, Fireblazer, Hook, Serval, Herta, Arlan and Sushang. I feel like I've got an okay lineup. Usually I slot fireblazer, march and bailu for a lot of fights, cycling out as weakness comes up.

I know I'm no where near getting top tier damage, but I can seemingly hold my own against ~3-5 levels above my party's level.

Is there anything I should be working on? Just leveling up and ascending? I've got my assignments out gathering a bunch of level up material every day, but of course I'm not as seasoned with this game.
Resource allocation priority list, imo:

Priority 1: Leveling your characters and best lightcones to your current level cap
Priority 2: Acquire a complete 4-star or better equipment set that is ok and leveled to 6 if it's ok, 9 if it's pretty good and 12+ if it's perfect. worry about the equipment bonus and the main stats only
Priority 3: Do the character's basic traces: get their skill ones up to 4-5 and unlock the special trace branches that are available at their level
Priority 4: If you're close to a new trailblazer level breakpoint, pre-farm ascension materials
Priority 5: Try to level skill traces to 6+ and fill out the branches

Only after you have done *all* of these for all of the characters you care about should you start grinding for "perfect" full-five star equipment sets with ideal substats

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Which of these chests is best for Blade? The left one only had 4 stats, added % ATK and upgraded speed, the right one started with 5 and upgraded crit rate and effect hit rate. Does future secondary hits matter, or is it likely the crit damage one will be better even if it has bad rolls?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Pain of Mind posted:

Which of these chests is best for Blade? The left one only had 4 stats, added % ATK and upgraded speed, the right one started with 5 and upgraded crit rate and effect hit rate. Does future secondary hits matter, or is it likely the crit damage one will be better even if it has bad rolls?

the crit dmg one is easily stronger if you have a crit chance high enough to proc either of the crit rate ornaments, both which are best for Blade

the substats on the HP one are pretty sick though

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Got some good Blades relics from the new set. My gloves, body, and boots all have the exact same stat spread - ATK%, CDMG, Break, and flat HP. Boots and chest are both HP% main stat (haven't gotten a CDMG chest yet, and it would probably need to be a good one to be worth it).

Leveled them all to 12, and now I have 6519 HP, 2049 ATK, and 88% CDMG (most of my upgrades to the relics above went into Break, so my Blade also has 57.6% Break damage, which I guess isn't totally useless, even if I would gave preferred more CDMG).

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

JT Jag posted:

Only after you have done *all* of these for all of the characters you care about should you start grinding for "perfect" full-five star equipment sets with ideal substats

Yeah, like, I'm at TL65 with nine 80s reasonably traced and I'm just now starting to get into "let's see if I can optimize these substats" territory, and even then only on simpler-to-do-so characters like supports.

Sampo is probably going to be my next target because hilariously he ended up with a lot of for-him unnecessary crit stat allocation and I'd like some more atk% pieces. But that's a very long term project and for the character who is my most invested and highest damage dealing character.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Edly posted:

Go with March 7th, fire MC's shields aren't big enough to prevent Yanqing from taking damage. Also he pairs really nicely with Tingyun if you've got her since her ult speeds up his ult by a turn and that's where most of his damage comes from.

But won't she draw aggro onto him, negating the purpose?

I do indeed have Tingyun, somewhat built even.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Bussamove posted:

It's creepy and doesn't require a ton of running around unlike other dailies I am looking at you Adler you dumb child.

I am convinced that Adler is a curio ghost specifically haunting the Trailblazer.

But yeah, I really do like the creepy haunted vibe of the Ghosts of the Past dailies. Fits right in with all the other creepy poo poo you encounter in Belobog

Edly
Jun 1, 2007

silvergoose posted:

But won't she draw aggro onto him, negating the purpose?

I do indeed have Tingyun, somewhat built even.

Somewhat, but her shields are big enough that it's usually fine. It even has some upside since it helps Yanqing build energy.

My second MoC party is currently March 7th/Luocha/Tingyun/Yanqing and it's been working pretty great, was able to 30* last week for the first time.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Blade is finally at decent levels of stats now that I lucked into some speed boots that rolled crit 3 times, which let me activate rutilent arena. 74% crit, 7k hp, 140% cdam with 6/8/8/8. Would still like some more crit/crdam on gloves, hat and orb, (hands and gloves aren't bad to roll with synthing at least) but he's doing well enough to tear up MoC pretty easily.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jul 25, 2023

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I'd thought Tingyun would be on Daniel's banner, but getting Asta Eidolons for Kafka teams is great too so I'm happy with this. I'd been kinda waffling whether I wanna go for Blade or Daniel with my extra pulls besides Kafka, but I think this seals it for me.

Also Lynx on Fu Xuan's banner confirmed

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Good lord is MOC way easier for me with that loving deer being gone, I might actually clear the whole thing this week and get up to 24 stars or so. Insane how much it feels like Blade spiked the power of my account as someone who was seriously lacking in strong DPS before him. I've mostly had wretched luck with relic farming so far in this game, but I grabbed these for him tonight, feels like I came out pretty lucky:

Kafka talk: I'm the freak who is going all in on her banner because Sampo is my best friend and he deserves the best. And Luka is like perfectly laser targeted to me aesthetically. I'm probably dumping every pull I can scrounge together into it, and hoping I can manage Kafka + a ton of eidolons for my boys.

I don't know where I go after her banner really. Daniel is cool, but between Blade and the Dot Squad I feel like I'm probably good on damage characters. Might just save up for reruns to try and get Blade his cone, and see about grabbing an eidolon for someone, idk.

Coeurl Marx fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jul 25, 2023

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Edly posted:

Somewhat, but her shields are big enough that it's usually fine. It even has some upside since it helps Yanqing build energy.

My second MoC party is currently March 7th/Luocha/Tingyun/Yanqing and it's been working pretty great, was able to 30* last week for the first time.

Well that does sound better than my lovely Dan Heng team that struggles to do damage. All right, looks like I've got two characters to build...

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

blizzardvizard posted:

I'd thought Tingyun would be on Daniel's banner, but getting Asta Eidolons for Kafka teams is great too so I'm happy with this. I'd been kinda waffling whether I wanna go for Blade or Daniel with my extra pulls besides Kafka, but I think this seals it for me.

drat, that Fu Xuan banner is cracked. Hoping it's after the drat, Daniel banner so I have time to save up. The mono-quatum dream team needs to happen.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it should be after 5* dan since it says '2' and all, and they seem to put new 4* characters in the second banner of a patch. (like Luka being on Kafka's banner, not Blade's)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

blizzardvizard posted:

I want 4 stars on both banners, but I'm still undecided on the 5 stars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
I want Lynx more that any of the 5*. Full party cleanse + heal ultimate and increased agro, hp and over time heal with skill for Blade? Gimme that.