Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Wendigee posted:

No no no you see they don't like the thread and they want it to follow the same rules as other similar threads in other forums.

What are you, being deliberately obtuse?

*Shakes head*

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
Everyone is being calm and respectfully making reasonable arguments on both sides of the debate. You'll be ok. The thread will be ok.

I'd say not quoting nobodies is pretty fair. I do think it's occasionally funny, but it's hard to have a rule like "no posting nobodies, unless it's really funny". I also suspect that the thread would probably allow the occasional one to slip through the rule if it was funny, and not a constant thing.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Is there an option for opting for a permaban but you can get other accounts permabanned as collateral? Maybe like, take the active account years, divide by numbers of rap sheet entries, and that's how many collateral accounts you can do.

I don't know if it'd have a good result, but it'd certainly be interesting! I'd be curious what posters people would be willing to sacrifice themselves to perma :kimchi:

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

syntaxfunction posted:

Is there an option for opting for a permaban but you can get other accounts permabanned as collateral? Maybe like, take the active account years, divide by numbers of rap sheet entries, and that's how many collateral accounts you can do.

I don't know if it'd have a good result, but it'd certainly be interesting! I'd be curious what posters people would be willing to sacrifice themselves to perma :kimchi:

I think vengeance/justice fantasies like this should be discouraged.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

satanic splash-back posted:

I think vengeance/justice fantasies like this should be discouraged.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

syntaxfunction posted:

This seems needlessly complicated besides being a bad idea in general.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Didn't somebody recently pull a "I'll eat a perma if you also perma so-and-so" and the admins took them up on it?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Wow, a feedback thread shutting down any and all ideas, what a shock :rolleyes:

So far I've had the following ideas shut down for no good reason:
- shuffling mods at random so we can experience every part of the modding system
- train an AI to tell us whether posts are good or bad
- let people blow up their accounts just to get at their posting enemies

And y'all are saying these are bad ideas? Sounds like y'all just like the status quo of GBS and would prefer everything just stay the same, geez.

I know I would.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

rydiafan posted:

Didn't somebody recently pull a "I'll eat a perma if you also perma so-and-so" and the admins took them up on it?

Yes but it was a 100k probe not a perma.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It was also very funny

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Runa posted:

It was also very funny

Yeah I forget who it was but it was the only good post they'd ever made.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
What if we made a kind of waffleimages but for everyone to store and share their spreadsheets of those who have wronged them. We could cross reference all those fun datas like who reports the most, and who has made the most enemies and stuff.

Maybe even include community notes like the social media previously known as twitter? Could be interesting way to provide a sort of weird and hosed up wiki!

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Yeah I forget who it was but it was the only good post they'd ever made.

it was MS Paint deciding to gently caress up lollontee and the admins deciding they both sucked enough to go "yeah, alright"

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

syntaxfunction posted:

Wow, a feedback thread shutting down any and all ideas, what a shock :rolleyes:

So far I've had the following ideas shut down for no good reason:
- shuffling mods at random so we can experience every part of the modding system
- train an AI to tell us whether posts are good or bad
- let people blow up their accounts just to get at their posting enemies

And y'all are saying these are bad ideas? Sounds like y'all just like the status quo of GBS and would prefer everything just stay the same, geez.

I know I would.

I don't get this. It's not like you to be such an obvious troll.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Onto feedback: It looks like permabanned transphobe DriftingMouse is back in the RLM thread. I think there should be some more action taken to prevent serial re-reg-ing from permabanned users.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's indeed a downer to be presented with downer news in the threads one frequents. Thus, make me a GBS IK or mod so that I can brighten up everyone's day with posts of good news.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

LanceHunter posted:

Onto feedback: It looks like permabanned transphobe DriftingMouse is back in the RLM thread. I think there should be some more action taken to prevent serial re-reg-ing from permabanned users.

Report his posts so the mods have an easier time hitting him with the :redhammer:

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Report his posts so the mods have an easier time hitting him with the :redhammer:

Already reported. Posting about it ITT got some swifter action than the reports last time.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

LanceHunter posted:

Already reported. Posting about it ITT got some swifter action than the reports last time.

You are learning fast, young padawan.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

this is why i banned posting tweets from twitter nobodies in the cspam musk thread it made the thread much more readable when it stopped being full of goons working themselves into a frenzy over some nobody no one cared about

The endgame of a lot of mock and politics threads is posting absolute nobodies on twitter even by twitter nobody standards. The tankies thread in particular died an lol death when they had like two actual tankies left and then all the major posters turned out to be complete freaks

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

this thread was moved to cspam and it got so bad it had to be gassed. mock threads like that wear their welcome out fast and once they run out of things to laugh about they start scraping the bottom of the barrel for content and end up eating themselves

Also yeah this. Either it escalates into full on touching the poop harassment or eating each other, sometimes both.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The tankies thread in particular died an lol death when they had like two actual tankies left and then all the major posters turned out to be complete freaks

Was this specifically a thread mocking SA posters or people on twitter?

I vaguely remember the thread popping up and then getting nuked pretty fast.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Deki posted:

Was this specifically a thread mocking SA posters or people on twitter?

I vaguely remember the thread popping up and then getting nuked pretty fast.

The PYF one that stuck around rather long for an explicitly political thread there and wasn't so specific in its cause, so basically constantly relitigating podcast grudges and raising the spectre of the mythical red-brown alliance of rude new york women and bros.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The PYF one that stuck around rather long for an explicitly political thread there and wasn't so specific in its cause, so basically constantly relitigating podcast grudges and raising the spectre of the mythical red-brown alliance of rude new york women and bros.

I do think there's some grim humor to the fact that it was gassed only a couple months before Russia invaded Ukraine. The thread almost made it across the desert to an oasis but alas. But of course I'm also glad the PYF mods didn't have to deal with that particular clusterfuck.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Jul 25, 2023

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

I do think there's some grim humor to the fact that it was gassed only a couple months before Russia invaded Ukraine. The thread almost made it across the desert to an oasis but alas. But of course I'm also glad the PYF mods didn't have to deal with that particular clusterfuck.

Mods... knew?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

pyf mods in a real moment of brilliance said that if people (who wanted it gassed) kept making GBS threads it up it would get gassed so, uh, guess what happened lol

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Herstory Begins Now posted:

pyf mods in a real moment of brilliance said that if people (who wanted it gassed) kept making GBS threads it up it would get gassed so, uh, guess what happened lol

The most prominent poster in the thread getting outed as a pedophile and a couple other people defending him probably did more damage tbh

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Fajita Queen posted:

The most prominent poster in the thread getting outed as a pedophile and a couple other people defending him probably did more damage tbh

eh if the thread hadn't been a pain in the rear end for pyf mods that they clearly didn't want to have to deal with for a while i doubt that would've gotten it closed, in any other thread on the site that's just handled by nuking the person in question

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Fajita Queen posted:

Lmao, what a twist

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Herstory Begins Now posted:

eh if the thread hadn't been a pain in the rear end for pyf mods that they clearly didn't want to have to deal with for a while i doubt that would've gotten it closed, in any other thread on the site that's just handled by nuking the person in question
Don't do this.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
None of this is GBS feedback

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

None of this is GBS feedback

I'm shining the broom signal as bright as I can

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Toxic Mental posted:

My feedback is everything is good, everyone is enjoying themselves, don’t change poo poo

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Toxic Mental posted:

My feedback is everything is good, everyone is enjoying themselves, don’t change poo poo

Lol, I posted this in a previous iteration of this thread and got probed because it wasn't real feedback.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Lol, I posted this in a previous iteration of this thread and got probed because it wasn't real feedback.

thinking to probe you again for intentionally omitting context

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Jesus Christ, SAD posters need to get a life.

:edit: My feedback is that GBS is just fine and some people just need to go outside more often or something.

Lol

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

*while sat on the toilet* i'm emitting context right noe, in fact

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

that's just text at that point

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Only the most normal posters remember all the sixers they got and how unfair they were

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

It's me, I'm the galaxy brained poster who remembers things from a whole two months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i remember and cherish every single probe