Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

sweet thursday posted:

He's got that dog with him

Incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

GD_American posted:

I've always heard 15-20 feet is when the ouch factor starts to become the injury factor, so maybe 25 mph?

I used to do platform diving, and at 7.5m / 24f you're hitting hard, but you can still do a lot of things. At 10m you gotta be right.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah I’d hate to fall off. Average seems to range 55 to like 65 but I know the 300 models are modded to hit 80+ and that speeds way beyond what it takes to hurt you.

Edit the talk about speeds and water reminds me of the fake tiktok trend they claimed to kill several people

https://www.euronews.com/2023/07/19/this-boat-jumping-tiktok-challenge-went-viral-turns-out-it-was-a-hoax

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jul 25, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

My 234579 goes t9047853279 my g2335 goe 235. Who's going to make the playoffs?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

That's not what he said.

The Athletic posted:

A one-year contract wasn’t what he was looking for but probably what he needed.

“I’m thinking like this is my last year,” Beckham says. “I’m going to give it my all this year. And then if something happens after that, we can go from there.

He's on a one year contract so he's going to play as hard as he can like it were his last year in the league. Boilerplate old guy stuff.

In real news;

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1683636633935966211?t=ZJQSYR4wfJZmIHAuLz911A&s=19

The Curse of the Corvids' COVID Conditioning Coach lives on.

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jul 25, 2023

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
The performance over skill factor was bad enough with OG Jet Skis. That was in the Wild West days when no state had even considered licensing requirements for them.

Mission Bay in San Diego was pretty much a warzone. Wake jumping assholes following fishing boats headed out to sea all day long.

Finally, some 10 year old got partially decapitated by a ski rope he didn't see, and blammo 5 mph no wake buoys all the way from the launch to the Pacific. A 5 minute trip to open water became a 30 minute one.

I know there's probably been about 10 generations of PWC and the types of users since the 1980s but I can't get over my early dislike of them.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

sweet thursday posted:

If he tried to take a swing at me I would simply act like a fumbled football and watch him jump back

:lmao:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

:drat: sweet thursday showing up to training camp in peak posting form, you absolutely love to see it

And jesus christ the Ravens are losing their LONG SNAPPER to an ACL? Whatever blood god Ray Rice Ray Lewis someone in Baltimore pissed off clearly isn't satiated yet

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Docjowles posted:

Whatever blood god Ray Rice Ray Lewis someone in Baltimore pissed off clearly isn't satiated yet

I think it was actually in Atlanta.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Cthulu Carl posted:

Soon our long national nightmare will be over

Winkie gifs are allowed again?

Cavauro posted:

My 234579 goes t9047853279 my g2335 goe 235. Who's going to make the playoffs?

Pasta.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I’m way to broke to own a boat but it feels like the worst people are driving boats and any other personal water craft. I don’t need more stress.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
People who have boats really like to tell others that they have a boat

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I’m on a boat anyone remember that

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

indigi posted:

Yeah it was good

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

indigi posted:

Yeah

I have no idea how much horsepower that boat had though sorry

I imagine it was real fast!

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

indigi posted:

My dick is in a box. Seriously, I'm stuck, someone call 911

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

soggybagel posted:

I’m way to broke to own a boat but it feels like the worst people are driving boats and any other personal water craft. I don’t need more stress.

I know everyone says this but having a friend with a boat is the way to live life. Then when he/she inevitably complains that it's a huge money pit and BOAT stands for "bust out another thousand" you can just nod sagely as you sip your beer during a beautiful day on the water and chip in for gas.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Yeah it was good

:haibrower: If you didn't think that was funny when it came out I don't know what to tell you, try living a more joyful life

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Cat Hassler posted:

People who have boats really like to tell others that they have a boat

Ex-boat owners are more smug than ex-smokers

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1683794241754140672?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

either the RBs just got ratfucked, or there's some aspect beyond the additional $900k in this reported deal

i know it's rapoport but "gives himself a chance to beat the franchise tag" is a great bit

stuker fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Jul 25, 2023

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

(holds hammer over knee) that's a nice knee I've got there. Shame if....something were to happen to it

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Presumably there's a no-tag clause in there?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

soggybagel posted:

Jet ski people and pontoon boat people are the bottom tier

Good for Barkley. Or the Giants? Seems like the tend for RBs is making itself more apparent - current top RB contacts https://overthecap.com/position

Edit 2 in other news - Detroit’s kicking tires on Bridgewater https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1683593134163517440?s=20

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jul 25, 2023

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

tarbrush posted:

Presumably there's a no-tag clause in there?

Nope. Not according to Vacchiano

https://twitter.com/ralphvacchiano/status/1683799725483474945?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he made 31 mil and already needed a 2m bonus asap. if he hires me i will help him

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Diva Cupcake posted:

Nope. Not according to Vacchiano

So this is all going to happen again next year without the benefit of the 20% tag surcharge. What a dumb contract

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

tarbrush posted:

So this is all going to happen again next year without the benefit of the 20% tag surcharge. What a dumb contract

ah yeah, completely forgot about that aspect (though who knows if the CBA covers that for post-tag situations like that i guess)

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1683809137807749121
even forgetting the overall positional contract situation this doesn't seem like saquon won much of anything

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

For reference, the RB franchise tag salary is $10.1 million.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

He traded his ability to be franchised again next year without a 20% kicker, for $2m upfront and $1m in incentives based on thresholds he didn't reach last year.

Should have just signed his tender.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Diva Cupcake posted:

He traded his ability to be franchised again next year without a 20% kicker, for $2m upfront and $1m in incentives based on thresholds he didn't reach last year.

Yeah. Also pretty sure the tag contract is garunteed for injury. That's fire your agent immediately bad.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

tarbrush posted:

Yeah. Also pretty sure the tag contract is garunteed for injury. That's fire your agent immediately bad.

This is after a bunch of elite RBs had a meeting to talk about their pay devaluing, wtf Saquon lol

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

fsif posted:

For reference, the RB franchise tag salary is $10.1 million.

So they snared him with a bunch of fake incentives? The NFLPA really needs to get them on the same tag as WRs.

Edit: Tim Patrick, Michael Thomas, MVS, and Brandin Cooks all making $10 mil this year.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Cavauro posted:

he made 31 mil and already needed a 2m bonus asap. if he hires me i will help him

this seems like the only explanation beyond agent negligence lmao

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I thought the franchise negotiation window closed mid month.

E: yeah it closed July 17.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Giants winning the NFC East and the Super Bowl babby

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

I thought the franchise negotiation window closed mid month.

E: yeah it closed July 17.
I think the deadline only applies to multi-year deals since there's really no point in re-working a fully guaranteed 1 year offer unless like Saquon you're broke and need $2m now?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Mothers, don't let your sons grow up to be running backs.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

https://twitter.com/TankWilliams13/status/1683818880488308736

wow, much to consider

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Or better, continue holding out for more $$$.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Ayudo posted:

So they snared him with a bunch of fake incentives? The NFLPA really needs to get them on the same tag as WRs.

Edit: Tim Patrick, Michael Thomas, MVS, and Brandin Cooks all making $10 mil this year.

Getting them on the WR tag won't do anything except get them released and have to accept lesser FA contracts