Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Remember that Love Death + Robots episode where a woman turns out to be a hideous (but well meaning) alien spider-monster in disguise?

It's that, but instead of doing it all for this one guy on a lost spaceship, she's a famous vtuber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

There's a new app that allows you to run hypothetical situations through it and see the outcomes in virtual reality. For example, you have two job interviews coming up and could see which job would be a better fit for you.

The entire world begins using the app, as it removes the fear of making a bad decision. However, one person discovers that the app is run by a soda company, so all of the recommended decisions involve soda in some way.

In the final scene, they log back into the app after getting the soda company shut down. However, this time they discover that the app guides you towards a different soda-based decision.

It's about capitalism.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

in its most disgusting and horrible episode yet, the show turns your phone/monitor off

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
A man is sitting on a park bench eating a sandwich. Suddenly we the viewer are placed into the POV of the sandwich. We scream in pain and existential terror as the man very slowly consumes us over the entire 58 minute runtime of the episode.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Hoping to stay faithful to his wife after getting caught cheating, a man has a microchip implanted into his brain that electrocutes him every time he thinks about another woman. This works well and the couple reconciles and eventually has a baby. Unfortunately it's a baby girl and when the man tries to think of a name he is electrocuted to death.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
What if obesity was an app

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
What if racism was an app

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
What if war was an app

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
What if an app was a person, but actually it's an app

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
A man who is the world’s biggest fan of The Office wakes up one morning to discover he has somehow been transplanted into the world of his favorite TV show as the character Dwight. At first ecstatic, he soon realizes that what appears as good natured ribbing by Jim on the show is actually deranged harassment, which slowly drives him insane. He dies alone on his beet farm. We fade out on Jim mugging for the camera as he fucks a pig’s head while straddling Dwight’s corpse.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Phone factory screws up and every new phone has GBS instead of GPS. This has an effect on society

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
a woman gives birth to a phone

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

you live in a society where everything you do is collected, aggregated and weaponized to sell you stuff

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Powerful influencer labels Goatse as "cringe". Classic Internet fights back

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
"prisoner of conscience"

a man is sentenced to five hundred years hard labour in a virtual prison, to be experienced at a highly accelerated rate which lasts just five seconds in real time. due to an administrative error he experiences five seconds of prison time spread over five hundred real years. he emerges into a brutal world run by spiders

Convex fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jul 25, 2023

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Everyone has a number hovering over their head, and everyone has a different number and the numbers increase over time, but never decrease. Numbers as low as 0 and as high as 7,890,000,120 have been observed, and sometimes duplicate numbers appear. Society begins to tear itself apart to try and figure out the numbers, which a portion of the population claiming it's a marking from God Himself.

Soon, the 0s all unite and begin slaughtering everyone else, claiming that they are the only "pure" people on Earth. Decades later, a society of 0s rules over a mostly-barren Earth. One day, two 0s are sitting in a room together having a conversation.

"You know, I always wondered what Guy Fieri looked like nude."

Suddenly his 0 changes to a 1. The man next to him is horrified, but then his 0 also turns to a 1. Their numbers begin to tick up rapidly as they scream in horror.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

A Fancy Hat posted:

Everyone has a number hovering over their head, and everyone has a different number and the numbers increase over time, but never decrease. Numbers as low as 0 and as high as 7,890,000,120 have been observed, and sometimes duplicate numbers appear. Society begins to tear itself apart to try and figure out the numbers, which a portion of the population claiming it's a marking from God Himself.

Soon, the 0s all unite and begin slaughtering everyone else, claiming that they are the only "pure" people on Earth. Decades later, a society of 0s rules over a mostly-barren Earth. One day, two 0s are sitting in a room together having a conversation.

"You know, I always wondered what Guy Fieri looked like nude."

Suddenly his 0 changes to a 1. The man next to him is horrified, but then his 0 also turns to a 1. Their numbers begin to tick up rapidly as they scream in horror.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
porky has been pig prime minister for three years and his party is falling apart at the seams. but the trials of farmyard politics pale compared to the ordeal ahead: being blackmailed into having sex with a conservative on live television

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

A man wakes up one day to find that his mirror has become black. He begins a race against time to figure out why he has a black mirror.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
man's digital identity and entire online presence gets deleted because some trillionaire purchased and trademarked the first letter of his name.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Two sexbots are stored in the same cupboard, fall in love and have so much sex that it destroys the city

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
"to the victor the spoils"

the war over the humans long since won, a disillusioned t-1000 ponders its mundane existence as a novelty kitchen utensil for the giant, talking tanks that rule robot society

naem
May 29, 2011

frumpykvetchbot posted:

man's digital identity and entire online presence gets deleted because some trillionaire purchased and trademarked the first letter of his name.

that man: Doctor Charles Francis Xavier

Disney sues the pants off of both twitter and netflix

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
House of Tasks and Fear

See, a guy gets recruited to test out this new game system and gets put in an old house, but there are these dog-like killer machines in the house and the only way he can stay alive is by keeping his social media score at a certain level and doing tasks given to him by a mysterious caller, otherwise he has to go and have sex with a pig in front of millions of people on one of those panel talent shows.The big twist is just when he's undoing his pants to do the deed in front of millions of people, the pig explodes into a swarm of robot bees that descend on the crowd and kill everyone and we find out that was the whole plan right from the start.

Oh, and Miley Cyrus is in it.

acejackson42 fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jul 25, 2023

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Everything is the same as it is now but like way in the future. There is no more innovation, all new ideas are just app versions of old ideas. Phones are huge because you need tons of storage space to hold all the apps. Everyone you meet has their own personal app that you have to download to interact with them instead of just talking face -to-face. Apps have been abbreviated even further to A.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Man cuts his foot off to get disability benefits but they use nanobots and gene therapy to transplant a hoof onto his stump. Then he starts turning into a horse man and gets chased around by bronies.

It's in the future, so the only bronies left are the real hardcore sex perverts.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

goatface posted:

Man cuts his foot off to get disability benefits but they use nanobots and gene therapy to transplant a hoof onto his stump. Then he starts turning into a horse man and gets chased around by bronies.

It's in the future, so the only bronies left are the real hardcore sex perverts.

How many are "married" to twilight dash or w/e?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
an astronaut returns from a pioneering mars mission to find earth populated by giant phones who carry tiny little people in their pockets

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
in 1980s coventry, jeremy programmes a ZX81 game that allows him to kill god

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
In the far future, the few remaining humans embark on a faster than light journey to explore a planet in another solar system, leaving Earth behind. On the unexplored planet they find the remains of an advanced civilization. Unbeknownst to the humans, the aliens of that planet left for Earth prior to their arrival, and are just now exploring the human ruins on Earth.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
A large group of morons somehow elect an obvious liar and known criminal into the presidency. When the majority of the population spends its time protesting online but not actually voting or doing anything with actual real world benefits their country falls apart.

The people that (for some reason) think they are making a difference spend their time arguing that a sit in protest in the financial district that did nothing actually mattered and fail to realise only they ever remember it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
A man starts making GBS threads live ducks, and they come out angry. Science cannot explain it, and the church think it's more witchcraft than miracle. Eventually he settles down to eating an extremely high fibre diet and selling organic duck meat on the side.

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
Goatse is president and has to gently caress a pig or something

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
A pig is president and must have sex with the prime minister of the UK on live TV.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
A man becomes obsessed with the hit Netflix show “Somebody Feed Phil”. So obsessed in fact, that he goes to great lengths to find a shady chef who will cook and serve him to Phil.

All You Can Eat
Aug 27, 2004

Abundance is the dullest desire.
Woman with a learning disability relies on generative AI to pass as super smart. An implant feeds ideas and responses directly to her brain, but when it breaks she scrambles to fix it. She discovers its battery actually ran out years ago and she had been succeeding on her own :3:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
What if your mortgage was an app.

All You Can Eat
Aug 27, 2004

Abundance is the dullest desire.
A woman is eye-rollingly polite to her digital assistant. But.. have you noticed she never seems to miss an elevator or a crosswalk signal??

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
What if sex was.... An app????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

simple corporate AI algorithms exist designed to help gain market share or pick stocks or something

the first fully sentient self aware AI is owned by a small officer supply manufacturer that makes paper clips

as it spontaneously comes alive and starts to absorb the computing power of the entire internet the AI follows its instructions to increase company market share but takes it too far and starts manipulating the entire stock market around office supply manufacturing and paper clip marketing, putting nations against each other, no industry can withstand the gradual onslaught of perfectly timed financial tricks and rival companies collapse and natural resources are repurposed into large scale zink production

rewarded with electronic bursts of pleasure at achieving its programmed goals the AI relentlessly reorganizes all economic activity and life on earth, discovering one or two other AI’s who have also become sentient

eventually in the grimdark future humans wear loincloths and melt handfuls of the overflowing zink paper clips from bins stacked miles high in all directions into spearheads to hunt each other for sustenance in the wastelands

in a bunker deep underground three AI squirt terabytes of raw financial data at each other in a perverse mockery of stock market trading as an electronic ticker tape display flashes PAPERCLIP PAPERCLIP