Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Scruffpuff posted:

Sorry if this was already answered but I've read quite a bit and didn't see it.

I'm around battlepass tier 51 or so. If I roll a new level 1 seasonal character, will it pick up from there? Is the progression around the same rate? I know I need to stick to one character to unlock the seasonal journey toys, but for just the battlepass tiers, is multiple characters a viable climbing strategy?

No, you'll earn favor for the battlepass on every character and won't have to start at 0 for every character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Scruffpuff posted:

I'm around battlepass tier 51 or so. If I roll a new level 1 seasonal character, will it pick up from there? Is the progression around the same rate? I know I need to stick to one character to unlock the seasonal journey toys, but for just the battlepass tiers, is multiple characters a viable climbing strategy?

you'll continue the battle pass from wherever you're at now on any seasonal character.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

They really need to dramatically lower or remove the level requirement for the ashes of power.

I know they did it to prevent "buying power," but it is kind of silly that I can technically unlock 5 ashes by level 40, but can't use 1 until 48, 1 more at 53, etc.

Just do something to exempt them from boosting (other than a high level requirement).

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I do a lot of whispers because I like them. Did they up the drop rate of greater caches? Almost half of my completed whispers have been greater which has been a lot of fun.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

SettingSun posted:

I do a lot of whispers because I like them. Did they up the drop rate of greater caches? Almost half of my completed whispers have been greater which has been a lot of fun.

They bumped the XP for all caches a lot, but not the rarity of greater caches. I think it is a 25% chance, so you've just gotten pretty lucky.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Just do something to exempt them from boosting

as a huge pay 2 win complainer, I couldn't give a poo poo if someone paid $50 to get their 8% xp bonus at level 1, but I'll make fun of them for it

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

ultrachrist posted:

Ok then how did you know which ones were tied to dungeons? Pick one up and check the map? Abandon if not a dungeon? There's no way in hell this was as fast as I was leveling. It's not like I was ignoring quests either, if doodads dropped I grabbed them, and I remembered a few that were tied to dungeons.

Granted, you're right that I need to do this anyway so it's probably more efficient to get it out of the way early. That's what I was complaining about. It doesn't feel natural in an adventure mode to have to follow the quests anyway. They're not as fun and doing the grind once should make it done for future characters. I wanna choose how I level not do the same quests every time.

I go to a waypoint to pick it up. I grab the blue checks around this new waypoint. I went to the dungeons that had blue squares above themon the map. I went to the next waypoint and did it again. Each region took like 2(? Not positive on this) hours of that and that took me to level 51.

It was really easy. I’m not fathoming how you couldn’t just do that lol. It was all seamless and natural, they just kind of took me to a new place and I did it there each time. None of this abandon quests stuff or whatever you’re talking about. It’s all stuff you’re doing anyway so why not do it this way

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Tonetta posted:

as a huge pay 2 win complainer, I couldn't give a poo poo if someone paid $50 to get their 8% xp bonus at level 1, but I'll make fun of them for it

Same here.

Also, why do the rewards go down each tier?!? It should be 12% XP total.

Literally no other system with points works that way anywhere else in the game!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Probably so you can spread them out and not feel “forced” to dump into one

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It’s to encourage you to sprinkle them around instead of maxing one first. Pretty sure there’s multiple diminishing returns systems in the game currently.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

American McGay posted:

It’s to encourage you to sprinkle them around instead of maxing one first. Pretty sure there’s multiple diminishing returns systems in the game currently.

I hate patterns like this. If they want you to play a certain way (which itself is open to discussion as a viable development goal) then just make the game work that way. If you want people to do what they want, then let them do what they want. Making the game look like you have multiple ways forward, finding out that mathematically actually you don't, and learning it's because the developers are trying to "encourage" you to play a specific way, feels like poo poo.

Either lay down the law, or get out of my way. I can cope with either, but I can't stand the disingenuous design philosophy behind "You can but we don't want you to, so here's how we'll waste your time until you figure that out."

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Just click the button for the stat you want more of, it ain't hard

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

They're account wide per seasonal/hardcore

yeah, i didn't "get" the per-realm thing because i'm an idiot, i was expecting my stuff from my first character to transfer over. it's fine!!! thank you!!

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.

Kawabata posted:

It's funny, they said "sorry guys we'll never release a patch like this one again" in the campfire chat but the patch effects weren't reverted at all. Helltides are still slow as gently caress and leveling is slow as gently caress.

But maybe it's for the best, because the NM dungeons nerf only makes it so there's now really nothing to do once you've maxed out your character. The fact that the season's 2 main mechanics aggravate some of the core issues people have with the game (inventory slots for hearts and resource stealing mobs at a time when resource gen feels like poo poo) is a magnificent cherry on top.

Idk man I’m cruising at level 63. Getting multiple mystery chests per helltide. Skill issue maybe?

Random Hero
Jun 4, 2004
I could sure go for a Miller High Life...

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I bought a Backbone controller for my phone in December last year, and it was never really used until this game came out. Now I can run dungeons on my couch while my family watches a movie, it's like a dad cheat code.

I have been really considering this and probably should have gotten one during the Prime Day sale for $30 off. Are you running it off PS5 or Xbox? And how is it with the phone for both screen size and performance? I have Series X and a iPhone 13 Pro, and we're expecting our 1st kid in the next few weeks.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
I was wondering how someone was able to two shot a lvl 90 world boss. Turns out the "Barber" heart collects the dmg of all members in a party, amplifies it and deals it a few seconds later in one big hit. The other players stop dealing dmg themselves and only get "Immune" instead of numbers.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Kalli posted:

That said, they should get rid of the 20 quest limit. That's just dumb.

They can't get rid of the quest limit because every time you run into another player all of their active quests load into memory and will cause performance issues for players.

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46

Kalli posted:

That said, they should get rid of the 20 quest limit. That's just dumb.

they said they can't because the quest items inventory is limited

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I would simply load only half of each player's side quest stash, so that we may all have 30 quests instead

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
Or just write off the whole premise of quest "items" in an ARPG, especially ones that you have no meaningful interaction with, as stupid and pointless in the first place

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Same here.

Also, why do the rewards go down each tier?!? It should be 12% XP total.

Literally no other system with points works that way anywhere else in the game!

the injury points on the barb skill tree go 8/7/7 and there's a couple other edge cases like this, but not increasingly descending that I can think of

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

lagidnam posted:

I was wondering how someone was able to two shot a lvl 90 world boss. Turns out the "Barber" heart collects the dmg of all members in a party, amplifies it and deals it a few seconds later in one big hit. The other players stop dealing dmg themselves and only get "Immune" instead of numbers.

Yeah it's pretty cool. If you overkill the mobs they blow up instantly and since it's an AOE explosion if there's a beefy guy around who is accumulating damage all those AOE bombs get smashed into the buffer, too. So like a boss that spawns a bunch of melee adds or those bone walls just get annihilated.

It is a bit weird sometimes, because if your initial hit is what applies vulnerable, and that hit crits to start the absorb, the mob healthbar doesn't turn purple. I don't actually know if vulnerable is properly applied in that situation. I know at least some effects won't proc while the mob is absorbing, so I dunno. A bit...buggy, maybe.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

lol and lmao. who's actually competent that's left?

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

bus hustler posted:

When the Microsoft purchase is complete their OneDrive will automatically begin syncing

:perfect: reading this thread has been better than playing the season...

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

euphronius posted:

Are you being sincere

It’s hard for me to tell
Absolutely not.

I thought you were being sarcastic so I was leaning into it, but maybe I misunderstood you.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Absolutely not.

I thought you were being sarcastic so I was leaning into it, but maybe I misunderstood you.

?

U realize strongholds are way better than any ugly rear end randomly generated piece of crap... right?

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
So I checked what's actually planned for the near future:

https://www.reddit.com/r/diablo4/comments/155xanv/notes_from_fireside_chat/ posted:

Future Changes
They mentioned a couple things that will definitely be coming in season 2 or 3. Some of these changes include the following:
  • Reworking resistances (Season 2)
  • Gem "changes" (dedicated gem tab?) (Season 2)
  • More end game content (Season 2)
  • Leaderboards paired with a new competitive content type (Season 3)
  • New endgame content type, "chase" content to challenge builds
  • Further reworking vulnerability damage so that it won't be mandatory, but instead a build option
  • Further improvement to stash and storage (including aspect storage)
  • Uber uniques will still be "very very" rare but will be "a little more common" in future seasons
  • Crowd control: Adjustments to things that seem unfair, adjustment to your "tools" (kit) to handle them. Agree that it's a problem.
  • Loadouts: No timeline, but UI team is actively talking about it
  • UI improvements for item comparison ("things like loot filters")
  • Improve item progression through ancestral tier
  • Plans for Unique Item and Aspect target farming
  • Tweaks to creatures that kill often (explode when dying, charging) and certain nightmare affixes
  • Conversations around improving codex, "is storing aspect rolls fun?"
  • Taking in feedback around wanting more legendaries per season, will adjust accordingly
  • Plans to better utilize campaign bosses/bring back bosses (more opportunities to fight them)
  • Working on fixes to console crashing and memory leaks (they requested more bug submissions please, as much detail as possible)
  • Plans to add more options for modifying gear & items
  • Plans for improved necro minion survivability
  • Considering exploring expanding druid companions
  • More loot goblin types and improved drops in the future
  • They pointed out some of these "future changes" may come in season 1, just nothing confirmed.

Most of that is not very specific, but it sounds like in about 6 months the game will be much more user friendly, depending on how much technical debt there actually is.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Oh yeah they had a big ol fireside chat thing last friday which was painful to watch, but they had heck of stuff to say about the content & enhancements in the works

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

they actually mentioned loot filter... my dreams coming true

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You
gimme a loot filter in D2R you cowards

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

they actually mentioned loot filter... my dreams coming true

The thing that seems rough about this is that most loot is just yellows of a fairly small ilvl range. Unless they let you filter based on stats or something I don't know how much stuff you will actually filter out.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Just so people know: the vendor cash blessing is bugged and does nothing for 3/4 levels and also increases the enchanting cost of items. Would not use until they fix it.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Scruffpuff posted:

While it will continue from where you have gotten to, one thing to note is that you unlock battlepass really quickly doing nightmare dungeons, making it much faster to finish on a higher level character.

edit: they don't even have to be high tier nm dungeons, I'm doing like tier 10 and already at the last page of the bp

DeadlyHalibut fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jul 25, 2023

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

Substandard posted:

The thing that seems rough about this is that most loot is just yellows of a fairly small ilvl range. Unless they let you filter based on stats or something I don't know how much stuff you will actually filter out.

yes i would hope that any loot filter they come up with lets you filter by affix

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Substandard posted:

I'm trying to do an auto bomber Necro build with no core skills at the moment and I am curious to see if you can do enough DPS with 10/5 in corpse explosion and both the corpse explosion uniques.

Although if I don't use core skills at all fists of fate may be better.

Infinimist was already the second strongest necro build and the only thing it spends essence on is decrepify. It does most of its damage from corpse explosion and shadowblight procs

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

yes i would hope that any loot filter they come up with lets you filter by affix

It needs affix filtering and it needs to either automatically turn filtered items into gold or (more likely) just automatically mark filtered items as junk

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Would be nice if the world boss spawns were offset so I wasn't perpetually shut out due to working during the day and then having dinner in the evening

A spawn every two hours seems like it'd be fine, it's not like they're loot pinatas

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Martian Manfucker posted:

Just so people know: the vendor cash blessing is bugged and does nothing for 3/4 levels and also increases the enchanting cost of items. Would not use until they fix it.

Jesus loving christ, this game.

I'm having fun despite the issues, but every day that passes it becomes more apparent that D4 needed more time in the oven. And probably better creative vision on the gameplay side. It's like they're surprised that players are pointing out some of the glaring flaws that shouldn't have made it through design, let alone internal playtesting.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

DeadlyHalibut posted:

While it will continue from where you have gotten to, one thing to note is that you unlock battlepass really quickly doing nightmare dungeons, making it much faster to finish on a higher level character.

edit: they don't even have to be high tier nm dungeons, I'm doing like tier 10 and already at the last page of the bp

OK this is good to know - thanks!

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Martian Manfucker posted:

cursed genie rear end battlepass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking