Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

kiimo posted:

What will Toney be able to do without training camp and a lot of reps

what if he only gets us *reads list*

a Super Bowl win

He probably wants to get paid at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

For sure. That's a different conversation. Dude can't stay healthy and this surgery is for cartilage he already had repaired and re-injured

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1683974115508772864?t=Iabd31q5hJ1Y0JUlE0S3bw&s=19

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Hard to blame a team like the Chargers for massively overpaying him.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Hell yeah

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

three posted:

Hard to blame a team like the Chargers for massively overpaying him.

You literally can't overpay a franchise QB the deals are paint by numbers.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Especially if you're the Chargers trying to get a foothold on LA fanship. You can't let that guy leave.

Also if not him then who

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1683976266377216000

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That's incredible.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Now do Burrow

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Mahomes is now the 8th highest paid QB and still has 9 years left on his deal.

gently caress I hate the KC front office

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

They will redo it for sure. That was always the plan

three
Aug 9, 2007

mcmagic posted:

You literally can't overpay a franchise QB the deals are paint by numbers.

If your quarterback hasn't gotten you a playoff win by the time he gets his next contract, that's not great.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Mahomes is now the 8th highest paid QB and still has 9 years left on his deal.

gently caress I hate the KC front office

kiimo posted:

They will redo it for sure.

Yeah there's no way that holds unless the Chiefs have gotten into the paying Tom Brady under the table game.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Mahomes is making more from endorsements than his NFL deal. He can afford to be making 40m a year and still be just fine. As long as the chiefs spend that on O-Line, I’m guessing he’s fine with it not ever being the highest ever again.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

three posted:

If your quarterback hasn't gotten you a playoff win by the time he gets his next contract, that's not great.

Lmao

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

three posted:

Baker: confirmed good

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Burrow is going to get a billion

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Took some time figuring out Over The Cap and looking at the starting QB's for the 2023 NFL season.

I now want Brock Purdy to win it all for the pure comedy.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Tim Whatley posted:

280 Million if it's a 5 year deal, I'd guess

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The Northwestern hazing poo poo is unreal

b. Running 170. A “run” or “running” consists of a group of players forcibly holding down a nonconsenting teammate and rubbing their genital areas against the teammate’s genitals, face, and buttocks while rocking back and forth without consent from the teammate. 171. “Running” was an act performed by one or more players to assert their dominance. 172. Running would happen in many different circumstances at Camp Kenosha. Most ominously, in the dorms. 173. It was well known by the Freshmen Wildcats as threatened by the older Wildcats that you were going to “get ran” at camp. 174. Freshmen Wildcats were encouraged to keep their doors unlocked because upperclassmen Wildcats would be coming to their rooms and “running them.” 175. For those that locked their doors, they were warned that eventually, they would get caught and “ran.” 176. Many Freshman Wildcats left their doors open and took their “runnings” without a fight, believing it was better to give in early than live in constant fear. 177. However, even those who did not resist were not safe from repeated “runnings.” 178. Freshman would remain on the field longer at camp than upper classmen, to learn the fight song.

“Car Wash” 229. Most, if not all players, were also subject to the “Car Wash” during their time at the camp in Kenosha. 230. During this event, the larger players would line up in two parallel lines, leaving little room between them, in the middle of the small shower, loudly chanting and singing the song “Car Wash,” a famous song by Rose Royce. 231. The “Car Wash” would consist of anywhere between ten and twenty upperclassmen who stood naked at the entrance to the shower and would lather themselves up with soap. The “Car Wash” Players would squirt soap on the players in the line while they spun in circles. 14 https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ng/70441175007/ 28 232. New players were forced to strip naked and walk through the middle of the “car wash” in order to get to the showers while being smothered and forced to walk penis to penis or penis to butt with the players in the line.

There's so much poo poo in here I don't know where to begin. Page 20 it gets wild

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://bencrump.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/Complaint-Yates-1.pdf

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

three posted:

Well good news is the contract likely doesn't actually kick in till 2024, so they have one more chance to win a Saturday night WildCard game.

three
Aug 9, 2007

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Baker: confirmed good

Even Baker could do it, exactly.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

Well good news is the contract likely doesn't actually kick in till 2024, so they have one more chance to win a Saturday night WildCard game.

It's gonna be against the loving Jags again isn't it

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

kiimo posted:

b. Running 170. A “run” or “running” consists of a group of players forcibly holding down a nonconsenting teammate and rubbing their genital areas against the teammate’s genitals, face, and buttocks while rocking back and forth without consent from the teammate. 171. “Running” was an act performed by one or more players to assert their dominance. 172. Running would happen in many different circumstances at Camp Kenosha. Most ominously, in the dorms. 173. It was well known by the Freshmen Wildcats as threatened by the older Wildcats that you were going to “get ran” at camp. 174. Freshmen Wildcats were encouraged to keep their doors unlocked because upperclassmen Wildcats would be coming to their rooms and “running them.” 175. For those that locked their doors, they were warned that eventually, they would get caught and “ran.” 176. Many Freshman Wildcats left their doors open and took their “runnings” without a fight, believing it was better to give in early than live in constant fear. 177. However, even those who did not resist were not safe from repeated “runnings.” 178. Freshman would remain on the field longer at camp than upper classmen, to learn the fight song.

“Car Wash” 229. Most, if not all players, were also subject to the “Car Wash” during their time at the camp in Kenosha. 230. During this event, the larger players would line up in two parallel lines, leaving little room between them, in the middle of the small shower, loudly chanting and singing the song “Car Wash,” a famous song by Rose Royce. 231. The “Car Wash” would consist of anywhere between ten and twenty upperclassmen who stood naked at the entrance to the shower and would lather themselves up with soap. The “Car Wash” Players would squirt soap on the players in the line while they spun in circles. 14 https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ng/70441175007/ 28 232. New players were forced to strip naked and walk through the middle of the “car wash” in order to get to the showers while being smothered and forced to walk penis to penis or penis to butt with the players in the line.

There's so much poo poo in here I don't know where to begin. Page 20 it gets wild

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://bencrump.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/Complaint-Yates-1.pdf

Nerd school.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

Yeah we've been talking about it in the NCAA thread.

It's wild to think that...well first off they thought they could get away with a two week suspension in June. But also wild that there was apparently some real thought as to hiring Pat Fitzgerald as an NFL coach a couple of years ago.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

It's gonna be against the loving Jags again isn't it
You know it!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you guys do realize mahomes doesn't even need more money?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Cavauro posted:

He's got a brother to sponge off him unless he goes to jail

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Cavauro posted:

He's gonna get his money. They will probably redo his deal every year for the rest of his career.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Cavauro posted:

Patrick is going to right an ultimate wrong performed against his family name: use his immense fortune to remove Jack Morris from the baseball hall of fame

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

mcmagic posted:

He's gonna get his money. They will probably redo his deal every year for the rest of his career.
Nah but they will tack on some extra years at some and give him a raise in the process.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Tim Whatley posted:

Not with Cinci because the Bengals are too poor to pay him

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah there's no way that holds unless the Chiefs have gotten into the paying Tom Brady under the table game.

I mean he did just launch an NFT

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

mahomes has generational wealth already. he has zero interest in re-doing his deal. 40/yr until the contract ends. then he will take 5 million less per year as he gets older and declines

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Hey do y'all know he used to play basketball

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
He also used to play football

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

kiimo posted:

maybe if they spent less time figuring out ways to assault each other they would have won more than one game

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

So do these turn blue when my beer is cold or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I sorta understand the urge to give the new guys a hard time but why is hazing always so gay