Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

just to confirm for sanity check, i have e6 serval. if i have ult up on her turn but the enemies aren't shocked yet, i should still be ulting before skilling, right? the free shock on ult from her eidolon should be triggering before the ult damage thereby boosting it, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Futaba Anzu posted:

just to confirm for sanity check, i have e6 serval. if i have ult up on her turn but the enemies aren't shocked yet, i should still be ulting before skilling, right? the free shock on ult from her eidolon should be triggering before the ult damage thereby boosting it, right?

I'm not 100% sure, but you should ult before skill anyway. The ult will apply shock which will go off when she skills which will regenerate a ton of energy.

Say there's 4 enemies. You ult and all 4 get hit with shock and you regenerate 5 energy. Then you skill which regenerates 50 energy because of her E2. Then all 4 enemies go which regenerates another 20 energy. Skill again and your ult is up already. The fewer the enemies the slower the turn around, but that just means Serval is killing poo poo.

You could even basic attack on turn 2 since you only need 25 energy at this point and your basic will hit all enemies and generate 40 energy.

Edit: Mathe is wrong, it's 4 energy per enemy not 5. That's still 46 after ult into and 16 on the enemies turn for 62 so you need a second skill for an immediate ult. Still cracked.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jul 25, 2023

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Futaba Anzu posted:

Yes, the shock is applied first and activates her talent and eidolons on the ult damage.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Thanks for clarifying. I never paid enough attention. I just know Serval go bzz.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Regarding some earlier chat about characters and voices, Kafka's English VA isn't traditionally an anime/game actor, but a live action TV actress, so there's probably some oddities there trying to do a character like that one. Could be a whole lot worse though. Her JP VA is an industry veteran though Shizuka Ito who does that sort of character all the time. Jing Liu's English Voice Acting which came up is done by a Vtuber who has been doing do anime/game voice over work and who's avatar is a super villain character so that kind of tracks that she'd do a voice like that for the character. Her JP voice actor is also an industry veteran, Houko Kuwashima, who has even been in some live action Tokusatsu stuff so she knows her way around things as well.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

this is of course bias because i can't dissect the intricacies of jp/kr/cn voices not being fully fluent in them, but the issue i always have with a lot of en voice actors especially in games is that they often feel like they're trying to put on a voice mimicking the Idea of a voice that exists. like phantylia just sounds like someone deliberately trying to sound sultry instead of embodying an actual sultry voice.
now one thing i would add on though is that i actually hadn't heard kafka's en voice before the previous time this discussion got brought up, and actually listening to it her voice avoids this effect pretty well and feels like a natural voice that exists which I like. I might not say it entirely fits her since I'm so much more used to the jp version by now, but I think her en voice is pretty good all things considered.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
The idea that Jing Yuan is bad is an incredibly bizarre take. JY is still one of the top MoC damage dealers in the game at this juncture.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Kafka's voice is... Fine.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

Meowywitch posted:

Kafka's is... Fine.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Managed to 2 star Xianzhou 5, putting me at 12. Progress!

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Maybe it's because I'm not really an "anime guy" but I find MOST of the voices in this game horribly annoying. Like there are so many high-pitched chipmunk voices that drive me up a loving wall. I mean the sounds coming out of March 7th are not anything an actual human being should ever make. Both Dan and the Male MC have this nasally congested wheezing quality to them that trigger some weird psychosomatic worry in me that I'm having trouble breathing.

Gepard and Serval are like the only two voices I can think of off hand that sound like actual people. I guess Welt sounds pretty normal too, but he occasionally has a youthful quality to his lines that belies the wise old mentor style of his character.

E: just nit-picking. Still enjoy the game a lot.

Symphoric fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jul 26, 2023

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Got rank 65 today. Haven't been able to compare difficulty for stuff yet, though.

I'm guessing the main upgrade with artifacts is that you only get 4* or higher without the 3* mixed in. It'll be worth it for the increased relic XP, if nothing else.

Shinji2015 posted:

I am convinced that Adler is a curio ghost specifically haunting the Trailblazer.

But yeah, I really do like the creepy haunted vibe of the Ghosts of the Past dailies. Fits right in with all the other creepy poo poo you encounter in Belobog

I hate when it makes me bully the ghost. I'm pretty sure there have been at least a couple situations where both dialogue options are variations on stuff like "lol of course you can't eat, silly! you don't even exist!"

Feel bad for the ghosts, even though I think they're not supposed to be sapient and are instead like the "AI version of ghosts" where they're just these models based off of past people.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jul 26, 2023

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Ytlaya posted:

Got rank 65 today. Haven't been able to compare difficulty for stuff yet, though.

I'm guessing the main upgrade with artifacts is that you only get 4* or higher without the 3* mixed in. It'll be worth it for the increased relic XP, if nothing else.

I hate when it makes me bully the ghost. I'm pretty sure there have been at least a couple situations where both dialogue options are variations on stuff like "lol of course you can't eat, silly! you don't even exist!"

Feel bad for the ghosts, even though I think they're not supposed to be sapient and are instead like the "AI version of ghosts" where they're just these models based off of past people.

The main upgrade is that you have a chance at 3 5* lol.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Relic farming is just poo poo. Decided to do 2 runs and got a bunch of nothing. Even wasted a bunch of material to build something but I at least got some sick attack boots for Quinque.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I just started playing the game and I am at a snow planet and the story seems interesting enough I sincerely would like to avoid the incoming grind

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Got lucky with relic farming and landed some adequate gear, then got some decent rolls.

Now my stinky sword boy is my 2nd hypercarry. Strictly speaking, might be better than my Seele.

Walla posted:

Relic farming is just poo poo. Decided to do 2 runs and got a bunch of nothing. Even wasted a bunch of material to build something but I at least got some sick attack boots for Quinque.

It does suck because you can just roll hit garbage, but even a mediocre set with good primary rolls leveled to 15, even if you miss every sub stat, takes a character from passable to impressive.

Mile'ionaha fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jul 26, 2023

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Shinjobi posted:

I just started playing the game and I am at a snow planet and the story seems interesting enough I sincerely would like to avoid the incoming grind

You will finish snow planet before the grind closes in.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
All of my characters end up with a single janky relic unless their set is part of a more desirable event, because at some point it is not worth farming for a single slot if the second set on the banner is not useful also. I think my level 80 Welt is still using a 3* hat because farming that banner is a waste of trailblazer points.

Also, I wish using auto-add for weapon or character leveling started from the highest value item, I want to save my cheap ones to waste less points when they reach the end of a tier, not first. I have like 1800 mid level character exp items, but they are too useless to click manually and I don't want to use all my lowest tier items first.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jul 26, 2023

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i get all my relics i want really fast, then in limbo on the last piece forever

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Behold! Though my best set are a toss up between Sushang's new attack boots and her outdated speed boots.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Symphoric posted:

Maybe it's because I'm not really an "anime guy" but I find MOST of the voices in this game horribly annoying. Like there are so many high-pitched chipmunk voices that drive me up a loving wall. I mean the sounds coming out of March 7th are not anything an actual human being should ever make. Both Dan and the Male MC have this nasally congested wheezing quality to them that trigger some weird psychosomatic worry in me that I'm having trouble breathing.

Gepard and Serval are like the only two voices I can think of off hand that sound like actual people. I guess Welt sounds pretty normal too, but he occasionally has a youthful quality to his lines that belies the wise old mentor style of his character.

E: just nit-picking. Still enjoy the game a lot.
i think sampo's dub voice is good because hes clearly meant to sound insincere, annoying, and fake, so

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

If you think March is high pitched let me show you paimon dude

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

sometimes i don't think blade is doing well, then he does a combo of enchanced atk/followup/ult every few turns, and i'm like okay, your good afterall.
What I mustered up so far. Improvements can be made on the rope and chest piece. Debating if I should blow my resin to attempt at a better critdam. piece. If it sucks I can always give the other one to bronya.

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jul 26, 2023

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I'm glad I picked the female MC, her voice is so outside the normal JRPG fare,and I quite like it. Along with the sarcastic rear end texts and dialogue, she feels like an actual character instead of the blank slate you normally get with the genre.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

she needed to be as flat sounding as possible to fit the widest range of people playing

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Kanos posted:

The idea that Jing Yuan is bad is an incredibly bizarre take. JY is still one of the top MoC damage dealers in the game at this juncture.

It's "why use raiden? I have c6 fischl" all over again

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Meowywitch posted:

If you think March is high pitched let me show you paimon dude

Paimon's EN VA isn't even really putting on an unnatural voice for Paimon, either, that's pretty close to how they sound normally.

Dracula Factory posted:

I'm glad I picked the female MC, her voice is so outside the normal JRPG fare,and I quite like it. Along with the sarcastic rear end texts and dialogue, she feels like an actual character instead of the blank slate you normally get with the genre.

Yeah, same, especially when compared to the Traveler in Genshin.

One thing I like about the Trailblazer's dialogue options is that whenever you introduce yourself to a NPC female personal assistant or desk worker (at least in the museum event and in space China), one of your options is always "You're pretty," which I've chosen every time because I like the idea of the Trailblazer just blurting it out whenever they meet an attractive woman in an awkward attempt at flirting

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

She's a total disaster lesbian and I'm here for it.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Eimi posted:

This describes quite a few characters, which is a good thing.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Eimi posted:

One day the tactic will work and the Trailblazer will finally get a date, only for the woman to see them go outside and start talking to a trash can, causing her to immediately cancel the date

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

silvergoose posted:

This describes quite a few characters, which is a good thing.

That is what they call peak character design at Mihoyo.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Looks like 1.3 is going to have a big expansion to SU. A bunch more content of basically every type, and a new permanent event associated with SU. I'm glad to see it, SU is fun. Hope they keep producing regular content for it.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Eimi posted:

In a game full of over the top animes, I appreciate my jrpg-like protagonist is just a perpetually baked lesbian with no fashion sense.

people who play male pc confuse and scare me

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Shinji2015 posted:

Paimon's EN VA isn't even really putting on an unnatural voice for Paimon, either, that's pretty close to how they sound normally.

Yeah, same, especially when compared to the Traveler in Genshin.

One thing I like about the Trailblazer's dialogue options is that whenever you introduce yourself to a NPC female personal assistant or desk worker (at least in the museum event and in space China), one of your options is always "You're pretty," which I've chosen every time because I like the idea of the Trailblazer just blurting it out whenever they meet an attractive woman in an awkward attempt at flirting

100% agreed, MC being consistently and extremely horny for Natasha was a highlight of Belobog for me.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

got another rainbow draw on blade banner 25 in.

lost the 50/50 but got Yanqing E1 which is actually a big boost to him, and leaves me with guaranteed draw for Fu Xian, so yay. Bad news, is Arlan also keeps appearing

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I got Qingque e2 from my 200th standard banner draw, I think this is a sign.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Futaba Anzu posted:

the probability of getting at least 1 0.3% chance hit within 74 pulls (which would be what 'before the soft pity' means) is a little under 20%. you would be squarely within average territory if you have a total of 10 5 stars by now based on you saying you hit it twice.

i know this is an old post that no one cares about but i had a sudden bout of clarity from my brain fog and realized the 5 star rate is .6% which would mean you would have ~35.9% chance to get an early 5 star within 74 pulls which still means you are not really 'unlucky' if you don't hit it early.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Yeah the base 5* odds are so blatantly awful that I consider going into soft pity to be the baseline, not the other way round

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah. Compared to other gacha, it's good to that you can know exactly what you're going to get (outside of the 50/50) and plan around it, but on the negative side the odds of lucky pulls are pretty low.

The funniest gacha luck thing I've had is that I actually had a double 5* pull in Genshin of Qiqi/Tartaglia, but it was in that order so I didn't get a guaranteed 50/50 win on my next 5*, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Tree Reformat posted:

people who play male pc confuse and scare me

I'm gay, few games let me play as a prettyboy, so I feel near obligated to whenever given the chance. Simple as. I feel like male MC has a slight bit of gay-voice going on too, which maybe that sounds weird to even bring up, but I think is neat as someone who has that going on IRL. Not something I expect to hear with a videogame protagonist.

Playing male MC definitely gave me a different read on those dialogue options than the rest of you though lol - I was constantly wondering "drat, why am I getting all these options to be a creep?" I did appreciate getting to frustrate March by talking about Jing Yuan being dreamy or whatever though.