Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
To think 6 months ago he was 90% retired. The pettiest bitch in football

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol

https://twitter.com/jumosq/status/1671528369991610370?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What does the YouTube nfl plan cover

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

What ring, it's the Jets

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

The Chargers are going to have 30 years of good quarterbacking since 2005 and like four playoff wins.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Where can I go to post about Rashee Rice dominating camp five days in a row

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Rodgers’s pettiness with respect to the Packers is a beautiful sight

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Subtweeting Jonathan Taylor

https://twitter.com/jimirsay/status/1684341961518645248?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The Chargers are going to have 30 years of good quarterbacking since 2005 and like four playoff wins.

Some teams don't have either of these things so at least my regular seasons are exciting

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

God DeMaurice Smith is terrible.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’ve been saying forever that RBs need a special cap rule.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

euphronius posted:

They don't though

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

He looks like a piece of leathery jerky wearing a Jets uniform.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
After Andrew Thomas and Saquon both signed within a day, is Barkley really only worth 1/10th of AT?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

wandler20 posted:

After Andrew Thomas and Saquon both signed within a day, is Barkley really only worth 1/10th of AT?

It's really that he's worth 1/2.5 of what Thomas is worth and that yes, that is what the market dictates.

euphronius posted:

You can say that but you aren't going to get the other players to agree to it.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

One of the starkest differences between how us and the other .0001% lives—I wouldn’t touch a cruise for us plebs if you paid me (well, to a certain amount) but farting around the Mediterranean on your private yacht for weeks sounds pretty drat nice to my non filthy rich self. Never facing any consequences is probably p good too

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Pontius Pilate posted:

One of the starkest differences between how us and the other .0001% lives—I wouldn’t touch a cruise for us plebs if you paid me (well, to a certain amount) but farting around the Mediterranean on your private yacht for weeks sounds pretty drat nice to my non filthy rich self. Never facing any consequences is probably p good too

A pleb cruise is actually pretty fun lol

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Pontius Pilate posted:

Cruises are great vacations, I wish I could take more of them.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Running backs should just be thankful GMs were dumb enough to overpay RBs for so long when most of their success is based on offensive linemen.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

mcmagic posted:

A pleb cruise is actually pretty fun lol

Yeah, while it can be a beating sometimes a cruise is still a limited window of time where you waste money and get drunk or whatever.

Owning a yacht is a money drain and a pain in the rear end

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
https://twitter.com/_footballfilms_/status/1684211972399673348?s=46&t=G8Aq6A5iUmw5R1Z4gfWSjw

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Speaking of WR's lighting things up

https://twitter.com/DeAndreHopkins/status/1684383096261562368

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

wandler20 posted:

The rookie wage scale was the worst thing to happen in NFL player history. The owners got the dumbass players association to fight amongst themselves by thinking that rookies were taking the bulk of the money when in reality the owners only pay players 48% of earned revenue. They didn't realize that every position except for QB and OT has about a 4 years or less career in the NFL. Players are locked into long contracts that take up the bulk of their prime years then have to essentially hit the lottery to last until their free agency.

RBs are incredibly valuable. There's a huge difference between someone who can demand several LBs in the box and one that gets big yards against nickel defenses. RBs that can pick up a blitz are as valuable as linemen. RBs that can reliably catch out of the backfield keep safeties and slot corners honest. These are all talents that aren't easy to get all in one package. Unfortunately its also a position that obviously breaks down before the rookie contract is over. It's not that RBs are being phased out of the NFL, it's that teams know they can probably just feel safe in abandoning them after four years.

Owners ideally paying every position except for the skill ones on rookie wage scales is what they're aiming for, RBs are just the first to go.

Every player is worth more than they're paid in the NFL. Players only make 48% of revenue and argued for a rookie wage scale for some unknown reason. The NFLPA is an utter joke of a union.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

I miss Nuk already.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Doltos posted:

The rookie wage scale was the worst thing to happen in NFL player history. [...] The NFLPA is an utter joke of a union.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Typically gently caress the jags in general but I am rooting for Ridley to come back to being an elite player and get paid.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think Ridley is going to go loving huge this year and is exactly what they were missing with their receiver room.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Andrew Thomas

Year 1: plays OT for giants, sucks poo poo

Year 1 offseason: improves technique and footwork

Years 2-3: becomes one of the best LTs in the NFL

Year 4: rightfully earns massive contract

Evan Neal

Year 1: plays OT for giants, sucks poo poo

Year 1 offseason: <------ you are here

Basically what I'm saying is if you can lock up Evan Neal for $20 mil per right now, you do it

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Doltos posted:

The rookie wage scale was the worst thing to happen in NFL player history. The owners got the dumbass players association to fight amongst themselves by thinking that rookies were taking the bulk of the money when in reality the owners only pay players 48% of earned revenue. They didn't realize that every position except for QB and OT has about a 4 years or less career in the NFL. Players are locked into long contracts that take up the bulk of their prime years then have to essentially hit the lottery to last until their free agency.

RBs are incredibly valuable. There's a huge difference between someone who can demand several LBs in the box and one that gets big yards against nickel defenses. RBs that can pick up a blitz are as valuable as linemen. RBs that can reliably catch out of the backfield keep safeties and slot corners honest. These are all talents that aren't easy to get all in one package. Unfortunately its also a position that obviously breaks down before the rookie contract is over. It's not that RBs are being phased out of the NFL, it's that teams know they can probably just feel safe in abandoning them after four years.

Owners ideally paying every position except for the skill ones on rookie wage scales is what they're aiming for, RBs are just the first to go.

Every player is worth more than they're paid in the NFL. Players only make 48% of revenue and argued for a rookie wage scale for some unknown reason. The NFLPA is an utter joke of a union.

Two words:

Sam.

Bradford.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Cruises are great vacations, I wish I could take more of them.

I used to work with a couple who would go on a Metal themed cruise every year and it was the highlight of their life (they were VERY into metal). They made the kind of friends they invited to their wedding. Seems like if you get on the right one for your vibe it can be pretty dope.

TFF theme cruise when. Dock in Veracruz and spend a day going to the Mexico City game. fartknocker gives a presentation on some pre 1980 topic every day in the window where we’re drunk enough to heckle but sober enough to learn something. We all try to dodge getting swirlies from Doltos. Berths are grouped by division fandom.

*wakes up* well that was a hosed up dream

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Docjowles posted:

I used to work with a couple who would go on a Metal themed cruise every year and it was the highlight of their life (they were VERY into metal). They made the kind of friends they invited to their wedding. Seems like if you get on the right one for your vibe it can be pretty dope.

TFF theme cruise when. Dock in Veracruz and spend a day going to the Mexico City game. fartknocker gives a presentation on some pre 1980 topic every day in the window where we’re drunk enough to heckle but sober enough to learn something. We all try to dodge getting swirlies from Doltos. Berths are grouped by division fandom.

*wakes up* well that was a hosed up dream

*Cruise gets attacked by literal pirates*
*Mcmagic complains about bias against the raiders*

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Android Apocalypse posted:

Two words:

Sam.

Bradford.

QBs will always be obscenely paid compared to every other position and Bradford not living up to the money he got out of the draft hosed over every single rookie in the future

And arguably no position has suffered from it more than RB

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Where were all you "make exceptions for RBs" people when Fullbacks went extinct huh

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
There's still two or three out in the wild.

Their agents need to be a little more clever, and negotiate it so that their contract is small, but that there's a huge bonus for making the pro bowl.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Jean-Paul Shartre posted:

*Cruise gets attacked by literal pirates*
*Mcmagic complains about bias against the raiders*

Um excuse me MrLogan is the raiders conspiracy theorist. mcmagic is the Jets poster known for masturbating at work and eating daily CSPAM probes. Common misconception

Edit: also fullbacks own. The Pats were one of the last bastions and I’m mad they let the German dude go to the raiders :colbert: Oh no he didn’t fit in Patricia’s rocket scientist huge brain offense??? Bring a big boy back to block for Rhamondre, lord knows we aren’t going anywhere with these receivers

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jul 27, 2023

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

It makes a guy think, how RBs are expendable but always the most important in fantasy

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's because they receive easy yards and free touch downs that don't matter. that guy on the chargers had a top 3 season in the nfl and can't even get $20/hr. because he received free touch downs and easy yards. anyone can do it. he had 18 touchdowns but only scored a single touchdown against a good team. look it up. week 11. you have a weak 11 if you pay a rb.

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

euphronius posted:

A proposal is for the special pool of money reserved for "overperforming players" ( typically late-round picks who become starters) to be increased in size, and have a portion of that assigned to RB production. But that will be taking away money from everybody else.

RB is one of the few positions where high production hurts your future ability to earn money. Less carries = more left in the tank.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli's proposal of combining RB / WR / TE into the same tag number seems good, imo. Nobody tags RBs in that scenario, and they get a shot at at least one post-rookie contract before they're chewed up and spit out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

Where were all you "make exceptions for RBs" people when Fullbacks went extinct huh

Fullbacks own and should come back in all their forms.