Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Newcastle upon whining about the weather

Been to Newcastle when my friend live there, it was very mid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

wooger posted:

*in winter*.

Sure, but you see how those min max lines overlap in winter and the Newcastle low is higher than the Milan one…

It also looks as though it has a brief, cold winter and then temperatures rise and fall in what we call “seasons” as opposed to being vaguely poo poo all the time.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

blue footed boobie posted:

It also looks as though it has a brief, cold winter and then temperatures rise and fall in what we call “seasons” as opposed to being vaguely poo poo all the time.

Newcastle is like your posting?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

brocked posted:

Newcastle is like your posting?

How dare you

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

mila kunis posted:

What's newcastle's fashion week like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX85QqzrXO0

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

loving painful my god

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

kri kri posted:

loving painful my god

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
What are the good websites for Premier League news and analysis? Any good articles on season previews, ins-and-outs etc. Would also like a place that does good weekly wraps, game recaps etc. throughout the season.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
the guardian is consistently decent for football coverage, particularly jonathan wilson. the rest of the site is extremely erratic.

hermyownee
Jun 5, 2011
Bbc football for match reporting and Facts, guardian for analysis. I dont have an atheletic subscription but the analysis there also good from the articles ive read + their (free) tifo and tifo irl YouTube channels and podcasts

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Every betting company seems to want to be a football podcast now, if the poo poo being promoted into my Twitter feed is anything to go by.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Looten Plunder posted:

What are the good websites for Premier League news and analysis? Any good articles on season previews, ins-and-outs etc. Would also like a place that does good weekly wraps, game recaps etc. throughout the season.

The Athletic is by far the best place for what I follow, but it's subscription based. Price isn't bad if you use their promos.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i get all my analysis by reading all you people’s posts and thinking the opposite

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Bruce recommended Gerrard for the Newcastle job to replace him lol

https://twitter.com/lizzyxclark/status/1684492776321302529?t=UKo-k1oJJqCPkJumNh7zvw&s=19

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

jesus WEP posted:

i get all my analysis by reading all you people’s posts and thinking the opposite

Does that mean you weren't laughing at Chelsea?

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Thanks Ants posted:

Does that mean you weren't laughing at Chelsea?

Sometimes you have to stick to the system, even if it seems wrong.

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
Trouble with Guardian analysis is Barney Ronay, his shtick is nigh on unreadable

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Mainwaring posted:

Sometimes you have to stick to the system, even if it seems wrong.

Welcome to TRP Mr Ince.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

TheRat posted:

The Athletic is by far the best place for what I follow, but it's subscription based. Price isn't bad if you use their promos.

Yeah, they hoovered up a lot of the main journalists from the papers a few years ago. It seems like I see offers of £1 per month subs or similar all the time on Twitter, but can't find one now. I'm sure you can find one if you have a look around.

Also, in my experience if you don't renew the sub, they'll come back in a few days and give you a good offer.

I just had a look and subscribers get 5 30 day free passes, so if you want one, dm me and I can share a link. Same goes for anyone else.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
The guardian is trash and its football section gets worse every day. The athletic is fine and you can still read stuff on the athletic if you use extensions like javascript blockers

hermyownee
Jun 5, 2011
Guardian hate is due to being too left or too right? Or another axis entirely?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
The grauniads footy pages are among the best simply for being readable without 700 autoplaying ads and donation requests. You get one and you can tell it to gently caress off

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

hermyownee posted:

Too middleclass centrist

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

hermyownee posted:

Orange book fuccbois

Also tancredi palmieri

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

The grauniads footy pages are among the best simply for being readable without 700 autoplaying ads and donation requests. You get one and you can tell it to gently caress off

This is really the only reason left to read The Guardian. The quality of reporting fullstop is dogshit these days.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The Guardian parrots the rest of the UK press’s transphobia. The US version of the site said something like “We can’t control the poo poo they say.”

Apart from that, good football journalism is a big lol. Your best bet is subscribing to the Athletic and following only certain journalists there. I follow only Michael Cox, who used to run the Zonal Marking website and that was far and away the best analysis of football tactics on the internet.

A lot of the other Athletic journalists are no better than the stuff you see in newspapers. Like I said, football journalism, a big lol.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i don't really like michael cox, he just seemed to spend all his time talking about proactive vs reactive and jerking off to the bald fraud

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Speaking of Michael Cox, this was an all-time bodying

https://twitter.com/zonal_marking/status/1517194358583439360?s=46

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

jesus WEP posted:

i don't really like michael cox, he just seemed to spend all his time talking about proactive vs reactive and jerking off to the bald fraud

I don't remember reading much of his stuff, so only really know him from podcasts. I remember he used to be on Football Weekly occasionally and was a bit dull, but I think that's because he was quite young at the time. I really like him on Cliches these days.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Michael Cox is a miserable twat.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Hi Michael!

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

What I like about the Michael Cox stuff is he doesn’t overplay the role of tactics. Pretty often online tactical analyses are all about how some masterclass tactical decision determined the game. With him it’s often “Barca’s midfield pivots helped them dominate possession and create good chances, but the goal eventually came off a fortuitous deflection off Messi’s rear end.”

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The Athletic is alright but their work in general (not just on the Premier League but across sports) is getting worse and watered down. They still have some great writers, but it feels like management is somehow trying to hit SEO targets on a 100% subscription-driven website. Feels weird.

The Guardian’s match reports and columnists on the Premier League are very good, IMO, and as mentioned, try going anywhere else and enjoy a decent web experience. Tell them to stop asking for money and it reveals a very clean site. But yeah, can have some oddly lovely opinions in their wider news coverage, seems like the sports desk hasn’t been as infected. The Guardians’ football podcasts are also very good, and they have a woman’s football-focused one as well.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Echoing the Athletic and Guardian - I still pop over to Football365 occasionally, maybe out of nostalgia. They have had some great writers cycle through there, still decent analysis even though they are drowning in ads now.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/HITCSevens/status/1684570839256285184

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Would love to know who claimed some daft Mackem would "change minds" in Saudi

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
more like henderson gettifaq

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Eau de MacGowan posted:

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

I didn't really take to the Athletic, and I generally enjoy the Guardians reporting although their limit on articles has made it difficult for me to read everything I would like. Everything else seems like absolute toss though