Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Dick Fontaine posted:

says einstein bros on the bag

Dang.

Thoughts and prayers, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

The bagels coming out of the Seattle location are barely more than rolls with holes; very soft and squishy, a far cry from a proper bagel. Hard pass especially with Loxsmith only 10 minutes away.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

pentyne posted:

bringing it back to bagel chat, the costco bagels are so much higher quality then anything short of an actual bagel shop, and a good one not a chain bread store like panera.

yeah, they need to go straight in the freezer but the quality even after that thawing for an hour is superb.

if they're anything like the ones at my costco (round bread with a hole in it) I have questions

on the other hand one of the sample tables was jongga today. curiously enough a lot of people were getting samples of it for some reason!

bizwank posted:

The bagels coming out of the Seattle location are barely more than rolls with holes; very soft and squishy, a far cry from a proper bagel

yeah this exactly

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

word’s been getting out about those double “Gs”

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

bizwank posted:

rolls with holes

MANY of these at the costco

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Costco provided a quality LOL today in the form of the frozen mango chunks. They were all frozen together into a big slab so my boyfriend started slamming the bag into the counter to break them all up for a smoothie. Then as he attained maximum super slam the side of the bag came apart at the seam, blasting mango across the entire kitchen and living room. We rinsed them in a colander and put them in ziplocks so no loss, but I could hear from across the house what had happened.

Funny enough they make a perfectly good-tasting smoothie.

You know what I think the Costco weird food court mango smoothie uses? They might be sulfured mango like some dried varieties?

whiskas
May 30, 2005
Usually when frozen stuff like that is in a big block it means that at some point during transportation or storage it thawed a bit, and then was refrozen.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
The garlic has been atrocious recently: at least a quarter of the bag is sprouting or smutted, 2 weeks from pack.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Zero VGS posted:

Costco provided a quality LOL today in the form of the frozen mango chunks. They were all frozen together into a big slab so my boyfriend started slamming the bag into the counter to break them all up for a smoothie. Then as he attained maximum super slam the side of the bag came apart at the seam, blasting mango across the entire kitchen and living room. We rinsed them in a colander and put them in ziplocks so no loss, but I could hear from across the house what had happened.

You know what I think the Costco weird food court mango smoothie uses? They might be sulfured mango like some dried varieties?

Good thing you rinsed them off so they're nice and wet when they freeze back together again

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

The garlic has been atrocious recently: at least a quarter of the bag is sprouting or smutted, 2 weeks from pack.

Plant the garlic. Even if it’s not the right season to grow a nice bulb you can harvest greens, they are very tasty in egg dishes.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
took my girlfriend to costco with me today, she was very excited to find the fancy root beer she likes in a giant case for like, a buck and a quarter per bottle or something

also, there's this big jar of sea salt caramels that I got last time I was there and they were so loving good, I was hoping they'd still be there on my return and hot drat I am so excited. they taste real fuckin good!!

last time I was there I got a bunch of 88/12 ground beef at like 5 bucks a pound to freeze in individual portions, but this time in the frozen section we found five pounds of 90/10 for I think like, four bucks a pound? this may be an idiot question but tbh I don't buy a lot of raw meat and when I do it's almost always chicken - I thought ground beef got more expensive as the fat content went down? or is frozen vs. fresh a like, quality concern?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

death cob for cutie posted:

took my girlfriend to costco with me today, she was very excited to find the fancy root beer she likes in a giant case for like, a buck and a quarter per bottle or something

what brand

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
I hope it's Dad's

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Zero VGS posted:

They probably use mangos that were not good enough for their frozen mangos for the food court mango smoothies. Or they use fresh produce mangos that nobody has bought and are on their way to being rotten.

cracker
May 12, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

also, there's this big jar of sea salt caramels that I got last time I was there and they were so loving good, I was hoping they'd still be there on my return and hot drat I am so excited. they taste real fuckin good!!

last time I was there I got a bunch of 88/12 ground beef at like 5 bucks a pound to freeze in individual portions, but this time in the frozen section we found five pounds of 90/10 for I think like, four bucks a pound? this may be an idiot question but tbh I don't buy a lot of raw meat and when I do it's almost always chicken - I thought ground beef got more expensive as the fat content went down? or is frozen vs. fresh a like, quality concern?

Higher fat is much tastier especially for burgers. Less fat is "healthier" because more protein and less calories so the price goes up. All summer whole foods around me has had 80/20 for $3.99 a lb which beats the co imo.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
personally i do not prefer a drippy burger, so i quite like the costco super lean ground bison. not a very popular opinion, i realize.

you know, i should pull some of that out of the freezer tomorrow :hmmyes:

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*

Armacham posted:

I hope it's Dad's

:same:

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer
It was Dad’s yeah

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

FormatAmerica posted:

It was Dad’s yeah

COSTCO SELLS DAD'S ROOT BEER!?!?!?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Does Sprecher not exist outside the Midwest?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I just read about them and I sure hope they exist outside the Midwest, because I want to try their root beer now.

Ledhed
Feb 13, 2006
Doesn't believe in the letter a
Which of you was this?

https://www.dailydot.com/news/coscto-customer-fills-soda-cup-onions/

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

And she's entitled to a free refill :colbert:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Deathlove posted:

Does Sprecher not exist outside the Midwest?

It's Sprecher, yeah. And having pulled a bottle from the fridge: it is pretty good! Could be a bit fizzier but

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Sprecher is good poo poo.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

is that the one with the bird on it?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Dick Fontaine posted:

is that the one with the bird on it?

That's the one!

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

oh yeah that stuff is pretty good

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Local 'Co recently started carrying the Jongga kimchi and man, this poo poo is good. I've been putting it on everything and just eating it straight.

A kimchi and smoked gouda quesadilla was the best thing I've made in a while.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I assume that's the Sanders caramels. They're really drat good and I can't ever let myself buy them again lest I eat so many I turn into a caramel myself.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Those Sanders caramels are great, but if you can find the Bequet sea salt caramels in stock at your 'co grab a bag, they're the best caramel I've ever had.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Quiet Feet posted:

I assume that's the Sanders caramels. They're really drat good and I can't ever let myself buy them again lest I eat so many I turn into a caramel myself.

Yeah, that's the one - they're so good, and thankfully the taste is so strong with the salt that I can't eat more than two at a time without getting a little overwhelmed with the richness of it.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

The Midniter posted:

Local 'Co recently started carrying the Jongga kimchi and man, this poo poo is good. I've been putting it on everything and just eating it straight.

A kimchi and smoked gouda quesadilla was the best thing I've made in a while.

I don't know where your local is but I'm claiming credit for this one too

E: \/and that one down there\/

Soul Dentist fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jul 27, 2023

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Psion posted:

I just read about them and I sure hope they exist outside the Midwest, because I want to try their root beer now.

You can get it in about half the country, but you might have to search for it.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

My Costco started carrying Jongga (the one with two G’s) so I snapped some up today, I’m very excited.

Also got my new brain pills filled there and it was only $5 PBUC

Inshallah they get the skinny butcher plant based chicken patties back that poo poo rules.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

NewFatMike posted:

My Costco started carrying Jongga (the one with two G’s) so I snapped some up today, I’m very excited.

Also got my new brain pills filled there and it was only $5 PBUC

Inshallah they get the skinny butcher plant based chicken patties back that poo poo rules.

#blessed

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Jongga (the kimchi with two G’s) is real drat good and a great side to the frozen tonkotsu ramen for lunch.

Very glad I don’t have to drive way the hell out to my old Korean grocery for good kimchi anymore.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

NewFatMike posted:

Jongga (the kimchi with two G’s) is real drat good and a great side to the frozen tonkotsu ramen for lunch.

Very glad I don’t have to drive way the hell out to my old Korean grocery for good kimchi anymore.

#blessed

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Its mean to make fun of the mentally ill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Btw my brother went to Costco the other week and they had the Wagyu ground beef (which is 75/25, so good) for $1.30 a pound on manager special. He only bought like 10 pounds, which is an affront to the church. They're even individually wrapped pounds; I would have filled up the chest freezer for sure.

You gotta watch out for the discretionary manager specials on meat product, I think they usually end with a 0, so like 9.40 vs 9.49 (regular pricing) or 9.47 (clearance pricing)

Raluek posted:

personally i do not prefer a drippy burger, so i quite like the costco super lean ground bison. not a very popular opinion, i realize.

The hottest take in the entire thread by a country mile.

Taima fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jul 27, 2023