Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Demon's Souls, and Gran Turismo 7 are what I want the most on PC.

I'm still holding on to hope that GT7 being in the Nvidia leak was true :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sab669 posted:

I'm still holding on to hope that GT7 being in the Nvidia leak was true :(

Same! I think there is lots of good reason to believe its gonna happen.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I don’t think there is any reason to believe it’s gonna happen, but I’d love Gravity Rush ports.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
How tf is Terraria still receiving updates as a 12 year old game which still only costs $10

Not a complaint just, what a trip.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

It's a $10 game by a solo developer that has sold somewhere between 20 and 50 million copies on Steam, not to mention other platforms. Redigit could feasibly work on it for the rest of his life without ever needing to worry about money again

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

buglord posted:

How tf is Terraria still receiving updates as a 12 year old game which still only costs $10

Not a complaint just, what a trip.

The dev keeps trying to stop, then thinks of something else he'd like to add.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Is the DLC for Heavenly Bodies worth getting?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2348100/YEAH_YOU_WANT_THOSE_GAMES_RIGHT_SO_HERE_YOU_GO_NOW_LETS_SEE_YOU_CLEAR_THEM/

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

those games

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If successful this will spawn an entire generation of YYWTGRSHYGNLSYCT-likes.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

this is from the katamari devs btw

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Away all Goats posted:

Is the DLC for Heavenly Bodies worth getting?

I bought it but haven't tried it yet, but it sounds like more of the same which would be a-ok with me.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

kazil posted:

this is from the katamari devs btw

they did the katamari remakes but that's not really what people would think of as the katamari devs

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

repiv posted:

they did the katamari remakes but that's not really what people would think of as the katamari devs
Rolling up those games into one?

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Yup getting this

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Speaking of racing games, how is the Lego racing game that just came out? Is it as bad and predatory as everyone expected? Somehow worse? Or is there an actual game in there somehow?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I picked this up a couple days ago, it's pretty good!

The complexity of the puzzles ramps up in a very satisfying way, and it really delivers on its premise. Those pin puzzles are fun, as I always knew they would be!

The one game type I don't like is like the weird money stacking one. The collision on obstacles is totally hosed and it makes it really frustrating. The rest are great, though. Wish it had the one where you're running on a track and choosing gates that add or multiply the number of dudes you're controlling.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Can it really qualify as one of Those Games if it doesn't star a plucky little bobble-headed guy who's comically thirsty for giant women?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Orvin posted:

Speaking of racing games, how is the Lego racing game that just came out? Is it as bad and predatory as everyone expected? Somehow worse? Or is there an actual game in there somehow?

From what I saw it's pretty bad. Extremely stingy with currency that you need to buy cars with and lots of ways to end up at a "buy now" prompt to make up the difference. The gameplay looked alright but like a very dumbed down Forza Horizon. I didn't play it myself so maybe someone who has spent some time with it can chime in but I was pretty turned off from it entirely after watching someone play a couple hours of it.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Digital Flower posted:

I just want them to revive WipeOut series, PC port or no.

You may well have received this recommendation before, but you should check out BallisticNG.

I regard it basically as Wipeout 4. I'm a particularly fussy Wipeout fan - I think the first game and 2097/XL had a very specific grungy future vibe that the series never recaptured since - and BallisticNG is easily the closest anti-grav racer I've played that comes close to that aesthetic. It's still got some of the freshness of Wip3out as well though.

It's a really good game in its own right but yeah if you have any nostalgia at all for PS1 era Wipeout then it's a must play.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Christ, what's with basic rear end beat'em ups and not being able to do 60 fps?
First River City Girls 2 and now the new Double Dragon game.

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011

Bumhead posted:

You may well have received this recommendation before, but you should check out BallisticNG.

I regard it basically as Wipeout 4. I'm a particularly fussy Wipeout fan - I think the first game and 2097/XL had a very specific grungy future vibe that the series never recaptured since - and BallisticNG is easily the closest anti-grav racer I've played that comes close to that aesthetic. It's still got some of the freshness of Wip3out as well though.

It's a really good game in its own right but yeah if you have any nostalgia at all for PS1 era Wipeout then it's a must play.

Already got it, but excellent advice for anyone looking for that Wipeout experience.

I haven't played it anywhere near as much as it deserves, because I keep going back to Omega Collection, but need get back to it - if for no better reason than track variety. I have some mixed feelings about games going for retro artstyle, but I can't hate it for looking like the originals.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Bumhead posted:

There's a couple others too, but I don't know how they compare to Wipeout.

GRIP: https://store.steampowered.com/app/396900/GRIP_Combat_Racing/
https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256749966/movie480.webm?t=1566241786

Redout: https://store.steampowered.com/app/517710/Redout_Enhanced_Edition/
https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256669062/movie480.webm?t=1471595586

Oh, Redout even has a sequel: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1799930/Redout_2/

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jul 27, 2023

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I played GRIP, up to a point, which is more based on an old game called Rollcage. It was cool, but the campaign eventually just got too hard for me and I gave up. Some cool tracks, but also some whiffs and you can get it for a song right now on GMG https://www.greenmangaming.com/game...ERMj1w0&irgwc=1

I'd definitely check out a sequel if they made it.

E: Wasn't there some light controversy around Redout 2 at launch? Either it was broken or there was weird monetization or something

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

fast rmx was also pretty good, but unfortunately it's only on the switch. runs great though.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Digital Flower posted:

I have some mixed feelings about games going for retro artstyle, but I can't hate it for looking like the originals.

Yeah same. I have really limited mileage with games that intentionally go for retro aesthetics. I think I become extra critical of the gameplay to see what else they’ve got, intentionally or otherwise.

BallisticNG is an obvious homage, but I think it’s strong enough that it feels like a genuine sequel too. It feels like the next step we should have got somewhere circa 2000/2001 instead of Wipeout Fusion. Similar with boomer shooters. I think Dusk is so good it could have stood alongside Doom and Quake back in the day. There are other anti-grav throwbacks but BallisticNG is the only one that I think feels like it could have been made by Psygnosis at their height.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I played a lot of Redout and was bummed when I learned that the devs had moved over to making (what was originally going to be) a multiplayer space shooter; it sounds like this ultimately became Redout Space Assault which, judging from it 47% rating, still wasn't very good.

I ended up picking up BallisticNG and found it to be a fantastic Wipeout-style racer--arguably one of the best on PC. The devs continue to patch and release decent content updates for it, too, despite its initial release being almost 5 years ago.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

claw game handjob posted:

That bundle seems like it's designed to gently caress with OCD individuals who feel like they can't "jump to" BG3 without "catching up".

YOU KNOW THE TYPE.

*raises hand*

I never played the first two. I read an LP of BG1, but quit reading the LP of 2 because the LP was running a mod which added a cringy, swoony elf maiden.

I'm sure playing BG 1/2 isn't strictly necessary, but I feel like I would get more out of BG3 by understanding the references to previous games. That and there's no point playing BG 3 until it gets a few patches to iron out all the inevitable bugs. The game is already in my library anyway. While I picked up BG 1/2 last year on GoG, I didn't get too far into BG1, just after recruiting Minsc and I am following his quest.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I read an LP of BG1, but quit reading the LP of 2 because the LP was running a mod which added a cringy, swoony elf maiden.
Saerileth? If I'm right, I remember that LP.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I never played the first two. I read an LP of BG1, but quit reading the LP of 2 because the LP was running a mod which added a cringy, swoony elf maiden.

Aerie is vanilla content I'm afraid.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Gorn Myson posted:

Saerileth? If I'm right, I remember that LP.

Haha yikes holy poo poo

quote:

At multiple points in the game, Saerileth can die from a broken heart. She literally cannot live without you and if you do something to break her trust then there’s a solid chance that she will just die on the spot.

Squiggle fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jul 28, 2023

Orv
May 4, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

Aerie is vanilla content I'm afraid.

Aerie is a problem but the romance mods for BG get much, much worse than that.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Don't sleep on this this article is the most insane thing I've read this week and it just keeps going and going.

quote:

However, despite the fact that the mod is now older than the character herself

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Newborn baby as a useless inventory item is one of my enduring memories from playing BG2.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Could also be the Sandrah saga, that one is impressive too and was used by an LP as well.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Warning: Contains references to sexual activity with a minor

*provides a link to download*

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Leal posted:

Warning: Contains references to sexual activity with a minor

*provides a link to download*

it does sound extremely terrible, but 'what wouldst thou with me' is neither 'Old English' or ungrammatical :eng101:

what was the utterly insane mary sue bg mod that someone LPd?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

sebmojo posted:

what was the utterly insane mary sue bg mod that someone LPd?

Chloe?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

https://lparchive.org/Baldurs-Gate-Trilogy-Sandrah-Saga/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Downloaded Ratchet & Clank and it's really night and day between this and just about every other port released in the last few years, the people at Nixxes clearly know what they're doing. Haven't had any issues with crashes like a lot of people are reporting, it runs amazing on an RTX 3070 and TR1950x. Kind of makes me wish I'd waited a bit longer to upgrade so I could use the frame generation available to the 4000 series, this would be a great showcase for it.