Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Mindless fucks eating their Mickey D’s like lemmings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
not only is getting mcdonalds delivered to your house a deranged and spiritually degrading act, you guarantee you’ll have zero chance of being able to eat it within the window where it’s somewhat enjoyable (0-5 min after receiving it). psychotic behavior

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

BIDENOMICS!!!

you know it baby

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Getting McDonald's delivered is some incredibly gross decadence and you should pay out the nose for it

being fed nuggets like grapes off the vine

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Isn’t McDonald’s like Walmart in that people usually go there more during bad economic times?

I guess as much as McDonald’s is overpriced it may be cheaper in comparison to everything else.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
i could use a cheap and tasty rat burger

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

skooma512 posted:

Isn’t McDonald’s like Walmart in that people usually go there more during bad economic times?

I guess as much as McDonald’s is overpriced it may be cheaper in comparison to everything else.

Fast food ain't the cheapest you can get around here, basic diners cost about as much as a combo meal for better food, just slower.

If you only have 30 minutes for lunch even fast food won't be fast enough if there is even a small line.

Gas station food is where you eat a fast cheap lunch when you get the bare minimum time for lunch, if you don't brown bag it or don't eat and treat lunch like a long smoke break.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Stereotype posted:

nasa doesn’t even let you use C++ because overloading functions creates too much of a risk for unexpected behavior, so you have to use C

lmao

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

skooma512 posted:

That used to be true but within the last 10 years McDonald's has rebranded and reformulated to go after "premium consumers". It's why the interior is all greys and blacks now, to look "classier". Menu prices have been hiked way higher, and they're supposedly using higher quality ingredients (:rolleye:).

They're far from the worst fast food but they're not remotely the value deal they used to be.

Back when I worked in Target the only way I could get lunch (aside from brown bagging sandwiches) was hitting up the McDonald's next door. Even back then (2018) it cost me about $10-12 for a burger, fries, and a drink. I think it's closer to $20+ nowadays.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yeah they went for the Panera crowd

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
You can still get extremely dirt cheap breakfast sandwiches from McDonald's with their app. Like by far the cheapest option available if you just need to shove something eggy in your face in the morning.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Getting McDonald's delivered is some incredibly gross decadence and you should pay out the nose for it

plinkey :argh:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Shocking

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1684587819518291971

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i will reiterate that the singular best value meal you can get in the entire united states of america is a lamb over rice platter with free can soda for $8 from a halal cart*

*while supplies last, may not be available in your local market

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Paradoxish posted:

You can still get extremely dirt cheap breakfast sandwiches from McDonald's with their app. Like by far the cheapest option available if you just need to shove something eggy in your face in the morning.

less than $4?

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1684329157553946625

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

euphronius posted:

less than $4?

They almost always have some kind of 2 for $4 deal going on, yeah. I don't eat at McDonald's very often so I am not an expert, but I think it's harder if you want to average out to $2/sandwich with just a single sandwich.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

buying the combo meals from a bottom tier fast food place like mcdonalds or taco bell is foolish. the proper move is to buy 3-4 things from the dollar menu except they raised the prices of all that stuff too so now it's like the $1.29 menu. still, the last place you can get a solid meal for 4 dollars

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

skooma512 posted:

It used to be counter cyclical yes. As has been pointed out that might not be as true anymore as basement level food pricing has eroded for ever increased chasing of the premium consumer.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Paradoxish posted:

They almost always have some kind of 2 for $4 deal going on, yeah. I don't eat at McDonald's very often so I am not an expert, but I think it's harder if you want to average out to $2/sandwich with just a single sandwich.

I will check it out next time I’m traveling. 🙏

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

triple sulk posted:

i will reiterate that the singular best value meal you can get in the entire united states of america is a lamb over rice platter with free can soda for $8 from a halal cart*

Even before 2020 I wasn’t ever gonna get anything like that in LA in for less than :10bux:

the bitcoin of weed posted:

buying the combo meals from a bottom tier fast food place like mcdonalds or taco bell is foolish. the proper move is to buy 3-4 things from the dollar menu except they raised the prices of all that stuff too so now it's like the $1.29 menu. still, the last place you can get a solid meal for 4 dollars

Even the loving potato taco is 1.59 now, they raised the price again two weeks ago

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

i hope this kicks off the next financial crisis

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Note that you cannot use these deals for the bagel sandwiches since those are strictly limited to the PREMIUM CONSUMER who does not require coupons.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

if you ever see a cart like this, you must get food from it

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

You could make money off the margins of selling huge amounts of volume to cheap consumers, or you could make a higher % return on selling to a smaller group of more expensive consumers. The latter looks *much* better to investors and stockholders even if it's overall less lucrative.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

punished milkman posted:

yep once mcdonald’s starts shuttering locations en masse you’ll know america is fully dead/collapsed

Over the course of about four years, every McDonald's downtown here closed over "crime" (visible poors)

The last one that closed had the building taken over by a bank branch within weeks

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Paradoxish posted:

Note that you cannot use these deals for the bagel sandwiches since those are strictly limited to the PREMIUM CONSUMER who does not require coupons.

oh

:rip:

Apr 7, 2003

The 20-30something professional guy who posts on reddit absolutely loving hates McDonald's specifically because it's often all that poor people in urban areas can afford, this idea that young people are broadly progressive is a fantasy.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Using the 20-something white well-off technologically-inclined Redditor as my barometer for evaluating an entire generation.

Apr 7, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

Using the 20-something white well-off technologically-inclined Redditor as my barometer for evaluating an entire generation.

you go with the social media you've got, not the social media you want

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

skooma512 posted:

Even the loving potato taco is 1.59 now, they raised the price again two weeks ago

what the hell, gently caress off!!!!

Iverron
May 13, 2012

triple sulk posted:

forgetting our friend costco hotdog and soda

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

people say this and then become surprised when someone expresses the opinion that maybe cybercrime should be prosecuted?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ok so no breakfast bagel sandwich for under 4$

dire times

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

right now someone is buying a McDonald’s hashbrown and a large coke for $5

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The 20-30something professional guy who posts on reddit absolutely loving hates McDonald's specifically because it's often all that poor people in urban areas can afford, this idea that young people are broadly progressive is a fantasy.

I assure you most 20-30somethings aren't professionals with well compensated positions.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

triple sulk posted:

if you ever see a cart like this, you must get food from it

Seattle requires food trucks to do all their prep in a commissary kitchen, must be within a hundred feet of an accessible bathroom, and cannot be within some limited distance to existing restaurants. As a result they are no cheaper than anything else

Over the course of about four years, every McDonald's downtown here closed over "crime" (visible poors)

The last one that closed had the building taken over by a bank branch within weeks

This reminds me of when a beloved local record store location was closed 10 years ago and they put a Chase in it. That Chase location is now closed.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/HotSpotHotSpot/status/1684572829466112001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Wait he's going to walk? I thought they were gonna at least give him some jail time because he lost rich people's money