Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

The Eagles will be good unless they end up with half the roster on IR as is always possible

Sean Payton taunting people always goes well for Sean Payton. He should keep doing it, this poo poo is great. Either he's a prophet and his clout goes up or we get to lmao at his smug dumb face, win-win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

wandler20 posted:

I've been to roughly 8 all inclusive resorts and there is no way you're getting me on a loving cruise.

I worked in a repair shipyard for 5 years. I've been below the waterline and in the machinery spaces.

I will die having taken zero cruises

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This year of throwbacks cannot be topped.

https://twitter.com/fashion_nfl/status/1684610885522948096?s=20

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
News:
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1684616848988356608?s=20

Views:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

GD_American posted:

I worked in a repair shipyard for 5 years. I've been below the waterline and in the machinery spaces.

I will die having taken zero cruises

I was going to say what about river cruises but this happened to the ship I was on three weeks after I left

https://gcaptain.com/two-officers-killed-after-viking-river-cruises-hits-bridge-in-germany/

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

Everybody knows that the key to Philly’s success last year was Miles Sanders.
I thought it was CJGJ?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Don't know if anyone has tried the Immaculate Grid for foot yet, but I made a Grid Games thread in SAS. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4037907

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

quote:

QBs listed so far in the NFL Top 100 list:

96) #Jaguars QB Trevor Lawrence
86) #Bears QB Justin Fields
82) #Dolphins QB Tua Tagovailoa
77) #Seahawks QB Geno Smith
72) #Ravens QB Lamar Jackson
66) #Lions QB Jared Goff

Fields > T Law and Goff > Lamar, yeah, this list checks out.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

kiimo posted:

It's been years and I still can't tell if Mr Logan is trolling

If TFF started watching football instead of just listening to whatever talking heads tell them and fanty stats they'd know how bad the NFC actually is.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yes watching the games is how we determine the Titans to be better than the Eagles lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

wandler20 posted:

Fields > T Law and Goff > Lamar, yeah, this list checks out.

Goff? Really?

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

kiimo posted:

Yes watching the games is how we determine the Titans to be better than the Eagles lol

Exactly. Or you can be like the posters who said "what a great throw" when I posted Hurtz throwing a duck into double coverage and AJ Brown bailing him out.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

NFC teams were 41-39 against AFC teams last year.

Funny mentioning the Eagles and Titans, because the NFCE went 14-2 against the AFCS last year.

NFC teams had 9 home games last year. H2H is always gonna be skewed because one conference has 9 home games now

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MrLogan posted:

Exactly. Or you can be like the posters who said "what a great throw" when I posted Hurtz throwing a duck into double coverage and AJ Brown bailing him out.

The Eagles defense last year was on par with Chicago 85 or Tampa. It was historically great. They are loaded at every position but once Hurts threw a bad pass. See? They suck! This is why you watch the games!

The Titans, my friend, are rear end.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

How have all the rookie QBs looked in camp so far?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

kiimo posted:

I was going to say what about river cruises but this happened to the ship I was on three weeks after I left

I took a Rhine day cruise that wasn't bad. Smaller boat than that one.

Wouldn't do it on the other side of the world, though. I had an experience in Cambodia pretty much like Bill Shatner and Jon Lithgow in the Twilight Zone, except I was in a bus driving parallel to a barge steaming up the Mekong, pointing in horror and yelling "IS NOBODY ELSE SEEING THIS poo poo BUT ME"

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Lol Titans are wearing oilers throwbacks vs the Texans

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

PFF "math" of how good Ben projects each team's pass blocking to be. Which man, lmao if the Pats are projected to have the 8th best.

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1684228663343022081

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Man he really hates Zion And Pipkins

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I just wanna know what Jordan Roos did to deserve a 1 pass block rating.

He played 200 offensive snaps last year and is credited by PFF with no penalties or sacks allowed.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Titans line and Eagles line made my point for me. Screw the eye test and screw deep analytics. The true TFF way is to determine the strength of the team BY ITS FATTIES

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
poo poo, I wish I could be as delusional about the Titans' chances as MrLogan.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

Eagles nearly lost to Cooper Rush, that really can't be overstated.

They're frauds

The Bengals DID lose to Rush, as did (less impressively) the Giants, Commanders, and Rams. I have no explanation for this except NFCE Bullshit. If anything you could spin this as an indictment of Dak, that he went down and they didn't miss a beat.

The Eagles probably ran a little hot last year, and they indisputably had one of the easiest schedules I've ever seen. They still seem like WAY less of a mirage than the Giants. They have legit stars all over the field on offense and defense. Losing both coordinators is a potential issue although I think Eagles fans would tell you "losing" Gannon is addition by subtraction.

Shinjobi posted:

Yall never stood a chance against Mahomes.

This is a weird take on a game the Eagles very nearly won if any single one of a bunch of things went their way (in before "yeah but they didn't")

Metapod posted:

People hate him but he's right. Titans are a 14 win nfc team easy

Don't they like not have an offensive line? Seems bad (I wrote this before I noticed Kalli's chart, lol. A ONE at RG).

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Kalli posted:

PFF "math" of how good Ben projects each team's pass blocking to be. Which man, lmao if the Pats are projected to have the 8th best.

lol Andrus Peat

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Joe Burrow down and grabbing his calf, being looked at by trainers.

They're bringing out the horse execution screens, RIP.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Docjowles posted:

Don't they like not have an offensive line? Seems bad (I wrote this before I noticed Kalli's chart, lol. A ONE at RG).

Yeah but that doesn't matter in the nfc

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/kelseylconway/status/1684654503591608320

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
We're in for one of those years I see.

Edit: beaten

Ayudo fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jul 27, 2023

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Man gently caress that.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Kalli posted:

This graph makes a very good point that you can put anything in a graph and people will believe it. No poo poo O-Lines are going to be rated lower if you assign a tiny value to people who haven't played yet. The left side and right side of your o-line being good is only as valuable as how the defense lines up against you. There's a reason some RTs have hugely inflated numbers on that list, look at their LTs and visa versa. Of course teams are going to be abusing the rookie Evan Neal over the top tier Andrew Thomas.

The "data driven" part is just him relisting pass blocking grades that are already based on PFF scores, IE if you let someone through that's a 0, if you pancake them that's a 2, and a 1 is anything in between that the intern watching decides is okay without knowing blocking assignments.

Nuke PFF from orbit.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Man I was shitposting because they're not even in pads or anything, but that probably looks like the season

https://twitter.com/Trags/status/1684654836736839680

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Please no burrow

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Kalli posted:

Poor bastard, hope he's okay

e: welp

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Maybe it's just a bad ankle.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Kalli posted:

Why should we even have training camps

Just go into week 1 cold and let players get hurt in games

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Is that an achilies ?? Non contact injury ;(

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
Sorry bengals fans

gently caress I bet he was days or hours away from an extension. That sucks

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Could only be like a meniscus tear and be back for W1. Hope it's not too bad.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Docjowles posted:

This is a weird take on a game the Eagles very nearly won if any single one of a bunch of things went their way (in before "yeah but they didn't")

I mean even having a normal, non-slip and slide field could have been enough of a difference. The Eagles defense was definitely affected by that. Sure they both played on the same field but it's an equalizer for sure.

edit: forget all that poo poo, here comes Mongo!

I should have caught up

kiimo fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jul 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
🙏 Joe B 🙏