Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Watching death count on tubi and its bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

MacheteZombie posted:

Yet you are posting in the horror thread where horror movies can never be bad. Curious.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I like Rob Zombie's Halloween duology a lot. For context, I also really love F13 Part 5, so that's where my tastes are at.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Hollismason posted:

Yet you are posting in the horror thread where horror movies can never be bad. Curious.

Then watch it! It has detective hoffman from saw playing this movies version of jigsaw and Michael Madsen not taking anything seriously.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
From time to time I hear about how seeing Halloween 3 was one of the first dates my parents went on and they were confused as hell about what was going on in that movie.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hollismason posted:

True. Riddle Room is a classic

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I showed Halloween 3 to my wife shortly after we moved in together. She was always a big horror fan but had skipped it for years based on reviews she read. After watching it she hated it and thought it was weird and gross.

Then a few months later we met Tom Atkins in person (we live in Pittsburgh) and suddenly she turned around completely on the movie.

So what I'm saying is just go meet Tom Atkins if you don't like 3, that'll get you in the right mindset.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

True. Riddle Room is a classic

Noooooo

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Solve the riddle learn the truth

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

I showed Halloween 3 to my wife shortly after we moved in together. She was always a big horror fan but had skipped it for years based on reviews she read. After watching it she hated it and thought it was weird and gross.

Then a few months later we met Tom Atkins in person (we live in Pittsburgh) and suddenly she turned around completely on the movie.

So what I'm saying is just go meet Tom Atkins if you don't like 3, that'll get you in the right mindset.

Lol awesome

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Solve the riddle learn the truth

Death count has an almost as bad gimmick

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Crescent Wrench posted:

From time to time I hear about how seeing Halloween 3 was one of the first dates my parents went on and they were confused as hell about what was going on in that movie.

I'm choosing to believe this is the story of your conception.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I like how the answer to why Tom Atkins somehow became a leading man is just that he's such a cool dude that if you meet him he will charm the hell out of you.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Saw X

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Spoilers geeze

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

mia goth is a treasure right?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, I didn't see Halloween until I was in my 30s after I'd already seen a bunch of slashers. It was terrific! Then I skipped to Halloween III. It was terrific! Then I watched Halloween '18. It was terrible!

I have zero interest in watching any of the other 'weens because I have no attachment to Meyers, the first one feels like it stands on its own and I don't need that story to continue. Even 2 seems like it would tarnish the first one a bit, even if I know a lot of y'all dig it. The reboot seems like it doubles down on all the 2000s horror trends that I didn't like so I'm skipping those, too.

I'm WAY more interested in watching all the terrible Friday the 13th middle entries. I think I've seen up through 5 and I definitely gotta watch more. And I'm a dummy who has onli seen the first Child's Play and I'm hungry to watch those.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I know you can't really judge a movie based on one line but I find it impossible to ever skip Halloween II because I need to see this every year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdB0__gkKmU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

The best part about doing a Friday the 13th marathon is that you eventually get to Jason X, the greatest movie ever made

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

MacheteZombie posted:

Costas Mandlyor AND Michael Madsen? You must be joking.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

feedmyleg posted:

And I'm a dummy who has onli seen the first Child's Play and I'm hungry to watch those.

Every single Child’s Play movie is a complete banger. 3 is the weakest and it’s still a pretty good time. And the best part is you’ve got the TV series to follow them up with.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Opopanax posted:

That Saw picture looks like a 90s video game ad

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

lol

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

feedmyleg posted:

I'm WAY more interested in watching all the terrible Friday the 13th middle entries. I think I've seen up through 5 and I definitely gotta watch more.

you're in for a treat with F13 part 6, it's one of the best

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Yes, I can see why you'd stop with 5. As for the rest: 6 is a pretty popular favorite, you'll often see it atop or near the top of franchise rankings; I enjoy 7 and have a soft spot for 8, despite their respective limitations/flaws; 9 ("Jason Goes to Hell") to me is the absolute nadir of the series; and Jason X/Freddy vs. Jason are super enjoyable trash in a slightly more modern style.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Costas Mandlyor AND Michael Madsen? You must be joking.

Costas Mandlyor's role is so loving funny. He's obscured by his costume and most of the shots with him are straight on with him looking into the camera. His character is the named The Warden, because he's doling out justice, Saw style.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gunna need a 20th century studios edit next

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

MacheteZombie posted:

Costas Mandlyor's role is so loving funny. He's obscured by his costume and most of the shots with him are straight on with him looking into the camera. His character is the named The Warden, because he's doling out justice, Saw style.

My excitement level for the new Saw really does hinge on whether he appears or not.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

feedmyleg posted:

I'm WAY more interested in watching all the terrible Friday the 13th middle entries. I think I've seen up through 5 and I definitely gotta watch more. And I'm a dummy who has onli seen the first Child's Play and I'm hungry to watch those.

4, 5 and 6 is as good as F13 gets. 6 especially is just flat-out one of the best slasher movies ever made.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:five:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Jason X is the pinnacle of horror.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
So does that thing suck out their eyes and brains or does the tubes flood with some kind of goop or fluid?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Hollismason posted:

Jason X is the pinnacle of horror.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

MariusLecter posted:

So does that thing suck out their eyes and brains or does the tubes flood with some kind of goop or fluid?

they see this:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MariusLecter posted:

You're just gunna have to watch n find out!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It's a virtualboy.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Baron von Eevl posted:

It's a virtualboy.

Wish I still had mine

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Shouldn’t have left him in the drawer

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

What are the best or most iconic jump scares?

Jaws - Ben Gardener’s boat

Exorcist III - You Know The One

What else you got?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Forever for me it’ll be the signs disturbing footage

Never been more scared in my fn life