Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I started buying bowls to wrap my own burritos since the burritos were getting so small, and then I thought this is loving stupid and just quit going there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

spacemang_spliff posted:

I'd say subway

Subway leads the country in health code violations since they’ll give any rear end in a top hat who hands them a check a franchise.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

DickParasite posted:

My cousin-in-law's father is 70+ and will only eat French fries at any restaurant. Thai, Indian, Mexican, it doesn't matter they always have fries on the kid's menu and he always gets a big heaping plate full and cleans that plate every time.

This is a good strat because you live off potatoes np

Content:

https://twitter.com/crulge/status/1622343925347528705

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Shrinkflation is forcing Americans to eat normal portions and I can't stand it.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

shrinkflation has taken away my pleasure eating

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

This is a good strat because you live off potatoes np

Content:

https://twitter.com/crulge/status/1622343925347528705

Just wait until it finishes talking and say agent. If the response tries to imply you need to tell it info first just say agent again and repeat so long as it isnt in an obvious loop and then have someone with at least the equivalent to a functioning brainstem if not frontal lobe transfer you over.

You lose nothing since you can rarely get where you need by switchboard anyways and it doesn't send them any of your info so you'll have to tell them all the details once you get to someone.

Edit: Also yeah shrinkflation is stupid busywork just loving raise the sticker price every time you cowards.

thechosenone has issued a correction as of 03:51 on Jul 28, 2023

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

The all potato diet

palindrome has issued a correction as of 17:26 on Jul 28, 2023

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

not only is getting mcdonalds delivered to your house a deranged and spiritually degrading act, you guarantee you’ll have zero chance of being able to eat it within the window where it’s somewhat enjoyable (0-5 min after receiving it). psychotic behavior

the last time i ever used it the lady delivering our family's dinner had her toddler with her

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the last time i ever used it the lady delivering our family's dinner had her toddler with her

that's pretty common, or old poc couples while the hubby double-triple parks it and other ones it out and they use 2 phones to pickup dual orders

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/pjozefak/status/1684565655922839553

to be fair, I did invest in good headphones, a quality mic, an HD webcam, and fast internet over the last three years, but that's because I like nice things and not out of some rat race BS for a dead-eyed tech psycho

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

turtleneck rear end bitch

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
has there ever been a normal person thats worn a turtleneck

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
drat it’s so hard to buy a webcam and a headset

fuckin clown

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Xaris posted:

has there ever been a normal person thats worn a turtleneck

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
https://www.receeve.com/

his company has one of the most annoying webpage animation gimmicks ive seen. impressive

lol it's a debt collection platform

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

net work error posted:

Tots are the real potato for children. I will never order tots. It's literally in the name!

tbh I take a similar position about hot dogs, fish sticks, and baby carrots

Apr 7, 2003

I have not been on camera at my job in over three years

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Frosted Flake posted:

Didn't Florida try to pass a law like that? Businesses could waive any regulation that hurt profits or something?

Night City from Cyberpunk comes to mind.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

holy poo poo extremely rare tuimo

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Xaris posted:

lol there was a dumpy rear end unflipped non-remodeled 2BR/2Ba house with a pretty bad kitchen that was going up for sale next to my apartment and i thought maybe it’d get listed for <850 cuz it’s pretty small and not exactly family friendly. well... it just went up for 1 mill

with like 8% mortgage rates lol

Xaris posted:

so this place got 21 offers and looking like it’s selling for 1.3m lol

housing is still hosed
sorry for housing chat, i don't care much for it myself but it's kinda one of those things I just found and in awe

final sale price: $1.65 million dollars. america is saved :patriot:

since i'm a perma-renter, my landlord sold the building and/or brought in a new small-mid cap management company to run it. hope they don't suck. had about a zillion people come into my apartment to take a bunch of measurements and inspection poo poo, :rip:. god bless rent control

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I have not been on camera at my job in over three years

my last spot, everyone was on camera all the time

current spot, no one is ever on camera

I'm not sure which I like more.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Yeah my team calls are voice only, not sure what being on video gets you

Apr 7, 2003

Xaris posted:

final sale price: $1.65 million dollars. america is saved :patriot:

At 8% lmao

So excited to see prices shoot up once rates go down even the tiniest bit

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Is that the worst photo you could find

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

shrike82 posted:

Yeah my team calls are voice only, not sure what being on video gets you
it's pretty much standard for everyone to be on video at my guvmint job. i like it because i'm very expressive with body language and speak a lot with strictly hand gestures. i dont care if other people are on video or not though but most people are if it's an participative meeting.

if it's a meeting that i'm not actually participating/leading (like a training/town hall or something), i'll keep video off so i can just vape constantly.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
most of the time i'm screensharing plans and documents that are more important to look at than my goofy face

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Cuttlefush posted:

https://www.receeve.com/

his company has one of the most annoying webpage animation gimmicks ive seen. impressive

lol it's a debt collection platform

pfft thats nothing

https://www.deso.com

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

e: lol this is kinda insane

Xaris has issued a correction as of 05:31 on Jul 28, 2023

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

Camera meetings require extra time to make sure I'm visually presentable and the background windows don't have too much glare. Have to remind the help to not make noise while cleaning the kitchen, stop the leaf blowers on this side of the manor, don't run the engines on the antique cars, etc.

Huge pain in the rear end, let's just do voice and share technical documents instead of dumb faces, agreed.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Xaris posted:

e: lol this is kinda insane

inflation is fixed. hallelujah!

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

:dogstare:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

RadiRoot posted:

inflation is fixed. hallelujah!

quote:

The Fed Since 2020:

1. Mar 2020: Inflation won’t be a problem

2. Jan 2021: Inflation is “transitory”

3. Sept 2021: Interest rates won’t rise until 2024

4. Jan 2022: Recession is needed to lower inflation

5. Dec 2022: Disinflation has begun

6. Feb 2023: A “soft landing” is possible

7. Mar 2023: Banking system is “stable”

8. NOW: Fed staff “no longer expects a recession”

Not a single statement has been correct.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Powell: FOMC staff no longer forecasts a recession.

blast from the past:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Disco futures can only go up, up, up!

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
so i stopped looking at or posting about reverse repo because no one else seems to care

it increased steadily for a year because ??? (except for a brief reversal at the start of the ukraine war, due to ???), topped out at just over 2 trillion every day (hit this limit because ????), stayed steady at that rate for a solid year, while inflation and then interest rates went nuts, because of factors such as ???? and ???, and now it's finally declined for two months straight, likely due to ???

i swear the last time i even saw someone mention it was like a year ago, and the story then was "hey don't worry about it, means nothing really"

like look at this poo poo in context. sometimes it just does that?? normal and fine. system's healthy.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

At 8% lmao

So excited to see prices shoot up once rates go down even the tiniest bit
i'm guessing whoever has 1.6m+ to blow on a small non-remodelled house probably can buy it without a mortgage all cash? idk. either that or some computer toucher that makes like 500k a year that can afford $11k+ a month and dropping over 1.2m on interest payments.

but yes as soon as rates are even slightly cut they'll all go up up UP forever.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Mola Yam posted:

i swear the last time i even saw someone mention it was like a year ago, and the story then was "hey don't worry about it, means nothing really"

like look at this poo poo in context. sometimes it just does that?? normal and fine. system's healthy.

well it's a lowkey bail-out for banks and basically means financial institutions have no liquidity or think its too risky to spend liquidity

we're in a p e r m a b u l l market thanks to joe bidenomics who has saved america so banks have liquidity again. nothing to see. move along citizen and enjoy your bidenomics

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Xaris posted:

Powell: FOMC staff no longer forecasts a recession.

blast from the past:

Market could get spooked too early. Need it to hit at the right time.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/RyanSmithAT/status/1684670550382424064?t=JerY1ti2ViJQsUavk0owDw&s=19

Lol profitable due to tax breaks. Great economy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

The IRS uses intel chips in their computers.

palindrome has issued a correction as of 17:28 on Jul 28, 2023