Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Please expunge my rap sheet. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Literally A Person posted:

Please expunge my rap sheet. :(

Request denied and reversal of fortune, every rap sheet entry will now be doubled

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Edmund Sparkler posted:

It's me, I'm the galaxy brained poster who remembers things from a whole two months ago.

you remembered the 6er but not the legitimate reason why you got the 6er, very curious. interesting

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Peggy Edson posted:

Request denied and reversal of fortune, every rap sheet entry will now be doubled

Nooooo

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Edmund Sparkler posted:

It's me, I'm the galaxy brained poster who remembers things from a whole two months ago.

Reported for doxxing

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i remember and cherish every single probe

I will never forget the night dozens of us got probated for talking about boo radley.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

My favorite was getting caught in the Boxing Day superweapon deployment but no rap sheet entry for that which kinda sucks.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
What about old stuff that used to happen like SHARK WEEK? During SHARK WEEK, admin account SHARK WEEK will probate posters and post shark images or gifs as the reason, because its SHARK WEEK.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

The link at the bottom of the rules post by Seth points to a closed thread. Might want to edit.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Hello posting pals!

We took your feedback and came up with an updated and newer set of rules based on what you thought was working/wasn't working/didn't care about. If you have thoughts on these, please add them to the dedicated feedback thread and we'll take them into consideration. These rules may be modified/changed without warning, so check back frequently!

• Before you post, please ask yourself the following question: "Am I making a post that is funny, informative, or interesting on any level?" While GBS does embody the :justpost: mentality, you should put at least a modicum of thought into the words that are flowing from your brain to your keyboard before smashing that post button.

• Zero content threads should be made at your own risk. Consider what the thread is before going :firstpost:. We also don't allow LurkerX type posts ("Hello, I'm new here on the interwebs!") If you're new, lurk a bit! See how the threads vibe because each has its own little subculture. You'll find where you fit if you read the threads and think of something fun to say :)

• Spamming or advertising isn't allowed at all. If you have a business or another enterprise to promote, buy an ad.

• Don't mess with the forums in any capacity. If you post a malicious link (any URL with spyware or code designed to annoy people) or something that breaks people's forums experience you will be banned. Do not make plans to annoy or destroy other forums, either on SA or outside. Do not attempt to start a witch hunt against another poster. Doxxing will result in an immediate permaban.

• This is not reddit. We cannot stress this enough. SA's culture paved the way for lesser (and frankly more inferior) copycats. Don't act like this is reddit because it is not.

• Don't make pedophilia jokes. Do not accuse other posters of being pedophiles. If you suspect that a poster is one, contact a mod/admin immediately.

• Talking about violence against people you don't like: Do not, under any circumstances, talk about how violence has to be used against people either on the forums or in real life and there is no other choice. Do not threaten politicians or political figures or celebrities or anyone, really, and don't hint at it. Also don't try to be cute and say "... IN MINECRAFT ;) ;) ;) ;)" or a variation. You're not clever.

Respect the Mods and Community:

Staff: Mods and IKs (Idiot Kings) are there to keep the community safe and fun to post in. We work on a volunteer basis because we get paid in compliments and stock options love this community and want it to continue to be the best place to post on the entire internet. Please be respectful of us and we'll always do the same for you.

Current GBS Mods:
AARD VARKMAN
CaptainSarcastic (captainsarcastic@duck.com)
Genesplicer
Infidel Castro
Jestery
Karma Comedian (KarmaComedianSA@gmail)
Seth Pecksniff
Solefald
Tarquinn

Current GBS IKs:
A Fancy Hat
hot cocoa on the couch
Peggy Edson
Pope Corky the IX

Thread specific IKs:
BAGS FLY AT NOON (Rad Suburban Dad Megathread)
Geemer (Five word thread)
haljordan (Trumplol thread)
Ratjaculation (UK thread)
Saint Isaias Boner (GBS Pride Thread)
Smugworth (GBS Feedback thread)
Toxic Mental (Ukraine War Thread)

If there are threads where you believe an IK would be helpful, PM a mod! We can't always look at every thread, and as said before, each thread has its own culture that we're not always attuned to. Unless you want us kramering in when something goes wrong, that is.

Other Goons: Not everyone is going to like everyone else who posts here. Forum enemies and enmity are dumb, but they're part of the pact of posting anonymously on the internet. That being said, don't be a total dweeb to other goons. A good burn here and there is great, but don't follow them into other threads and harass them. Also, death threats or encouraging suicide are not acceptable under any circumstances and you will be punished for that.

Offsite drama is neither the responsibility of the moderators, nor something they have influence over. If there is an issue in a goon Discord, talk to the server admin first. Mods have no power over Awful Yearbook. Do not bring offsite drama into GBS unless you want to get teased owned before a mod deals with you. Do not export SA drama offsite, either. In general, don't be a drama elemental, and don't succumb to Main Character Syndrome.

Bigotry and prejudice are not welcome here. Again, this is not reddit. Don't use hate speech. Racism, transphobia, homophobia, misogyny, ableism, dead naming - anything along these lines will generate consequences, from probes to bans.

Do not post charity or donation threads for yourself. If there's an established, legitimate charity you think is worthy of goon money, PM a mod first before posting it.

All general SA rules apply here. In general, don't be a total rear end in a top hat and you'll be just fine.

Images and Files:

If an image is not work-safe, add an :nws: and a link. This includes literally anything you personally would not want your boss, grandma, or other person you respect to see you looking at. Yes, the Goatman is still banned, even though he's an old friend and we accept him like one.

If an image is potentially disturbing, triggering, or might make someone puke, do the same as above with the :nms: tag, and think about whether you really want to post it at all.

Do not ask for warez, illegal programs, cracks, torrents, illegal streaming sites, etc. Don't post links, ask for links to download, or otherwise discuss illegal copies of copyrighted works, including movies, books, software, etc. Information may want to be free, but you won't be if you do this.

Do not post your nudes. Please.

Finally, the Ukraine thread has its own special set of rules, which you should read before posting there.

We mods do take feedback. If you'd like to discuss anything about these rules, feel free to PM us or ask in the dedicated feedback thread. We're happy to help you. Welcome to GBS and enjoy your stay!

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

My favorite was getting caught in the Boxing Day superweapon deployment but no rap sheet entry for that which kinda sucks.

:same:

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

B33rChiller posted:

The link at the bottom of the rules post by Seth points to a closed thread. Might want to edit.

thanks, fixed it!

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Can someone add weg's name to the list of IKs (for Ukraine thread) in the rules sticky? :thanks:

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
I agree with the sentiments of the musk thread. Twitter embeds are a drat liability at this point. It may be wise to go screenshots only for #1 hellsite.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

emSparkly posted:

I agree with the sentiments of the musk thread. Twitter embeds are a drat liability at this point. It may be wise to go screenshots only for #1 hellsite.

Agreed

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

emSparkly posted:

100%

I'll raise it with the other mods about enforcing a no embedded rule.

I think a thread in SAD or the tech forum would be a good idea so Astral can look at actually removing them.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

emSparkly posted:

we just came fresh off the imgur apocalypse though, so is this a good idea long term? then again, i guess it's a case of what lasts longer, image hosting or a site under musks management lol

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I’m surprised people don’t use gyazo for everything these days tbh

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
At this rate SA is the only site left when the entire internet explodes.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

cumpantry posted:

we just came fresh off the imgur apocalypse though, so is this a good idea long term? then again, i guess it's a case of what lasts longer, image hosting or a site under musks management lol

It's a better idea than hotlinking the csam x-bird site.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Solefald posted:

100%

I'll raise it with the other mods about enforcing a no embedded rule.

I think a thread in SAD or the tech forum would be a good idea so Astral can look at actually removing them.

Here’s a TECH thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4037980

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

cumpantry posted:

Well look at this way, meta owns the trademark on "X" in relation to social media sites, and microsoft owns it for gaming and multimedia. So there is currently a lot of lawyers writing a lot of briefs to, legally speaking, hit musks face with a half brick in a sock.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
hot cocoa passed out on the couch again

reopen one of the chat threads tyvm

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Chinatown posted:

hot cocoa passed out on the couch again

reopen one of the chat threads tyvm

Done.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

can 16 butthead ik the musk thread here too?* i like keeping tabs on both and its appreciated that he probes people who get a little too bloodlusty in his thread. look i think the billionaires a bitch too but it gets uncomfortable when multiple posters jump over each other to carefully word how they want the guy to die

*if he wants to

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

cumpantry posted:

can 16 butthead ik the musk thread here too?* i like keeping tabs on both and its appreciated that he probes people who get a little too bloodlusty in his thread. look i think the billionaires a bitch too but it gets uncomfortable when multiple posters jump over each other to carefully word how they want the guy to die

*if he wants to

only if he drops his "topic locked" catchphrase. ticket closed

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

cumpantry posted:

*if he wants to

*checking agitators.xlsx*

no. thread locked

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

cumpantry posted:

*if he wants to

What about a boop on the nose, no blood? Is that enough not to harm your sensibilities?

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

cumpantry posted:

*if he wants to

Have you tried reporting the posts? I don't recall any particular bloodlust but maybe I missed it cause I usually just skim it.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i've only been reading the gbs musk thread for about a week but it seems fine, haven't seen any drama coming from it. if it desperately needs an IK maybe get one from there instead of 16bb who i don't think is a regular poster in said thread.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

i didnt say there was drama and i dont think it's unreasonable for posters to vent their frustrations without fantasizing different ways to torture elon

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

cumpantry posted:

i didnt say there was drama and i dont think it's unreasonable for posters to vent their frustrations without fantasizing different ways to torture elon

can you post the torture posts at least then?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

haven't seen any torture elon posts and it's one of the gbs threads I live in.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

can you post the torture posts at least then?

Are these torture posts in the room with you right now?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

from the last four pages

emSparkly posted:

At this point Musk is so lucky he doesn't get his rear end beat in broad daylight.

gschmidl posted:

Unfortunately he also has no self-awareness or he'd have ended himself long ago.

Mokotow posted:

With military dictators there’s always a chance one if your bodyguards will pull a fast one and shoot you in the back. While we can’t be so lucky with Elon, I daydream someone from his entourage turns around one day and just socks him a big one right in his stupid face.

up to you i guess if you think im just being a big baby about it. will probably just be sticking to the butthead thread from now on if this kind of tip toe posting is ok

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

eh, not the kind of thing i'd post myself but hardly torture posts. although i did say his tesla should drive him into a tree once. i would just report them and see what happens tbh. not saying you're being a big baby about it at all, but it doesn't seem like the kind of thing that needs an emergency IK imo.

mods or admins might disagree though who knows with these crazy forums

Panic! At The Tesco fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jul 29, 2023

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

eh, not the kind of thing i'd post myself but hardly torture posts. i would just report them and see what happens tbh. not saying you're being a big baby about it at all, but it doesn't seem like the kind of thing that needs an emergency IK imo.

mods or admins might disagree though who knows with these crazy forums

Seconded, it's not something I'd normally say but it's hardly torture or calling for violence.
Big difference between saying, "he's lucky nobody has socked him" and "I wish somebody would beat up elon".

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

if it desperately needs an IK

where are you getting this urgency from? things can happen even if there isn't a desperate need, and imo thread IKship should be thrown about like confetti (and removed just as quickly if it's an issue).

don't think it's smart to put an IK in place who doesn't post in the thread though, or put one in place at all if the thread at large doesn't want one

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

dunno, i suppose it's not urgency i was trying to convey but more that it seems a bit out of nowhere when the thread seems fine. to me anyway, others might disagree and come here to say there should be an IK. which is the point of this thread pretty much, to discuss this stuff.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

where are you getting this urgency from?

Panic! At the Musk Hole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Eeeeeh, only the Mokotow post seems bad to me.

It's a busy and fast paced thread so I'm down for some IK suggestions. As funny as it would be having 16bbh in I'd rather just have someone who actually reads and posts in there.