Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Staluigi posted:

Everybody post your favorite clip of PragerU instructional videos that proves that they're nazi pieces of poo poo

trying to get people to watch PragerU videos...

BAN!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Staluigi posted:

Everybody post your favorite clip of PragerU instructional videos that proves that they're nazi pieces of poo poo

"Favorite" is doing a lot of heavy lifting in that sentence

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

tecnocrat posted:

I couldn't find the full clip but close enough

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/9767c741-b363-4843-bff2-a9708be323c2

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Staluigi posted:

funny enough one of the first videos posted by PragerU is Ty Seidule excoriating the lost cause myth. im not gonna link it cause gently caress PragerU but its very odd

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Staluigi posted:

Not posting it, obvs, but they put up and deleted a video arguing that Robert E Lee was an American hero because he put down John Brown's raid on Harper's Ferry. https://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/pragerus-awful-defense-of-statues-honoring-robert-e-lee/

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Replace every Lee statue with two John Brown statues.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

clean ayers act posted:

funny enough one of the first videos posted by PragerU is Ty Seidule excoriating the lost cause myth. im not gonna link it cause gently caress PragerU but its very odd

Seriously, it's like they were trying to establish some bona fides knowing every video after would be complete horseshit

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

PittTheElder posted:

Seriously, it's like they were trying to establish some bona fides knowing every video after would be complete horseshit

Understanding that the Civil War was about slavery and supporting the south is only incoherent if you believe slavery was bad. Since it's PragerU, I'm not sure they do, and I don't think it was mentioned one way or the other in that video.

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

tecnocrat posted:

I think unpacking their "The Suicide of Europe" is extremely valuable because it's an all in one masterclass for white supremacy dogwhistles being packaged as mainstream republicanism. I like it when people ferret up their worst takes to showcase exactly what it is that florida is elevating into the educational system

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Is their theory merely that Europe is committing “suicide” by letter brown people in or do they go that extra racist step to suggest that (((they))) are the ones allowing it?

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

Gyges posted:

Replace every Lee statue with two John Brown statues.

Eh 1.5 maybe. His heart was in the right place, but guy definitely could've come up with a better plan. Hey slaves, I'm random white guy, you don't know me, but trust me we're going to do a rebellion. Here are some pikes.

-John Wilkes Boothe was in the militia present at his hanging, and this may have had an impact on his thinking.
-Abraham Lincoln's son had fallen off a train platform onto the tracks, and John Wilkes Boothe's brother saved him.
-Pikes captured from the failed rebellion were distributed to southern governors and displayed in capitol buildings as a warning of what was to come
-Lee had grabbed his ceremonial sword instead of his real sword, so when he smashed it down on John's head it bent and only gave him a nasty gash instead of killing him as intended
-John forbid any rescue attempts because he became friends with his jailer and didn't want anything bad to happen to him or his family incidental to a rescue
-John's son Owen had been shot during the night, and while he was dying noisily in the firehouse as they were holed up, John reportedly told Owen to shut up and "die like a man.".

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
All that and he's still more deserving of statues on American soil than the leader of the army of the slavers

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

haveblue posted:

All that and he's still more deserving of statues on American soil than the leader of the army of the slavers

I just always felt bad because the Secret Six kind of used and misled him about expected outcomes.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

AvesPKS posted:

-Lee had grabbed his ceremonial sword instead of his real sword, so when he smashed it down on John's head it bent and only gave him a nasty gash instead of killing him as intended

Minor nitpick: that was Lt. Israel Green, who led the marines when they stormed the building Brown was holed up in. And he followed it up with an attempt to run him through but the light dress weapon bent double instead of penetrating deeply.

Captain_Maclaine fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jul 29, 2023

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Staluigi posted:

I think unpacking their "The Suicide of Europe" is extremely valuable because it's an all in one masterclass for white supremacy dogwhistles being packaged as mainstream republicanism. I like it when people ferret up their worst takes to showcase exactly what it is that florida is elevating into the educational system
And in general, you can use a lot of their videos to illustrate dishonest arguments. The example that's stuck with me is, their videos proving that the Democrats are still racist and Republicans aren't rely heavily on evidence from the 1800s, as well as the fact that the first non-white-male X was a Republican. Apart from the fact that the parties have realigned on civil rights, their claim that "the first non-white-male X was a Republican" relies on cherry-picking which X they use. Yes, the first Asian-American Senator was a Republican, but the first Asian-American Representative was a Democrat, as are all but two current Asian-American members of Congress.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Minor nitpick: that was Lt. Israel Green, who led the marines when they stormed the building Brown was holed up in. And he followed it up with an attempt to run him through but the light dress weapon bent double instead of penetrating deeply.

Whoops, thanks for the correction!

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

AvesPKS posted:

Eh 1.5 maybe. His heart was in the right place, but guy definitely could've come up with a better plan. Hey slaves, I'm random white guy, you don't know me, but trust me we're going to do a rebellion. Here are some pikes.

-John Wilkes Boothe was in the militia present at his hanging, and this may have had an impact on his thinking.
-Abraham Lincoln's son had fallen off a train platform onto the tracks, and John Wilkes Boothe's brother saved him.
-Pikes captured from the failed rebellion were distributed to southern governors and displayed in capitol buildings as a warning of what was to come
-The marine leading the final assault had grabbed his ceremonial sword instead of his real sword, so when he went to kill John's with it, it bent
-John forbid any rescue attempts because he became friends with his jailer and didn't want anything bad to happen to him or his family incidental to a rescue
-John's son Owen had been shot during the night, and while he was dying noisily in the firehouse as they were holed up, John reportedly told Owen to shut up and "die like a man.".

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Republicans are currently trying to argue that the great realignment of parties never happened. Because we live in a world where evidence and reality are irrelevant

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Scratch Monkey posted:

Republicans are currently trying to argue that the great realignment of parties never happened. Because we live in a world where evidence and reality are irrelevant

Funny how the majority of the slave states all vote die hard republican these days when until the latter part of the 20th century they were die hard democrats.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I’ve always thought it ironic that the south was so anxious to remove the army from the south and then after some magic, all the modern army bases are in the south carrying confederate names. It’s so gosh darn odd.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
Pretty weird that the people who want to preserve all the statues of famous Democrat generals like Robert E Lee are all Republicans. And it's only Republicans who wave the famous Democrat "Stars and Bars" flag.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

they love history ok?!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Current Republicans were actually super liberal, it's just that the Democratic Party has become so extreme that they were forced to become Republicans. Such a shame that a party with such a big tent that it once housed everyone from The Grand Wizard to The Black Panthers has atrophied so due to the drive for wokeness.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/aaronsibarium/status/1686035822850555904?s=46&t=6HOSYVrXffESMo0NlyR0Lg

:magemage:

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

"Why Do All These Homosexuals Young Conservatives Keep Sucking My Cock Being Racist in Public?"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1686025436667518976

Crazy how all the black south africans had no animus towards the white minority until the 1619 project won the pulitzer

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
hosed up how Southern African people only just started hating the apartheid man without any history at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPG_YyAtkcU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Boer, hmm, must be a recently coined neologism

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

zoux posted:

Boer, hmm, must be a recently coined neologism

They don't bother learning history 'cause it's Boering.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
If it was genuinely an old thing then you'd probably see something like Zulu artists taking Boer resistance songs against British domination and proudly turning them into their own songs against white supremacy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9S-eu3FW-U

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

sorry guy telling people "don't say the n-word because if you're caught it'll look bad" isn't gonna get you the pat on the back you think you deserve

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Not even telling them to be less racist, just telling them to hide it better. And these loving goblins can't even handle that.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1686025436667518976

Crazy how all the black south africans had no animus towards the white minority until the 1619 project won the pulitzer

Anyone who doesn't have at least a bit of sympathy toward this message hasn't dealt with a certain generation of white South African. I do try to avoid generalizations, but holy gently caress that is a dire group. The worst example I've encountered told me he came to Canada "because the n*****s beat [him] and took his farm" and now bitches that the Canadian government is a bunch of Nazis who won't let him spread Reformed Christianity to children in his position as a school bus driver.

I'm not saying he deserved to be beaten, but I'm sympathetic toward those who beat him.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Latino 2016 Bernie supporter has big future US marine energy

Do you think that kid followed through and enlisted?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

I believe I read something f that said he did

Edit:

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/2580309/the-youre-disrespecting-a-future-us-army-soldier-kid-is-now-a-us-soldier

Scratch Monkey fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Aug 2, 2023

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Turned out not to be him. Actual kid is a "soundcloud rapper." A phrase I will never type again if I can help it.

An interview with him - or someone that looks so much like him it's absurd.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8RFJ_4PlrY

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
Dude looks like Bubbles.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

cat botherer posted:

Dude looks like Bubbles.

You're disrespecting a former future US army soldier!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

PT6A posted:

Anyone who doesn't have at least a bit of sympathy toward this message hasn't dealt with a certain generation of white South African. I do try to avoid generalizations, but holy gently caress that is a dire group. The worst example I've encountered told me he came to Canada "because the n*****s beat [him] and took his farm" and now bitches that the Canadian government is a bunch of Nazis who won't let him spread Reformed Christianity to children in his position as a school bus driver.

I'm not saying he deserved to be beaten, but I'm sympathetic toward those who beat him.

It kills me that I can't link the full video of Spitting Image's "I've Never Met a Nice South African*" but it's unavailable again at the moment, so here's a version of the music only.

*except for Breytan Breytanbach, and he's emigrated to Paris!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

It kills me that I can't link the full video of Spitting Image's "I've Never Met a Nice South African*" but it's unavailable again at the moment, so here's a version of the music only.

*except for Breytan Breytanbach, and he's emigrated to Paris!

DailyMotion to the rescue: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x64bid6

*and we threw him in prison!