Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

halokiller posted:

it would be cheaper than a typical wedding reception

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

I tried the mango smoothie and actually really like it! It tastes not too sweet, just a hint of bitter, definitely mango-y

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

On topic, I’m going in today to get fitted for contacts for my wedding and was gonna check out the sheet cakes for said wedding while I’m there. Do they do decoration at all, even just simple words? If so, how do I go about getting it done? Just ask for the bakery manager?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
There’s a sign up sheet. Some designs can be customized. Words should be fine but it’s pretty limited. Don’t sketch out a design unless you’re prepared for hilarious results.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Thank you! Wedding cakes ordered in record time, PBUC

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

How are the optometrists typically at costco? I'm looking around for an optometrist to go to so I can renew my prescription and get some new glasses sometime soon.

It looks like they're independent, but do they have some kind of similar pricing scheme?

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Eeyo posted:

How are the optometrists typically at costco? I'm looking around for an optometrist to go to so I can renew my prescription and get some new glasses sometime soon.

It looks like they're independent, but do they have some kind of similar pricing scheme?

There’s no discount if you have like a hundred eyes, as far as I know.

My experience there has always been pleasant, they’re quick and professional and take insurance; out of pocket cost is similar to America’s Best and other chains like that. And they’re always glad to just give you your script so you can order glasses or contacts from elsewhere. I usually just take that to Zenni, I’m not a huge fan of the ‘co’s frame selection.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Couldn't sell my partner on a vacuum sealer until we're visiting her parents and she sees they vacuum seal avocadoes when they're ripe and they last for like 2 weeks :getin:

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

hot take: costco is good

Wayfaring Stranger
Feb 16, 2011
Long time lurker but also felt left out of kimchichat™. Went today in Southampton, UK and they had Jongga (with two Gs)! After years of going to church I can finally take communion.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Wayfaring Stranger posted:

Long time lurker but also felt left out of kimchichat™. Went today in Southampton, UK and they had Jongga (with two Gs)! After years of going to church I can finally take communion.

#blessed

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Bibliotechno Music posted:

There’s no discount if you have like a hundred eyes, as far as I know.

My experience there has always been pleasant, they’re quick and professional and take insurance; out of pocket cost is similar to America’s Best and other chains like that. And they’re always glad to just give you your script so you can order glasses or contacts from elsewhere. I usually just take that to Zenni, I’m not a huge fan of the ‘co’s frame selection.

Not ordering glasses from Zenni is cursed.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Gonna disrecommend that fancy Homedics humidifier. I bought one right before our baby was born and cleaned the thing religiously every week, but I always had a suspicion I wasn’t able to get to the parts I needed to because there was no way to pull the covers off. I finally got around to dismantling the whole thing (a dozen screws and a lot of prying) and this is what I found.

The little clean bit at the bottom of the chimney is the user serviceable part that has a handy little pull-away hatch. The rest is completely inaccessible.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Humidifiers are universally disgusting.

whiskas
May 30, 2005
You guys let your wives go to Costco? She even acknowledges herself it's a bad financial decision.

Also you should always use bacteriostatic treatment for humidifier water. Doesn't matter how often you clean it or run it.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

i go with my wife. sometimes we make out in the back near the bottled water

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Tiny Timbs posted:

Gonna disrecommend that fancy Homedics humidifier. I bought one right before our baby was born and cleaned the thing religiously every week, but I always had a suspicion I wasn’t able to get to the parts I needed to because there was no way to pull the covers off. I finally got around to dismantling the whole thing (a dozen screws and a lot of prying) and this is what I found.

The little clean bit at the bottom of the chimney is the user serviceable part that has a handy little pull-away hatch. The rest is completely inaccessible.

The Vornado evap 40 that is literally just fan, filters, and shaped water jugs is the king for a reason. You can take apart and sterilize the entire thing in maybe 10 minutes of work, and the wick/filters are cheap to replace, possibly even reuse if you just soak them in 5% bleach and let dry.

Every fancy, IOT, heating element humidifier is completely inferior to a huge chunk of shaped plastic with a fan and some moisture sensors.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

yes, but does the vornado look like godzillla?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
if u want some moisture in teh air just leave your shower running on hot water only like a normal person

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Unless you live in Antarctica there's no reason to make your house wetter on purpose

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

pentyne posted:

The Vornado evap 40 that is literally just fan, filters, and shaped water jugs is the king for a reason. You can take apart and sterilize the entire thing in maybe 10 minutes of work, and the wick/filters are cheap to replace, possibly even reuse if you just soak them in 5% bleach and let dry.

Every fancy, IOT, heating element humidifier is completely inferior to a huge chunk of shaped plastic with a fan and some moisture sensors.

I have an evaporative humidifier too and I’ve never had any problems with mold on it. It’s such a satisfying simple device.

Soul Dentist posted:

Unless you live in Antarctica there's no reason to make your house wetter on purpose

lol

I would always wake up with dry eyes and have constant nosebleeds in the winter before I got a humidifier. One of the best QoL purchases I’ve made.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

pentyne posted:

I'll look into that one. For now, I dug the 10-year-old $30 Walmart humidifier that looks like a little elephant out of the closet. Even that manufacturer understood you have to make the parts easy to clean.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

I tried the mango smoothie. It was okay, but the berry one was a lot better. Probably won't purchase again.

On a more positive note, my local Costco finally started carrying Jongga Kimchi (the one with two "G"s) instead of the Pulmonary or whatever brand it was. At any rate, it was worth waiting for. Good and spicy, and while I assume it is a versatile addition to other dishes, I mainly just eat it on its own.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Dick Fontaine posted:

i go with my wife. sometimes we make out in the back near the bottled water

Yuck

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Went to church yesterday. No dried chili mango, disappointed in that. Then I also picked up the Korean BBQ pork jerky like normal, but something is off. Usually it's practically swimming in marinade, but this batch is very dry. I seem to recall a few other goons having similar issues. First time for me. It's still good, but could be better. Also picked up some bacon cheddar smoked sausages. Will try them in a few weeks.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Beef sandwich is better than I thought it would be. The peppers do a lot to alleviate the plainness and dryness associated with your plain jane beef sandwich. Could really use horseradish though, and ten bucks is insanity.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Picked up a tub of this new Kickin Feta Dip they had yesterday. It is indeed quite good

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
they didnt have the breakfast mini quiche things last trip so i tried the starbucks sous vide egg bites as a sort of substitute. really good but they take a long time to make since i dont have an air fryer.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Soul Dentist posted:

Close, Wisconsin.

I have a humidifier that looks like an end table that I keep in my living room that I use most winters (except last one for some reason).

Sometimes in the winter if I touch my TV I'll get a huge shock and it'll turn off because the air is so dry.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The Kirkland bratwurst are perfectly satisfactory for grilling all summer long. I'll need a new grill next year though, this one is falling apart after being left out to rust over the winter.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

binge crotching posted:

The Kirkland bratwurst are perfectly satisfactory for grilling all summer long. I'll need a new grill next year though, this one is falling apart after being left out to rust over the winter.

Late summer/early fall is the best time to buy a new grill, they usually are going on clearance

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Close, Wisconsin.

I have a humidifier that looks like an end table that I keep in my living room that I use most winters (except last one for some reason).

Sometimes in the winter if I touch my TV I'll get a huge shock and it'll turn off because the air is so dry.

Which is the best cheese for sex

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

bird with big dick posted:

All of them.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I think it’s burrata

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Nah it's brie

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
brie is boring. get something gooier, stinkier.

something that really stinks the place up. sicko cheese. :twisted:

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

when's Costco gonna sell a big load of raclette

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Chinatown posted:

brie is boring.

:wrong:

baked brie is fuckin :discourse:

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

bird with big dick posted:

To get you horny? To use during sex? Or to use as a fleshlight substitute?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

SirPablo posted:

Not ordering glasses from Zenni is cursed.

Zenni hosed up ny prescription and refused to give a full refund, i had to burn bridges with them and involve my cc company.