Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

I always find it funny when they let out an unironic "uwaaa" while tweaking it, because, yes. Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Hey if Riddhe's dad was a chairman on the Earth Federation Council is there a possibility he was still a cabinet member during Mafty's air raid on Davao?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

possibility? i mean sure i don't see why not?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Now I'm imagining if Riddhe stayed on with Bright's Londo Bell crew after Unicorn and how awkward it would be once the news broke that Mafty is Bright's son and also he orchestrated a bombing that killed Riddhe's dad.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Well they both have a spot open in their families now!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Doan's Island is coming to the GundamInfo youtube channel next week August 4.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/1lfD6laDrSS8sAd/status/1685285599899787264?s=20

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Riddhe is a very good character and Delta Plus rules

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Delta Plus would be cooler if it was gold.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Delta Plus is a huge downgrade.

Arc Hammer posted:

Delta Plus would be cooler if it was gold.

:yeah:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

RevolverDivider posted:

Riddhe is a very good character and Delta Plus rules

Riddhe is easily the best character in Unicorn, IMO. He sucks so very, very badly as a person, but he has a great arc.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

He's basically the only character in Unicorn

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
There's also diner coffee guy and Bright what talks to Amuro photographs.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Gaius Marius posted:

Even so!

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Gaius Marius posted:

I'd say that Marida and Zinnerman feel like fully realized characters too, with an arc they go through. I'd say that a few of the minor characters like Daguza (the ECOAS leader) and Syam Vist seem well put together given the size of their role too.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Marida's arc is fairly truncated, mostly because she spends half the series mind controlled, so she kind of jumps from "robot who follows master's orders" to "willingly martyrs herself out of love" with most of the middle part of that arc skipped over.

Zinnerman has an okay arc but it's enormously souring that his entire motivation and character is built on Fukui deciding to violently crowbar in some completely nonsensical Federation war crimes.

They're definitely the most developed characters in the show after Riddhe and maybe Otto, though. Everyone else kind of starts and ends at the same point.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jul 30, 2023

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

The best Unicorn character is the fat Gustav Karl pilot with a big bag of sweets and energy drinks hanging in his cockpit.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

this is hosed up but I also can't contest it, nor do I want to

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/DeltyThe73rd/status/1647888780723101696

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

My biggest complaint with Unicorn was Banagher. He's so...generic. Like if you asked a program to churn out a Gundm MC, it be him. Only, I've seen a decent number of Gundams and none of the MCs are as bland as him. I'm not sure how to describe it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

generic protagonist meat product

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Well, Bandai Namco has given their official statement that Suletta and Miorine being married at the end of G-Witch is actually "up to interpretation"

lol loving cowardice

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, Bandai Namco has given their official statement that Suletta and Miorine being married at the end of G-Witch is actually "up to interpretation"

lol loving cowardice

Wedding rings, literal marriage on two occasions, and acknowledging a sister-in-law leaves nothing open to interpretation (unless Mio married a secret unnamed brother of Suletta off screen)

Bandai what in the world are you doing

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

MechaX posted:

Wedding rings, literal marriage on two occasions, and acknowledging a sister-in-law leaves nothing open to interpretation (unless Mio married a secret unnamed brother of Suletta off screen)

Bandai what in the world are you doing

Coward trying to please everyone poo poo. I'm honestly surprised they avoided it this long.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I don't get why this is an issue now when IBO also ended with a lesbian marriage, one that was part of a dead OT3 at that and with a child that has all their last names, and apparently that was completely fine.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Online bigotry has gotten worse since IBO ended.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

I don't get why this is an issue now when IBO also ended with a lesbian marriage, one that was part of a dead OT3 at that and with a child that has all their last names, and apparently that was completely fine.

presumably because a company is made up of a collection of individuals rather than being a monolith, so whoever made x decision 5 years ago may not be the same person responsible for making that decision today. also, notably, it doesn't seem there was much pushback on the actual content of the show, this is an after the fact change because of an article serving as a catalyst.

so basically the wrong person happened to see that article, which didn't happen for ibo

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Wasn't the Kudelia/Atra thing a tweet or an off the cuff interview answer from some individual member of the creative staff, and this is some kind of corporate release?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Caphi posted:

Wasn't the Kudelia/Atra thing a tweet or an off the cuff interview answer from some individual member of the creative staff, and this is some kind of corporate release?
Mari Okada said it in a radio show. The VAs acknowledged it. I don't think it was ever published in print, though, which is probably the main factor here.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also the official gundam info na tweet about the end of g-witch called them married.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I'm not trying to take down the importance or canonicity or whatever of Kudelia's and Atra's marriage, I'm just saying it's a different dimension of creative oversight from the top.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Oh, I didn't mean to come across like I was accusing you of that, just providing all the facts. Like I said, the kudelia/atra thing never being in print does add a dimension to it.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

There were more outs for detractors to consider that a sham-marriage, especially since said relationship between the two was always by and through Mika, with the marriage more to conceal identities or protect the child allegedly plus a lot of that only came out post-ending

But with Mio and Suletta... Bandai-Namco are some cowards

MechaX fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jul 30, 2023

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

lol loving cowardice

I haven't watched G Witch yet because I was genuinely afraid they were going to Roommates it so that is disappointing

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

I haven't watched G Witch yet because I was genuinely afraid they were going to Roommates it so that us disappointing
the actual anime itself is extremely explicit, which is what makes this even stupider

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
Yeah, the anime ending couldn't be more "these two are married to the point where another character calls one an in-law".

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

the actual anime itself is extremely explicit, which is what makes this even stupider

That is something at least. I just found the homophobia around it so depressing I was hoping for a total lack of ambiguity. I'll probably feel better once I get around to watching

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

That is something at least. I just found the homophobia around it so depressing I was hoping for a total lack of ambiguity. I'll probably feel better once I get around to watching

Don't let some dumbass tweet a month after the show ended put you off, it's really very good.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Suletta loves her wife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

At the very least the actual writer of the show is allegedly liking public opinions/tweets/etc calling them a couple, so the intent was clear. Plus we're at the point where the characters could have been shown on-screen having explicit gay sex in the epilogue and people would still find reasons to "just roommates" that poo poo.