Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I presume the trade comp would be a 2nd, as it is a situation where multiple teams have shown they extremely value RB's pick wise (Falcons, Lions, 49ers) and 3 think they have ones worth a Franchise tag, and there's a few others still making real money (Chubb, Henry) so there are teams that value good young RB's out there, which Taylor is.

... so I will be unsurprised by anything between a 1st and nobody wants to trade for him because he wants an actual contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

See when the Chiefs took CEH over Taylor they were just ahead of the game by drafting a running back that doesn’t deserve a big contract.

Chess

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol. You ok there Jim?

https://twitter.com/romeovillekid/status/1685441925887692800?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Quarterback at least confirmed that Mahomes’ new house is McMansion tier garbage. Also my Chiefs-fan wife had a laugh when they talked about how gorgeous their view was because it looks indistinguishable from the view of every rural house in Missouri.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

King Hong Kong posted:

Quarterback at least confirmed that Mahomes’ new house is McMansion tier garbage.

I think if you have over a few million in the Midwest you’re legally required to own one of those

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Wearing a Kelly Green shirt rn, owns

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Needs to get with Aarons shaman for his next trip.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
They don't need Taylor anymore since they drafted Richardson. Why would you want to pair an All Pro RB with a rookie QB? Terrible idea.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He remembers when he had Marshall Faulk paired with Peyton Manning as a rookie and it went terribly, obviously it was the smart thing to get rid of Marshall Faulk. <Turns and stares directly at the camera>

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Kalli posted:

He remembers when he had Marshall Faulk paired with Peyton Manning as a rookie and it went terribly, obviously it was the smart thing to get rid of Marshall Faulk. <Turns and stares directly at the camera>

does he remember it, though?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Taylor to the bengals please

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Is there a team that is willing to give up a high pick for him plus pay him?

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y1feEqgRZQI&pp=ygUZT25pb24gc3BvcnRzIGxpZmUgbWVhbmogZw%3D%3D

Extreme onion energy

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

Hue Jackson is a fuedal lord born in the wrong time

Something makes me feel like that if hue Jackson was alive in the era of feudal lords, he'd have an issue becoming one back then too

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Maybe? We’re less than a season from Shanahan taking on CMC’s deal and paying heavily for it.

https://twitter.com/albertbreer/status/1685462392119984128?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

mcmagic posted:

He had just short of 1k carries in 3 years of college. Add that in with his NFL carries and he's got Derrick Henry's pro career number of carries. There's no way in hell.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That means he’s available.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Let's go the Philadelphia Roughriders

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Irsay is a treasure

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Diva Cupcake posted:

Maybe? We’re less than a season from Shanahan taking on CMC’s deal and paying heavily for it.

https://twitter.com/albertbreer/status/1685462392119984128?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Its crazy that CMC got paid what he did considering how quickly he appeared to be struggling with injuries but CMC is as much paid for his receiving ability as anything so I can kind of understand it.

With league trends how they are and there being three or four WRs being used in the run game now and even talks of Laviska getting that kind of role under Reich, I think we're going to see a few of these types of hybrid players over the next few years. I know teams wanting guys who can do that is nothing new but if you can draft a rookie bell cow and pay him poo poo and your second or third receiver can provide you with some explosive plays and you're only paying him as a 3rd receiver, why would you shell out twice the cost of both for one guy?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
28. He was never long for the league with those knees tho.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1685463937888747520?t=xMJ7BraSM-eO5nLcdu8GCg&s=19

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jul 30, 2023

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nodoze posted:

Irsay is a treasure

JT: I want a trade.

Irsay: Nobody would care if I died.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Flikken posted:

*looks at the Chubb contract*

Cleveland don't do anything stupid Don't do anything else stupid

Don't do anything else else stupid......anything else else else stupid............:smith:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I have mixed feelings on Sony. On the one hand, he was instrumental to the Pats winning their last super bowl, which is the whole goal. Dude went loving HAM in the playoffs including scoring the only TD in that dogshit Pats/Rams SB. On the other hand, I have to imagine they could have found similar production elsewhere. Being Brady's RB tends to make guys look good. And it's brutal looking at that 2018 draft and seeing Chubb right there. (Also Lamar but outside of my fantasies that wasn't gonna happen with Brady still playing at a high level).

I'll go with being happy about the Lombardi. Hope his knee issues don't keep him from enjoying retirement.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

BlindSite posted:

Its crazy that CMC got paid what he did considering how quickly he appeared to be struggling with injuries but CMC is as much paid for his receiving ability as anything so I can kind of understand it.

Speaking as a 49ers fan, I have to say that CMC's paycheck is a loving bargain.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

mllaneza posted:

Speaking as a 49ers fan, I have to say that CMC's paycheck is a loving bargain.

Well yeah it is when the Panthers are taking like a 25 million dollar cap hit in total from it.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
CMC was the Panthers offense for a long time and was a major reason the 49ers swept the latter half of the season.

If any RB deserves to be paid (and to be clear, they all do), it's him.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/jeffdarlington/status/1685477333338095616?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Guess that ends the trade rumors.

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1685634804081967104?s=61&t=5XhQ3IY0TKf9sLs_Mzh2Lw

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Is it just me or are there more blown calves this year

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1685640414064181248?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jim Irsay after a weekend bender getting the Sunday Scaries is extremely on brand

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

too many skipped leg days

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mega64 posted:

CMC was the Panthers offense for a long time and was a major reason the 49ers swept the latter half of the season.

If any RB deserves to be paid (and to be clear, they all do), it's him.

Almost everyone here laughed at that contract at the time.

To be fair in the context he signed it it was terrible, but cmc probably is that good.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kadarius Toney's meniscus surgery went well and it seems he'll be back in just a few weeks.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

FizFashizzle posted:

Almost everyone here laughed at that contract at the time.

To be fair in the context he signed it it was terrible, but cmc probably is that good.

As a pure running back that deal is bad, but CMC is basically a slot receiver and RB in one. If he wasn't as good in the passing game as he is then yeah for sure when you factor in that he is not the most durable guy either

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

Kadarius Toney's meniscus surgery went well and it seems he'll be back on IR in just a few weeks.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

kiimo posted:

Kadarius Toney's meniscus surgery went well and it seems he'll be back in just a few weeks.

Interesting.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
cool toney will be back in time to get injured before the opener

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I know we all know the cliches of camp but one I don't think we talk about enough is this one. The Chiefs receivers are looking really strong in camp so of course the conversations "what is wrong with the defense / secondary??" talks are happening. That reaction happens every camp and it's hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

fartknocker posted:

AV/post combo

Nah, their initial jerseys were kinda sucky, they made some tweaks to them over their first 3-4 years

I miss the B shield but man I forgot how rough those were