Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Thread reminded me that I unlocked new SU with me hitting 65.

Auto'd 7-4 like it was nothing, always go Preservation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I can full auto every world on difficulty 3, but that's because Gepard and Luocha are cheat codes. Looking forward to try it again in 3 weeks when I get to 65.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Walla posted:

I can full auto every world on difficulty 3, but that's because Gepard and Luocha are cheat codes. Looking forward to try it again in 3 weeks when I get to 65.

I auto every level and it's fine. moc is the only place i have to pay attention (so I just don't try)

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
What's the best paths for SU? Sites say the Hunt mostly.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
As a Jing Yuan haver I typically go elation and then auto battle everything

I also start blessing because it seems like there's only a few curios you can start with and they're all kinda meh

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Always curio. Blue cheese or Shattered Star Bait are both nuts.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Violet_Sky posted:

- Hunt is good if you have strong DPS for it to multiply the damage of, maybe less good if you're going in underlevelled?
- Nihility can solo-DPS most of the bosses even if you have weak characters, but you have to go deep on it.

I've seen people speak well of Preservation as both good damage and survivability. Remembrance can stunlock bosses but that's probably worse than just killing them? Abundance's cleanse will carry you through Kafka (World 5) but is less useful elsewhere.

Elation is bad unless your carry is built around follow-ups or you get the 3* blessing that makes it also affect your ultimates (at which point it's really just a big DPS boost, so why not pick Hunt and not have to roll the dice on getting that blessing?), Destruction is just uninspiring but maybe someone has made it work somehow.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hunt is the most straight forward but it all depends on party composition. If you have a energy neutral party and have a character like Seele then yeah its very powerful but destruction at low health provides more relative damage and protection. Abundance makes your party essentially immortal so you can pretty much clear any SU with any team as long as you dont mind going slow. I love clara elation hybrid setups, wish we had a physical harmony character that synergized harder with follow up attacks.

Jabor posted:

Elation is bad unless your carry is built around follow-ups or you get the 3* blessing that makes it also affect your ultimates (at which point it's really just a big DPS boost, so why not pick Hunt and not have to roll the dice on getting that blessing?), Destruction is just uninspiring but maybe someone has made it work somehow.

Elation is silly if you get it rolling right. Imagine having clara hit for like 300k counter attacking but she does it like 3 times because the boss and his trash keep slamming into her

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I don't know about best, but my favorite is Nihility. I always try to get the weakness break related ones. Especially Hell is Other People, it's funny to stack a bunch of weakness break effects on all the enemies.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Hunt is great if you're underleveled. I can auto the Deer with Hunt but not Remembrance.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Destruction remains by far the weirdest element

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

One of these days I will do an Arlan solo on Gepard.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Jabor posted:

- Hunt is good if you have strong DPS for it to multiply the damage of, maybe less good if you're going in underlevelled?
- Nihility can solo-DPS most of the bosses even if you have weak characters, but you have to go deep on it.

I've seen people speak well of Preservation as both good damage and survivability. Remembrance can stunlock bosses but that's probably worse than just killing them? Abundance's cleanse will carry you through Kafka (World 5) but is less useful elsewhere.

Remembrance is another go deep, get fat rewards one where if you get the disassociation multipliers you can do an absolute shitload of damage detonating it - I got my 150 and 300k achievements on an SU remembrance run... in the same battle.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Remembrance is crazy good if you get the Disassociation blessings. Unless you're in World 6 where things go terribly wrong at the end.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Hunt is the most straight forward but it all depends on party composition. If you have a energy neutral party and have a character like Seele then yeah its very powerful but destruction at low health provides more relative damage and protection. Abundance makes your party essentially immortal so you can pretty much clear any SU with any team as long as you dont mind going slow. I love clara elation hybrid setups, wish we had a physical harmony character that synergized harder with follow up attacks.

Elation is silly if you get it rolling right. Imagine having clara hit for like 300k counter attacking but she does it like 3 times because the boss and his trash keep slamming into her

I really want to try a Blade, Clara, Hiemko, Luocha party and just go all in on follow ups.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Meowywitch posted:

Destruction remains by far the weirdest element

I find it decent for dips, great for, well, Blade and Clara, the destruction hypercarries.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

The final stage of the Luofu Forgotten Hall stuff is *way* harder than everything before it. I had a fairly easy time getting 3* on all the others (first try for all of them), but I just can't do enough damage to the final one, even with all 10 stacks. And the boss + enemies outdamage my Bailu's healing after a while, even with March assisting to help build up the buffs.

Yeah I don’t know how the hell you get 3 stars on this I barely made 2. Kafka isn’t too bad but the first boss takes forever even with 10 stacks.

One thing I found neat about it was that even with how op Luocha is, Bailu is still better for that first fight with how much damage you need to heal.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

Secret to last stage 6 is to constantly heal/targeted buff your main damage dealer even if it doesn’t need it cause it removes a debuff and gives them 20% damage increase which stacks

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Violet_Sky posted:

it's destruction

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Zurai posted:

I always go curio at the start unless my plan for the run absolutely requires two path resonance blessings (dispel + repeat on the abundance blessing vs Kafka is the main one). There are a bunch of curios that are better the earlier you get them, and several more that can "inform" your build. For example, if you get the fishhook that advances every character's turn as soon as they end their turn, the Hunt blessings that give you bonuses for taking turns without getting hit get a lot better.

Yeah, I often go with the "double destructibles" one (which translates to a ton of currency over an entire run if you get it at the beginning) or the "6% every time you're in this type of area" (which is the regular battle area if you get it at the start, and can also translate to a lot of currency provided you don't spend much early).

ultrachrist posted:

Yeah I don’t know how the hell you get 3 stars on this I barely made 2. Kafka isn’t too bad but the first boss takes forever even with 10 stacks.

One thing I found neat about it was that even with how op Luocha is, Bailu is still better for that first fight with how much damage you need to heal.

I can't even beat that stage (can't get past the first part), much less get any stars. I might just need to make my Bailu stronger; I've been coasting on "just okay" relics, but I think she needs more healing output to handle that. But even if she was stronger, I still think I would have run out of time, since I was at <10 rounds remaining with the boss at maybe 2/5 health; I just couldn't do enough damage, even with max stacks of the special buff.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jul 30, 2023

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

destruction has too many awkward ones where they give shields instead of helping damage. Which ends up clashing with Blade mechanics

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

GateOfD posted:

destruction has too many awkward ones where they give shields instead of helping damage. Which ends up clashing with Blade mechanics

Yeah, Destruction should be Blade's best path in SU, but it really isn't that great. Even the 3 star blessing that spreads damage across the party doesn't work that well on him, it doesn't trigger his "take damage" passive. And there's a lot of attack boosts in the blessings, too, which he doesn't care about that much.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

probably going elation for the followup damage to boost his talent, and make his ulitmate count as followup is the simple way to boost him

Kale
May 14, 2010

I actually had a pretty decent time with this last abyss. I don't count Floor 12 cause it's ridiculous to me with the 3 minutes to kill super tanky enemies approach, but I managed to clear all of Floor 9-11 for the first time in a while. I credit finally having a properly levelled Nahida to take advantage of the bonus and just her performance in general as well as having a more robust Melt team now with being able to manage it all. Even the defend the structure and Chamber 3 stuff was pretty manageable this go around. Also kind of found the 3rd Dance event in the Mirage surprisingly down to the wire. Been a while since it's taken me 3 tries to clear an event stage with all achievements and the 3rd attempt even came pretty down to the wire with me scrambling to cut down the last elite enemy and finishing with 2.5 seconds to spare. Actually kind of needed to time when I was getting the bonus for optimal clearing of the enemies and to make sure I could finish within the 2 and a half minute limit since you need to take out like 60 of them in that span. By comparison I feel like I could have done the flying the Barking Fox thing through rings with one hand and eye open just as readily and same with the Croco cannon one. The shuffleboard one was somewhere in the middle probably, moderate to low skill required but still cleared pretty readily versus no skill for the other non combat ones.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Thinking about a brighter world where you could do things as simple as make a "melt team" in this game, Honkai Star Rail. Reactions system was the best part of genshin's combat system and they tossed it out and replaced it with the most boringest weakness system ever, big sigh.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

reaction teams are cool conceptually but in reality they mostly just lead to finding the best reactions and cramming those as hard as possible

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

"find the highest dps thing and do that all the time" is most games

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The apex of gameplay in genshin impact was the dodoco roller coaster ride. So just build your teams for that.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Yeah I can't really say I find Genshin's combat too engaging. It does it's job just well enough to not interfere with exploration, but it's just not the game's strong point. Honkai Impact has much better combat if that's your thing and I'm sure Zenless Zone Zero will as well given both games are entirely about combat.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Kild posted:

it's destruction

Kale
May 14, 2010

Kale posted:

I actually had a pretty decent time with this last abyss. I don't count Floor 12 cause it's ridiculous to me with the 3 minutes to kill super tanky enemies approach, but I managed to clear all of Floor 9-11 for the first time in a while. I credit finally having a properly levelled Nahida to take advantage of the bonus and just her performance in general as well as having a more robust Melt team now with being able to manage it all. Even the defend the structure and Chamber 3 stuff was pretty manageable this go around. Also kind of found the 3rd Dance event in the Mirage surprisingly down to the wire. Been a while since it's taken me 3 tries to clear an event stage with all achievements and the 3rd attempt even came pretty down to the wire with me scrambling to cut down the last elite enemy and finishing with 2.5 seconds to spare. Actually kind of needed to time when I was getting the bonus for optimal clearing of the enemies and to make sure I could finish within the 2 and a half minute limit since you need to take out like 60 of them in that span. By comparison I feel like I could have done the flying the Barking Fox thing through rings with one hand and eye open just as readily and same with the Croco cannon one. The shuffleboard one was somewhere in the middle probably, moderate to low skill required but still cleared pretty readily versus no skill for the other non combat ones.

I completely posted this in the wrong thread and meant it for the Genshin one. My bad.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Finally broke my standard banner pity and uh

Welt really likes me apparently

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

blizzardvizard posted:

Finally broke my standard banner pity and uh

Welt really likes me apparently

Now I'm sad that Welt doesn't like me.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

E2 Welt rocks and Dan Heng is his best friend. It's great.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Izzhov posted:

Just use fireblazer

I did try that, but fireblazer needed another sustain unit on her side, so I ended up spending 16 turns on the first half, lol. I did get the star for deathless, however! :haw:

Walla posted:

March 7th is great against those apes if you have the time and resources, and inclination, to build her. She's arguably better than Gepard because she can refresh her shield every turn and can tank better. You still run into the speed tuning problem, and you need to bring a healer as well since not everyone will target March.

Well the speed tuning is a bit less of an issue -- you can see the turn order beforehand, you know who will be spending skillpoints, so you shield that one. It still doesn't solve the skillpoint issue though.

After bringing Welt I also realized another benefit to March (and Welt) against ape -- their ults have hard CC, so you can use it to interrupt the roar + leap combo and delay the leap attack by ulting right after the turn with the roar.

I was inspired by your setup and ended up bringing Luocha + Welt against ape. I ended up just spending skills as normal, and save Luocha and Welt ults for his leap combo, if not already broken. Basically wait for his roar, and either Luocha ult right after (to purge the attack buff), or Welt ult (to interrupt and prevent the leap move, and pray that it lands).

It also meant my second half was Gepard - Pela - SW - Qingque and they had none of the correct elements, but SW is SW and Qingque is a loving queen, so they blitzed their half anyway. I made the 16-turn timer anyway even though I had a death on each side (both were kinda unlucky enemy targeting). Turns out you could get 2 stars on a stage, but you don't have to get both of the stars in the same run! :eng101:

facepalmolive fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jul 31, 2023

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
I’d hold off on spending this weeks immersifiers until later in the week. Looks like a planar fissure event coming up !

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

BearPlayingGuitar posted:

I’d hold off on spending this weeks immersifiers until later in the week. Looks like a planar fissure event coming up !

Thanks for the heads up!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Heyyy, my standard banner pity popped! :toot:

Time for March 7th to permanently hit the bench because it's ZERO DEFENSE SWORD SURFING GANG

(I ran out of ice ascension materials :shobon:)

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

looks like a fun setup really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

GateOfD posted:

looks like a fun setup really

I've been using the same thing but with M7 over YQ and it actually does a preposterous amount of damage off the back of Silver Wolf breaks.

Now I have an actual damage dealer to supplement her. :getin: