Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard
I like how on the F1TV post race show they always stand somewhere you can watch everyone leaving and the place gradually emptying out, it’s a real chill sense of closure to the weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Had a lovely nap

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

net work error posted:

My favorite part was when Lewis got fastest lap.

Got me thinking about a sandwich for lunch for some reason.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

net work error posted:

My favorite part was when Lewis got fastest lap.

Same OP

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

It's lights out and away we zzzzzzzz

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

ethanol posted:

Perez sucks so bad

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Not sure if my VPN shithousery got me shadowbanned from the F1TV Pro broadcast, which was fine for the preshow, but then stubbornly refused to play the race.

So I switched over to my pirated Sky F1 60fps stream service and muted it so I didn't have to hear the fat darts wanker shouting over it. Good job on retaining that subscriber income I guess, Liberty. Murdoch's not getting a loving penny out of me. :shrug:

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Deltasquid posted:

Seriously, goons have fried their dopamine receptor or something. The race was good. Yesterday was good. Quali was good. It was a good weekend.

If you get bored during this race you're the type of person to scroll Tiktok and play subway surfer while eating with the TV on in the background

I would loving love to have F1 races air side by side with Subway Surfers and compare and contrast who are the better Racists

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Solid race but man I’m getting tired of seeing Max gently caress off into the distance.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Charles Leclerc posted:

Not sure if my VPN shithousery got me shadowbanned from the F1TV Pro broadcast, which was fine for the preshow, but then stubbornly refused to play the race.

So I switched over to my pirated Sky F1 60fps stream service and muted it so I didn't have to hear the fat darts wanker shouting over it. Good job on retaining that subscriber income I guess, Liberty. Murdoch's not getting a loving penny out of me. :shrug:

MLB's VPN detection does this really weird flare up thing where like 80% of the time it'll just complain once then play fine then like 20% of the time it'll just outright refuse to play the baseball game I want to watch.

I ain't paying media companies poo poo lol

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Max probably broke Perez today.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
How boring was the race?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Judge Schnoopy posted:

F1: High speed racing for 1.5 hours, turn 1 contact taking two drivers out, no safety cars, teams losing by betting on rain that never showed, overtakes every lap

Goons: I'M BORED

the race was determined like 3 corners in when the Red Bull flew past the Ferrari. How exciting

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

ilmucche posted:

How boring was the race?

First part was serviceable. Second half was a snoozer. Some goons claim a few overtakes from completely irrelevant drivers made it an absolute stunner, but I wouldn’t pay much attention.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Yeah maybe if everyone got points from 20 to 0 and none for DNF/Out and you didnt have one team set to win WDC halfway into the year the races would be more exciting. As it stands I care far mote about aston martin/ferrari because its not a guarantee either way.

Red Bull just has no real issues and the best pit stops and can get other teams to take penalties to make up for whatever poo poo/bad luck they have

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Kirios posted:

Solid race but man I’m getting tired of seeing Max gently caress off into the distance.

I think what’s annoying is just how lucky he’s been this season. No one accidentally tagged him when he didn’t start on pole. No mechanical or engine failures. Never actually hit anything when “he almost lost it” like today. No slow pit stops.

I think there must be a witch involved.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Dictator. posted:

Another good Max weekend. By when will he clinch WDC?

It always takes longer than you would think because every race could be a 25 pt swing to the runner-up, theoretically.

So, today 314 Max - 189 Checo = 125 points gap = five more races and they could be tied!

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

smackfu posted:

I think what’s annoying is just how lucky he’s been this season. No one accidentally tagged him when he didn’t start on pole. No mechanical or engine failures. Never actually hit anything when “he almost lost it” like today. No slow pit stops.

For all the poo poo people give Max - rightly so, he’s an awful person! - RB has outclassed everyone this season with mechanical reliability, pit consistency and a tech advantage. I’m sure people would prefer a wholesome team like McLaren to be on the top spot, and not an outfit ran by Dr. Helmut “I’m sure he was involved is SOME warcrimes” Marko and Geri Haliwell’s husband.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

smackfu posted:

If anything I think that speaks to the quality of the grid at the moment. Excepting Sleepy Sainz skullfucking Piastri's race and then blaming it on Piastri because lol, most of them seem to have enough spacial awareness to not act like a truck driver hopped up on percocets.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Unrequested Spa trip report:

- Eau Rouge is pretty impressive live, very steep
- No one remotely cares about Porsche Supercup
- Boring race but some English lads behind me in the stands were making funny quips that made it more bearable
- There is a dedicated Max Verstappen stand, which is a good idea to keep that filth away from normal, working class people

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It is a tragedy what the Dutch and Austrians have done to the great sport of Grand Prix Motor Racing. I suggest banning all Dutchmen and Austrians from F1.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

smackfu posted:

It always takes longer than you would think because every race could be a 25 pt swing to the runner-up, theoretically.

So, today 314 Max - 189 Checo = 125 points gap = five more races and they could be tied!

So probably Qatar, or if Checo bombs another one, Japan maybe even?

WHERE MY HAT IS AT
Jan 7, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It is a tragedy what the Dutch and Austrians have done. I suggest banning all Dutchmen and Austrians.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

*nods*

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It is a tragedy what the Dutch and Austrians have done to the great sport of Grand Prix Motor Racing. I suggest banning all Dutchmen and Austrians from F1.

GIT GUD

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Mokotow posted:

wholesome team like McLaren

Wild take

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

You guys are loving broken - this was a good race but Hungary wasn't??

Spa was the biggest snoozefest so far

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Personal Lucubrant posted:

Got me thinking about a sandwich for lunch for some reason.

i got one of these for lunch

thank u

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Diet Crack posted:

You guys are loving broken - this was a good race but Hungary wasn't??

Spa was the biggest snoozefest so far

Spa is nice to watch cars go in the circle even if there isn't racing

Witeldram
Feb 22, 2022

God I hate this team so much

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Snackula posted:

Max please we just resurrected Sergio don’t do this to him

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Krusty's head should just be an image of a retaining wall.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Sunk Dunk posted:

I’ve never seen anyone in real life wearing palm angels or alpha tauri

Alpha Tauri at least isn’t available in the US. I wouldn’t be surprised if Palm Angels isn’t either. When I was in Europe for monaco I saw that poo poo all over, the most shocking was the former HAAS sponsor Jack and Jones, that poo poo was on everyone.

Also gently caress max and red bull and horner and marko.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Max is a good lad who means well (when he is winning by 20 seconds over his teammate).

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Poor Oscar :(

Looks like a poo poo race from the highlights, other than some overtakes in the midfield

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Watching Albon climb up the grid only to be pitted and start over again at p19 over and over made me legit bummed for him

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

I enjoy Ferrari keeping Sainz out for 20 useless laps with a football-sized hole in the sidepod

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

best bale posted:

Watching Albon climb up the grid only to be pitted and start over again at p19 over and over made me legit bummed for him

Yeah I don’t know the point of that last pit stop in particular. Dropping down from 12th or so in the last quarter of the race isn’t going to get you points.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Mokotow posted:

I enjoy Ferrari keeping Sainz out for 20 useless laps with a football-sized hole in the sidepod

It's his punishment for driving into Piastri. A just punishment imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Average Lettuce posted:

Unrequested Spa trip report:

- Eau Rouge is pretty impressive live, very steep
- No one remotely cares about Porsche Supercup
- Boring race but some English lads behind me in the stands were making funny quips that made it more bearable
- There is a dedicated Max Verstappen stand, which is a good idea to keep that filth away from normal, working class people

What, you don't like breathing in 100 various road flare fumes?