Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Gyshall posted:

How do I get good? My first two games have been false starts, my latest one I went bankrupt before getting to the mainland.

It really depends what's going wrong, but the operations at the start are mostly traps since you are bleeding a lot of money. I'm on my second game and it's much smoother despite bumping the difficulty up. These were the main differences in my approach in game 2:
- getting off tutorial island to secure a mine for income is the #1 priority (once you do that you can relax a bit)
- wounds will heal themselves slowly so don't waste time with healing until you have more mercs, let mercs with light wounds fight as normal and give heavily wounded mercs a long ranged weapon or have them sneak around
- don't waste time with repairing early as you will get better weapons in better condition by fighting
- melee and stealth is very strong although takes some patience to work out
- the custom merc is very strong potentially (having them max marksmanship makes the early fights a lot easier)
- Barry and Livewire are excellent early mercs, Fox is very good if you use melee, the others are whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

dogstile posted:

Lol, i did the entire col fort by just chilling on a roof with 6 snipers while blood with a knife + steroid and my imp shredded anyone who got close with lmgs.

I'm definitely gonna have to start using some 9mm stuff for now and craft later, but holy lol, everything that popped its head out died. Anything that didn't got barry tube'd

one of these days im gonna do a straight machinegunner IMP. Auto weapons and heavy weapons combined. Someone else can train everyone's leadership to train up the squad down the road.

btw anyone ever make the red dot really work for them? I kinda just use the UV Dot instead. ALso never bothered with the flashlights either.

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

It really depends what's going wrong, but the operations at the start are mostly traps since you are bleeding a lot of money. I'm on my second game and it's much smoother despite bumping the difficulty up. These were the main differences in my approach in game 2:
- getting off tutorial island to secure a mine for income is the #1 priority (once you do that you can relax a bit)
- wounds will heal themselves slowly so don't waste time with healing until you have more mercs, let mercs with light wounds fight as normal and give heavily wounded mercs a long ranged weapon or have them sneak around
- don't waste time with repairing early as you will get better weapons in better condition by fighting
- melee and stealth is very strong although takes some patience to work out
- the custom merc is very strong potentially (having them max marksmanship makes the early fights a lot easier)
- Barry and Livewire are excellent early mercs, Fox is very good if you use melee, the others are whatever

will remember this for next time. What's the lowest condition I can use a gun and have it still be effective (avoid jams mostly)?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

TheWeedNumber posted:

one of these days im gonna do a straight machinegunner IMP. Auto weapons and heavy weapons combined. Someone else can train everyone's leadership to train up the squad down the road.

That's precisely what i did, but I also nuked all explosives/medical/mechanics.

He's a pure fighter, took psycho too. Had enough left for full leadership, although next time I play I'll leave that lower and max Dex instead

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

TheWeedNumber posted:

btw anyone ever make the red dot really work for them? I kinda just use the UV Dot instead. ALso never bothered with the flashlights either.

will remember this for next time. What's the lowest condition I can use a gun and have it still be effective (avoid jams mostly)?

I don't remember ever having a gun over 80% jam but under 70% it happens a lot, so 75%ish feels about right to me. Something to consider though is that some guns lose condition fast enough that it can be noticed and start jamming within a single fight, like if you are firing an MG a lot.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

I don't remember ever having a gun over 80% jam but under 70% it happens a lot, so 75%ish feels about right to me. Something to consider though is that some guns lose condition fast enough that it can be noticed and start jamming within a single fight, like if you are firing an MG a lot.

or firing a grenade launcher or rpg often. fun fact, never noticed the 40mm grenade launchers on rifle's having that problem. Consider noob tubing over vert grips i guess? Also are there reasons to replace the ak-47 once AP ammo becomes plentiful? I noticed that 5.56mm takes like 30 parts to make 30 regular rounds so gently caress mass producing 556mm. 7.62mm WP is pretty cheap at 10 parts per 30. I can't remember nato ammo but it wasn't that bad either.

What's the most part efficient ammo to manufacture is my question rn? Because AP ammo needs basic ammo to manufacture as well as parts. Hollows and tracers require gunpowder but thats probably best used making basic ammo IIRC. What's the move?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gyshall posted:

How do I get good? My first two games have been false starts, my latest one I went bankrupt before getting to the mainland.

If you're running out of money before you get to the mainland I think your problem is either A) you're not being aggressive enough about taking territory (you should basically take the starting island as quickly as possible and then move on to capture a mine on the mainland), or B) you're hiring more mercs than you can afford to start off. You don't need to fill out a full squad to 6 people for the start of the game and going with 3 mercs + IMP should leave you with enough cash to rehire those mercs for a second round in case you can't get cashflow quickly enough. You also want to try to minimize your downtime doing operations on the starting island - if you need to patch up your squad after taking wounds that is a good idea but you definitely don't want to spend any time training mercs before you have positive income.

TheWeedNumber posted:

or firing a grenade launcher or rpg often. fun fact, never noticed the 40mm grenade launchers on rifle's having that problem. Consider noob tubing over vert grips i guess? Also are there reasons to replace the ak-47 once AP ammo becomes plentiful? I noticed that 5.56mm takes like 30 parts to make 30 regular rounds so gently caress mass producing 556mm. 7.62mm WP is pretty cheap at 10 parts per 30. I can't remember nato ammo but it wasn't that bad either.

What's the most part efficient ammo to manufacture is my question rn? Because AP ammo needs basic ammo to manufacture as well as parts. Hollows and tracers require gunpowder but thats probably best used making basic ammo IIRC. What's the move?

HP ammo is going to fall off in utility as you get deeper into the game and armour is more common, since even light armour can block them and prevent crits which is the whole point of using HP ammo. It still has utility if you have Kalyna in your squad since you can use her special ability to ignore armour with HP ammo which is crazy powerful but very niche. Tracers I never found super useful since the benefit requires getting a hit in the first place and if you can score that hit then their cover wasn't doing a lot for them anyway (and there's lots of other ways to apply exposed like melee or shotguns which don't require any special crafting at all). Standard -> AP feels like the most generally useful ammo to craft since AP is useful for everyone in every situation, the only real downside is the extra resource investment is a bit wasted if you just happen to be fighting enemies with armour you can penetrate with standard ammo.

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jul 31, 2023

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Gyshall posted:

The Cheshire Cat posted:

If you're running out of money before you get to the mainland I think your problem is either A) you're not being aggressive enough about taking territory (you should basically take the starting island as quickly as possible and then move on to capture a mine on the mainland), or B) you're hiring more mercs than you can afford to start off. You don't need to fill out a full squad to 6 people for the start of the game and going with 3 mercs + IMP should leave you with enough cash to rehire those mercs for a second round in case you can't get cashflow quickly enough. You also want to try to minimize your downtime doing operations on the starting island - if you need to patch up your squad after taking wounds that is a good idea but you definitely don't want to spend any time training mercs before you have positive income.

☝️ it's all this. Once you get off Ernie and take a mine, the pressure of money starts going away very fast. Running out of money is probably pointing to too much time used inefficiently at the start -- it's what I did in my first two runs and got past in my third run.

You should take all the squares of Ernie and explore them and all, but once you take the fort there, you can mostly ignore it. As a result, training too many militia there eats up time (doing it once is probably fine, you maybe not even need it at all). Treating wounds when you only have 1 or 2 wounds on people is also a sink in time. Training up mercs while you're on Ernie also eats up your time, and almost certainly isn't worth it. Repairing guns may be worth it before hitting the mainland, but only if your guns are an issue in combat.

Otherwise,
- try to salvage every set of parts you can find everywhere
- loot every single gun, and once you have too many, scrap the rest for parts
- make sure you modify your guns, the game doesn't tell you to do this (I don't think?) but its crucial
- open up the inventory, right click on a gun you want to mod, and choose "modify"
- the easiest merc for the beginning is Barry, he has a ton of skill in explosives, and an ability that gives you explosives that regenerate for free over time, use his free shaped charges to blow away enemies
- Livewire is also really strong
- make sure you create an I.M.P. merc for free if you haven't already
- use cover, use the "sneaking" ability (H on the keyboard to have a merc start sneaking) to set up ambushes before combat starts, and use it when you want to position mercs for a surprise flank
- rifles are really strong, SMGs aren't, assault rifles can be, but rifles are king

Past that, do Ernie, don't worry about training militia there before a mine, and focus on getting a mine after doing Ernie. A mine will take off the money pressure, two will completely relieve any money issues. From there it's just a snowball, you'll have the money to hire good mercs, time to train your mercs, come across better weapons, modify your weapons, etc.

edit: Also you may want to try out the mod to show the percentage chance of hitting: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2993428346 , it will probably make things easier, but I've been playing with it on because I like it. It's easier to tell where the threshold for a reasonable chance to hit is, and where you'd be wasting AP for no gain.

piratepilates fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jul 31, 2023

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
What about the red dot that supposedly gives marked at 3+ aim levels? Like I never noticed it doing that prior to a shot landing so is it more of a gun you use to allow someone else to get the crit? Or what?

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
For MERCs that don't get along, like Livewire and the cops Raven and Raider, if they aren't in the same squad, will they still cause problems?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

ccubed posted:

For MERCs that don't get along, like Livewire and the cops Raven and Raider, if they aren't in the same squad, will they still cause problems?

Depends on the merc. Not being in the same squad will prevent the morale penalties (although they might still get them if they're in separate squads but on the same map? I'm not sure, I never thought to check), but some mercs will straight up refuse to be hired/rehired if you've got someone they hate in your employ at all.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Holy poo poo I just discovered you can use all of a machine gunner's AP blasting at dudes, and they still get their full set of interruption attacks during the enemy turn despite being out of actions??? And I thought they were heinously OP before. :lol:

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

What technically ends the game? I found there is a square in the extreme northeast with someone that needs a rescue. There are 5 squares that are greyed out roughly in the south and I've taken out Corazon. Maybe that happened too early but I thought it would stop elite mercenaries from spawning that my guys were having difficulty with and that part seems to have worked. I'm not sure what ends the game and what ducks I have get in order to get a non poo poo ending. I feel like next playthrough its avoid the refugee camp for a much longer time. On a related note. I can't remember the name of the communist in the north but he seems to be trapped in the green diamond map, is there anyway to make him exit that so I can talk to him in the north town map

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Arrath posted:

Holy poo poo I just discovered you can use all of a machine gunner's AP blasting at dudes, and they still get their full set of interruption attacks during the enemy turn despite being out of actions??? And I thought they were heinously OP before. :lol:

Yeah, I think it's why Auto Weapons skill is better than Heavy Weapons for MG users. Ivan is probably the scariest MG user in the game with his unique perk.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
Got some strange behavior that's making me wonder if I encountered a bug or accidental sequence break. Basically, I journeyed north to Pantagruel, met Chimurenga, he acted pretty friendly and suggested I find Biff. A little while later I got a radio alert for help from Biff up at the top of the map, so I headed over and got stuck in a giant wave defense fight. hosed up positioning and Biff ended up trying to solo a squad of enemies while I couldn't help, and got himself killed. I still won the fight, looted his body, and then immediately got attacked by Chimurenga and ended up killing him, giving a bunch of alerts about Pantagruel hating me now and throwing off my control(despite having a bunch of militia and some mercs healing up there). Some googling suggests that there should have been some dialogue and a chance to give him a diamond for peace? Did I gently caress up badly enough to reload the fight or just not respond to the aid request?

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
im thinking AK-74s aren't so great once you have FALs and Galils with AP ammo. Or anything with AP ammo. Penetration gets upgraded to Heavy automatically at that point. Main reason i say that is no UV Dot on AK pattern weapons.

Anyway fun fact if you go to the refugee camp before corazon summons you and cure the shaman's family you can get a full set of heavy armor that is not cumbersome off of him. turns out ole shaman was a "death commando" whatever that means. Also herman/martha will be there and you can send them off with a few bucks assuming you didn't let herman get lynched in ernie after outing him. bastien will be there if you let him live war profiteering and there's a literal karen stereotype there too. You can also benefit the diamond red mine here on top of the workers you can hire from fleatown. Between that and intercepting the team going for biff, you have alot of time in the early game to just chill out and enjoy the bennies.

gonna do another strat where i conquer the map again up till moving on the major and then trigger the end game. feels good man.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3
Cool strat for underground levels: stack the entire squad up on an interactable door, have your two least deadly mercs commit their AP to opening and closing it, and have the other 4 walk in and fire while leaving enough AP left over to walk out. Always end the turn with the door closed. Fish in a barrel.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
This game is fun now that I'm getting the hang of it but man is it janky. I haven't played the previous games so I can't tell how much of that is just legacy jank carried forward.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Goofballs posted:

What technically ends the game? I found there is a square in the extreme northeast with someone that needs a rescue. There are 5 squares that are greyed out roughly in the south and I've taken out Corazon. Maybe that happened too early but I thought it would stop elite mercenaries from spawning that my guys were having difficulty with and that part seems to have worked. I'm not sure what ends the game and what ducks I have get in order to get a non poo poo ending. I feel like next playthrough its avoid the refugee camp for a much longer time. On a related note. I can't remember the name of the communist in the north but he seems to be trapped in the green diamond map, is there anyway to make him exit that so I can talk to him in the north town map

I am not 100% of this since you can do these in any order and it's possible that the order I did them in made me think some optional objectives are mandatory, but I'm pretty confident that the key objectives required for the game to end are:

Take out Corazon, The Major, and Colonel Faucheaux

There are a lot more things that can affect the ending though and it's scattered all over the game, a good chunk of which is missable but not super hard to find if you're staying on top of things and being thorough. I got the best ending on my first go around without any guidance and the achievement for getting enough evidence to clear my name popped well before I finished so it seems like you don't have to hit every single one of the points to get the best ending.

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jul 31, 2023

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
The little mini quests that the mercs give you in a fight can be hilariously on point for their personalities. I have both Fox and Mouse in my party, and I know they don't get along, so Fox have me a goal that no one can get wounded in this fight *except* mouse. Got a chuckle out of me, until mouse caught the first bullet because she's my stealth melee killer and everyone else is back sniping.

Edit: Training up Mouse's strength and giving her a shotgun has turned her into my best non sniper killer. With like 100 agi and dex she can run halfway across the map and shank a dude, and with the free move perks still run away after.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fhqwhgads posted:

The little mini quests that the mercs give you in a fight can be hilariously on point for their personalities. I have both Fox and Mouse in my party, and I know they don't get along, so Fox have me a goal that no one can get wounded in this fight *except* mouse. Got a chuckle out of me, until mouse caught the first bullet because she's my stealth melee killer and everyone else is back sniping.

I had mouse doing stealth melee kills too but it was always weirdly unreliable. It seems like even 4 full bars for the "stealth kill" odds have a decent chance to fail and I'm not sure if that means the chance is capped or if it's a thing where it just means "you have at least a 75% success chance but it can go higher". I ended up finding sniping more reliable since even if it didn't roll the stealth kill, it often did enough damage on a normal hit to kill them anyway which as far as the game is concerned is just as good.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
Man the autofire buff cuts both ways. Finally figured out enhanced diesel and had to fight bounce’s folks and siegfrieds dudes. And guess what, they got to shotgun my dudes at the start for free. Lots of explosives, head shots, and Ivan/blood machinegunning nerds to death saved the day. Nails and livewire still went down this fight.

I currently am up to three squads, 2 full and one of 4. Idk if I ever wanna bother with recruiting Pierre since he comes so late in the game.

But rn, Larry and Flay are my free mercs. I’m saving a slot for the Major late game. And I want Gus and co for the end game.

Squad 1 (grunts/autofire specialists): Igor, Ivan, Barry, livewire, fox, blood
Squad 2 (snipers/heavy weapons): Sniper IMP, kalyna, wolf, flay, meltdown, grizzly
Squad 3: (assault/spare grunts: Larry, mouse, nails, Vickie. Two slots remaining.

Ivan/Igor stay, Barry/livewire stay, kalyna is there to headshot folks with hollow points and to supercrit but idk, maybe she can go since she’ll need weeks of work to unlock top tier perks in Dexterity and Agility. Grizzly and Meltdown are my heavy weapons folks so they remain. Since I’m running the 75% damage autofire mod, im collecting non omryn gunners so that means blood stays on alongside Igor. Wolf is there to speed up ops and always seems to move hella fast. Probably gonna give him a AA-12 and move him from sniper to assault team alongside mouse and nails as my shotgunners. Or might send that dude back too. Larry’s gonna be a lot better sobered up and Vickie is someone I’m trying out. Once I get her the tricked out gun, she’ll probably be amazing and I like her reusable lock pick.

Still feeling out nails but figure he is fine so long as everyone he and mouse are tag teaming die so he don’t get shot.

Idk what should I do with the final team comp?

Also Ivan and fox have 40mm GLs on their rifles. Plan to make that a standard thing once I’m rolling in c4. Still might have to vert grip it in the end though because there simply isnt enough c4 to keep a MGL fed as well as even 2-6 auxiliary grenadiers.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Eschatos posted:

Got some strange behavior that's making me wonder if I encountered a bug or accidental sequence break. Basically, I journeyed north to Pantagruel, met Chimurenga, he acted pretty friendly and suggested I find Biff. A little while later I got a radio alert for help from Biff up at the top of the map, so I headed over and got stuck in a giant wave defense fight. hosed up positioning and Biff ended up trying to solo a squad of enemies while I couldn't help, and got himself killed. I still won the fight, looted his body, and then immediately got attacked by Chimurenga and ended up killing him, giving a bunch of alerts about Pantagruel hating me now and throwing off my control(despite having a bunch of militia and some mercs healing up there). Some googling suggests that there should have been some dialogue and a chance to give him a diamond for peace? Did I gently caress up badly enough to reload the fight or just not respond to the aid request?

You need to make friends with the maquis before this happens. Just smoke the enemy patrol headed for biff and enjoy the map.

Btw corazon just radioed me talking about ”our contract is up because Emma found the president.” And the major called bullshit on that asap lol. Now she wants to meet. Lol just lol.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Goofballs posted:

Game ends as soon as You kill/resolve the last out of the Colonel/Corazon/Major trio. Once you interact with them and exit to the strategic map, the ending slides start. Corazon and Major will not die immediately, but be 'downed' and you have to talk to the to resolve their situation. So I think you could potentially leave them like that for a while and go somewhere else if you want to finish soe business first.

As far as I can tell from my game, the events mentioned during the ending are:
  • President surviving
  • Fate of Pierre
  • Fate of Chimurenga
  • Whether you recovered the Green Diamond
  • Red Plague
  • If you collected enough evidence for Corazon's trial

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

grate deceiver posted:

Game ends as soon as You kill/resolve the last out of the Colonel/Corazon/Major trio. Once you interact with them and exit to the strategic map, the ending slides start. Corazon and Major will not die immediately, but be 'downed' and you have to talk to the to resolve their situation. So I think you could potentially leave them like that for a while and go somewhere else if you want to finish soe business first.

As far as I can tell from my game, the events mentioned during the ending are:
  • President surviving
  • Fate of Pierre
  • Fate of Chimurenga
  • Whether you recovered the Green Diamond
  • Red Plague
  • If you collected enough evidence for Corazon's trial

siegfried’s super soldiers are also a slide. Well they were last time. They just got smoked so lol.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I got the achievement for collecting enough evidence as well, but in the ending slide I still got the bad ending.

Apparently whether or not you can recruit the Major is a game-wide influence check and the things you do in the dialogue are only a small part of it. When someone posted the list in Steam discussions I was like "oh right, I did the other option for the most of these".

Although I have no idea why I got the achievement even though I still failed it in the end.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

TheWeedNumber posted:

siegfried’s super soldiers are also a slide. Well they were last time. They just got smoked so lol.

I went against Siegfried, but I think I was missing a piece of evidence about the experiments. No mention in the slides, so you probably need to fully complete the storyline for it to be mentioned.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

grate deceiver posted:

I went against Siegfried, but I think I was missing a piece of evidence about the experiments. No mention in the slides, so you probably need to fully complete the storyline for it to be mentioned.

if you don’t smoke Siegfried but give him his diesel without knowing, there is a super soldier slide. There are a lot of clues needed to unlock this one. Google and you should find the list. I’ll link it later when I dig it up again.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Oh poo poo, if you have multiple enemy squads coming towards a sector with your mercs in it, once an enemy squad arrives, they will lock down your mercs and prevent you from leaving or counter-attacking until the other enemy squads arrive and attack in force. I guess this might only apply for enemy naval assaults but still, keep an eye out for that.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

toasterwarrior posted:

Oh poo poo, if you have multiple enemy squads coming towards a sector with your mercs in it, once an enemy squad arrives, they will lock down your mercs and prevent you from leaving or counter-attacking until the other enemy squads arrive and attack in force. I guess this might only apply for enemy naval assaults but still, keep an eye out for that.

Wdym? If you get attacked you just smoke those fools before the other squads arrive? Unless we’re talking the doom scenario in which case lol sorry you got caught. Also can’t you just retreat by walking ingame to a map edge and travel out?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I had a weird issue with one fort where I had to actually reload for it to enable my retreat option, so maybe you hit a bug? Half my team was tired and I didn't want to go in, game was refusin'

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

TheWeedNumber posted:

Wdym? If you get attacked you just smoke those fools before the other squads arrive? Unless we’re talking the doom scenario in which case lol sorry you got caught. Also can’t you just retreat by walking ingame to a map edge and travel out?

Nah, I couldn't even go into combat mode. Basically I had a squad sitting in Fleatown's port, one enemy squad landed, then we were in a standoff until the second squad arrived and finally started the battle.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

androo posted:

Cool strat for underground levels: stack the entire squad up on an interactable door, have your two least deadly mercs commit their AP to opening and closing it, and have the other 4 walk in and fire while leaving enough AP left over to walk out. Always end the turn with the door closed. Fish in a barrel.

I really hate opening doors, it is so hard to aim correctly and i often missclick. Something needs to be done with the interactive elements in this game.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

AutismVaccine posted:

I really hate opening doors, it is so hard to aim correctly and i often missclick. Something needs to be done with the interactive elements in this game.

Honestly, same.

I'm thinking about getting the options menu mod to let you make the squad size limit whatever you want since microing two squads to do most of the game arriving together is annoying.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Panzeh posted:

Honestly, same.

I'm thinking about getting the options menu mod to let you make the squad size limit whatever you want since microing two squads to do most of the game arriving together is annoying.

Yeah, that sounds nice.

Also i hate how much space is wasted in the inventory and the sector stash. For fucks sake i am running 2 millions pixels here, why do i need to scroll endlessly when having 100+ items

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

AutismVaccine posted:

Not only doors: I often have trouble clicking the right spot for any kind of interactions

It does helps to evoke that late 90s gaming feeling

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe
It's doubly annoying because there are big blue icons over most of these things, but you can't click on those. You have to rotate the camera and change level until you can click on the tiny mobile phone on a table in a shed instead.

I've noticed with doors in combat that sometimes the "Open" symbol doesn't appear at all. I have to select another character and come back to make it appear.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Yeah, sometimes the x-rayed walls let you click through them to open a chest, sometimes you can't. And don't get me started on the awkwardness of opening a door in battle- accidentally do it, spending 4 AP or something, and you stand out in the open as you do it. I thought XCOM solved this with big bright highlights appearing when you're in cover next to a closed door.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Gerblyn posted:

I've noticed with doors in combat that sometimes the "Open" symbol doesn't appear at all. I have to select another character and come back to make it appear.

I got screwed over in the hospital basement because i had to give a move order past a door to get it open which put the guy in a crocodile's melee interrupt range so he got critted when he ran away.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Gerblyn posted:

It's doubly annoying because there are big blue icons over most of these things, but you can't click on those

Yeah I keep trying that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

toasterwarrior posted:

Nah, I couldn't even go into combat mode. Basically I had a squad sitting in Fleatown's port, one enemy squad landed, then we were in a standoff until the second squad arrived and finally started the battle.

That has to be a bug. Never seen that happen ever.