Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

C’est magnifique, mais ce n’est pas la guerre.

Division artillery, air support and attack helicopters for a village?

isn't that the usual way when american military forces in any war after ww2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
it was a resident evil 8 village

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Frosted Flake posted:

C’est magnifique, mais ce n’est pas la guerre.

Division artillery, air support and attack helicopters for a village?

A commie village FF.

You're right I do give a poo poo.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Orange Devil posted:

I am a tankie who loves warcrimes and genocide.

hosed up thing to admit

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Orange Devil posted:

Yeah nobody gives a poo poo about that here. But when I say we should just buy cheap gas from Russia (directly, lol) I am a tankie who loves warcrimes and genocide.

redundant; all tankies love warcrimes and genocide

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Frosted Flake posted:

I love that "Indo-Pacific" has been fabricated out of whole cloth, in our lifetimes, as a term that has no coherent meaning if you try to define it outside US interests, and yet we're all supposed to believe it's not only a real thing but something we should die for.

I say that as someone who has a Southwest Asia Service Medal, another constructed geography I nearly died for, so forgive my being a little jaded.

It's an idea that narrowly focuses on China being the big bad while ignoring that every other country in the South China Sea is contesting each other's territorial claims as well.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's an idea that narrowly focuses on China being the big bad while ignoring that every other country in the South China Sea is contesting each other's territorial claims as well.

The RoC claims a larger portion of the SCS than the PRC!

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

war crimes ftw

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

dead gay comedy forums posted:

isn't that the usual way when american military forces in any war after ww2

Per Kill Anything That Moves and The American Way of War, yes.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
NAFO using a fictional map that Ukrainian nationalists presented to the WW1 Paris Peace Conference hoping to become one of the new nations created from the Treaty of Versailles, as aspirational borders to return to.

The West wasn't interested in an independent Ukraine then when they held all the cards. Do they think they're going to create this state now when it means invading Russia.

https://twitter.com/mr_kozicki/status/1686008857217114112?s=20

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

It means invading Belarus, so I'm all for it.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Also WTF britgoons

I thought you guys did Brexit so we would expressly avoid this kind of a situation.

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.
#sexnotgender

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/mr_kozicki/status/1654928429765017606

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

And right below that there's a photo of them posing with an ethnic ukrainian shirt.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I have some terrible news about what the Poles did to Jews during ww2, but apparently it's illegal to even discuss in Poland

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Frosted Flake posted:

I have some terrible news about what the Poles did to Jews during ww2, but apparently it's illegal to even discuss in Poland

there's lots of things you apparently can't talk about in the free world (democratic, rules based)

my god what a collection of flags

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kielce_pogrom tl:Dr the communist government had to come in to stop the pogrom. The article then some how manages to make it seem like they did something bad???

quote:

This article is about the 1946 pogrom. For the 1918 pogrom in Kielce, see Kielce pogrom (1918).

:thunk:

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
love when my country has multiple pogroms in the 20th century alone

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

BadOptics posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kielce_pogrom tl:Dr the communist government had to come in to stop the pogrom. The article then some how manages to make it seem like they did something bad???

username/post

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
lol

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Regarde Aduck posted:

love when my country has multiple pogroms in the 20th century alone

love it more when it's the same city

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

WaryWarren posted:

love it more when it's the same city

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
lol that the spelling changes

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
protip: after a few pogroms, change the name so they're easier to push down on your SEO

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

BadOptics posted:

Its funny that the article really seems like its trying to blame the Communists

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

KomradeX posted:

I see you're new to English language Polish history

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

KomradeX posted:

The communists imprisoned our people unjustly!!!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
it takes a special sort of shittiness to go through a nazi occupation that killed 20% of your population and had stuff like the warsaw uprising and still have hatred in your heart towards others especially the jews who had just gone through the loving holocaust in your country.

the soviets were the civilizing force in eastern europe.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

"a series of major student, intellectual and other protests against the ruling Polish United Workers' Party of the Polish People's Republic."

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

it takes a special sort of shittiness to go through a nazi occupation that killed 20% of your population and had stuff like the warsaw uprising and still have hatred in your heart towards others especially the jews who had just gone through the loving holocaust in your country.

It's probably because they thought they had gotten rid of them during the war:

quote:

By the summer of 1946, some 200 Jews, many of them former residents of Kielce, had returned from the Nazi concentration camps or refuge in the Soviet Union. About 150–160 of them were quartered in a single building administered by the Jewish Committee of Kielce Voivodeship at Planty,[9] a small street in the centre of the town.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Al-Saqr posted:

something something polishing the cocks of german horses till the ussr raised them to sapience

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Like itndoes seem like there was a major failing of the local communist party. But I find the idea that blaming reactionary elements is just Communist lies always astounding

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

KomradeX posted:

Like itndoes seem like there was a major failing of the local communist party. But I find the idea that blaming reactionary elements is just Communist lies always astounding

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_in_Poland

quote:

Several causes led to the anti-Jewish violence of 1944–1947. One cause was traditional Christian anti-semitism; the pogrom in Cracow (11 August 1945) and in Kielce followed accusations of ritual murder. Another cause was the gentile Polish hostility to the Communist takeover. Even though very few Jews lived in postwar Poland, many Poles believed they dominated the Communist authorities, a belief expressed in the term Żydokomuna (Judeo-Communist), a popular anti-Jewish stereotype. Yet another reason for Polish violence towards Jews stemmed from the fear that survivors would recover their property.[26][253]

Really strange that anti-communist resistance post-WW2 involved so much anti-Semitic violence...

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

BadOptics posted:

Really strange that anti-communist resistance post-WW2 involved so much anti-Semitic violence...

All of the anti-communist resistance during the war did too.

And in the Russian Civil War...

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
lmao that after a century using judeo-bolshevism as an excuse, these guys started a pogrom on the basis of blood libel in 1946. Please, somebody tell me they didn't desecrate the sacramental bread!!!

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
weird coincidence

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

BadOptics posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_in_Poland

its always the soviets fault

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

trying to remember all the pogroms in witcher now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
doesnt the witcher slaughter shitloads of peasants